Reborn Elemental; Origin story (relaxed and player driven)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Yes. There will NO Entropy or chaos , especially after that conversation, with which to instantly destroy anything or anyone.

Notice: there will be a huge creative licence with science during this role play

however, as I lack the knowledge of scientific study, would either or both of you consider writing for scientists tasked with the ability exploration aspect of believable science that we are most definitely going to need?@EddiEddi @Karakui

I like the idea of the random happenings, it makes sense. As first generation, it would stand to reason that they're walking disasters waiting to happen. It should be expected that even while they attempt to get a grasp of their new powers that things go horribly wrong on a large scale
It's going to be major hard for this to happen on a believable geopolitical scale.This way we would have to make the happenings within reason though we don't want to nuke it right away. The more you think about it the more you have to relax at the idea lol, or at least I do.

Also,

the way I'm thinking, This is more about the character's life/world changes than it is the actual abilities though that's going to make it major fun. We should be a healthy mixture of both control and elemental chaos. The stages of the change appear to go from random damage-the beginning scene- to minor control and massive change. The time periods for the changes are unknown but set and the only way for stability is through reproduction of genetic degradation and fragmentation. I.E.
Plot twist....We, human kind, are not the ones able to control it.​

Yes, Yes. There will NO Entropy or chaos , especially after that conversation, with which to instantly destroy anything or anyone.

Notice: there will be a huge creative licence with science during this role play

however, as I lack the knowledge of scientific study, would either or both of you consider writing for scientists tasked with the ability exploration aspect of believable science that we are most definitely going to need?@EddiEddi @Karakui
yes. I would love to, as a biotechological reasearcher myself I would be HAPPY to do such a thing.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Yeah, I can do some pseudoscience for you if you need to. Looks like we're both biologists, so this should be a doddle :P Eddi's further ahead in study though, so if you're looking for surface level stuff (IE, stuff that the general masses can understand) I might be more useful since I'm less too-far-gone down the sciency line :P

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Yeah, I can do some pseudoscience for you if you need to. Looks like we're both biologists, so this should be a doddle :P Eddi's further ahead in study though, so if you're looking for surface level stuff (IE, stuff that the general masses can understand) I might be more useful since I'm less too-far-gone down the sciency line :P
So, what sort of bio stuff do you do? I'm currently in the Synthetic life forms and genetic engineering feild working as a research professor. Hi! I like messing with the stuff that makes us, us!

Reactions: Karakui
Well, as I still have the "under 18" icon (almost though!) I'm still a student, but I do a lot of reading around the subject outside of class. I'm most interested in neurobiology and parasitology, at the moment, though cell biology and genetic engineering is also something I find very interesting. Colonial life forms like that Portuguese Man'o'war are pretty cool too. Don't suppose you know how that thing works, do you? I don't have the internet capacity to spend hours looking it up at the moment.

I do know. but I REALLY don't want to have to over it, it was about 4 lectures worth of crap. and thats 4 sets of 2 hour lectures.

Damn, sounds complicated. Fascinating, I'm sure. The main thing I don't understand is how the individual polyps actually work developed. I can't figure out if they grow seperately and stick together by coincidence (or not) or if they differentiate from a single organism. If the latter, why aren't polyps just considered differentiated organs like they are in everything else?

I'm interested in this, if you manage to gather enough people, I'd like to call dibs on Air.
I love this! I'm interested and would like to call Earth if you're cool with it c:
Hm, nice. An unusual way to do elements. Could I reserve Light? Also, do they actually control the elements or do things just kinda... happen?
I like the idea Calling Darkness (as every element has to have a counterpart so light needs shadow!) but failing that I want Electricity.
Duly noted; however I'd like to wait calling positions until the sign-ups at least. OR alternatively would you guys be interested in just creating characters and random assignment of elements to keep it actually exploratory and not....everyone built around the element?

There will be various scientific, militant and political positions as well.

I'd like to wait calling positions until the sign-ups at least. OR alternatively would you guys be interested in just creating characters and random assignment of elements to keep it actually exploratory and not....everyone built around the element?
I'm cool with that either way c: Since our characters won't know what's going on with them, it would be fun for us not to know either. Maybe we could pick numbers or something so that it's more random?

I'm cool with that either way c: Since our characters won't know what's going on with them, it would be fun for us not to know either. Maybe we could pick numbers or something so that it's more random?
Sounds good to me. Any other ideas or thoughts on that? I'm almost done with the sign up thread; if we can just get this decided I can change something then post it.

Duly noted; however I'd like to wait calling positions until the sign-ups at least. OR alternatively would you guys be interested in just creating characters and random assignment of elements to keep it actually exploratory and not....everyone built around the element?

There will be various scientific, militant and political positions as well.
I'd be up for the random assignment as well, I like the notion of being surprised and just going with the flow from there

I always make characters before determining their ability anyway (except in the case of people whose backstory revolves around the ability, eg vampires). Personally, I'd rather not do random assignment because I find certain elements pretty boring to play as (especially fire), and I like to challenge myself in finding unconventional uses for the ability, so for me, Fire, Earth and Water are all relatively dull. That being said, if there's an overwhelming majority for random, I can go with that. What do I need to pay to get you to rig the choices? :P

I'm not fussed, I just don't like earth and fire, they are kinda dull.

I'm not fussed, I just don't like earth and fire, they are kinda dull.
I always make characters before determining their ability anyway (except in the case of people whose backstory revolves around the ability, eg vampires). Personally, I'd rather not do random assignment because I find certain elements pretty boring to play as (especially fire), and I like to challenge myself in finding unconventional uses for the ability, so for me, Fire, Earth and Water are all relatively dull. That being said, if there's an overwhelming majority for random, I can go with that. What do I need to pay to get you to rig the choices? :P
I'd be up for the random assignment as well, I like the notion of being surprised and just going with the flow from there
Sounds even so far. I guess we will wait for a tiebreaker participant...unless it takes to long. I've posted the Sign-up thread

Status
Not open for further replies.