Reasons Why No One Likes Roleplaying With You

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally find the first post of this thread a little mean and really biased and don't even get me going about the title. ):<
I had a big ol snarky response to the post too. Instead I'm just going to say this:

People roleplay differently. What's fun to some is not fun to others and vice versa.
Does that make you not want to roleplay with someone who doesn't agree with your idea of fun? Yes.
Does that mean "no one" wants to roleplay with them? Hell no.

But judging by your list, no one wants to roleplay with me. *sad face*

Instead of focusing on character types you personally don't like, why not talk about the real problems people need to fix when they're not getting partners or keeping them for long?

Things like: being abusive towards your partner, constantly nagging for posts, my way or the highway, not communicating enough, etc.

PS, Diana's characters are arguably Mary Sues and they are awesome and fun. >:P

This is a very good point. And while I do agree on some level with the four points listed, I had not stopped to consider the title as anything other than hyperbole. You are quite right, however, that it is not at all a nice way to put things. The list itself, I found useful for my consideration, but not well worded or actually all that helpful.

Ohhh.. So this is why the RPs I join died easily o - o
Anyhow, thank you for posting this, I will keep this in mind.

In my opinion, having characters in a role play that are loners can be both bad and good, depending on how they are played. Having an experienced character with a bunch of inexperienced characters might be that person's attempt to try and teach your character. But there is almost no point in having a largely experienced character base, unless you want the scenario to be very difficult and complex. Having a know-it-all is a horrible thing, since I am a firm believer in "knowledge is power" and since they extort their knowledge on everything, there is virtually nothing that can be done against them. However, being the inventive person that I am, you could always make a trap that synchronizes with their life force, and since people that know more and more and more tend to be put to leadership in scenarios, this tends to get them killed or worse depending on the severity of the offense.

Personally, I do not condone "immortal" characters. If I am role playing, that means there is a very good chance my character will die at some point in the scenario or after it. Immortality makes you dull your senses to survival, "Why should I bother? I cannot die anyway." is an attitude I cannot stand. I spend great lengths to avoid immortal themes and will actually leave a good role play due to immortality, since it is, in my opinion, an excuse as to never die. On the other hand, if you are immortal and I feel particularly psychotic, that gives me the more reason to target you and continually dismember you since you cannot die, even though you cannot feel your toes. Also, I'm sure being dismembered repeatedly would hurt a lot to the character, just because you cannot die, doesn't mean you cannot feel pain.

Brand new member here~ Hello owo

Personally one thing that absolutely KILL ME in a rp is when a character who is generally weak can face against a suppose to be stronger character.
Let me explain this better through an example.
I know that God modding isn't fun for people but there is a difference between a over powered character and a character who is just naturally stronger than some other
Ex)
I had this rp where there were character who were suppose to be WAY stronger than others. There were a limited number because these people were 'special'. I had two characters and one, Jace, was apart of the stronger ones. Now this person I was rping with had her character a weaker, newer character. Her character met Jace, pissed him off, and they got into A little fight. What bugged the hell out of me was that Jace used his ability on her and her character withstood that! Was all beaten at first but the next second she is back to a more normal state. Or she began to face Jace and....ejdbjdjdjd
Long story short, My character has had his power for 10 years, he character only had hers for 1 year. See the problem?

I'm not trying to God mode but I'm simple stating NOT ALL CHARACTERS WILL BE EQUALLY STRONG. THERE WILL BE THOSE WEAKER/STRONGEST THAN OTHERS. And If you start off your character as weak, yeah they can become stronger but it sure as hell better not be instant. Maybe her power in due time would become more powerful than his, perhaps because she's a quick learner or naturally her power weakens his (let's just say his is fire and hers is water). But it shouldn't be by much and she certainly shouldn't be withstanding such mental damage in their second meeting.
Another topic coming off this one is characters seriously injuring another without permission. Yeah. No one is invisible, everyone should get some form of injury but hell. If you are a brand new ...let's say magician. There is no way that you can give a expert magician a near death wound. Unless the person rping the expert says so. That just makes me mad when anither character just out of the blue stabs mine in the stomach when my character should obviously be able to dodge with ease.

As for 'immortal' characters. I do agree that character SHOULD DIE. Depending on the rp. Straight up romance? Probaly no one will die. A war rp? Yeah. People should die. You can't be mad if someone dies in a rp where people should be dying
another Example- MY character was in a relationship with another person's character. They both were in a rp where there should have been deaths. I killed off my character, telling the person whos character shared a relationship with mine. They were pretty pissed at me and I understand why but NO ONE WAS DYING. My characters death brought this rp, that was growing boring to me, to a high point for a bit with characters dealing with his death and so on.
However not all characters should die. I have my own personal favorites (Jace) that I see living till their 80's. That's just that. I will kill of characters but I'm not going to kill all, if all characters were to die rapidly (unless hunger games XD) then how the hell are there old people? If that makes sense lol

Lastly for my little rant, the whole grammar stuff.
Everyone does have their own writing style.
HOW EVER
IF
you join a rp that obviously is more advanced, let's say every post is about 8 sentences long, you should respect the others who are rping and try to write that much. Seriously. That or not join at all. If you only write 4 lines, don't join those who wrote above 8. If you are plain and not detailed, don't join something that has more detailed post. It just irks other rpers and causes them to ignore you. Pretty much, join what you think you can cope with.
And honestly, don't get angry if the creator of the rp tells you your character can't have something. That's simple.

Oh. Also if you plan to leave a rp.....tell people rather than straight up abandoning. Have your character move somewhere or simple be killed

The reason why I list these is because I AM GUILTY OF THEM ALL
I admit. From when I first started rping
I've done these and got a lot of people angry. I've learned from all and am still learning....so...YAY FIRST POST EVER ON THIS SITE XD

...Oh XD
AND do the love of God don't be a straight up Grammar Nazi. Yes . If peple tlk lke ths or "i am saya. whats your name." , please grammar Nazi all you want BUT IF YOU CALL OUT FOR ONE MISTAKE. ONE MISPLACED COMMA AND ACT LIKE IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD. PEOPLE WILL BE MAD. PEOPLE WILL HATE YOU. I WILL MENTALLY BE SACRIFICING YOU TO SATAN

Anywho~
Nice to meet you all and hope we can be friends :D ♡

Um, not to be redundant or rude, but may I point out that "Aren't introductions supposed to go in their own little corner on the website?", anyhow, I do agree with you about the death parts, but to each their own and some people just like doing things differently. Nice examples, though the whole satanic rant at the end might be a bit much for some people.

....right....oops XD No worries X3 I don't take offense

Lol, sorry about the satanic part XD I got a little carried away XD I've dealt with it too much...especially with friends so @w@ SORRY PEOPLE XD

And I completly agree, everyone does have their own way. I was just pointing out my own opinion while trying to see other people's side. Then again we also all have our own opinions too on things. I'm certain people do agree with me or completly disagree

And again...sorry about the satan part LOL Again. Got carried away XD

I would remove that...but...I don't see an edit part owo;

Thank you for doing so X3

Thing I like in rps and chats and such- People pointing reasonable stuff out like you did. *thumbs up*

Reactions: Krnon
Something I have come across with the majority of Roleplayers (esp. the younger kind) is that they are so obsessed with escaping reality that they forget the real world is the only one with life in it. A great number wants a means to escape so bad, that they take joy and pride in discarding anything »too real«, like for example a young apprentice after less than a week of training not being able to be fully in control of their magical power, using it on older and more experienced people without them having a chance of deflecting it, because it all happens all too quick.
Just because it is not real, does not mean it should not be realistic. (Also Animes are to blame... or they way some people dream their life as an Anime-character rather than a real person, at least among the crown I had to deal with.
I would also like to claim that many of them are people who do not believe in really living their own real life to the fullest, a considerable number ignorant of not only the world but also their immediate surroundings. Nothing cruel, creepy, ingenious, joyful, tragic, etc from a book, movie or an RP has ever topped what has happened to real people in intensity. When we see that, we should find it less difficult to let our characters be more real.

Status
Not open for further replies.