Reboot: Fate/stay Night - War of the Fourteen Magi - High Intermediate - Alternate Universe

VanceXentan

Gundam Meister
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Mecha, Superhero, Anime, Adventure, Magical

The year is 2012 and the next holy grail war is set to begin with the last ending in a flat out no-contest with the death of one of the magi ending in two friends left forcing them to call it a draw as neither side wanted to end the other. Or at the very least that is what the church overseer had claimed. The last war was held in Fuyuki city, and now it seems to be held there once more due to the failure of the previous masters whom saw the war fail to find a proper conclusion leading to the aforementioned draw.

However the pent up magic from the previous war seems to have caused unfortunate consequences in this war as well according to the church. As the masters begin to gather and summon their servants it would seem that there is a specific clause for this particular war. An enforcement made by the guardians of the grail itself in order to make sure a winner is definitely declared in this war. How many masters, and magus whom have been reawakened by this new power is unknown. However some mages whom have taken up the challenge of finding out why this has happened, and how to little success.

The war is just beginning and the stipulation has been sent out by the neutral priest whom is acting as the overseer, the individual in charge of the war. The following has not been announced yet however the groups are going to be pressured into break up into teams of seven people or less. The winners of the war shall all receive one minor wish granted to them personally due to the nature of the war the grail's magic may end up needing to be shared among the winning party. Though how they are to team up is up to them there will need to be two sides of the war anyone who refuses to side with a party is allowed to continue fighting in the war however they will be outnumbered, and possibly eliminated quickly. To this end the neutral party led by the Overseer has inclined to offer a meet up at his large home for those who wish to become a part of a side without having to seek out other masters by themselves. This war is setting up to become a mess as rules have been changed and old rivalries have been resurrected from long past eras. What shall come of the war is up to the masters and the servants who fight for them.

====
Hello everyone assuming you're still interested after hearing the plot basis I have some stuff I'd like to inform you all about. Yes fourteen magi will be participating in this war. In order to incorporate a actual roleplaying basis for this I will be putting all player characters on one singular team. The win conditions for the war have been altered slightly from usual wars in that you must eliminate, or force a surrender from the opposing team. There is no set hierarchy so it may be necessary to force each individual master to surrender to the other faction.

You may play as a servant, or a hero/master. I encourage you to make two separate characters so you can play both. In the case of drop outs ex-masters will be allowed to re-summon servants, and already made servants can attach themselves to an existing master, or make one for their own. Of course this being a fates roleplay PVP combat is allowed however there is a big restriction on it: Both players on either end must agree to do so. Battles like them will be done in either a collaboration post. This is to prevent random player killings from say Assassin.

A note is I'm going to do my best to balance out certain aspects of characters as to prevent any power playing from happening. Some people will excel at certain areas and others won't. Therefore it's how you use your abilities not the quality, or quantity of them that will end up with a victorious winner. To make sure there is no confusion I may need to nerf down some canon servants and prevent custom ones from being too strong. Custom servants are limited to two noble phantasms. Some phantasms have the ability to auto-kill or hit enemies and in a roleplaying setting that is very much unacceptable as it makes games hard to balance. You may not make a character who did not exist in history with some sort of record or legend telling of them. Indian Mythology is especially bizarre power wise so I recommend not choosing them. Likewise some Japanese myth characters aren't allowed either as in canon they have been unable to be summoned by way of a fuyuki holy grail. Besides that Japan gives them a stat boost, and possibly an extra noble phantasm depending on the location.

An example of the above would be say Siegfried as Saber. He has armor the prevents him from taking damage from B-Rank weapons, and abilities or below. An argument can be made for not nerfing them however I am reserving the rights to do so if I view it necessary. Remember even the lowest ranking servants can lift up cars. Power levels are everything in fates. That would be far to strong and I'd bring it down to C rank to at least make him more vulnerable and less prone to not being harmed by more or less everything.

With that being said I'm reserving the spot of Saber unless someone has a great idea for a saber class. I'm willing to relinquish saber only to a player who is definitely going to be playing to the end of the roleplay as it is a vital class being either a heavy damage dealer, or a big tank. They can easily be overplayed if not careful.
Also I would recommend picking a more combat based assassin. Spying on people is all well and good but it's hard to regulate in a roleplay like this. As such characters like canon jack the ripper are frowned upon for erasing more or less all info on their presence constantly.

Here's a list of roles currently claimed:

Servant

Saber: Reserved by Gm until further notice
Archer:
Lancer:
Rider:
Caster: reserved
Assassin: Reserved
Beserker:

Last edited:
Hmmmm. I will show interest as the Assassin position ^^

@Artorias I'd be happy to do that. I'm apologizing in advance for some of the rule changes. Normally I'd allow Japanese heroes but they've become too hard to balance being in Japan. And some Indian heroes are overblown (See Karna, and Arjuna in canon) Wasn't expecting to see interest so soon too.

I just logged in and was checking the group threads and saw this ^^

So no Japanese heroes to be allowed? Hmmm. I had two in mind for the assassin position but I'm sure I can figure out someone else from history to fill the position.

I just logged in and was checking the group threads and saw this ^^

So no Japanese heroes to be allowed? Hmmm. I had two in mind for the assassin position but I'm sure I can figure out someone else from history to fill the position.
The sole exception is maybe guys like Kojiro Sasaki. I feel like he would make an alright assassin however guys like Hanzo, Oda, Tadakatsu, and some others would receive some rather unfair bonuses on top of their already staggering ability.

The sole exception is maybe guys like Kojiro Sasaki. I feel like he would make an alright assassin however guys like Hanzo, Oda, Tadakatsu, and some others would receive some rather unfair bonuses on top of their already staggering ability.
Ah yes. I was actually thinking about Hanzo, but having him in the Assassin spot may actually weaken/cripple him as he was a known tactician (Would help with being an assassin) but also known for being a Master of the Spear which would fit better as a Lancer.

It's alright if you won't allow him, it is understandable ^^

Ah yes. I was actually thinking about Hanzo, but having him in the Assassin spot may actually weaken/cripple him as he was a known tactician (Would help with being an assassin) but also known for being a Master of the Spear which would fit better as a Lancer.

It's alright if you won't allow him, it is understandable ^^
I do believe Hanzo's fame boost would be a bit much for this roleplay personally. It's not that I don't trust you per say, I just met you, it's just a personal thing with me. If I see something that could potentially be abuse-able like Sir Lancelot's ability to turn anything into a phantasm I tend to try and not place it in there. If you want I can try and help you find a new assassin.

I do believe Hanzo's fame boost would be a bit much for this roleplay personally. It's not that I don't trust you per say, I just met you, it's just a personal thing with me. If I see something that could potentially be abuse-able like Sir Lancelot's ability to turn anything into a phantasm I tend to try and not place it in there. If you want I can try and help you find a new assassin.
Understandable. Hmmm. Trying to think of some people outside of Japan really. Something not so recent in the past hundred or so years.

Understandable. Hmmm. Trying to think of some people outside of Japan really. Something not so recent in the past hundred or so years.

Personally I'd go with Cleopatra, Brutus, Charles-Henri Sanson, Dr. Jekyll, EMIYA, and maybe Charlotte Corday.

I can try and find more from my mind.

Also welcome back blighted agent wasn't sure if I would see you again.

Hmmm. I'm aiming not to use a character already made in anything Fate/ related. Challenging, but if it comes down to it then I might just go with the original, Hassan-i-Sabbah.

Hang Tuah, Macbeth and Jing Ke come to mind for potential Assassin's. (One being a literal assassin from China, who failed in his assassination and has been passed down in history as a fool, but was actually skilled. Potentially wants the Grail to rewrite history into thinking that he was a great assassin and not a fool instead. or something.)

Hmmm. I'm aiming not to use a character already made in anything Fate/ related. Challenging, but if it comes down to it then I might just go with the original, Hassan-i-Sabbah.

Hang Tuah, Macbeth and Jing Ke come to mind for potential Assassin's. (One being a literal assassin from China, who failed in his assassination and has been passed down in history as a fool, but was actually skilled. Potentially wants the Grail to rewrite history into thinking that he was a great assassin and not a fool instead. or something.)
King Hassan is too strong to be used. He literally teleports and instant murders people. He inflicts the CONCEPT of death on people. He did it to Ozymandias in grand order and only survived because he was in a position of power. Like he bisected the man's head and Ozy ain't no weak rider. Jing Ke would need to be nerfed down with her instant kill dagger. There is no Hang Tuah, or Macbeth so you can use them. Also I may suggest you consider native americans they have a history of assassins.

I don't mean the original Hassan (My bad) I just meant a Hassan

I don't mean the original Hassan (My bad) I just meant a Hassan
that's certainly viable. Depends on which one and if it needs some nerfs. Some of them are a bit ridiculous otherwise. For example the girl one is literally walking poison.

Hassan of Serenity is very waifu...

And yeah Vance, I assumed the other thread would get updated at some point so I was surprised to find this new one, but I'm always willing to try it out. My character sheets should still be lying around.

Well if I bounced the interest check it'd just show an old one with that other guy showing up asking if I was making it on another site. This way it's just a fresh start. I also put out an ad that hopefully will get passed and it may get us a few more people. There are a few other fate roleplays on this site now but they're definitely different from mine in some aspects.

@Artorias You wouldn't happen to know anyone who may be interested in this correct?

Ummmm. None to be honest. I have one or two in mind but I believe they mentioned to me once they were full on roleplays

Alright no problem. I just see a lack of interest for a whole day and I try and ask the new guys if they know anyone.

Is Sir Tristan/Robin hood alright for this play?