Reasons Why

Monica nearly wanted to laugh at how awkward Chris was being. She shifted in his arms, helping him as much as she could while he moved her from her wheelchair to the passengers seat. She buckled herself up, ready and waiting to go. It seemed that everything would go smoothly. At least, she hoped.

Christopher collapsed the wheelchair and placed it into the back seat, which was rather small. It was meant for criminals, afterall, but it had enough room to keep the wheelchair in there. He closed the door hard, going around to the driver's seat of the car, turning the keys in the ignition and starting the car. He reversed out of his driveway and drove towards town, specifically the nearest grocery store,

After arriving at the grocery, Monica dreaded seeing just who was inside. Of course the nearest one to his house happened to be her workplace. It couldn't have been any other! She helped as much as she could while Christopher placed her back in her wheelchair. Keeping her head down, she rolled toward the store, hoping to avoid any prying eyes or such things. However, she wasn't that lucky. It was a slow day at the store, and when one of her coworkers spotted her, the young girl immediately abandoned her post to check up on the wheelchair bound woman.

"Oh Monica! I was so worried! I found your note, and I sent someone to your apartment, but they said you weren't there! I was about to call the police, but here you show up!" The young sixteen year-old babbled as she fluttered around the woman. "You didn't actually mean anything said on the note, did you? I didn't show the boss, thought it was just some mean joke that you were playing." Leaning down, the blonde girl hugged the older. "I'm so sorry!"

Monica was more than a bit surprised by the girl's reaction. They had talked occasionally and even joked around some, but Monica didn't think that the young girl would be this distressed by a simple note she left. Awkwardly she patted the back of the young girl, hoping to calm her down somewhat.

Christopher followed Monica into the store, branching off to go get items that they needed while the two girls had somewhat of a small reunion. He flashed the two a quick smile and motioned to Monica, silently saying that he was going to go ahead and start his shopping. He looked down at his very sloppily organized list. It had him running from aisle to aisle in search of the items. For someone who was mostly organized, he seemed to be very disorganized in this regard.

Following his trip around the grocery store, he examined the contents of the cart and let out a small sigh. He shook his head and went to go search for Monica, seeing if there would be anything else that she thought they'd need. He wasn't going to make a huge deal about getting everything in one trip, because he was notorious for forgetting something. But he could just as easily come by and do his shopping after his next shift, it wouldn't be too huge of a deal.