Realm of Garrn: The Call of Adventure (OoC and Sign-Ups) OPEN FOR NEW PLAYERS!

Both. Some classes specialize in healing magic, but everyone is able to learn the basics.

Think somebody like a Cleric/Healer or a White Mage for a class focusing mainly on Healing.

I was thinking more a white Mage. In general I was thinking a sorcerer type that dealt in white magic that could do a bit of hand to hand fighting.

Works for me.

Wasn't exactly sure what to do for the second class as she didn't have a life of training and she can only really do hand to hand and staff fighting)

Reveal yer'self, hero!:
From about half way up her forehead to her cheek bones her skin is covered in a crisscross of scars. Her eyes are fogged over white from the scarring and the only sign of the original dark brown is a small sliver in her right eye where a scar splits the pupil half white and half brown. She is not so sensitive about her scars as she once was but she finds it easier just to where the mask when our in public. It means that people don't stare at her as much and they are less likely to treat her pityingly.
millenna___for_cobravenom_by_depingo-d5qnu68.jpg
Since she doesn't really need them Ren has covered the eye holes from the inside with a black cloth. Most people who first meet her assume that it is see-through but it is not.
bronze_crackle_mask_by_danaan_dewyk-d4fct13.jpg

What be yer name, Stranger?: Ren Tanneron

Be you a lad or a lass?: female

What be yer lineage?: human

What be yer area of expertise?:
Primary: Sorcerer
Secondary: rogue?

Axe or Sword?: Plain Wooden Staff

Adventurer's Kit Contents:
  • Water proof box that holds herbs and medicine preparation tools
  • first aid kit
  • basic eating utensils (bowl, fork, spoon, etc)
  • change of clothes
What be yer talents?:
Race talents: Alchemy, Bartering, Bribery, Cooking, Farming.
Class talents: Mysticism, Alchemy, Herbology
Choosen talents: blindfighting, diagnose, first aid, Martial arts, observation, sneak

Know ye any spells?:
Primary: White (healing magic)
Secondary: Vision (echolocation)

Tell me yer tale, an' I'll listen: From an early age it was accepted that Ren was going to travel. Even after raising five other children her parents were constantly running after or sent the older siblings to run after Ren and drag her back to the farm. Her father was a soldier and while he was not home all to often he provided well for his family and loved them dearly. Her mother was tough as nails, had to be to raise seven rambunctious children, hard working, with a surprisingly easy laugh and a big smile.

To try and keep her daughter out of trouble Ren's mother would send her on little trips into the woods to gather wild edibles for the table. When she was younger she would be accompanied by one of her older siblings but by the time she was six she was allowed to go by herself. The woods that surrounded the quiet town of her birth were very peaceful, not without its dangers but as long as you didn't stray to far from the edge you were almost guarantied safety. At least that is what Ren thought until right around her eighth birthday.

Her Dad had come home and she wanted to get something special for him so she went off into the woods to pick some wild raspberries for him. So she grabbed a basket and headed out to a small clearing with a well at the center that she knew of. The well had once been used by the town but once new ones had been dug in town it had been abandoned and now served as a play area for the village children. The stone edge had been kicked in by generations of children leaving only a ledge about six inches tall.

When she got to the clearing it was empty but after only about ten minutes she heard a rustling in the bushes around the clearing. Thinking that it was some of the other children Ren walked towards the noise. The eyes she spotted behind the foliage weren't human. She never really saw what attacked her, it was to fast and it went right for her eyes. What saved her was actually that well, blinded and in pain she stepped backwards, tripping on the low edge and plummeting down into the well. Hardly able to think through the haze of pain she only remembers hearing heavy foot falls and a low growling from whatever beast attacked her, angry that it had lost its prey. Her cry brought the villagers but the creature was gone before they got there, the only task that was left was to pull Ren from the well and rush her off to a healer.

The only healer that was close enough to save her was in the next town over and he had never really dealt with an injury like hers. As is was he was able to stop the bleeding but the cuts would form scars that would last for her life time. He also was unable to save her vision. For two years Ren was confined the town and it was rare that she was left alone. However as time progressed she started to noticed something, more and more she was able to see the world through sounds. At first it was more like if she tapped the leg of a table she was able to tell how it was orientated and how high it was, as she got more attuned to this new sense she was able to tell the orientation, height, whether it was a hard wood or soft, if their was anything on top of it, and whether there were any chairs next to it. Ever since the attack Ren could feel everyone elses' stares and often she wished she could escape them so emboldened by this she finally got the courage up to ask her father for training, her parents were not pleased with the prospect but they could see that Ren was not going to back down so they agreed, but with a twist.

They sent her to a man named Valton Delveldon, a skilled healer who also trained some squires. As was her parents hope he noticed that she was a fairly good healer who, with a bit of practice, became even better. However he also taught he a bit of combat, blind and not being the strongest he taught her both hand to hand and staff fighting as any other weapon was just to cumbersome for her. Using her feet and staff she would either stamp or tap to send out sound waves to keep her opponent visible until they moved themselves. For five years she trained, taking time off only to visit her family. When she was finally done she had gained back some of that old confidence and wander lust that had been dormant. So much to her parents' displeasure she decided to just start wandering, she knew that she could earn her keep as a healer and she was skilled enough to keep herself safe. Before she left they gave her a mask, they had seen how she liked to cover her eyes with a simple strip of cloth and they wanted to get her something that they knew she would keep.

Is there more to yer tale? (Other):

Accepted! Okay, now it seems like we're in the stages of an OoC rather then an interest check!

If an admin happens to stumble across this, please move the thread? Pretty please? :3

We should also discuss the plot. Any questions about where and how we're going to start? I have an idea in mind but I'd like to hear from you guys before making it official.

I have no real suggestions for how this would start, something with a bit of excitement tends to get things rolling and prevents an rp from going belly up right away.

And this is actually already in the fantasy OOC, that is how I found it.

Oh, right. Nevermind the move then ^^"

But still, same question. How would we have something to "get the ball rolling"? An attack on the characters/the area they're in, the initiation of the quest, ect?

An attack usually works well, although there would have to be a reason in which they band up at the end, would one call for a quest and then everyone joins in?

My original plan was to have a mysterious man arrives in the village of Vestial (Mercanor's home, I figured it was remote enough like the Shire to keep the characters busy and let them explore the world from there) with the intent of gathering a group of travellers. He finds our characters in a tavern and convinces them to deliver the artifact safely to a location, but a group of foul creatures assault the village in hopes of retrieving the artifact. From there, we'd escape through the Dire Wood (a location where we'll discover a friend and very good ally) and from there, take it to wherever our quest leads!

That sounds pretty good to me, we will have to see if the other players have any suggestions.

Yeah totally.

That sounds good to me! I'm a cheat & made a character that is attached to Mercanor so location doesn't matter. ^_^

Relonryn Do'ett

What be yer name, Stranger?: Relonryn Do'ett
Be you a lad or a lass?: Male
What be yer lineage?: Night Elf
What be yer area of expertise?:
  1. Primary Class: Dual Wielding Ranger
  2. Secondary Class: Magical Ranger
Axe or Sword?: Relonryn prefers his two steel short swords most of the time. But he has the use of a bow as well.
Adventurer's Kit Contents:
  1. The standard adventurer's kit [backpack, bedroll, flint and steel, belt pouch, 20 torches (4 hours of illumination in total), 10 days of trail rations, 50 feet of rope, and a waterskin.]
  2. Journal
  3. Three Different Fiction Literature
  4. Ink and pen (Basic)
What be yer talents?:
  1. Race Talent: Seduction, Astronomy, Torture, Toxiculture, Survival.
  2. Class Talents: Archery, Hunting, Hawking
  3. Custom Talents: Fast Draw, Handwriting Analysis, Lockpicking, Move Silently, Blade, Bow.
Know ye any spells?:
  1. Primary: Enchantment Magic

Tell me yer tale, an' I'll listen:
Relonryn, as a boy had no care for any of the other children. He was always studying and learning. He was much too busy to be bothered by games, childish arguments and what not. So he really had no time for friends either. Always a step ahead of the children in learning that started to dislike him and called him names and threatened to fight him. He always ignored these petty creatures for he knew how to protect himself with some minor magic at that age.

As he grew into adulthood his attitude never changed, never faltered. His hate for his own race as well as other races grew. Before his graduation he mastered Duel Wielding blades and uses them in a fight if need be. As with all elves he was taught how to be effective with a bow so he has that to fight with as well.
Is there more to yer tale?:
Relonryn secretly yearns to be accepted into society. Even though he does not realize it yet.

Sweet, looks good man! Accepted!

Alright, so it looks like we may be ready to start! I was hoping to make the cast a bit more diverse, so is everyone up for waiting a couple more days to see if we gather interest? I'd at least like to see a Dwarf, a Draenei, or a Halfling character, but if we don't get them yet then that'll be fine. I'll probably close applications for a while, but I'll make two sheet threads: one for those accepted, and one for those who are pending review/until a point where we can add in another person

If necessary I can create a dwarf character, but I will hold off for now to see if we get more applications.

Is it bad that an idea for a Halfling pirate popped into my head?

Anyway, I'm fine with waiting as well. While we wait, might I suggest you start writing up the first IC post? That way when it's time to start, you'll be prepared! ^.^ (just a suggestion)

Bad? No. Intriguing? Most definently.