Status
Not open for further replies.
Nathan! Come on! Don't make me a murderer by leaving you behind!

She had to have known saying such a thing to a guy like Nathan Prescott had practically been a challenge. The costumed bitch hadn't known a damn thing about Nathan or what he'd gone through. Why did it matter to him if he died, when he knew he would have been killed as soon as he got back to Arcadia Bay? He had been a dead man walking, so all of their judgemental looks and words had done nothing but embolden his final decision to let his life end.

Except, fuck, he was somehow still alive.

It was all bullshit.

The last thing Nathan wanted to do was think-- He'd done enough thinking to last him the rest of his miserable life and here was somehow alive. Not just alive, but alone as well, with only with his thoughts jumbling around inside his head to keep him company. Those thoughts were poison... voices in his head that wouldn't shut up. He wanted the voices to just go away and he thought he'd killed them too by dying.

But again, it was all bullshit.

S7nsyPC.png

"Why am I here?" he said quietly, speaking to himself. "The fuck do you want from me...?" Nathan couldn't bear to look anyone in the eye, especially the other players he was being forced to parade around with.

Asher! Come on! Don't you dare leave me, Asher!

Iron from Ice!

Well, that was one hell of a way to go.

Fucking Whitehills.

Asher Forrester tended to take whatever life threw at him in stride. Sure, he had a bit of a habit for not being able to keep his mouth shut, but really, that just made things more interesting for everybody, didn't it? Asher had enough quips to say about just about any situation, even situations that should have gotten him killed (or actually killed, in one case), but to live and breathe after feeling every bit of that iron steel through his gut would do just about anyone's head in. Even Asher, who had just about nothing to say to anyone ever since he had been brought into this.

The Old Gods be damned, what a joke this all was. Asher couldn't say how or why he was here, or even what here was. Whether he was still dying, stuck in a dream, or drunk off his ass, none of it offered an explanation that Asher could understand. The only real way to take it in stride was simply to not think about it much at all.

He was alive. At a party. If there was anything Asher enjoyed, it was surviving. He should have been happy.

... Why wasn't he happy?

lRDQmrh.jpg

"..." The Forrester took a deep breath, crossing his arms as he looked out upon the mingling guests. Their carefree attitudes made him feel a bit unsettled. "Nothing's happening here until I get something to drink," he muttered under his breath.

If Lucy had been nervous before the party started, it paled in comparison to the anxiousness pooling in her gut now. There were just so many eyes, too many who knew too much about her. She could blame Joshua for that, but she couldn't afford wasting time on ill will toward anyone.

She had been largely silent for a while now, standing somewhat proud in her suit. She didn't make much of a move to mingle, sticking with Larkin and Saya for the most part. When the question of where Arya went off to started up, Lucy was just about to offer to look for her.

But then an imposing reaper showed up and accused Arya of stealing, and Lucy was at a loss for words again. She didn't know what would be the appropriate action here, for defending Arya came with some heavy implications. She decided to try at being neutral.

"Where did you last have it?" she asked, her voice even.

@Savannah Clause @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Krieg

• Love
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
After walking a short distance into the party, Graham the huntsman stopped walking. He looked around and observed the area, stiffening as he looked around. "This place reminds me of Storybrooke..."

"Getting cold feet?" Jaune questioned the man, walking up beside him.

tumblr_inline_ndso5fKKZQ1s9q6f4.png

"No," Graham replied, side-glancing the boy. "I just don't like parties."

"Whaaaat? Are you kidding? Everyone likes parties! How can you not? I mean, just look at all the ladies here! If you find yourself a cute dance partner, you'll cheer up in no time! Watch and learn," Jaune said, puffing his chest out before walking further into the crowd. He paused, however, quickly overcome with the terrible disease of social awkwardness. He tugged at his collar before rushing to a beacon of shelter, aka the punch bowel. Graham chuckled to himself as he watched this, slowly making his way over to Jaune.

"I watched, and I can't say I learned anything. I've never really asked a woman to dance with me, but I think in order to find a partner you actually have to ask someone."

ck0kDn7.png

"I-I was getting to that!" Jaune exclaimed. "I-I just... I always drink punch before I ask a girl to dance, yeah that's it. It helps build confidence, yep."

"Why not ask that girl to dance then?" the huntsman asked, actually gesturing to Teresa. She was a reaper, but if Jaune was so determined to shoot high, maybe he wouldn't mind dancing with one?

"Uhhh, g-good idea, but she looks way out of my league. I'll give it a try..."

Unfortunately for Jaune, he only felt Teresa to be out of his league due to the pretty dress she was wearing. He had no idea she was a reaper, no, not even after seeing her clearly visible black reaper wings. : |

4QHc5ex.jpg

"Get your foot off my back. You'll get me dirty," Joshua started when Teresa came up from behind him.

The Composer didn't look up from where he sat. He let out a scowl and continued to look off into the distance. "I believe I told you before that this party would partly be about introducing you to the others. Forgive me if my way of doing such a thing was a bit extravagant. And I'm not exactly in the mood for a party tonight. This may come as a shock to you, but I'm not one who enjoys parties very much. The music gives me a headache." Grumbling, Joshua reached up to rub one of his temples. He really was in a bad mood.

And it didn't help his bad mood much when a very awkward blonde approached them. "Heeeey, I was wondering. WouldYouLikeToDance?" Jaune asked Teresa, his words quick and mashed together.

Upon hearing this, Joshua almost fell off the roof. "I-I think not! She won't dance with you!"

Jaune frowned. "Hey, man, cool it. Let the lady answer."

Had he known that Joshua was the Composer, Jaune probably wouldn't have answered him in such a manner. But, sadly, he was unaware. Josh shot Jaune an angry look.

I picked this guy to be one of the players just to mess with Pyrrha, but he's getting on my nerves. Must... not... push him off the roof...

While all of this went down, Graham stood back shaking his head. "Party's not going over well, eh? Nobody here seems to be in a good mood, not the players nor the reapers," he said, glancing to Asher who stood nearby.

@Savannah Clause @Atomyk

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love

72_by_teh_zombish-d9dqjbq.jpg

With a smug af look on her face, Teresa just grinned down at Joshua at his complaints before shrugging her shoulders. "What, can't handle a little dirt?" she challenged, knowing full well that the answer was no. No, he could not. But despite, she relented with that little grin, letting her foot pull back off of him and fall back to the ground. In response to his statements, she just feigned shock. "Really? I've always taken you for the partying type," she remarked, sarcastically. "You know. Loud music and people, dancing, people drunkenly kissing or spilling their drinks on each other." --So she'd seen a 'party' in passing. The one where her best friend could've gotten himself killed if he hadn't been careful. She had a slight idea of what it was like from that, but then, she hoped that this wouldn't be anything like what the Cranks threw. But there wasn't exactly time to ponder, because some blonde came up behind her, catching her attention by asking her to dance.

There was only a slight pause in which Teresa determined that it was indeed, just her, Josh, and this newcomer over here, and that she was the one being asked to dance. But as she opened her mouth to answer, figuring she'd give a yes(Joshua had told her people might want to dance and that she'd have to, and besides- it'd be a new, hopefully fun 'normal' experience) and move on, she instead found that she was being answered for... By none other than Joshua Kiryu himself.

Oh, like hell.

adorable_by_teh_zombish-d9e688j.png

Holding back a snicker with impressive restraint, the Reaper didn't hesitate to chime in, discreetly nudging Joshua with her foot once again. "Yeah, Josh, let the lady answer," she spoke, obviously finding way too much amusement in this little taunt. It was with that that Teresa turned her gaze away from the Composer, and instead gave Jaune a warm, friendly smile. "Don't mind him. He's just grumpy."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

--------

f321_zpsf17f2ae3.jpg

Off by herself was a young woman with long, red hair, staring off into the night. Her skin shone in the moonlight, her mind plagued by concerns that were, in all honesty? Not exactly hers to be had any longer. But they were there, nonetheless- haunting her as vividly as ever. And as she looked to the stars, she found herself wondering how Ruby and the others were, what had happened after her demise, what had become of Cinder and, most of all... How Jaune was. If her efforts to save him had truly borne fruit, or if it'd been a pointless effort and her not-quite lover was injured... Or worse.

But it was a younger blonde bumping into her that snapped her out of it, coming in the form of Primrose Everdeen. To the teen, Pyrrha merely offered a reassuring smile. "Ah, no need to apologize," she assured with a friendly look. Luckily, it seemed to work, and the slightly younger teen nodded with a relieved look. "What's your name?"

Ah, right. It was still new to her, this whole 'people not knowing her name' thing. But it was nice... Nicer than anyone who wasn't Pyrrha herself could likely understand. But on some level, it also served to remind her of Jaune, the first she'd ever really encountered to truly not recognize who she was. "...Pyrrha. And yours?" The immediate response? A smile. "It's Primrose Everdeen."

"Well it's wonderful to meet you, Primrose," was the Huntress's response. Finally, she turned away from the stars, slowly turning around and looking to the party. "Shall we?" And so the two headed to join the more lively area, though Pyrrha was feeling anything but. In any case, it wasn't long before Prim had managed to find herself a slight distance from Pyrrha and nearly colliding with another person, though this time she managed to catch herself(though it was even more difficult here, with all sorts of people pushing and shoving about). She recognized the boy, not as someone as she knew, but as someone she'd seen before they'd been allowed to enter the party...

"...You're one of the players, right?" the teen inquired of Nathan, hoping to kick off some sort of conversation. Though the boy seemed to be in a sour mood, so maybe it wasn't the smartest move. But honestly, Prim felt more than a little lost and alone right now and making a friend sounded nice right about now. "Me, too."

@Atomyk

• Love
Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
The Composer tightened his shoulders close to the sides of his neck and gritted his teeth. As irritated as he was, he reacted to Teresa's joking jabs like an angry bull being poked with a stick. He was so mad, in fact, that he couldn't even really think well enough to shoot her a proper response back.

hCEkjn2.png

"Just shut up, you," he snapped. This was much unlike his usual behavior when the two of them bickered. He didn't seem amused, and definitely didn't seem like he wanted to continue their conversation. He just wanted... Teresa to go away and leave him alone!

But careful what you wish for, Josh.

The angel turned around where he sat, shoving Teresa's foot off his back when she would answer Jaune. "Wait a second, you're not seriously going to dance with him, are you?"

Trying to pay as little mind to Joshua as possible, Jaune ignored Josh's words and only replied to Teresa.

QucaZsi.png

"It's okay. Maybe he had a bad day or something. But, uh, how about that dance, huh? I've never seen a lady, such as yourself, with eyes like limpid pools of blue... window glass cleaner."

Window glass cleaner!? Nooooo, Jaune, you blew it already! Way to put your foot in your mouth!

Josh wanted to gag after hearing Jaune speak. If Teresa said yes to dancing with someone like that she seriously had to be screwed up in the head!

0UpjjJh.png

"Hey, man, be a pal and put on this song for me? Thanks," the Producer said to the party's DJ before going on a stroll.

A regular social butterfly, or at least skilled enough to pretend he was one, Mr. Hanekoma walked around the roof in all his hipster glory, chatting to those he came across. He sported his shades, as usual, and was even sipping from a cup of coffee. It didn't matter that it night. He was just too freaking cool to give a shit.

He wandered around, eventually frowning when he spotted Joshua from a distance. The Composer really should've been walking around and talking to party guests just as he was, but there he was moping. But, on the bright side, Teresa seemed to be over there talking to him. Maybe she would get his grumpy behind motivated.

But speaking of Grumpy people...

Sanae walked along by, watching some of the players. One of them, a blonde female, had hardly moved herself into the party area. She still lingered in the doorway after having been released. The man walked up to her, placing a hand on her shoulder. "Beth, wasn't it? Come on out, don't be shy. You should at least come over and grab something to drink."

tumblr_inline_n4hahtgohX1s5da06.png

"You can't say that. You don't know me. I'm not being shy," she practically hissed, not bothering to even look up at the angel. I just don't want to be here.

He removed his hand from her and rubbed the back of his neck before letting out a sigh. "Okay, well, that's good. Come and have a chat with me the--"

The man paused, noticing Ash from out of the corner of his eye. The mischievous girl from earlier appeared to be ducking under tables and doing... well, who knows what she was doing.

"Uh, come with me, blondie," Mr. H said, gently nudging her forward with his hand. He glanced around, eventually spotting Pyrrha. "Yo, Ms. Pyrrha, mind if I leave this girl in your care? I have to chase down a trouble maker. Maybe you could cheer up Ms. Beth here... and, well, some of the other players too. They're kinda mopey," he said with a laugh. "Thanks, I'll be seeing ya," he said before rushing off.

@Savannah Clause

• Love
wip_pose_by_teh_zombish-d9e68n8.png

Heh, heh. Oh, this was great. Sure, Joshua wasn't reacting to her teasing quite as expected, only seeming to grow annoyed and perhaps even angry, but she didn't care. Much like the infamous Honey Badger, Teresa Agnes didn't give a shit. So she just continued to tease without a care, actually finding the fact that she was getting on Joshua's nerves, legitimately, to be somewhat funny. After all, it was rare, and he did it to her all the time. So it was her turn! "'Shut up'? Jeez, Josh, that's no way to talk to your Conductor. You should be ashamed. You'd think you wouldn't have gone through that grandiose intro if ya were gonna turn around and treat me like this. I'm wounded." Of course, the look in those blue eyes as she gazed at Joshua made it obvious that she was anything but.

As Joshua spun around where he sat, shoving her foot off of him, the Reaper only grew more amused.... But, simultaneously? Somewhat annoyed/ "I don't get what's got ya all worked up," she complained, frowning slightly and shaking her head as her arms crossed over her chest. This time, she actually seemed serious in her words. "Didn't ya want me to dance?" He had said she would have to... "It's like you're jealous all of a sudden," she remarked, this time letting her grin return. Finally allowing herself to answer, she continued. "But yeah, I am. You ought to do the same. Have some fun for once."

And with that, she allowed her full focus to go to Jaune. His suggestions of why Joshua might be acting rude earned a thoughtful hum. And, come to think of it, he wasn't exactly wrong. It hadn't been too good a day for any of them- but that was exactly why Joshua should get up and have some fun. Not that she exactly had room to talk, considering that this event hadn't exactly gotten around to her hopes of having a nice, 'normal', fun night. But hey, she was trying. "Sure thing. But I hope you don't mind me asking what your name is, if we're gonna be dancing," she remarked, throwing a faint teasing grin at the blonde. "Mine's Teresa. Teresa Agnes."

Of course, she had been about to start walking back towards the main event with a gesture for the boy to follow, but he caught her off guard with his next comment. For a long moment, she stared at the male in silence, trying to determine whether he was joking or not. But there was no sign of it on his face, which... Made it very hard to not laugh or scoff, or some mixture of both, but she managed. She didn't appreciate shameless flirting, and it often aggravated her or was completely ignored altogether, but how poorly executed it was made it difficult to do either. "...Thanks?" she replied, raising an eyebrow with a small chuckle. "I've never been compared to cleaning supplies before. Should I feel honored or scared?" --Ah, shoot, she was teasing again. But at least this was just one of the players, considering his lack of wings. "Anyways, ready when you are," she stated. "But, uh.. I've never danced before. Just a heads up."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

• Nice Execution!
Asher had managed to get that drink, but even with it in his hand, he felt decidedly out of place amongst the other guests. At least most of the guests looked as downtrodden as he felt, which was rightfully pointed out by one of the other players who had walked in alongside Asher.

The Forrester looked at him in silence for just a moment, appraising him quickly as someone who seemed more alike to Asher than most of the others here. He couldn't quite place why that was, but it was enough for Asher to offer the guy one of his signature smiles. "Makes you wonder why they even bothered," he said, not offering too much at first. He stared for a moment in wait for a response but ended up speaking up again before anything could be said. "Hell..."

Kka3aW3.jpg

"Guess that's to be expected when you invite a bunch of dead guys to a party." He had intended it as a joke, but it was hard to temper the bitterness behind his words.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Nathan reacted to someone talking to him with about as much reaction as anyone could expect of him. He looked at her with immediate suspicion, before turning away quickly, staring off into the distance as if he hadn't noticed her at all. Of course, he knew she knew he had completely noticed him, so this only made him feel a rush of anger as his cheeks grew slightly red.

sR5RSss.jpg

"That's great," he muttered too quietly for it to come off like he was snapping at her. All his usual anger and foul feelings were a bit numbed at the moment, leaving him just feeling awkward. Why would anyone come talk to him? He was hardly trying to look friendly, and he was sure he looked like crap anyway. Still, he found he did want to talk somewhat, at least to get his mind off his usual thoughts. "I don't even know what it means to be a player. I don't get it. This is just... stupid. I don't want to play any games."

The urge to amend a few swears to the end of that sentence boiled inside him, but Nathan only stewed on those thoughts for now.

@Savannah Clause

f43f329_zpsf8ae395e.jpg

A glance was spared in Sanae and his blonde not-friend's direction as Pyrrha found herself addressed by the former. A warm smile came to her features, a small wave of greeting provided. "Hello. Mr. Hanekoma..." There was a pause as she realized she hadn't seen Beth before and wasn't sure how to address the female. But luckily for her, Sanae got to the point rather quickly, earning a simple nod from the redhead. "Ah, of course. It would be my pleasure," she assured, turning from Sanae to Beth as the former walked away.

09_zps4c6cdd96.png

"Nice to meet you, Beth. I'm Pyrrha," she introduced, politely. There was a pause as she took in how off Beth looked, the sight vividly reminding her of her first time in this odd, mixed up world. So, awkwardly, she rubbed the back of her head. "...I can only imagine how overwhelmed you must be. If there's anything I can do to help, please, let me know."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

-------

Okay, so admittedly, it was a little hard to keep cheerful and bright when it was pretty obvious that you weren't exactly wanted. The blonde's heart began to sink as Nathan pointedly looked away, and she momentarily believed he wasn't going to acknowledge her, period. The thought crossed her mind that maybe it'd be better if she just let the boy be, but, much to her surprise, he actually replied. Of course, it was hardly anything pleasant, and she wasn't sure how to respond or if he even wanted her to. But in the end, she was going to, regardless - if a bit uncertainly. "...Yeah. I'm not sure I really get it, either," she admitted with a small sigh, briefly averting her gaze. "But maybe it won't be so bad."

At least, she hoped. Prim had always been an optimist, and now was no different, despite how lost and afraid she felt. "I'm sure it'll make more sense when whatever this 'Reaper's Game' is actually starts." Although, with the way last event with 'game' in it's title went for her, there was no saying for sure. Not that she could really remember it all. But maybe that was why the feeling was so dreadful.

Almost as an afterthought, she finally added. "...My name's Primrose, by the way. What's yours?"

@Atomyk

5956e66b1b3ca7748e30c2ff02133338.png

The furious Composer looked like a steaming tea kettle. He folded his arms and tucked them against his chest, taking deep breathes to try and keep himself in check. It wasn't as if he could blow up right here at either of the annoying individuals in front of him. No, because he was at this ridiculous party, in front of hundreds of people he needed to put on a good show for, he had to be on his best behavior. Somehow, just knowing that, made him more and more irritated. Joshua felt pinned, as if his arms were tied back with a rope. The only weapons he had in his arsenal were verbal assaults, but felt they would do little to an idiot like Jaune. Joshua fumbled, unsure what to say in response.

"I am most certainly not jealous," Joshua finally began, actually standing up from where he was sitting. He struggled with what to say next, his mind feeling more blank than it usually did. "I did want you to dance at the party, but maybe I wasn't talking about with him, you idiot. I meant--" The angel cut himself off, leaving behind an awkward pause that likely gave those standing around some time to think about what he actually had meant. And anyone who thought about it long enough would probably think he was indeed... jealous.

Josh flicked a lock of hair out of his eyes with a hand and scowled, shaking his head. "Never mind, forget it. Do whatever you want. I need a break from this ridiculous party," he grumbled, sticking his hands in his pockets before walking past Teresa and Jaune. He never once looked back before heading to the door that led downstairs.

EWeK5oj.png

Jaune stood awkwardly for a moment, shuffling his feet until he had a chance to speak with Teresa again. "Oh, uh, Jaune! It's Jaune Arc. A... pretty attractive name if I do say so myself," he added wiggling his eyebrows slightly. "Don't worry though! I know exactly what I'm doing. I've done a lot of dancing. It... sort of happens when you grow up with sisters," he said with an awkward chuckle. The blond then began to show Teresa how to position herself for the dance, smiling sheepishly at her. "Yeaaaah, sorry about the cleaning supplies comment. I tend to put my foot in my mouth sometimes. But, um, what's the story with you and that guy from before? He seemed pretty mad at me..."

@Savannah Clause

tumblr_inline_ndso3dxOlG1s9q6f4.png

"Maybe," Graham replied to Asher, his eyes scanning the party area as he tried to let everything around him sink in. He wasn't the best when it came to catching on to jokes, so he ended up brushing off the comment. "But these dead guys are being given a second shot at life. You'd think they might be more... excited," he said, honestly wondering what was going on in the minds of the others. "Unless, I suppose, they feel they have nothing to live for. It could be the case if memories were their entry fees. I wish I could say memories were mine..."

No, my memories are my curse. They mean very little to me. I only ever had a handful of good ones.

"Is there a reason why you want to play the game? Do you have anything to return to?" he questioned, wondering if any of the others were like him and actually remembered their lives and what they had to go back to if they won the game. He paused after a moment, realizing he hadn't introduced himself. "Graham," he finally said to the man. "You are?"

@Atomyk

tumblr_inline_n4haj0c1FH1s5da06.png

Masking her emotions with a stoic expression, Beth hardly looked up at Pyrrha when the young woman spoke to her. She nudged the ground with a foot, almost acting as if she hadn't heard what the red-haired woman had said to her. She actually had heard what the reaper said, but was more focused on worrying about her own thoughts. But since everyone in all of damned Shibuya seemed to want her to say something, the blonde finally decided she would. She had questions, and maybe someone would actually answer them...

"You're a reaper. Does that mean you've played the game before?" she asked Pyrrha, waiting to see how she would answer. If the answer to her question was a yes, then Beth would have yet another question to ask. She had a feeling these people weren't going to tell her much, at least, not until she started playing the game, but it wouldn't hurt to try, right? Beth had already been shot in the head before. What could anyone do to her that would be much worse?

@Savannah Clause

• Love

shades_smile_by_teh_zombish-d9mnej8.jpg

Git wrekt, motherfucker. To be honest, Teresa couldn't recall seeing Joshua this angry in quite a while, save for earlier that night when he'd went off at Coco and Ash. But this seemed... Different. Admittedly, she couldn't quite put her finger on how, but it was. Despite that, she did her best to dismiss it, though it was a little difficult with how angry he seemed. She actually felt moderately bad, so after a moment, she shook her head, raising her hands up in front of her. "Oh, relax. I was just teasing. No need to get so worked up about it." It didn't entirely dawn on her what his comment about not wanting her to dance with Jaune meant, but she did find that his intonation when calling her an idiot was much different than his normal jabs.

And of course, despite her not-quite apology, she found that Josh was getting up to storm away. This led to an owlish blink before she frowned slightly, eyebrows furrowing as she stared after the male. Jeez, she was just having some fun with the guy, what was his deal? ..You know what? Whatever. If he wants to be a pain...

"--A... pretty attractive name if I do say so myself."

stare_by_teh_zombish-d9i8xbx.png

Pfft. Shaking off the prior thoughts, the ravenette fought the urge to scoff lightly. "Yeah?" she mused, though she wasn't quite as enthusiastic. "Well, nice to meet ya, Jaune. And good to know." Teresa, herself, hadn't had any sisters.. But rather, brothers. But she preferred not to think about that, which was exactly why she should have been grateful for the subject change Jaune provided as he carefully showed her where to place her hands and the like.

But she wasn't.

Exhaling deeply through her nose, Teresa didn't take long to answer. "He's my boss," she explained, simply. "It's... Not exactly been a great day. That's all. He ain't really in the best of moods," she continued. Which might partially be my fault, she thought to herself. Though it wasn't her latest comments she was worried about. Rather, the little outburst that had occurred under the influence of that gas. But still. "Don't worry about it. You just spoke to him at a bad time."

------

124126_zpsb09719d9.png

A pause came from Pyrrha when Beth finally voiced her question, the Huntress herself taking her own turn of silence. But after a long few moments, she nodded. "Of course. We all have. In fact, I'm quite certain everyone in attendance who isn't a player has," she explained, politely. Though, to be honest, she wasn't sure if Sanae or Joshua had ever played the game, and the thought of them actually participating was... something.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

• Love
tumblr_mz7ntyLfqG1t9pah5o1_250.gif

"I believe a man is born, then he is formed."

The desperado's last draw came too late, the hail of bullets all too familiar to the outlaw. Years ago he may of been an impressive individual to be reckoned with, one of the finest gunslingers of a Wild West on its deathbed. But, nothing can ever stay the same, and likewise, people change over time. Frontiersmen were replaced with bureaucrats from the East, six-shooters were traded out for Broomhandles, and old bandits such as John Marston were something of a dying kind.

As evidence by the lead in his chest and the crimson on his hands, that last statement held a special amount of truth to it.

"Goddamn tremors..."

The grizzled outlaw tighten his black gloves, scratching at the shade of his face. All of these other ladies and lassies wore their fancy dresses and suits, the cow rustler finding the whole damn party to be a bunch of nonsense. Suits and that awful noise called music didn't do well for the aging former outlaw, the Marston sighing as he slipped through the crowd. Tipping his hat in apologies to a woman he bumped into, the cowboy shook his head, keeping to a lone seat.

"Hey, waiter sir, whiskey please."

Tapping the table briefly, the man kicked back, pulling out one of his old six-shooters, a Colt Cattleman to be exact. Rotating the cylinder of the revolver, the desperado began to whistle a tune to himself, the enigma intent to keeping to himself, a man of few words but many actions.

@Atomyk

---

"Enough, all of you. Let me defend myself."

As one kept to himself, another, much younger, made her stand. The fabrics of her cloaked dressed hovered over her, the blind Reaper gazing over to the accusations. While many came to her defense, Arya knew that what words other may say will not sway the opinion of the Reapers around her. Her black wing was blasphemous and traitorous, a reminder of the dark forces she served. The Northerner knew her loyalty was once in a power that sought to undermine them all, but now, she had to accept her wrongdoings and hold what little honor she could.

"I did not steal anything of you." Arya started calmly, clasping her hands politely over her, resting them in front of her stomach. "In case you did not know, I am blind. It makes it hard to find a pouch of coin, doesn't it?" the former noblewoman started, taking a few steps away from her seat, brushing past Saya and looking around. Talking to nobody in particular, but making her voice present, the Northerner spoke once again.

"So, a'ye, if you have anything missing, I would advise you search around before accussing a newling to yer flock that can't even see."

A brazen, possibly foolish move, but fitting for the hardheaded and stubborn Arya of Winterfell.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Savannah Clause

J0ygTAg.png

After realizing a startling bit of information from Teresa, Jaune's eyes widened and his mouth slightly fell open. He stared awkwardly at the reaper in front of him, letting his thoughts settle for a moment. "He's your... BOSS!?" the teen exclaimed, accidentally stepping on Teresa's foot in his distraction. He was rather good when it came to dancing, so it was actually surprising that he would've made a mistake doing such a thing. But then again, he really had been shocked. Realizing what he did, he jumped back, frantically waving his hands apologetically.

"Ack, sorry! I'msosorryaboutsteppingonyourfoot!" he exclaimed, letting out a sigh afterwards. "I just didn't realize that... he was your boss. He's the one in charge of this place, isn't he? Man, why did I have to act like a buffoon in front of him?" Jaune scrubbed his foot on the floor sheepishly before glancing back up at Teresa. "You sure he's only your boss? I mean... I don't know much about dating stuff, but he did seem a little... jealous." It wasn't like he wanted to push away the cute girl who had agreed to dance with him, but if she was already close to someone else he didn't want to get into the way.

@Hospes

• Love
tumblr_inline_n7udbqZDXP1sakxzz.jpg

The blonde immediately picked her head up, looking into Pyrrha's eyes. She appeared tense, her hands balled into shaking fists at her sides. "You've played the game and are a reaper now. You have to know something," she said, taking a step closer to the young woman. Her gaze was intent, longing for this reaper to answer her next question. "Where do they keep the entry fees? Tell me what you know! I need to know where they're at! I need to know that they're safe!"

Beth's entry fee was none other than her own sister. The girl honestly hated herself for it too. She wanted to play the game and earn her life back. When they told her the price she was to pay would be the thing most important to her, Beth didn't care at the time. She felt as if she didn't really have anything important to her. No, in a world turned so cold where she had witnessed so much death and destruction, the blonde survivor honestly didn't believe she had anything left that she cared about.

Apparently she had been wrong.

Every second after they told her that Maggie was her entry fee, Beth had suffered with a sick feeling in the pit of her stomach. Not only was she risking Maggie's life, but she was also hurting the people who loved Maggie too. Her husband, Glenn, along with Rick and the others were probably worried sick about her. She didn't want to imagine the looks on their faces and how hysterical they must've been with her missing.

And this was all because of her.

This was all her fault.

Maggie was at risk all because Beth couldn't let go of her own, pathetic life.

All because she was angry.

All because she was frustrated by how ridiculous her own death had been.

All because she...

just. couldn't. let. go.

@Hospes

Nathan boggled a bit at the suggestion that things might not be so bad, his head turning quickly to look at the girl squarely in the face. We're fucking dead, how's that for not being so bad, he wanted to snap, but he held his tongue for the moment. Largely just for the way the girl was looking, seemingly already put off by his pathetic attempt to ignore her. Nathan was so goddamn tired of people looking at him like he was some kind of... of asshole. A freak. How the hell did other people do it?

A thought then came to Nathan, though it was more like a vague memory. He felt like maybe, somehow, there was someone out there who it wasn't so hard to be normal around. The idea seemed preposterous, like... really? Nathan Prescott really was just a pathetic freak. Sooner or later, even this girl here would know that. Yet, maybe things were different now that he was apparently dead. Maybe none of this was real and that none of it mattered.

Either way, this girl reminded him a little of someone he used to know. Maybe it was the hair.

4Q0UBsM.jpg

"... Okay," he said a bit slowly and staring a bit blankly. His head was a mess like usual, but words were coming to him eventually. "I'm... Nathan. Um, I uh..." He groaned, placing a hand against his forehead. "Like, are we all dead? Are we seriously a bunch of dead people standing around at a party? What the fuck is... What is happening here?"

@Hospes

Asher stared for a moment but found that he was at a loss for words. He paused for a time, staring down into the drink in his hands. The guy had voiced what Asher himself had been thinking, which made him feel a bit odd for whatever reason. He wanted to be happier about all this, and really, if he understood the rules of the game right, this was the best thing that could have happened to him. That was Asher Forrester luck at its best.

But why him, really? There were others... too many others to name. What made him so special? Was he really the one meant to carry on the Forrester name?

"Ah..." Feeling the urge to sigh, Asher instead cleared his throat and managed to make himself sound a bit more conversational. "Call me Asher," he said with a bit of a cheeky grin. "And aye, I have a reason. You could say the reason and my fee are one in the same. It's something more than mere memories. Like a... legacy, let's say for now." After a resolute nod, Asher tossed his head back and downed his drink. What better time than now, anyway.

xNfupRb.jpg

"Do you think dead men can get drunk?"

He looked around as he asked this, eyes scanning for the waiters they had mingling about the party. His view came upon an older man dressed a bit oddly from Asher's perspective, though it was hardly as strange as most of what the general partygoers were wearing. Something about the man reminded Asher of Croft, probably his face, and he looked the sort of type Asher was used to being around back in Essos. With that in mind, Asher gestured for Graham to join him as he made his way to the table.

"And another for me as well!" Asher said to the waiter, sitting down with no intention of being subtle about it. Though the man looked like he preferred to be left alone, Asher indulged in pulling such individuals around himself, almost like a challenge to see how far he could push his fellow man. Though it was usually a rush, they were already dead, so what was the harm?

"So, what are those fancy looking things?" Asher asked, eyes intently examining the metal items in the man's hands. They looked decorative to the Forrester, but couldn't say he'd seen such a thing in any part of the world he was from.

@Krieg @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

• Love
J0ygTAg.png

After realizing a startling bit of information from Teresa, Jaune's eyes widened and his mouth slightly fell open. He stared awkwardly at the reaper in front of him, letting his thoughts settle for a moment. "He's your... BOSS!?" the teen exclaimed, accidentally stepping on Teresa's foot in his distraction. He was rather good when it came to dancing, so it was actually surprising that he would've made a mistake doing such a thing. But then again, he really had been shocked. Realizing what he did, he jumped back, frantically waving his hands apologetically.

"Ack, sorry! I'msosorryaboutsteppingonyourfoot!" he exclaimed, letting out a sigh afterwards. "I just didn't realize that... he was your boss. He's the one in charge of this place, isn't he? Man, why did I have to act like a buffoon in front of him?" Jaune scrubbed his foot on the floor sheepishly before glancing back up at Teresa. "You sure he's only your boss? I mean... I don't know much about dating stuff, but he did seem a little... jealous." It wasn't like he wanted to push away the cute girl who had agreed to dance with him, but if she was already close to someone else he didn't want to get into the way.

@Hospes
reading_by_teh_zombish-d9dx45o.jpg

"..Yeah, he's my boss," Teresa confirmed after only a short pause, seeming to have disinterest in the subject as a whole. She had no desire to talk about rankings, or Joshua's bad mood, or her bad mood, or, well... A lot of things, at the moment. So it was actually a welcome thing when Jaune stepped on her foot, giving Teresa a window to change the subject. "It's fine. Don't worry about it. If not you, I'm sure I'd have done it," she remarked, only half-jokingly. After all, she really couldn't dance... But to her dismay, her hopes for a lasting subject change were crushed when Jaune proceeded to bring it right back up.

Great.

Reluctantly, though, she shrugged her shoulders. "Yeah, he's in charge. But really, it's no big deal. Don't worry so much about it," she dismissed, seeming to have recovered from her foot being stepped on quite well, even resuming swaying to the music. But this ceased when Jaune asked if Joshua was only her boss, at which point she briefly tensed, staring at the blonde with wide eyes and a suddenly tense body. "...What?" she uttered, so quietly that it was practically under her breath, briefly seeming almost as though she were offended. Shaking her head, she bristled, pulling her arms back and crossing her arms over her chest before diverting her gaze, eyes now narrowed. "Sorry, but he isn't jealous. He's got no reason to be- he's just my boss. I was only teasing him," she stated matter-of-factly, feeling rather defensive and annoyed. "So just... forget it."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

fdsfs3_zpsc5245288.jpg

"Woah, I--" Pyrrha began to speak, noting that Beth seemed to be getting extremely worked up as she suddenly got right up in her face. The sight honestly made Pyrrha's heart sink, knowing the pain and suffering of not only being placed into this foreign world and situation, but having your most prized possession- or memory, or person -taken from you as a toll. Until recently, she couldn't even remember Jaune. It was probably a good thing that she was oblivious to the fact that her first failure of the game had resulted in his death. But regardless, she raised a hand in front of her, hoping to soothe the other girl.

"Listen, Beth... I cannot tell you where the fees are kept. It isn't common knowledge among the Reapers. Only the Composer himself knows," she explained, knowing this likely wouldn't please the other female. "But that is precisely why they are safe. Nobody knows where they are kept, but I can assure you, whatever your fee was... It is safe." If the blonde would allow it, Pyrrha would carefully go to place a hand gently on her shoulder and look her in the eyes with sympathy and understanding. "I promise."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

----------

tumblr_inline_nvrb4lIbfw1ryxz47_100.png

"I... I don't know," Primrose replied almost shamefully, looking down and biting her lower lip lightly. "I don't remember much," she admitted. "Just bits and pieces. At least, of the things that happened most recently before I..." It was hard to say it. "...Before I died." Who said that? It was crazy, living to say such a ridiculous, absurd thing. "Explosions. Trying to save the injured. Someone calling my name and horrible pain.. Next thing I knew, I was here," she reminisced, unable to even make eye contact as she told of what she recalled before shaking her head.

"...I'm sorry. This is all just.. crazy. It's nice to meet you, though, Nathan."

@Atomyk

reading_by_teh_zombish-d9dx45o.jpg

"..Yeah, he's my boss," Teresa confirmed after only a short pause, seeming to have disinterest in the subject as a whole. She had no desire to talk about rankings, or Joshua's bad mood, or her bad mood, or, well... A lot of things, at the moment. So it was actually a welcome thing when Jaune stepped on her foot, giving Teresa a window to change the subject. "It's fine. Don't worry about it. If not you, I'm sure I'd have done it," she remarked, only half-jokingly. After all, she really couldn't dance... But to her dismay, her hopes for a lasting subject change were crushed when Jaune proceeded to bring it right back up.

Great.

Reluctantly, though, she shrugged her shoulders. "Yeah, he's in charge. But really, it's no big deal. Don't worry so much about it," she dismissed, seeming to have recovered from her foot being stepped on quite well, even resuming swaying to the music. But this ceased when Jaune asked if Joshua was only her boss, at which point she briefly tensed, staring at the blonde with wide eyes and a suddenly tense body. "...What?" she uttered, so quietly that it was practically under her breath, briefly seeming almost as though she were offended. Shaking her head, she bristled, pulling her arms back and crossing her arms over her chest before diverting her gaze, eyes now narrowed. "Sorry, but he isn't jealous. He's got no reason to be- he's just my boss. I was only teasing him," she stated matter-of-factly, feeling rather defensive and annoyed. "So just... forget it."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
The sudden dismissive, curt tone from his dance partner made Jaune feel a bit more awkward. As if he wasn't feeling bad enough after having accidentally stepped on Teresa's foot. The look on her face deterred him from carrying on about Joshua again, so instead he commented on the feet situation. "At least we're not like dogs. I hear they're bad dancers. Because they have two left feet... get it? Eh? Eh?"

*crickets chirping*

Okay, man was this getting awkward. Reluctantly, Jaune moved back to the Joshua subject. "Okay, okay, I get that he's your boss and you don't like him like that. Is he at least your friend though? He looked kind of... miserable. Maybe he could use a friend." The blond waved his hands. "D-Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to butt in or anything. I'm just trying to be nice... but maybe I should just shut up, huh? Ha ha..."

Yeah, this was really awkward. Why did his skills with the ladies have to be so bad? If he was interested in dancing with a girl, why would he ask if she was interested in another guy anyhow? It wasn't exactly a good idea.

@Hospes

stare_by_teh_zombish-d9i8xbx.png

"..."

Yeah. That wasn't getting him any points from the ravenette.

In any case, she didn't really seem to want to talk all that much anymore, period, so it probably couldn't be completely blamed on Jaune or what he was saying. Of course, his words were what had made her no longer want to talk in the first place, so it was kinda... Yeah. Anyways, she could only exhale deeply through her nose at his continued insistence on the topic of Joshua. Did he have to keep talking about him? "Yes, we're friends. But I'm pretty sure he'll be fine for a few minutes," she replied, patience wearing thin with every word. After that, she was just quiet.

She wanted a drink.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

tumblr_inline_o30eeeGNBo1r3leyb_100.png

"..."

Yeah, Jaune sorta knew he had mcfucked up big time with Teresa. He just smiled at her awkwardly, breaking eye contact when he realized she looked even more irritated with him than before. "Um, well, thanks for the dance! I guess I'll leave you alone now. Ah ha ha ha... enjoy the rest of the party!"

And, with a quick wave, he was off. Although his first dance hadn't gone so well, the male wasn't about to give up hope yet! Nope, there were still plenty of other girls at this party he could visit with. His eyes began to skim the area, liking what they saw. "I spy a cute girl in a kimono, a dark-haired angel, some girls that look a little too young for me, and..."

Bam! He saw her! A petite blonde-haired goddess standing off to the side talking to some other person whom he really didn't take much notice of. With that in mind, he sped off, walking up behind Beth while she was in mid-conversation with Pyrrha.

tumblr_inline_n7ueh7GYJV1sakxzz.jpg

Beth retracted her shoulder, flinching from Pyrrha's touch. The blonde didn't trust anyone, let alone one of the reapers. She wasn't sure of this one was even telling the truth. In life, people were cruel, always out for themselves. Why would the afterlife be any different? "How can you really know that for sure? I mean, if you don't know where the entry fees are kept how can you really be sure they are safe?" Biting her lower lip, Beth moved even closer to Pyrrha with a pleading gaze. She didn't care to speak with her, but she wanted to appeal to her kind heart. "Can I at least switch my entry fee? It can't be her, anything or anyone but her. My sister has a husband, dammit. She needs to be with him--"

Beth stopped speaking when she would feel someone tap her on the shoulder. She turned around to see Jaune, a big, cheesy grin on his face. "Excuse me, miss, but would you care to dance?" he questioned cheerfully, trying to seem bold. Ladies loved a man with confidence, after all!

"I don't... dance," Beth replied, looking to Jaune with mistrust and distaste.

"Aw, come on, please? Just one dance?" Jaune questioned, half-begging with puppy dog eyes and his hands folded together. He only looked at Beth as he spoke, as if she were the only person standing there. His eyes never once glanced upon Pyrrha, as if she were invisible.

@Hospes

12_by_teh_zombish-d9d89il.jpg

"...Right. You, too," was all Teresa had to say to Jaune. She didn't have anything else to say to him- or anyone else right now -and promptly decided she wasn't digging this whole party thing as much as she'd hoped she would. So, she did what any person would do; attempted to find a nice, secluded area where nobody would bother her. She didn't need anyone else to annoying her.

312d8_zpsaf4027f5.jpg

It was saddening, to Pyrrha, the way Beth immediately jolted back upon her light touch. After a moment, she let her hand fall, features letting onto her sadness as she looked away with dismay. "Beth, I understand your concern... Believe me, I do. I, too, had to give up what was most dear to me, and only recently did I get it back," she spoke, voice gentle and soothing. "Giving up what you love is hard, even temporarily. But you must ask yourself... Is it worth it, to live to protect that someone- and others among them -? The answer must be yes, seeing as you are here, now."

With a shuddering breath, Pyrrha's gaze lifted, meeting Beth's once again. "Just believe me when I say that no matter the cost, my comrades and I will assure your sister remains safe. You have my word." Others may not have referred to the sister in question as a sister. After all, in this game, she was but a token- and that was likely what she would be referred to as. But to Pyrrha, saying such a thing about a living, breathing person just felt... Wrong. Regardless, she digressed. "If you would like, I could help you find the Composer, or his Conductor. Perhaps they could help soothe your... concer--....."

The words trailed off as Pyrrha tried to continue comforting Beth and easing her worries, something just beyond the female catching her gaze. A flash of blonde hair, blue eyes that shone with an brightness that couldn't be compared to by anything else... A dorky smile that was completely unmistakable. Around her, everything fell apart, spinning and fading to black as a sharp pain shot through her head, causing her to stagger a half-step back. Green eyes widened, a numbness among other things jolting through her entire body, among other things. The only thing she could see was him. Him and nothing else.

His lips moved, but she heard nothing. She tried to will herself to move. To snap out of what could only be some sort of flashback. An illusion. A sick dream, made only to taunt her and bring back the pain that was still all too fresh in fuller force. The ache in her chest told her that, yes, it must've been fake. She was just suddenly feeling experiences from her life again. The arrow. Jaune, dorky smile and all... That had to be it. Nonetheless, even after squeezing her eyes shut and trying to clear her mind of the image, he was still there. And, more than that, Beth was interacting with him.

No. To be here, Jaune would have had to die. And that was impossible. He had Ruby, Ren, Nora and the others all watching his back, even after she was gone. He couldn't be here because he couldn't be dead. So why? Why the hell wasn't he vanishing? What sick joke was her own mind playing on her?! Why...

634634%2023_zpsu8b5fkgf.jpg

"J... Jaune..."

It was the only thing she could manage to utter, her body limp and refusing to cooperate. Tears welled up in her eyes despite herself, and despite not wanting to give into the illusion, she found herself moving against her own will. Soon, she would practically fall against Jaune in a hug, only remaining standing due to wrapping her arms around him tightly, holding him like a lifeline. Unluckily, to her dismay, her tears spilled onto him.. And worse yet, he was actually there. Which only made the tears worse, another choked out mutter coming from her. "Oh, Jaune..."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

• Love
Nathan stared at her a bit wearily but eventually gave her a small nod. She was right. She was right. It was all so crazy, and it was hard for Nathan to focus on his memories. So much it felt incomplete... fleeting. That strange facility with all the freaks, every one of them thinking he was some kind of Prescott brat. Nothing new there. It was always the same thing.

The same. Damn. Thing.

"I think I was destined to die," Nathan suddenly said, a bit breathily. He realized it sounded a bit crazy, so he averted his gaze in shame. "H-He was gonna kill me... then I ended up in that weird... place, and shit was fucked. The gas was coming, and that, that woman basically dared me to stay behind. Stay behind to die. It was so... fucking..." Nathan winced, holding his head. God, what a goddamn mess he was!

MVAxWDF.jpg

"I-I'm sorry. I'm trying... I'm really trying..."

@Hospes

In the middle of a party opened a conspicuous portal with little to no fanfare. Out of it came two individuals, one a woman and another that appeared to be a young boy.

"Can't say I've been to many human formal parties," said the woman, looking a bit excited at the prospect.

959K38q.png

"Or reaper, in this case. If only Jude were here, I'm sure he'd enjoy the company."

The boy with her didn't respond. He wasn't much for talking, at least not casually, and he wasn't going to be here for long regardless.

2FFTVSM.png

"..."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Hospes @Krieg

• Nice Execution!
Status
Not open for further replies.