Rebirth of The Nova Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Ultra Paradox

Original poster
Theme Song:

blue It's been three hundred years, three hundred long years since the Nova Guardians roamed the streets of Japan. Once known as "The Keepers of Peace", the ones who fought for the name of justice and nothing more, they were living legends. Rumors have it that at one point there were as many as two-hundred, but now there are none. While evidence of Nova Guardians being real were little to none, there was a common belief that these justice seekers were out there somewhere. But those days are far behind them, for the living legend has become nothing but another Japanese Folklore.
blue

The year is now 2000, and Japan is ravaged by corruption and violence. An economy that's been plummeting over the recent years with an ever growing crime rate, they are in need of the most aid. A new political leader and practical ruler, "President" Shijo Towi, preaches that a new change is upon Japan. He will be that iron fist bringing upon the change, with the militarization of the police and ongoing late night raids, he hopes to accomplish this.

Yet, as expected Towi's promises fall short. The police force is just as corrupted as he is, embezzling the population, doing little to nothing in order to stop actual criminals, arresting, beating, and even killing innocent citizens. The new era in Japan seems almost like a dictatorship, with very little resistance against Towi due to fear of being arrested and "dealt with".

The Japan that once lived in peace and prosperity is no more. This is the era of Towi, and that won't change. Or...will it?

[fieldbox="Introduction, red, solid"]Another moist night in the enormous city of Tokyo. Midnight struck, and the loud speakers in the streets all resonated with the same message. The new curfew set by President Towi was in full effect, it warned that if any citizen would be found outside of their homes they would be arrested under the new law codes. Not a single person roamed the side walks, not one car swiveled through the streets. Even the mice hid behind trash bags, and remained hidden, away from the heavy boots of patrolling Officers.

"My wife and kids are waiting for me at home and here I am patrolling all through the night," One of the officers groaned, clearly irritated.

"I wouldn't complain if I were you, if it wasn't for this, your family wouldn't be as loaded as they are," Another replied, presumably the leader as he was taking lead. The pitter patter of the rain smacking the visor of their helmets.

"You aren't wrong about that," The first laughed, as the squadron of ten Officers marched on through the night. The rain began to pick up while they continued their leisurely conversation. "You know, there's one thing I like about this, it's the fact that-" Thunder roared and down came a bolt of lightning quickly striking the ground in an alleyway across the street, "Oh shit!" The startled officer fell backwards and everyone else staggered in fear.

The alley was full of smoke, slowly rising into the atmosphere. They took a couple minutes to gather themselves, helping the fallen cop up, and then taking another few seconds to muster the courage and go check out the damages. The slowly crossed the street, weapons drawn for whatever reason and cautiously peeked over the edge into the alley. They could scarcely see, with all the smog blinding them they remained at the foot of the entrance until it all started clearing up.

"Someone's there!" One of the officers shouted and turned on the flashlight to his rifle, "D-d-don't move!" He seemed nervous and looked back at the others for assistance.

As it continued clearing, they could make out what looked like a naked girl in the corner. She was very thin, almost sickly so, but they couldn't tell if she was a teenager or an adult. They were watching her, and she did the same, studying them with cold, calculated eyes. She was really short, but had mature features, including a strange glowing mark on her shoulder.

"Are you hurt?" A different officer asked, lowering his weapon.

"Don't lower your weapon!" The officer holding a higher rank stepped forward, removing his mask. He was a bald man, with a scar over his right eye, "She wouldn't have gotten hurt if she wasn't out here, you're under arrest by President Towi's Curfew Law!"

The girl didn't respond, she remained in the corner. Naked, yet not afraid. She slightly tilted her head at the man's commands before calmly standing up straight and looking around. The way she acted showed she wasn't of this world, everything appeared new to her. Her lifeless eyes skipped over each man who stood before her, and she obviously didn't care how revealing she was being.

"I said you're under arrest!" The man with the scar shouted stepping forward.

Finally, she broke her silence, "Is this Tokyo, Japan?"

"C-C-Captain Shinjo-"

"Are you mocking me girl?" Shinjo reached for her arm, but almost instantly she pushed his arm away and with a swift blow to his chest knocked him backwards into his squadron. The other men gasped at the girls abilities, not knowing what to do next. She sent him flying backwards by 5 meters, with just one punch, there isn't an average girl her height that can do that. They looked from her, to Shinjo, and then to each other.

"This was a waste of time," She scoffed, turning around and running towards the dead end.

Captain Shinjo gathered himself, and in a fit of anger shouted, "Fire damn it!"

On command, they drew their weapons and began firing upon the girl. But just as soon as they had started, they stopped. She was gone...

"It's good to be back..."
[/fieldbox]

[dash]Now you must be wondering, where do I come in? What role will I play in all of this? Well it's simple. You're a student (or worker) in Nishogami High, a high school in Tokyo with a dark past (Check out the Wiki to read more about it). Your character wants justice, whether she/he realizes it or not. You're tired of the corruption in your society and you want change. You're going to accidentally catch the attention of Ai the last Nova Guardian, through some lawful act. Whether it be protecting somebody from a bully or even showcasing your strength during gym class. When this occurs, and even will happen, where both of your legacies will intertwine and you too will become a Nova Guardian.

But do not stress over it, for the transformation will be slow. The process will be long. Maybe it'll take a while before you get noticed. Get to know Ai as the "student" and not Ai as the Nova Guardian she really is. But soon, you'll catch her attention and things will get very challenging. After all, being a death god that keeps justice in Japan isn't easy.[/dash]

Rules:
  • Must be flexible when it comes to the lengths of what you can write. Advanced would be the perfect writing style for this role play, but anybody could be accepted if they stand out.​
  • This will be a small group, so I'm looking for 4-6 people.​
  • The GM and Co-Gm make all of the tough decisions, when a character will die, you will be warned ahead of time. We may even roll a dice to randomly decide the fate of a character. If your character dies you may make another.​
  • You could make up to two characters, but don't go overboard. You have to keep in mind that along with all the NPC characters that the I and the Co-Gm are managing, there will be a lot of different characters.​
  • One rule I'm big on is god modding and strength. You have three strikes when god modding, first strike I warn you, second strike may lead to another warning or even something bad occurring to your character, and with the third strike comes the execution of your character. In the aspect of strength, your character could be the Macho Man Randy Savage or the strongest man on Earth, but he will be no match to Ai (at least not in the beginning). So your character can not be stronger than the last Nova Guardian, at least not until deep progression of the story.​
  • This is going to be an extremely long experience, so if you're not a fan of group role plays that last years, this may not be your thing.​
  • I look forward to making friends when it comes to this! So everyone who joins must be friendly and willing to listen to all types of opinions. If you get easily angered or hates hearing opinions other than your own this isn't for you ^^'.​
  • There will be a Discord group, so be open to downloading the Discord app on your phone or creating an account on your desktop.​
  • Follow Iwaku rules​
  • Have fun!​
You could find the Character Sheet on Wiki page! Make sure to read everything there if you're interested in any deeper lore. It will be updated frequently and when I have more time I will edit this thread for any errors because at the moment I'm pretty busy. I hope I'll see you soon!

(Fun fact: This Role play is literally the revival of an old story I used to write. But I changed the story up, A LOT, and now it's loosely based off of Persona (with all the changes of a corrupted society), Bleach (Shinigami), and a few other animes).

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Ryushin "Ryu" Rokugen

*Appearance:
solid_snake_casual_render_by_oxeyclean-d4xlj5n.png

Other Names: Ryu

Titles: The Dragon of the Six Blades

*Theme Song:

Birth Date: 12/11/1984

*Birth Place: Tokyo, Japan

Hometown: Tokyo, Japan

Primary Objective: Dethrone President Shijo Towi

*Secondary Objectives: Clear his name

*Biography: Ryushin Rokugen was the last heir of an honored family descended from ancient samurai. In modern times, the family changed their focus to industry, amassing great wealth through hard work and shoring up Japan's economic infrastructure. However, the honor of the samurai never left them. When President Shijo Towi proposed militarization and other suspect declarations, Ryu's father took a stand against Towi...at the cost of his life and the family's good name. Towi arranged assassinations and smear campaigns, destroying the Rokugen name and throwing fifteen-year-old Ryu into the streets as a fugitive. Vowing revenge, Ryu traveled the world as a vagabond and learned many skills to help him combat Towi's fascist rule. Now a man, he returns to his homeland of Japan, intending to free it from Towi's grasp while taking Towi's head for himself....

*Desires: Dethrone President Shijo Towi

Secrets: None

Quirks: Chain smoking, strokes his beard a lot, picks up languages quickly

---

Known Languages: Arabic, English, French, German, Japanese, Thai

Lures: Anything about Towi, strong fighters, learning new languages

Savvies: Picks up languages quickly, martial arts, swordsmanship

Ineptitudes: Small talk, fashion, any form of gambling

*Hobbies: Playing the flute

---

Morality: Morality is structured around taking down Towi; anything goes when it comes to achieving that objective

Perception: Realism; he knows his one-man war is against immeasurable odds, but is honor-bound to see it through

---

*Religion: Atheism

*Superstitions: Does not believe in the Nova Guardians

---

ZunPai: When he receives his Nova Guardian powers, he gains a katana capable of cutting through almost anything and capable of generating ranged attacks in the form of cutting wind

---

*Family Members: Rukushima Rokugen (father), deceased

Close Friends (NPC):
None

*Grade (They all go to the same school):
Out of high school

Part Time Job:
Vagabond, janitor

Status
Not open for further replies.