Rebuilding Humanity (SignUps 3/5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Kim Mars
Primary Weapon: Vintage rifle (40rounds)
Secondary Weapon (If any): dagger
Essential Equipment: shoulder bag(satchel) to carry essentials & collect found items ,Steel Flint (fire starter) , rolled up sleeping bag
Non-Essential Equipment: silver charmed bracelet, old worn leather diary & pencil
Role: farmer/food manager
Appearance:
89769e56fd4735967b049b8c4e1f7ab1-jpg.40597

What does this character contribute to the Group:
Knows her terrains well , ( will be to know diff plant life etc) able to contribute towards tracking and finding animals, collecting gathering foods/plants etc. Best hunter of her family. Able to set snares , and traps from almost nothing.

Backstory: She spent most of her life isolated, on the family farm with her mother and father. She'd only heard stories of the disasters, lost close friends to the earthquakes that erupted. Away from most of the harshness of the outbreak, she spent most of her teen years learning to crop,helping on the farm however she could.

As an only child, she spent most of times alone finding it harder to trust people as pass byers and other likely survivors, tried to raid their farm, being trained in combat her whole life (father worked in the army before outbreak) she could easily defend her self, quick reflexes and good with a gun, she got used to relying on herself.

Fear: having to survive alone , no family left alive.

#name

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: White
Essential Equipment: shoulder bag(satchel) to carry essentials,collect found items Steel Flint (fire starter) , rolled up sleeping bag
Non-Essential Equipment: silver charmed bracelet, old worn leather diary & pencil
Appearance:View attachment 40597

Knows her terrains well , ( will be to know diff plant life etc) able to contribute towards tracking and finding animals, collecting gathering foods/plants etc. Best hunter of her family. Able to set snares , and traps from almost nothing.

Backstory: She spent most of her life isolated, on the family farm with her mother and father. She'd only heard stories of the disasters, lost close friends to the earthquakes that erupted. Away from most of the harshness of the outbreak, she spent most of her teen years learning to crop,
helping on the farm however she could.

As an only child, she spent most of times alone finding it harder to trust people as pass byers and other likely survivors, tried to raid their farm, being trained in combat her whole life (father worked in the army before outbreak) she could easily defend her self, quick reflexes and good with a gun, she got used to relying on herself.

there is something hidden in the rules.

how do i move my picture over from just copying NO LINK ? ... i made this post on another computer therefore my pic isnt saved on this one

Also, if you right click over the img, theres an option: Copy picture URL.

Yay I got a cookie! xD

I want a cookie D:

YAY! COOKIE! :D

Two cookies <3

@Desire, where is your character? >.>

I need to move her over from the old OOC, renaming her though. I need to set up the second character still whom is going to be something more... explicit to give the technological situation a logic as this thread is in the sci fi section.

On context of the RP this refers to "near future"....

I will get to adjust the CS of the first and create the second tomorrow before I open the IC.

Just was looking at the terms and rules because somebody choose to negatively rate my posts when I decided to rate his "no, just no" and end the entire bs that he was doing.
He literaly abused the rating system because he couldnt deal with me rating his poorly because he was replying without understanding what I was saying. I can quote a text to elabroate more about what it is about. Just mind, I put it into a spoiler so people who dont want to read it can just skip over it.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
He kept going on about mental illnesses and how serious they are.
I told him he must NOT call mental illnesses, illnesses/sickness.

What are Sicknesses/Illnesses?
Illnesses and Sicknesses define inabilities, limitations.

I said that it is NEEDED to call these Problems.

What are Problems?
A problem is something that occurs and makes something more difficult/More annoying, but problem, by definition, also states something that can be solved.

He doesnt get this. And I was unwilling to explain it again to somebody whom is giving me emotional replies and not rational replies.

He implied that I said that I would be insulting people with mental illness, that I would claim it is their own fault.
This would mean that I would say that I am insulting myself and that it is my own fault that I suffer.
I know a lot about this for the reason that I did suffer as well and decided to explore the subject a lot more to understand what is going on inside of me and on how I could solve it.

Essential Equipment: shoulder bag(satchel) to carry essentials & collect found items ,Steel Flint (fire starter) , rolled up sleeping bag
Appearance:
89769e56fd4735967b049b8c4e1f7ab1-jpg.40597

Backstory: She spent most of her life isolated, on the family farm with her mother and father. She'd only heard stories of the disasters, lost close friends to the earthquakes that erupted. Away from most of the harshness of the outbreak, she spent most of her teen years learning to crop,helping on the farm however she could.

#name
This is approved btw. Sorry Kissix, having a bad day you see D:

#Name
Name: Midnight De Witte
Primary Weapon: Grandpower K100 Semi-Automatic Pistol (with 13 rounds loaded)
Secondary Weapon (If any): Military grade M-26 Taser (with drive stun capability)
Essential Equipment: Advanced first aid kit (contains uncommon items such as several xstat syringes, epinephrine autoinjectors, and various medications), two box magazines of 9x19mm ammunition containing 17 rounds each, and an automated external defibrilator with three sets of pads.
Non-Essential Equipment: Ragged, worn medical pocket dictionary, notebook and pencil.
What does this character contribute to the Group: Advanced first aid training, medical knowledge, eidetic memory, natural logic / problem solving ability.
Group Section: Technician Department
Appearance: Midnight is underweight and borderline anorexic. She has a gaunt frame and is several inches shorter than average. Her most noticeäble physical trait is her albinism--Her skin is death-white, her hair sharing a similar color. Her eyes are entirely red, the blood behind them being visible due to the lack of pigment. She usually has dark circles under her eyes due to exhaustion. Her hair is long, but usually tied into a ponytail when she's working. Otherwise, she lets it hang loose. She wears white pants, a white undershirt, a white button-up, and a large satchel that contains her first aid kit, AED, one magazine of ammunition, her pocket dictionary, and her notebook. Her other magazine is held in her front shirt pocket. Her GPK100 is holstered on her left, and her M-26 is clipped to her right. She tends to avoid eye contact, often looking to the side or down.
Personality Concept: Midnight is timid around people, especially strangers, and she always errs on the side of caution and shies away from danger. She pays attention to everything around her, trying to take in as much as possible. She has eideitic memory; that is, her brain stores information differently than others. It's impossible for her to forget something, but this means that her thoughts are often rather confused, since she has to wade through a massive quagmire of memory to find anything. Because of this, she's often slow to respond to questions or statements, having to take a moment to remember what she's trying to say. Her dictionary isn't strictly needed; she's already perused its contents and committed every detail to memory, but it has sentimental value for her as the original source of her general knowledge. Her notebook isn't for recording notes to remember later, but rather to pass the time by sketching. Midnight, while not an amazing artist, is decent, and eases her anxiety by drawing. Despite her timidness, she's brave in her own way, being unbothered by blood, gore, or any other ghastly sight, and willing to go to any lengths to save a patient. She dislikes shooting people and tries to only resort to her pistol when necessary, using the taser whenever possible.
Backstory: Midnight's father was a doctor. He was one of the original members of Last Eden, as one of the only experienced medical personnel at first. He passed on one of the last books on medicine he had left to Midnight, a pocket dictionary. She devoured its contents and found anything else she could on first aid, recognizing from a young age that the growing settlement would need doctors. She gathered any medical items she could get her hands on, and managed to gather a fairly comprehensive first aid kit and eventually an AED with a couple years still left on the battery, although the pads needed were harder to get. By the time she was a teenager, she found herself constantly rushing around the settlement helping those who needed help. While she expected her father to be proud of her, he disapproved of her efforts, saying that not everyone was worth saving. Becoming disillusioned of her father, Midnight watched in dismay as he rose in rank to become one of the authority figures of L.E. His daughter was treated no fairer than the rest. Eventually, she joined one of the expeditions heading out because they needed a doctor.
Fear: Algophobia
Anything else: I'm first aid certified and studying to become an emergency medical technician, so I should hopefully be able to play a medic fairly accurately. Just felt like that was worth mentioning.

He kept going on about mental illnesses and how serious they are.
I told him he must NOT call mental illnesses, illnesses/sickness.

What are Sicknesses/Illnesses?
Illnesses and Sicknesses define inabilities, limitations.

I said that it is NEEDED to call these Problems.

What are Problems?
A problem is something that occurs and makes something more difficult/More annoying, but problem, by definition, also states something that can be solved.

He doesnt get this. And I was unwilling to explain it again to somebody whom is giving me emotional replies and not rational replies.

He implied that I said that I would be insulting people with mental illness, that I would claim it is their own fault.
This would mean that I would say that I am insulting myself and that it is my own fault that I suffer.
I know a lot about this for the reason that I did suffer as well and decided to explore the subject a lot more to understand what is going on inside of me and on how I could solve it.
Psychiatric disorders are not medical diseases. There are no lab tests, brain scans, X-rays or chemical imbalance tests that can verify any mental disorder is a physical condition. This is not to say that people do not get depressed, or that people can't experience emotional or mental duress, but psychiatry has repackaged these emotions and behaviors as "disease" in order to sell drugs. This is a brilliant marketing campaign, but it is not science.

Modern psychiatry has yet to convincingly prove the genetic/biologic cause of any single mental illness…Patients have been diagnosed with 'chemical imbalances' despite the fact that no test exists to support such a claim, and…there is no real conception of what a correct chemical balance would look like.

@Vansalon Algophobia- Fear of pain. Interesting. I assume of course it being inflicted on he, is she conflicted when she has to hurt someone/something else?

Also my second character will have a form of albinism. :D

• Thank You
Reactions: White
@Vansalon Algophobia- Fear of pain. Interesting. I assume of course it being inflicted on her, is she conflicted when she has to hurt someone/something else?

Also my second character will have a form of albinism. :D
Her fear is experiencing it herself, although she doesn't like inflicting pain either. It's just often necessary when treating an injury.

Albino buddies, go!

Status
Not open for further replies.