Status
Not open for further replies.
"I, um," Jaune began to say, half-way reaching out to touch Pyrrha on the shoulder. He stopped himself, however, still uncertain about touching her when she had been so reluctant for him to be close to her before. If he couldn't comfort her with touch, maybe there was a way for his words to reach her instead? "Friends, okay, that sounds believable," he began, flashing her a small smile. "You know what? I'm glad we're friends. It makes this whole no memory thing a lot easier to deal with," he said, making air quotes when he would speak the words: no memory. "At least, now I know that I had someone out there who cared about me."

QBWhIiC.png

"Oh, and it doesn't take a memory for me to know that I don't really like to see my friends crying. So, try to cheer up for me, okay? Everything will be alright. Like I said, I'll win the game, get my memories back, and then we can hang out. Just like we probably did before all of this happened."

Pausing for a moment, Jaune felt uncertain if his words had any effect on her. He had repeated a bit of what he said before, after all. Girls liked funny guys, right? Maybe he could try to make her laugh?

"Don't cry anymore. Hey, look at this! Bleeehhhhh!"

Jaune pushed his nose up to make it look like a pig's nose and then crossed his eyes.

"Bleeehhhhh-- Okay, maybe that was a bit too corny," he said, shrugging his shoulders and smiling awkwardly.

@Midnight Maiden

Saying nothing to Teresa at first, Joshua would look past Teresa and the Lord of Spirits, attempting to spot Sanae somewhere through the crowd. When he would finally spot the Producer, the angel raised an eyebrow.

otJCC1N.png

What is he doing?

Sanae appeared to be walking around glancing under tables. It was as if he were looking for something.

Joshua coughed into his hand and gestured to Sanae after looking at Teresa. "Could you perhaps go grab the Producer for us, Teresa? He seems rather... distracted with something. I'll stay with our guests until then."

@Midnight Maiden @Atomyk

• Love
Reactions: Midnight Maiden

Well. That was both comforting and... simultaneously heartbreaking. Had he truly felt that way? That he had had no friends, no one that cared about him? Of course, Pyrrha had felt similarly when her memories had been taken from her as her fee, not knowing just what she had been fighting for... But she wasn't thinking of that now. All she was thinking about was him. The blonde, bumbling goofball right before her that was breaking her heart without even realizing it. She tried to form a reply to his words, but nothing came, her mouth opening and closing helplessly like a fish out of water until she just did the only thing she could- pulled him into an embrace once more, holding on as though if she let go, she would lose him for real this time around. But no matter how she wished she could just hold onto him forever, and never let go? She had to draw back eventually, and she did so when he spoke of not liking when his friends cried.

"R-right... I'm sorry," Pyrrha choked out through her tears, doing her best to smile through them as she wiped at her eyes with her hands, trying to scrub the unwitting tears away. "I believe you, Jaune. I..." There was a pause, as she recalled all of the times he had expressed his painful lack of people believing in him throughout his life. How she had been the only one ever truly there for him. And that...--

1_by_teh_zombish-db1zug2.png

"...I've always believed in you."

Feeling slightly better with that truth off her chest, assured it would now be fresh in his memory, Pyrrha could only do her best not to break back into tears amidst her laughter that Jaune's little display generated. Yes, it made her laugh, but it also reminded her just how much she missed him. Her goofy, socially inept, awkward, sweet...--

"It's... It's alright," she managed through stifled giggles as Jaune admitted to his display being corny, the female once more wiping at her eyes. "It's perfectly alright." But it was more than alright. She was glad to see him, awkward, goofy antics and all, again. So, so glad. But also so heartbroken by the circumstances it was under.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

compassionate_by_teh_zombish-d9dtnar.jpg

"Yeah, right away, your royal highness--" Teresa remarked before she could stop herself, the sarcastic quip rolling off her tongue as casually as ever. She hadn't meant to make a teasing remark, but gosh, it was hard not to with him. So, incredibly hard. It just came so naturally and-- "..I'll leave you to it, then. I'll be back in a few moments," she corrected herself, giving a curt nod before hurrying along, getting away from the Lord of Spirits and Joshua as fast as she could without looking as though she were rushing. Gosh, why was it so hard not to tease that jerk? Perhaps her mild annoyance with him at the moment added to it, but she could not say.

Nonetheless, she cleared her throat as she came up behind Sanae, briefly crossing her arms as she spoke. "..So. Did you drop your pockets, or are you looking for your sanity?" she inquired, thankful she was in the clear to make such informal comments for the moment. Sitting still and looking pretty wasn't her style.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Nathan had fallen into the seat as if he was about to sink into the ground below. There was a haunted look in his eyes as the boy recounted all the atrocities he'd experienced days before his death. He wasn't looking directly in Prim's direction at first, but her gentle smile brought his face toward hers, even if he didn't look any better.

wAisLn3.jpg

"A goat?" he said, sounding lost. He squinted slightly, trying to gather what Prim was saying. His mind focused on a farm and all the animals that typically inhabited a farm. It was an image that brought him out of dark thoughts briefly, and he was better able to listen to what Prim was saying.

"I wanted a dog when I was a kid... but my dad said no. Every time. It was the same thing with my sister..." He looked away sharply, feeling that sharp familiar emotional pain. "Good for you that you remember that, at least."

@Midnight Maiden

"Is something wrong?"

Origin spoke for the first time, surprising Milla enough for her to look back at him. She stared for a moment before crossing her arms and turning back to Joshua. "Yes, would you like some time alone? There's no need to conduct our business right now."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

• Love
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
Nathan had fallen into the seat as if he was about to sink into the ground below. There was a haunted look in his eyes as the boy recounted all the atrocities he'd experienced days before his death. He wasn't looking directly in Prim's direction at first, but her gentle smile brought his face toward hers, even if he didn't look any better.

wAisLn3.jpg

"A goat?" he said, sounding lost. He squinted slightly, trying to gather what Prim was saying. His mind focused on a farm and all the animals that typically inhabited a farm. It was an image that brought him out of dark thoughts briefly, and he was better able to listen to what Prim was saying.

"I wanted a dog when I was a kid... but my dad said no. Every time. It was the same thing with my sister..." He looked away sharply, feeling that sharp familiar emotional pain. "Good for you that you remember that, at least."

@Midnight Maiden

tumblr_inline_nvrb4lIbfw1ryxz47_100.png

"Yeah," Prim replied affirmatively, giving a small nod alongside a somewhat sheepish smile. "Both she and Buttercup were sweet. I... I think someone gave them to me." There was a pause, her eyebrows briefly creasing as she attempted to recall the details. She hadn't been able to afford anything of her own, and she certainly hadn't stolen the creature. No, someone had given it to her. Not her mother, and she didn't exactly have many, if any, friends. So who? The more she thought about it, the further away it all seemed to get, a dull ache filling her head where that info should have been.

"I... I-I can't remember. I'm sorry."

A simple phrase, filled with much more complex emotion. Why was it that something that seemed so simple evaded her so thoroughly? It left her terrified and somewhat saddened; perhaps even disappointed in herself, though she would never express these feelings outright. Not right now, when this boy needed someone as much as she did. So doing her best to compose herself and regain a level head, she offered a brief look of sympathy. "I'm sorry to hear that." There was a pause before she offered further commentary, the faintest trace of a smile coming to her face as she briefly glanced away. "Who knows? Maybe they have dogs here, too."

Gosh, that sounded stupid. Mentally, she slapped herself. What was she even supposed to do in this situation? She felt so lost and, on top of that, as though she had a void within her. Pieces of her that were missing, making her feel empty and scared. What was wrong with her, unable to even remember these tiny, simple things?

Briefly looking down at her lap, where she idly twiddled her hands, she attempted to think of a question. Something that, she hoped deeply, wouldn't trigger anything bad. She didn't want to think about negatives right now. Anything to get her mind off of her lapse in memory. "Is there anything you like to do?"

@Atomyk

"Starting to think she ain't the only blind one here," had been Larkin's initial muttered response, hands casually and calmly shoved in his pockets. It was possible he had intended to say more, but with Arya stepping in and declining to let anyone speak on behalf of her, he merely shrugged and watched the whole thing unfold...

...And okay, so it was actually extremely amusing, the situation as a whole. This guy clearly had his mind set on Arya being the one that had stolen his wallet, despite them being with her the entire time, and the way Saya was getting all worked up about it, the pretty little thing even drawing out her pin as though to attack him? Kinda hot. Granted, so was Arya's blatant challenging of Higa and smartassing the man with the blind comments. Which, kinda obvious. But hey. Took gall to stand up to someone a hell of a lot bigger than you, and he approved of gall. Very much.

...What? He was a creep playa.

In any case, it was admittedly unexpected, the wallet that fell from Arya. ...really, where the hell had it come from, she was wearing a dress which meant nowhere to store it-- She had been with them the whole time, after all, and even the most skilled of thieves couldn't be in two places at once. At least, not with the limited abilities allowed by the pins, none of which(unfortunately) involving illusions. But that was besides the point.

rsz_newphotoshootcsprouse4_by_teh_zombish-dafa0gh.jpg

"..."

He didn't actually say anything, at first, just shrugged. "Well, you got your wallet back and you shook sweetheart over here down. Pretty sure that's enough to pride yourself on for today, yeah, big guy?" Larkin mused with a faint smirk, idly leaning against the wall. "Run along if you want. Or if not." Because he still didn't want him around, regardless. Still, he supposed it was unsurprising that Saya seemed upset by the whole thing, and knew there was potential for the Lucy chick to be, too. But he, himself? Well, he could care less. He'd seen- and done -much worse than petty thieving. It was hardly a big deal.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Krieg @Atomyk

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
To say Juzo Sakakura was unhappy with the turn of events would be an understatement. In fact, to say it was an understatement was an understatement. Okay, yeah, sure, he wasn't exactly Mr. Nice Guy in life, but he was dead! Couldn't he catch a goddamn break? Obviously not, because here he was, at some stupid party with no one he knew (and no one he'd ever really want to know), about to play some dumbass game.

And it wasn't like he had a choice, either. It all just...happened. He remembered his death. He remembered how the pain had become an afterthought, as all he could think about was saying the one person who meant more to him than anything else, even if Kyosuke had betrayed him in the end. And his last thought? Finally...I did something right.

A big heaping pile of bullshit that was, let me tell you. Apparently, Kyosuke was still in danger. People in this game could apparently have their entry fee be memories, but of course that wasn't the case for Juzo-nope, his entry fee was the very man Juzo had worked so hard to keep alive. Well, now Kyosuke's life was in danger and it was all his fault. Again. God, he couldn't even DIE without it fucking up somehow!

So, as the party went on around him, Juzo was content to stay off to himself. Anyone who got to close would be on the receiving end of a very intimidating glare.

maxresdefault.jpg
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Midnight Maiden @Atomyk @Krieg

d18LATz.png

"What are you, Arya?"

Even in darkness, the silhouettes shifted into an invisible light. Faces of loved ones and foes alike crawled before her, but bit by bit, she forget the details more and more. She could not remember if that fiend Cole had a scar down his cheek, or if Cosmo's fur was gold or a bright chestnut, or where the strands of Ellie's hair drooped over her forehead. Soon, the faces faded away from Arya, left only with this questioning omnipresent voice. With little response, the She-Wolf stayed quiet, the masculine, aged voice sounding eerily akin to her Father driving further.

"A soldier, a wolf, a shieldmaiden of mercy, a petite thief or nobody in particular? All these faces you wear, yet, you can't even remember my face..."

Raising her hands, Arya took a deep breath through her nose, hearing the voice of Father speaking once more.

"You'll always be a Stark, remember that Arya, no matter what. You have the Blood of the First Men, for now and always..."

---

"If I stole your wallet," Arya started abruptly, the blind, crippled Reaper arching her head up. Silence had reigned underneath her for what seemed like ages, but the time to speak and act had come. "Where would I go about hiding it in this dress?" she said, giving a light tilt of her head. "A'ye, one of the reasons I hated wearing dresses. What pockets do you have in 'em? And trust me, I'm not as disgusting as you to stick somethin' in my arse." Arya bit, standing up fully and dusting herself off, adjusting the collar of her formal attire.

"Know this, I am Arya Stark of Winterfell, do you understand me?" the five foot teenager spoke, her head tilted up to her assailent. Ignoring Saya for the moment, the enraged outcast continued, stepping firmly down and placing a hand on the hilt of Needle. "I fought in more wars than you, ye prissy boy. I killed more men than you can count and I've knelt before Death. I told ye once I didn't have it, and by the Gods I swear if ye touch me again." Arya spoke in a sinister undertone, the sharp twang of steel echoing.

Needle, the slender little rapier, pointed up and out towards Higa.

"I'll nick yer wrists so you'll never grab anything again, I don't bloody care if ye now a kinfolk to me or not."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Atomyk @Yun Lee @Midnight Maiden

Last edited:
Royal highness? Really? Teresa is lucky I'm in the presence of very important company. If I wasn't, I'd most certainly have something to say back to that.

Joshua simply smiled when Origin would speak and Milla would suggest they conduct their business later on, seeming calm. "If that's what you want, I'm fine with that. Tomorrow will be a bit busy since our newest Reapers' Game will be starting, but I'd be happy to make time to conduct our business then. I apologize for things being so hectic tonight. My associate appears to be busy, but if Teresa finds him I'm he'll be able to spare a moment to come over--"

Joshua cut himself off for a split second, looking off into the distance to notice the little discussion Arya's group was having with Higa. He could feel beads of sweat form on the back of his neck afterwards.

55e6fCh.jpg

What. are. those. idiots. doing!? I told them to behave!

This didn't look good, did it? Goodness, he hoped that his guests wouldn't notice this situation...

"Anyhow, do you intend to stick around for the start of the game? I assure you, we have some interesting candidates for possible winners and even potential reapers among the players this time around. And without any traitors like our last Conductor, this game should run far more smoothly than the last."

At least, Joshua hoped his next game would run more smoothly. If for some reason it didn't, well, his leadership was going to look very bad in the eyes of the higher ups.

@Atomyk

When Teresa would approach and speak to him, Sanae would abruptly lift up, bumping his head on the table he was looking under. He groaned and slowly move to stand up straight afterwards, rubbing the top of his head.

dz1OJfb.png

"Jeez, kiddo, you're gonna give me a heart attack," he replied, shaking his head afterwards. "I'm looking for one of the players. Remember that kiddo from earlier? The trouble maker? Can't find her anywhere. Also, I can't find my wallet. You get what I'm saying?" he asked, frowning.

"Anyhow, if you're not doing anything, can you help me find her? The last thing we need right now is a new player causing trouble for this new game. Josh is stressed out enough already as it is," the man said with a sigh, adjusting his sunglasses. "I guess stealing wallets ain't as bad as John White situation, but still we should be careful." The man furrowed his brows. "Why would she even want to steal wallets? Players get plenty of money just from defeating noise. Jeez..."

@Midnight Maiden

Any sort of hold Higa had on Arya was released when the short girl would point her weapon at him. He didn't appear afraid, but more so surprised that the girl would stand up to him. He was the biggest reaper around, after all. He made just about everyone around him look like a midget.

"You're bolder than you look, kid," he said, crossing his arms. "Good thing you don't care if we're "kinfolk" or not, because we most certainly are not. Even if you didn't take my wallet, which it seems more than convincing to me that you did, it wouldn't make me any less suspicious of you."

6pC7lgm.png

Saya let out a huff, trying to get a word in. "Hey, that's not very--"

"Archdemon spawn," Higashizawa spat out at Arya, shaking his head. "Our master expects us to accept you, but you don't even look like us. You're blind and have two very different looking wings. You're a problem just waiting to happen, if you ask me."

"Nobody did ask you," Saya mumbled, more to herself this time. She would fold her arms close to herself and pout, shaking her head in frustration.

"But I'm no fool. I won't start a fight with you. The guy over here is right. I have my wallet back now, so I suppose there is not reason for me to deal with you any longer. Just leave me alone," he said, turning to walk away.

@Krieg @Midnight Maiden @Atomyk

Meanwhile, the real thief of Higa's wallet sat on a table near the banquet tables, playfully kicking her feet back and forth. "Did you see them, Coco? They nearly started fighting. My plan worked perfectly!" Ash exclaimed, chuckling to herself.

"Bit of a lucky coincidence that I look like that Stark girl, eh? I was able to easily take his wallet earlier and plant it in the folds of Arya's dress while those fools were trying on clothes earlier. And, because I look like her, he thinks she was the one who took it. A grand scheme, eh? That was fun," she said with another giggle afterwards.

IekIyrM.png

Coco shrugged her shoulders. "If you get caught, you'll be in big trouble. I hope you didn't take anymore wallets..."

Ash smiled, pulling Sanae's wallet from her pocket. "Well, I do have one more, but maybe I'll return it. It may be a bit difficult to plant another wallet on Arya now that she's aware someone may be causing trouble for her. I suppose I've had my fun for one day."

17_by_teh_zombish-d9dkqc5.png

"Heh, sorry," Teresa muttered in response, giving a mildly sheepish smile to the man. On some level, she did feel bad for startling him- especially since it led to him hitting his head. But she couldn't change it and even if she could? It wasn't like he was human. Whatever pain it might have caused, it wasn't going to be damaging.

Thank goodness.

Moving on, Teresa did quickly lose her smile upon hearing out Sanae's words, a small frown coming to her face. 'Remember that kid?' How could she forget? She'd borne witness to the return and attack of a man who was dead- truly dead -because of her, and had inevitably caused trouble, herself, because of it. Actually... Now that she thought about it, she supposed it was possible that could have contributed to Josh acting the way he did with her earlier. But honestly, she didn't care to reflect on it right now. Her mood was still heavily dampered, and--

...Heyyyy.

"Yeah, I'm not doing anything- I don't mind helpin' find her,"
she assured, steadily. This would be the perfect distraction to take her mind off of her troubles! How could she pass it up, especially when she had nothing else to keep her mind occupied right now? Yeah. That would be good. Though, Sanae had a point- it seemed pointless to steal wallets. "Maybe the kid wasn't bright enough to pick that up. Or, I don't know; has some crazy plot involving stealing people's wallets."

If only she knew.

Pausing to shake her head after the joking remark, Teresa eventually piped up again. "...Anyways, you might wanna poke by Josh quick. Think he might've wanted to introduce you an the blonde."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

---

rsz_cas_larkin_by_teh_zombish_dat8925_by_teh_zombish-datfsvs.png

"Leave you alone, huh? ...Funny, thought you were the one that moseyed on over with your accusations in the first place,"
Larkin uttered with obvious amusement, one eyebrow raised and a smirk that was most certainly not atypical of the former illusionist on his face. He admired the way Arya stood up for herself- or, more accurately, condoned it -and was mildly impressed by it. But it was also kind of funny seeing the big man giving her shit, thinking so little of her. He always found it funny when people thought they were above others, regardless of who had done what. And, well, picking on some seeming kid didn't really put you above anyone.

Regardless, as Higa finally took his leave, Larkin glanced to Arya, Saya and- if she was still there -Lucy. "Hope you ladies aren't too shaken. Wouldn't want the 'big man' over there ruining the party for you," he mused, briefly brushing his nose with his thumb. He didn't really seem to address the wallet matter. At all.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Atomyk @Krieg

Chapter 3

Heeding Teresa's suggestion, Sanae gave up on his quest to search for the troublesome girl--at least for the moment--and returned to Joshua. And so, the party continued on until late into the night. Although a few minor issues had occurred, the rest of the party seemed to go off without a hitch. At a certain point, however, the event came to an end and the guests left. They would need their rest, after all. Tomorrow would most certainly be a busy day.

Early the next day, at the Shibuya River, the realm's very own Composer was up and about, waiting in the Room of Reckoning (throne room) to begin a very important meeting he had called the Producer, Conductor, Game Master, and other reapers into. It was a new tradition he had decided to start, a tradition he hoped would help to keep order and communication between those who held power over the ordinary reapers and players of the game. In the past, he had always worked from the shadows. He only spoke with the Producer and the Conductor, relaying his messages through them to the other reapers while he kept his identity a secret. But no more. Everyone knew well enough who he was by this point, and he decided to keep it that way.

Slouching down in his throne with one leg crossed over the other sat Joshua, adorned in clean, black suit with a silver tie. Atop his head was a top hat, and in his hand was a black cane. He impatiently twirled the cane in one hand, yawning as he did. He perked up slightly, however, when he would hear the sound of the door opening and see the first person he had invited arriving for their meeting.

BhqkedJ.jpg

"Good morning, Sanae, you're early," he greeted."Ever find your wallet last night?"

"You're earlier," he replied back, casually walking toward his friend. "I did find it. It was actually right in my pocket. I think whoever took it actually returned it. Well, not whoever. I know who took it. I just decided to let it go for now." The man paused before changing the subject. "What's with the getup?" he questioned, adjusting his usual sunglasses. As always, the presence of a dark room didn't deter the man from wearing such eyewear indoors.

"This? Oh, I thought I'd dress for the occasion," Josh replied, standing up with his cane.

The Producer raised an eyebrow, moving to stand next to the other male. "Something's up. What's going on? You're up early, dressed fancy when you don't have to be, and hanging onto a cane now. Is there something--"

"Nothing's the matter," Joshua said with a smirk, surprising Sanae when he would lift up his cane and poke the man against his chest with it. "Is it a crime for me to be up a little early and even try a new look on the day our new Reapers' Game is to begin? I think not."

"Right," the Producer replied, rubbing the back of his neck. "Anyhow, who all should be coming to this meeting? I know Teresa and some of your top reapers are a given, but you haven't exactly told anyone who the game master for this week is going to be."

"Want a sneak peak?" Joshua's smirk widened in amusement. "You're gonna love this."

"Usually when you say that, I don't love it. Who'd ya pick, boss?"

"Hm, I'm going with Pyrrha Nikos for our Game Master. She's sharp-witted, strong, and proactive. She'll be the perfect person."

Mr. H gave his boss a deadpan expression, shaking his head afterwards. "You're pretty manipulative, you know that? It's a wonder you have any respect at all from some people. Don't even think for a second that I'm blind as to why you chose her. She knows one of the players. He was her--"

"Hee hee, oh lighten up, Sanae. It's not like I'm trying to hide the fact that she cares about one of the players. I'm just using that fact to not only have a bit of fun watching both Pyrrha and her friend squirm, but to also test her loyalty to me. Is that so wrong?"

un4riX4.png

"Do I have to answer that question?"

"No, but you do have to live with my decision. All of you do. Is that clear?"

"Crystal," Sanae grumbled, letting out a sigh. "Anyhow, I think the others are coming in now. Should I let them in?"

"Go right ahead," he told the man.

After a time, the Room of Reckoning would fill to the brim with a good majority of the reapers who worked in Shibuya. Joshua informed them that Pyrrha Nikos would be the game master who would work with him to come up with missions and events for the players to participle in throughout the week. The rest of the reapers were assigned to watching over the players and even creating obstacles for them to face. They were each given a pin they could use to summon noise, aka creatures of Shibuya that the players would have to fight.

Once the meeting was over, Joshua asked for Teresa, Pyrrha, Lucy, Larkin, and Saya to stay behind while everyone else would be dismissed.

kxNszuG.png

"So, all of you are aware that the game is going to start very soon. At 8 a.m. to be exact. Teresa and Pyrrha, the two of you will stay here and we'll discuss plans for tomorrows events of the game," Joshua stated, waggling his cane in Teresa's face, even going so far as to poke the end of her nose with it. He always gave no shits when it came to picking on her; today was no exception.

"Today's events are already planned. Normally, the Game Master chooses events for even the first day, but they're usually simple, so I've taken the liberty of planning and sending them out to the players cell phones already. Larkin and Saya, your job will be the same thing it has been lately. Keep an eye on Arya Stark. I'm still a bit worried about her. I'm worried about not only what she might be capable of, but also what the other reapers might try and do to her. They still aren't exactly fond of her."

The Composer cleared his throat before adding, "Lastly, Lucy, I have a special job for you," he said in a more stern tone, not even bothering to look the woman in her eyes. "You're going to watch over Coco. Before the Murder Games incidents even started, she's been partaking in illegal activities to support the game players. I want you to watch her and immediately report back to me if you catch her doing anything of the sort. Is that clear?"

Pausing, the male would add, "So you all have your assignments. Let the games begin."

At exactly 8 a.m. the players of the game would all find themselves waking up at Shibuya's Scramble Crossing. Each and every one of them would find a cell phone on their person that would beep very soon after they had regained their senses. When they would open their phones the players would be greeted by their very first message.

Partner up and defeat the noise at the 104 Building. You have 60 minutes. Fail and face erasure.

--The Reapers

iawwhandtimer.jpg

After reading the messages, each player would feel a sharp pain etched into the palm of his or her hand. When they looked at their hand, they would see a glowing red timer, ticking down from sixty minutes. The game had begun.

latest

Jaune wiggled his eyebrows, placing a hand on his hip as he looked around at the players.

3v62LR7.jpg

[color=#[/COLOR]EFC769]"So which one of you lucky ladies wants to team up with... this guy!?" he exclaimed, gesturing to himself.

tumblr_inline_ndso5lBDhw1s9q6f4.png

Graham stood up, dusting himself off as he let out a sigh. "You do know that you can partner up with anyone, right? Not just a lady..."

"Yeah, and you won't really get a lady with that kind of attitude, now will you?" Ash questioned with a giggle, glancing around at the other possible individuals whom she could partner up with.

Beth, on the other hand, remained quiet, waiting to see who looked like they might be a useful individual to work with.

@Midnight Maiden @Atomyk @Krieg @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies

Last edited by a moderator:
Now we were talking! Finally, Juzo could get to what he did best and get this stupid death thing over with. Sure, this whole pin system was weird, but he had plenty for fighting, and that seemed to be what mattered here, so-

Wait. No, that can't be right. Did...did they seriously want him to partner up with someone here? Great. Just great. He had to rely on someone else in order to get out of here. Yep...he was doomed.

Juzo looked over the group, still not seeing anyone worth his time. But, hey, beggars can't be choosers.

tumblr_ocullzJehs1uq2lduo1_500.gif

"If any of you think you won't slow me down, speak up." No point in beating around the bush. They were wasting daylight here.
@Gummi Bunnies @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Midnight Maiden @Atomyk @Krieg

tumblr_oubu5kCPJt1v3qowuo5_100.png

Guessing that we got no time for chitchat, huh? ❞

Roughly 60 minutes to spare, Nishiki was aware that they didn't have much time to figure out ideal matches. Literally, it was do or die time. Well, there wasn't to be done with those that kept quiet, and he didn't like the idea of going with someone that appeared to be full of themselves. At least there was somewhat of a middle-ground he could settle with.

❝ Alright, I'll take you up on that offer. Unless somebody's here with any objections? Going once... going twice... ? ❞

The yakuza figured Juzo was the best possible partner for now. Besides, no one else bothered to say anything else yet that wasn't important talk.

@Yun Lee @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Midnight Maiden @Atomyk @Krieg

"Sold, to the guy in the white suit. Let's get out of here." Whoever this guy was who spoke up, Juzo could work with him. Not bothering to stand around to wait for someone, or much for making friends-this was a means to an end, the end being escaping from this shitshow asap.

As he started for this building 104, Juzo asked his new partner, "You got a name? Something that hopefully rolls off the tongue better than 'guy in the white suit'. I'm Juzo."
@Gummi Bunnies @Midnight Maiden @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Atomyk @Krieg

Well, that was easy. For the time's being, Nishiki can get used to this. It wasn't really the first time he's worked with anybody before. In the underground world of crime back in Kamurocho, allies were highly valuable to make it through the ranks, and they had to be people you could depend on and trust. The situation was more risk than earlier events, but he hoped that someone in this game wouldn't go as far as to pull his leg and screw him and his partner over.

❝ Right right, gotta get this out the way. Name's Akira Nishikiyama. ❞

Actually he needed a sec to think about this. Being called "Akira" felt too normal of a name, and yet for those that refer to people by surnames would have a tongue sore with "Nishikiyama" every time. A part of him wanted to complain to his old man Kazama, but he'll get to that if things go well here all the way through.

tumblr_oubtwozRk61v3qowuo10_100.png

❝ Actually to make it easier on the go, call me Nishiki... yeah, a lot easier. ❞

@Yun Lee @Midnight Maiden @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Atomyk @Krieg

"Nishikiyama...I take it you're Japanese, huh?" Honestly it didn't surprise him. Even wuth the hundreds of people who die on a daily basis, thanks to little miss black-white-and-red-all-over there would be way more people from his home country kicking the bucket. Even as they made their way to their destination, Juzo was curious as to how this guy wound up dead. Did one of those kids from the 77th class get him? Maybe one of those serial killers that just kept popping up nowadays. Hopefully the Sixth Branch was doing all right without him. Oh, who was he kidding? The entire fucking Future Foundation was belly-up now. And because of his entry fee for this thing, he managed to make it that much worse from beyond the grave.

God, he could not wait to beat the shit out of some of these Noise creatures. And with any luck, he and Nishiki could get to it soon; thinking about home managed to piss Juzo off.
@Gummi Bunnies @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Midnight Maiden @Atomyk @Krieg

wip_pose_by_teh_zombish-d9e68n8.png

Teresa, much like Sanae, was rather quick in arriving to the scene of their meeting. For all of her teasing and seeming non-seriousness around Joshua, she took her job very seriously, and tardiness was something she didn't take lightly. Especially considering her job was something that helped to distract her from her rather unsavory thoughts and memories that haunted her quite often. However, this meant nothing in the way of her behavior towards her boss, and when she saw him perched on his little throne, garbed in a top hat, suit, and holding a cane? Well, she stopped dead in her tracks, staring for a long few moments with a grin creeping onto her face before the snicker she was fighting to keep back broke free. "Nice outfit," she remarked, sarcastically.

On the other hand, the arrival of another young woman was slightly more delayed, nerves creeping up on her as she strode towards where she had been requested to meet Joshua in the Room of Reckoning. Despite feeling rather exhausted- emotionally and physically -, due primarily to her discovery of Jaune the night prior, she walked with a head held high and a small smile forced upon her face to assure she kept up appearances. She was slightly nervous, oblivious to just what the reason for being called upon was, but she would oblige no less. And when she slowly eased through the door, shutting it quietly behind her, she could only greet the others present with a gentle smile and a softly uttered greeting.

tumblr_inline_ossqpvvX1r1t6c6km_540.png

"Hello."

After being informed she would be the game master, Pyrrha could only really accept, replying with a polite 'it would be my honor'... Despite hardly feeling that way. Sure, she was touched, that her boss would choose her to trust with the role of the Game Master, but right now? She wasn't exactly feeling it. She was drowning in her own emotions, and the thought of having to keep up such a role around the man she loved that didn't remember her was overwhelmingly painful. Just their fleeting interaction at the dance had been hard enough, but now, to have to be in charge of him, along with all of the others? Just the thought alone was crushing. But she didn't let on. She couldn't. Face was kept, and she accepted her burden with grace.

While Pyrrha said nothing on the matter, one particular Conductor noticed something was off. There was a pain hidden behind the redhead's smile, something she likely noted solely because, well, it was a smile Teresa had worn many times, herself. Once you learned to conceal your own emotions, you caught on pretty well when others did the same. And Pyrrha? She reeked of faked happiness. Still, the ravenette didn't get to comment, quickly distracted by a jab to her nose by Joshua's cane. Which, naturally, led to her becoming rather irritated, glaring harshly as she swatted at the cane, attempting to grab it. "Yeah, yeah- stay here and wait for instructions. Got it," she huffed, annoyance obvious in her voice. "Now keep your accessories to yourself, unless you got a replacement on hand." Yeah. Replacement hand, that is.

Snickering at Teresa's agitation, and the situation as a whole, Larkin only met Joshua's request with a smirk. "So we're on babysittin' duty again, is what you're saying. Good deal," he quipped, dryly, grinning faintly as he rolled his shoulders to stretch. He sure didn't mind, really. It meant no hard work and getting to laze around, which was fine by him, in all honesty. So, turning his back to their boss with hands shoved in his pockets, he prepared to leave, only fleetingly glancing to Saya with a brow quirked in amusement. "You comin'?"

---

tumblr_inline_nz1sojgpzr1t7svq1_100.gif

"Bloody hell,"
one blonde boy cursed under his breath in the midst of the crowd, hissing with pain as the timer formed on his hand. But he was quick to move on, scowling after having read the message and rubbing his marked hand with his good one. He was really not appreciative of this situation as a whole, and looked around with a scowl. Who the hell could expect him to partner up with a bunch of strangers? At least, he was pretty sure they were strangers. He still had a couple of memories that were a little blurry to him, but it mainly seemed to be a couple of faces missing. Not that it mattered here.

Shaking it off with a frustrated air, he glanced to the rest of the lot, noting a pair was already walking off. They had an hour, thereabouts, and time was going fast. "So, which of you lovely folks wants to grace me with your presence?" he inquired sarcastically, putting on a smile. In the meantime, one girl around the same age was beginning to feel somewhat claustrophobic, attempting to weave her way out of the crowd. Hell, maybe she could even run into Nathan again and partner with him. He seemed nice enough... Unfortunately, her attempts didn't go entirely as planned, a glance over her shoulder leading to an unwitting gasp parting her lips after an unintentional collision with someone while she was looking the other way.

tumblr_inline_nvrb4sZCsh1ryxz47_100.png

"I-I'm sorry,"
she apologized hurriedly, looking to the taller male with wide eyes and a hard swallow. She wasn't sure she had seen him before, but hopefully he wouldn't be angry. "I should've been watching where I was going..." Yeah, she was so caught up in apologizing to the huntsman before her that she almost forgot about her mission to get some air and a partner. Whoops.

7_by_teh_zombish-dat4i88.jpg

"..."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Krieg @Atomyk @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies

Joshua paid no mind to Teresa's initial sarcastic comment, instead more focused on searching Pyrrha's expression for any signs of being upset about the position she was given. He really wanted to see her upset about it. Now, she didn't exactly act very upset, but the Composer had expected as much. The girl was too polite to openly display her distaste for a position many among the reapers considered to be an honor. Nevertheless, Joshua could still see the trace of sadness on her face that he had been hoping for. Being the classic asshole that he was, the male very much enjoyed making others squirm whenever he could.

Yet, his focus drifted from the girl when he caught wind of Teresa scolding him for poking his cane in her face. He smirked, this time poking her forehead with it. "You're just jealous that I'm the sharpest dressed person in this room today, aren't you?" he questioned, using his free hand to adjust his top hat.

dz1OJfb.png

"Careful, J, if she doesn't break your hand, she might do the next best thing and break your cane," Sanae muttered, shaking his head.

"I'd like to see her try," Joshua mumbled, uncaring.

Momentarily, the Composer broke his gaze from Teresa, glancing toward Larkin when the male would mention his assignment. "Right, although I hope you don't have a problem with that."

7iBH2MU.png

"We don't," Saya said, speaking up in her partner's place. "Although, I'm starting to sense a pattern here. Just about every time someone needs to watch over Arya... it's us," she said, tapping her chin.

"Of course. The girl likes you two. Who else should I assign to watching her? Higa?" he joked with a chuckle.

"Ah, ha ha ha, right," Saya replied, rubbing the back of her head. "So, where is Arya anyhow? And what are we supposed to do with her?"

OIJLePw.jpg

"She's in her room. Go find her and keep her busy, I don't care what you do with her. She likes playing with her little... sword... spar with her or something. Don't know. Don't really care. Bye now," he said with a wave.

Saya sighed and turned to Larkin afterwards. "Yeah, I'm coming. Let's go find our girl. Err, well, not our girl, but you know... our girl who we watch."

293670_original.png

The person who Prim happened to collide with would show no signs of frustration when she frantically apologized to him. "Ah, it's nothing to worry your head over. I don't blame you for running into me. We're all a little on edge right now," he said, placing a gentle hand on her shoulder to show her that he wasn't bothered by it. "I'm Graham, who might you be?" he questioned.

Meanwhile, Ash was on the prowl to find herself a partner. She sneaked up on a black-haired female and tackled her from behind. "Hi there! Have a partner yet?" she questioned, offering the girl a smile.

@Midnight Maiden @Atomyk @Krieg @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies

rsz_a1_by_teh_zombish_d9d7nxx_by_teh_zombish-dbjqjue.jpg

Alright, that was it. Teresa had been willing to let that first jab go, but the second was met with much less leniency. The female's expression didn't change, save for her deep blue eyes narrowing at the male, no trace of emotion on her face. With a complete poker face, she reached up, forcefully yanking the cane from her boss's grasp before giving a sarcastically sweet smile. And in one swift motion, the cane was brought down against her knee with little thought, snapping it clean in two. Batting her eyelashes and smiling even wider at the male, she tilted her head in a playful manner, poking him with the not-sharded end of one of the broken pieces as she offered them both back. Funny that Sanae had voiced exactly what idea she had had in mind. "How's that for a try?" And so their staring contest raged on, broken only when Joshua looked away. That ought to show the jerk.

With that out of the way, the female allowed her boss to get instructions spoken to Larkin and Saya, only rolling her eyes at the simplicity of his 'request'. All the while, Larkin himself seemed more amused than anything else. His wolf-like grin remained, even as he gave Joshua a nonchalant shrug upon hearing his question. "Didn't say that I did, did I?" he mused, pursing his lips into a thin line before letting it go. Instead, he chose to offer word to Saya when she expressed concern on what they should do. "Don't worry. Somethin' tells me it won't be hard to find out what she wants to do," he quipped. That much was true. Arya was rather... Expressive.

rsz_tumblr_o5jcuwnalf1uqo7ado1_1280_by_teh_zombish-daf8yjp.png

While an eyebrow was raised and a glance was spared over his shoulder at Saya's fumble, Larkin's grin grew, a small chuckle emanating from his lips as he continued to walk. "Yeah, yeah, I get it. But you shouldn't lead a man on like that," he teased, sarcastically. Though, if Saya wanted to make it more than leading him on... Well, he certainly wouldn't mind.

---

tumblr_inline_nvrb4zWnsy1ryxz47_100.png

Prim's gratitude and relief that Graham didn't seem upset were obvious, a small smile even managing to make it's way onto her lips. His gentle touch, surprising as it may have been, reassured and comforted her, making tense shoulders relax ever so slightly. There was something about the gentle and kind air that the man gave off that brought about a sense of familiarity to her, but she couldn't quite place why. Still, she nodded in response, speaking quietly at first. "Thank you." She wasn't entirely sure why she said it, but she supposed it was most likely because she felt like she had to, with the comfort he was providing. But she quickly followed up, managing to broaden her smile just a little as she did. "Primrose... But you can call me Prim, if you want," she offered, kindly. "It's nice to meet you. Do you, um... Have a partner already...?"

5_by_teh_zombish-db0zy1x.png

Not too far away, Asuna wore a stunned expression as she was tackled from behind, nearly launching Ash out of instinct with what would have been a harsh elbow to the lower torso.... had the girl not managed to stop herself just short, realizing in that last moment that the girl meant no harm and was just hugging her. Hell, the kid even had the gall to follow the surprise embrace with asking about her partner situation. Gritting her teeth, Asuna quickly wriggled free of the other female's embrace, giving a mild glare as she whirled to face her, looking her over and letting out a sigh. Ugh. As much as she didn't like this, and wished she didn't have to go through, she slowly shook her head, even going as far as to force a faint smile onto her lips.

She really hoped that this other girl wouldn't invite her to be her partner because of this though. Ugh.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Yun Lee @Atomyk @Gummi Bunnies @Krieg

anigif_original-grid-image-24043-1502078472-1.gif

Coldness

An unspeakable, horrid coldness swept over her

For how long the She-Wolf of Winterfell had been awoke was beyond her own measure, recalling the festivities of nights ago. In a single night, she was accused of thievery, murder, blasphemy and a traitor to all values respected and shared underneath the Reapers. Bold claims, yes, but not without their hints of truth. Locked away in her chambers, awaken only by humble and vigilant servants of the Reaper, the Stark sat in her silence. If she could gaze for just a moment, the sight of her wearing woven garbs of leather and cloth reminiscent of a true Northerner lord would be a comforting sight. As it stood, Arya could only feel and imagine the memories, faces beginning to disappear with each passing day.

Sitting up, the noble hissed, still adjusting to her wings. She wondered where Teresa and Joshua had went, recalling how the two held little fondness for the survivor. Yet, strangely, she took a somewhat comfort in them, perhaps because they were among the few not to conspire against her. Even in this paradise, as lost as it is to her, the same game of thrones continued, dissenters and agitators alike smiling with daggers up to their throats.

Catching the rapping and tapping of impending feet, the seer of darkness perked her head. Looking puzzled, an almost distant smile curved up, hands tenderly grazing against a slender little blade rested on her lap.

"Come in, you two. Gods forbid you have to sneak; I heard you five horses away."

Kicking up her rocking chair, awaiting to hear her wooden door to her apartment open, the young Reaper grew eerily comfortable in her position. There was another one of those games going on, not like the ones orchestrated by the Archdemon but of the Reapers themselves. A chance to become one of them, to live a life of eternal duty to powers beyond. Many found happiness in it. For Arya, she was unsure of what she found in her new existence.

"I heard a new...game has started. Is that what you call it? They don't tell me much...I wonder why." Arya tried to bring up conversation, her position in the antique room at a corner facing the bed. The room in question was simple yet ornately decorated in furs, exotic cloths and wooden furniture that showed age yet a feeling of regal nature. All-in-all, Arya's room felt like what many would describe Winterfell- tough, hard and bounded in honor. "Tell me, why aren't you two there?"

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Midnight Maiden

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.