Rebuilding Humanity [A Character & Teamwork-Based RP] [OOC/Signups]

Whaddya think of the pseudo-veggies in Yuke's bag?

They sounded delicious :P.
I happen to know that buckwheat is incredibly good with maple syrup.

(Malpais. Clever name.)

Name:
Anatoly
Primary Weapon:
SR-3 Vikhr Assault Rifle
Secondary Weapon:
Half of a broom handle, to be used like a baton.
Essential Equipment:
Two magazines of 9x39mm subsonic rounds; periscope flashlight; day-pack (small hiking backpack).
Non-Essential Equipment:
Italian Neighbours by Tim Parks (pocket edition), a box of white chalk.
Role:
Scout or Scavenger as needed.
Appearance:
44515341.jpg

Backstory:
Anatoly was a young boy when the world was alive, and in school when it ended. Frightened by the panic and noise as children were herded outside and alarms blared, Anatoly ran and hid in a broom closet. He stayed there as the children loaded up onto buses and departed. Stayed there, in the dark, while the town was evacuated. Stayed there until he fell asleep from exhaustion.
When he awoke he was thirsty, and a strange smell filled the air. He exited the closet to see strange orange lights flickering in the pre-dawn dark, and ran outside into the cold to see much of the town on fire. Ash and snow fell from the sky. He grew up alone, having to learn to fend for himself, and constantly in search of others. Eventually, those he did find banded together to form a community, taking in what other survivors came across them. It was there that he stayed, doing his best to prolong their survival and benefit the community, with hopes that some day they would find some city, some nation, who had survived the apocalypse and lay out there waiting for them to return home.

Anything else?
If needed, I suppose I could be the leader. I'd like to write it into the backstory if that is the case.

Last edited:
Name: Entin Tima Pavlovich
Primary Weapon: Pump Shotgun-12-gauge
Secondary Weapon: Hatchet
Essential Equipment: Pouch of seeds (Pricklepears [pears evolved to the harsh conditions of radiation and cold, covered in thistles and overall very bitter] and Turnips [even a nuclear winter couldn't change these damn things]), 22 12-gauge shells, Male and female pig.
Non-Essential Equipment: Picture of his mother and father, bottle of bootlegged vodka.
Role: Farmer
Backstory: Born from Russian immigrants who all made a pilgrimage to the safe haven from the Bering sea, through the Canadian Wastelands and to L.E. He was raised as a farmer child back home, learning animal husbandry and so on, since L.E had little food since the start they let in his family with open arms.
In his childhood, his calloused hands were familiar with the pitchfork and shovel, and when his parents passed in their old age behind the walls, he carried on the farm by his self, tending to the crops and animals under the watchful eye of the ever growing workers corps. Until the L.E soldiers and government began encroaching more and more on his land for the good of the Colony. He caught wind of a caravan leaving the walls, since he was no longer the owner of his, now government controlled, farm, he packed his bags, took his last possessions; and joined the exodus on their adventure to the outside.

Here we are, happy to be aboard!
Also tried to add some fun crops too, just for the atmosphere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I be a leader?? :D Also are anime pictures acceptable for this? I have one I really want to use for my character. :)

Name: Greg "The Doorman" Krulick

Primary Weapon: Winchester Model 37A 12 GA

Secondary Weapon (If any): Custom Kukri

Essential Equipment: 12 Extra slugs, Whetstone, Skinning knife

Non-Essential Equipment: Burned Photo, Broken Pocket Watch

Role: Guard

Appearance:
survivor2523a53d2a0800.jpg

Backstory: He would prefer not to go into details. Main things are survival training, weapons knowledge, and a former job as a Bouncer. Other than that, you don't need to know shit. He is not your friend, you are not his partner. You simply both want to survive. Nothing more, nothing less.

Anything else?: Not that you need to know....

Whaddya think of the pseudo-veggies in Yuke's bag?
They're interesting and as far as I'm concerned they're just fine! Accepted.
(Malpais. Clever name.)

Name:
Anatoly
Primary Weapon:
SR-3 Vikhr Assault Rifle
Secondary Weapon:
Half of a broom handle, to be used like a baton.
Essential Equipment:
Six magazines of 9x39mm subsonic rounds; periscope flashlight; day-pack (small hiking backpack).
Non-Essential Equipment:
Italian Neighbours by Tim Parks (pocket edition), a box of white chalk.
Role:
Scout or Scavenger as needed.
Appearance:
44515341.jpg

Backstory:
Anatoly was a young boy when the world was alive, and in school when it ended. Frightened by the panic and noise as children were herded outside and alarms blared, Anatoly ran and hid in a broom closet. He stayed there as the children loaded up onto buses and departed. Stayed there, in the dark, while the town was evacuated. Stayed there until he fell asleep from exhaustion.
When he awoke he was thirsty, and a strange smell filled the air. He exited the closet to see strange orange lights flickering in the pre-dawn dark, and ran outside into the cold to see much of the town on fire. Ash and snow fell from the sky. He grew up alone, having to learn to fend for himself, and constantly in search of others. Eventually, those he did find banded together to form a community, taking in what other survivors came across them. It was there that he stayed, doing his best to prolong their survival and benefit the community, with hopes that some day they would find some city, some nation, who had survived the apocalypse and lay out there waiting for them to return home.

Anything else?
If needed, I suppose I could be the leader. I'd like to write it into the backstory if that is the case.
Only problem I see with your CS is how many magazines of ammo he is carrying. Two magazines count as one essential item. If you can get that fixed, he'd be accepted!

Name: Entin Tima Pavlovich
Primary Weapon: Pump Shotgun-12-gauge
Secondary Weapon: Hatchet
Essential Equipment: Pouch of seeds (Pricklepears [pears evolved to the harsh conditions of radiation and cold, covered in thistles and overall very bitter] and Turnips [even a nuclear winter couldn't change these damn things]), 22 12-gauge shells, Male and female pig.
Non-Essential Equipment: Picture of his mother and father, bottle of bootlegged vodka.
Role: Farmer
Backstory: Born from Russian immigrants who all made a pilgrimage to the safe haven from the Bering sea, through the Canadian Wastelands and to L.E. He was raised as a farmer child back home, learning animal husbandry and so on, since L.E had little food since the start they let in his family with open arms.
In his childhood, his calloused hands were familiar with the pitchfork and shovel, and when his parents passed in their old age behind the walls, he carried on the farm by his self, tending to the crops and animals under the watchful eye of the ever growing workers corps. Until the L.E soldiers and government began encroaching more and more on his land for the good of the Colony. He caught wind of a caravan leaving the walls, since he was no longer the owner of his, now government controlled, farm, he packed his bags, took his last possessions; and joined the exodus on their adventure to the outside.

Here we are, happy to be aboard!
Also tried to add some fun crops too, just for the atmosphere.
Accepted.
Can I be a leader?? :D Also are anime pictures acceptable for this? I have one I really want to use for my character. :)
Leader spot is open so if you wanna nab it, PM me your CS for your leader character and I'll look over it there. And sure, an anime picture may be used.
Is the guard spot still open?
There can technically be an unlimited amount of guards (and any other role), but some roles need more people to fill their ranks then others.
Name: Greg "The Doorman" Krulick

Primary Weapon: Winchester Model 37A 12 GA

Secondary Weapon (If any): Custom Kukri

Essential Equipment: 12 Extra slugs, Whetstone, Skinning knife

Non-Essential Equipment: Burned Photo, Broken Pocket Watch

Role: Guard

Appearance:
survivor2523a53d2a0800.jpg

Backstory: He would prefer not to go into details. Main things are survival training, weapons knowledge, and a former job as a Bouncer. Other than that, you don't need to know shit. He is not your friend, you are not his partner. You simply both want to survive. Nothing more, nothing less.

Anything else?: Not that you need to know....
Accepted!

• Thank You
Reactions: Daws Combine
Name: Mitch Copperfield
Primary Weapon: AR-15
Secondary Weapon: K-Bar knife
Essential items: x2 5.56 AR magazines (15 each), leather water skin, matchbox w/ matches.
Non-essential: deck of cards, multiple dog tags.
Role: Farmer/Food manager
Appearance:
mountainmen2_marty-A.jpeg

Backstory: Mitch was a typical middle class kid growing up, he played video games, smoked pot etc. His dad was a prepper/home gardener so Mitch always knew how to grow food. He joined the Marines when he was 20 (after dropping out of college) and served in various tours in Afghanistan. He was currently on leave in Oregon when the world ended. He never stayed with one group for too long, the most time being about 2 years, and eventually lived by himself in the Washington wilderness for about 10 years. That is, until he journeyed to LE, saw that it was corrupt, and decided to join one of the caravan parties. In his youth, he would have totally been a scout/guard, but as he moves into his old age, he has taken more of a survival centered on keeping the food supply steady.

Fixed the post, thanks for pointing that out!

Name: Mitch Copperfield
Primary Weapon: AR-15
Secondary Weapon: K-Bar knife
Essential items: x2 5.56 AR magazines (15 each), leather water skin, matchbox w/ matches.
Non-essential: deck of cards, multiple dog tags.
Role: Farmer/Food manager
Appearance:
mountainmen2_marty-A.jpeg

Backstory: Mitch was a typical middle class kid growing up, he played video games, smoked pot etc. His dad was a prepper/home gardener so Mitch always knew how to grow food. He joined the Marines when he was 20 (after dropping out of college) and served in various tours in Afghanistan. He was currently on leave in Oregon when the world ended. He never stayed with one group for too long, the most time being about 2 years, and eventually lived by himself in the Washington wilderness for about 10 years. That is, until he journeyed to LE, saw that it was corrupt, and decided to join one of the caravan parties. In his youth, he would have totally been a scout/guard, but as he moves into his old age, he has taken more of a survival centered on keeping the food supply steady.
Accepted!
Fixed the post, thanks for pointing that out!
No prob! He's accepted.

• Thank You
Reactions: Doom Spiral
It looks like we only need an architect/builder and a leader to begin!

Hey . So am I excepted as well? Sry I took awhile to edit

Ah, sorry I forgot to quote you as well. Yeah you're accepted!

I might be getting a character with the leader role sorted out via PM but if you want you can change your role to architect. I personally might wait until tomorrow though. I'll put up a notice at the top of the OP that we need an architect and we'll see if we get anyone by tomorrow.

Name: Bastien Studwick
Primary Weapon: Smith & Wesson Model 625
Secondary Weapon (If any): a camp ax
Essential Equipment: (x2).45 ACP ammunition, Medical/First Aid Kit, a rain coat
Non-Essential Equipment: an old family photo, a small, plastic toy dog a young boy gave him as thanks for treating the boy's mother.
Role: Doctor
Appearance: 5'11" tall, relatively pale skin and greying brown hair. (More grey than brown) with warm brown eyes. His nose is somewhat crooked and he has some faint scars on his face near his right eye and on the right side of his nose.
Backstory: Bastien had always wanted to be a doctor ever since he was a little kid and he never let anything stop him from reaching his goal. Although multiple times he had been rethinking it due to the long amount of time he spent in school but in the end he pulled through it. He had only been practicing for a year when the world fell apart around him. It was lucky however that he had the skills he did as they were now in high demand. He spent many many years wandering from place to place and offering his services to anyone in need in exchange for food and temporary shelter. In this way he eventually made his way from Quebec all the way to the west coast and wandered down into america, looking for the LE that everyone seemed to be talking about. When he got there he stayed for maybe 4 years. It didn't take long for him to become unimpressed with the way things were being governed and he decided to take to the road once more. This time however, he'd be with a group of his own which was probably for the best, he wasn't a young man anymore.