Realm of Garrn: The Call of Adventure (OoC and Sign-Ups) OPEN FOR NEW PLAYERS!

@shinakawolf We have a lot of humans, so a different race would be nice for some diversity. We definitely are in need of a Draenei if possible. But that's just a suggestion. Make whatever you want! (^.^)

So, everyone ready to start this?

Enough waiting! I'll have the IC up today!

Oh I forgot to repost my sheet in here, from the PM. Sorry about that. I didn't notice until you posted.

Reveal yer'self, hero! (Image of Character): 12 years of age, Rysear stands at 4' 2" (1.3m approx).

Greybodypurplehairandtail_zps8b684c16.jpg

What be yer name, Stranger? (Name): Rysear Silvakin

Be you a lad or a lass? (Gender): Lad

What be yer lineage? (Race): Draconian

What be yer area of expertise? (Class): Primary: Druid, Secondary: Monk

Axe or Sword? (Preferred Weapons): Unarmed Combat

Adventurer's Kit Contents (Starting Inventory):

--Basic Poisons/Antidotes Kit

--Multi-purpose “Dragon” Scale (From his mother and father)

--Bedroll

--Travel Rations

--Waterskin

--Journal of Pressed Flowers and Drawings

What be yer talents? (Abilities/Skills): Climbing, Breath Control, Martial Arts, Poisons, Meditation, Cooking

Know ye any spells? (Magic): Shapeshifting: Rysear can change forms into basically anything he can imagine, but his size remains unchanged.

Breath Weapon: (Corrosive Poison) Being a Poison/Dragon Type Fairy types only deal normal damage to Rysear Rysear is blessed with the Poison element, and as such he can expel a noxious substance that quickly corrodes most substances it comes into contact with.​

Tell me yer tale, an' I'll listen (Background): Rysear was born to his loving draconian parents deep in the forests of Garrn, around a dormant volcano. His family lived as part of the Silvakin community of druids. The Silvakin were more ordered than other druid communities, seeing themselves as not only guardians of nature, but its gardeners as well. Willing to prune nature as well as protect it, the Silvakin druids were seen as mediators between primal nature and civilized society.

At the age of ten, regardless of race, Silvakin children formed contracts with the spirit of the forest. They pledged their lives to the caretaking of the natural world and working to ensure peaceful coexistence between the primal and civilized world, and in exchange the spirit of the forest imbued them with power to fulfill their pledges. From this point on, the children took the surname Silvakin, to remind them that regardless of race or origin, they were now all sons and daughters of the forest. Also, they were no longer considered children but full-fledged adults in the Silvakin community.

Shortly after Rysear’s ceremony though, disaster struck. The volcano erupted to life in a blaze of glory, decimating much of the forest in which the Silvakin druids lived. Fortunately, no one was severely injured in the disaster, but the druids were now without a home. Therefore some of the adults of the community, even the newly christened ones, were tasked with finding a new home.

Rysear set off, originally with a group of more experienced druids who were able to teach him the basics of controlling the power of the forest. But circumstances eventually forced the group to split up, and Rysear continued his journey alone.

It has been two years since the eruption of the volcano forced the Silvakin out of their ancestral home and the start of Rysear’s journey.

Is there more to yer tale? (Other): Adventure ho!

--The scale that Rysear possesses is not a true dragon scale. It was forged from the shed scales of his mother and father. It serves as a plate, griddle, frisbee, makeshift umbrella, frying pan, and sled. It is about the size of a cafeteria lunch tray. As it is a precious gift to him, Rysear would never think of using it in combat.

--Rysear’s hobby is to collect pressed flowers, and draw them in their natural habitats. His one-time collection was destroyed along with his home, and he is working on starting anew.

--Rysear may be considered an adult in his druid community, and is mature for his age, but he is still a kid. This can be seen in his sometimes short attention span, desire to take naps often, voracious appetite, and his naivete when it comes to certain subjects.

Unless my memory lapse resulted in forfeiture of my right to participate. In that case I'll delete this.

Oh I forgot to repost my sheet in here, from the PM. Sorry about that. I didn't notice until you posted.

Reveal yer'self, hero! (Image of Character): 12 years of age, Rysear stands at 4' 2" (1.3m approx).

Greybodypurplehairandtail_zps8b684c16.jpg

What be yer name, Stranger? (Name): Rysear Silvakin

Be you a lad or a lass? (Gender): Lad

What be yer lineage? (Race): Draconian

What be yer area of expertise? (Class): Primary: Druid, Secondary: Monk

Axe or Sword? (Preferred Weapons): Unarmed Combat

Adventurer's Kit Contents (Starting Inventory):

--Basic Poisons/Antidotes Kit

--Multi-purpose “Dragon” Scale (From his mother and father)

--Bedroll

--Travel Rations

--Waterskin

--Journal of Pressed Flowers and Drawings

What be yer talents? (Abilities/Skills): Climbing, Breath Control, Martial Arts, Poisons, Meditation, Cooking

Know ye any spells? (Magic): Shapeshifting: Rysear can change forms into basically anything he can imagine, but his size remains unchanged.

Breath Weapon: (Corrosive Poison) Being a Poison/Dragon Type Fairy types only deal normal damage to Rysear Rysear is blessed with the Poison element, and as such he can expel a noxious substance that quickly corrodes most substances it comes into contact with.​

Tell me yer tale, an' I'll listen (Background): Rysear was born to his loving draconian parents deep in the forests of Garrn, around a dormant volcano. His family lived as part of the Silvakin community of druids. The Silvakin were more ordered than other druid communities, seeing themselves as not only guardians of nature, but its gardeners as well. Willing to prune nature as well as protect it, the Silvakin druids were seen as mediators between primal nature and civilized society.

At the age of ten, regardless of race, Silvakin children formed contracts with the spirit of the forest. They pledged their lives to the caretaking of the natural world and working to ensure peaceful coexistence between the primal and civilized world, and in exchange the spirit of the forest imbued them with power to fulfill their pledges. From this point on, the children took the surname Silvakin, to remind them that regardless of race or origin, they were now all sons and daughters of the forest. Also, they were no longer considered children but full-fledged adults in the Silvakin community.

Shortly after Rysear’s ceremony though, disaster struck. The volcano erupted to life in a blaze of glory, decimating much of the forest in which the Silvakin druids lived. Fortunately, no one was severely injured in the disaster, but the druids were now without a home. Therefore some of the adults of the community, even the newly christened ones, were tasked with finding a new home.

Rysear set off, originally with a group of more experienced druids who were able to teach him the basics of controlling the power of the forest. But circumstances eventually forced the group to split up, and Rysear continued his journey alone.

It has been two years since the eruption of the volcano forced the Silvakin out of their ancestral home and the start of Rysear’s journey.

Is there more to yer tale? (Other): Adventure ho!

--The scale that Rysear possesses is not a true dragon scale. It was forged from the shed scales of his mother and father. It serves as a plate, griddle, frisbee, makeshift umbrella, frying pan, and sled. It is about the size of a cafeteria lunch tray. As it is a precious gift to him, Rysear would never think of using it in combat.

--Rysear’s hobby is to collect pressed flowers, and draw them in their natural habitats. His one-time collection was destroyed along with his home, and he is working on starting anew.

--Rysear may be considered an adult in his druid community, and is mature for his age, but he is still a kid. This can be seen in his sometimes short attention span, desire to take naps often, voracious appetite, and his naivete when it comes to certain subjects.

Unless my memory lapse resulted in forfeiture of my right to participate. In that case I'll delete this.

There's a part in the spells section in your CS that looks really wonky (at least to me) If you don't see it, then it might just be my phone...

Oh, this looks like an excellent roleplay (with the exception of a misplaces apostrophe in a race description).

It seems you have need of a cleric. Might I fill the position?

Player Name Gender Race Class 1 Class 2
Liam van Alkema Rysear Silvakin Male Draconian Magician-druid Other-monk
Xylime Lilliet Flos Female Fairy Magician-nature magician Rogue-scout
Sora1297 Mercanor Joesen Tiberius Male Half-Elf Fighter-hero Other-bard
AAB Primrose Boulder Female Halfling Cleric-priest Rogue-thief
ET4252 Ren Tanneron Female Human Magician-sorcerer Rogue
Cheesecake Harkun Wildwood Male Human Ranger Magician-druid
Lannisaratheon Starmond Baskkromont Male Human Fighter-warlord Fighter
D3M0NIX Relonryn Do'ett Male Night Elf Ranger-dual wielding Ranger-magical

Last edited:
Reveal yer'self, hero!
SzZRAi3.png

What be yer name, Stranger?
Primrose "Prim"Boulder

Be you a lad or a lass?
Lass

What be yer lineage?
Halfling

What be yer area of expertise?
Healer Cleric ~ Thief Rogue

Axe or Sword?
Hands for now

Adventurer's Kit Contents
- Small silver pendant with a hand etched into it
- 10 yards of fishing line
- Hand-held gardening shovel
- Wild-berry cordial
- 3 fishing hooks
- 2 pocket handkerchiefs

What be yer talents?
Moving Silently
Acting
Dodging
Baking
Sleight of Hand
Remaining "Under the Radar"

Know ye any spells?
Primary: Healing (must be by touch for any non-halfling)
Secondary: Clarity (touching a numb hand can bring back feeling, touching a head can remove drunkenness, ect)

Tell me yer tale, an' I'll listen

Primrose grew up in Rockburg and was the daughter of Andel, the minister. It was a thankless job. Though the other halflings generally agreed it was better to have a minister than to be godless like their kin over the gorge, few attended services regularly and most paid no mind to what the minister actually did, so long as they had one.

As Primrose grew up, she developed conflicting views about her kinfolk. They cared so little about Jumala, but Jumala apparently liked them anyway. Primrose had questions. Why did Jumala like a people who paid her so little mind? Did she have power outside the hills? Were there other deities for other races? At last, Prim, now a full-grown halfling, realized that the answers to her questions would never be found if she stayed in Rockburg. So she gathered some supplies, bid her parents farewell, and set out in search of wisdom.

Is there more to yer tale?
Most halflings are agnostics, and some are even atheists. Then there are the Boulders and the Hedgewins, who live beyond the gorge and worship Jumala, who formed the hills with her hands and spit on them to make rivers. The halflings assume Jumala is female because she is like a mother to them. She essentially gave birth to their homeland and still helps those who come to her for aid. But Jumala is partial to the little folk and, like an overly-protective mother, would be more upset at another stealing from one of her own than of one of her own stealing from another.

I certainly hope not.
Sora said he would have the IC up yesterday.

Yep I have the post ready! Just need to tweak it a bit ^^

And accepted!

Reactions: AAB
Wasn't sure if I mentioned this or not, but we'll be starting in Vestial for the sake of getting everyone into one area to meet up.

I'll be posting tomorrow. I stayed up all night last night and need some sleep.

Is it too late to join?

Nope! We're just getting started!

I'd like to join if I still can.

images

What be yer name, Stranger? (Name): Tiroc Engande

Be you a lad or a lass? (Gender):Male

What be yer lineage? (Race): Tiroc Engande originated in a northern mountain. This mountain is under a curse because of a powerful Fungon named Engrad Kolger who angered someone very adept at magic. (Djinn, sorcerer, diety, whatever. I'll let the GM play with that.) The curse could only be lifted if the one who cast it dispelled it them self, or died.This curse caused all the Fungon of that mountain to be smaller, and weak. For example, Tiroc Engande is only 7 feet tall, and in some very rare cases a human can surpass him in strength. The younger Fungons of the mountain took on his first name to be their titles out of admiration for him, and therefore they were known as the Engande. A picture of the powerful Engrad Kolger:
images

What be yer area of expertise? (Class): Fighter-Paladin

Axe or Sword? (Preferred Weapons): Claymore

Adventurer's Kit Contents (Starting Inventory): Three scrolls containing knowledge stashed in an opening in his left leg. (Leg is fragile there.)

What be yer talents? (Abilities/Skills):
• anatomy
• area knowledge (area)
• climbing
• lip reading
• lying (Does not generally practice it, but his body language is constant.)
• philosophy
Know ye any spells? (Magic): Primary: Alert (Causes those around him to think clearly, not be affected by psychological tricks/brainwashing, and improves their ability to solve problems in their head.)
Secondary: Healing (A combination of a healing touch and anatomy allow him to fix joints and sprains excellently.

Tell me yer tale, an' I'll listen (Background): There was pain when the curse was cast, and it caused fear in his home. A fear Tiroc Engande never wanted to see or feel again. Most died, as they were only twice the size of a man. Those in the lone fiery mountain they now called Engrad faced an entirely new challenge, they had to defend themselves from the wild. Their strength did not suit them well enough anymore, but fortune smiled. A group of nine or so dwarves, he can't rightly remember how many, stumbled upon their mountain. They said it was rich with precious metals, but that meant nothing to the Fungons. They begged the dwarves to make them weapons, things of the harder sharper metals which would allow them to defend their home and themselves. The dwarves agreed, in return for a fungon who was a good friend of Tiroc's. This fungon was made mostly of this most beautiful shining green rock he had stayed around for so long. Tiroc doesn't understand what they needed him for, perhaps they simply wanted to show their friends his beautiful anatomy. When the Fungons had been equipped, his friend gone, and his home defended, Tiroc encouraged and led the other fungons on the mountain. After long hours of speaking with the wiser fungons, it was decided that he should go out into the world, to use his gifts and stop the curse. More importantly, to stop any other community of people suffering the same fate. So then he began his quest for good, and took upon a name that testified for his bravery and encouragement. From then on he said his name was Assurance.

As he traveled away from his home, Tiroc felt a longing for the old stories. He took it upon himself to write them all down, every religion, every fact, and every principle his memory could summon up. He stopped at a small village to do chores in return for scrolls, and write. It was there that he met with the dwarves who had equipped his mountain again. At least he thinks it was them. They were familiar, and they knew of his mountain, but there were only five now. The very first time he turned his back on them, they attacked. All five went at him fighting like demons! That is, as good as a demon could fight who had apparently no training in combat, nor any real experience. He was damaged severely, and they put a large hole going down his lower leg with a very strongly swung pickax, but he won in the end. It was by luck actually. If the final dwarf had aimed well with his final stroke Tiroc could be dead. Instead he Fled the scene, and Tiroc has not seen the dwarf since. He still wanders the world, ending evil whenever he can.

Is there more to yer tale? (Other): I would like permission as to what religions and stories I can make up here before I decide exactly what is in his scrolls other than simple factual knowledge like anatomy.