Reality's a Bitch(1x1 with KayKay)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having finished preparing the food, she approached the sleeping boy, nudging him lightly. Youngsters usually didn't sleep in all that late anyway, so it should've been fine to wake him up now, right?

"Nemo? Are you ready to wake up?"

Thinking about it, this was probably the gentlest she'd ever woken someone up. Probably because there wasn't anything urgent to be done, for once.

It seemed like Nemo was still in the midst of a dream when Yukin approached. For as she nudged him, he giggled and began to speak. Although while The Kid sounded like a dashing rogue in his dreams, in real life it was Nemo doing his best British accent. Which given he was a ten year old Japanese boy wasn't exactly the best. "Oh? So you'd like to give me a kiss, huh? Well, I normally reserve that for long time friends. But you're so so pretty I'll make an exception~" With that Nemo sat up as he turned towards Yukin and leaned in for a smooch on the lips.

Right before their lips touched however, Nemo finally came to and blinked as he saw Yukin's face instead of the Angels. He had almost kissed Yukin! Falling onto his back, a blush coated Nemo's face as he clutched one of the pillows closely to his chest.

uYRnzKX.png

"Y-Yukin! I-I thought I was still dreaming, The Kid was about to kiss this lovely angel and..."

Glancing away, Nemo rolled off the side of the bed and folded his arms as he looked down at his feet sheepishly. "I almost kissed you on the lips instead! Eugh!" He said obviously exaggerating how 'gross' it would have been! Yukin may have been a hero but she was still a girl!

"I'm gonna go get ready for breakfast! I'll be out in a second, Yukin! Then I can tell you more about my dream!" Nemo exclaimed as he grabbed the spare pair of clothes that Astaroth had brought with his pajamas and rushed off to the bathroom. Closing the door behind him, Nemo actually wasn't too focused on changing at first. Hopping up onto the counter, Nemo looked at himself in the mirror.

"I could totally sweep that angel off her feet! I'm the most handsome, coolest, heroic boy around! That's for sure!" Nemo exclaimed, unaware of how loud he was actually being. Eventually changing out of his clothes, Nemo slipped on the new ones and ran out to meet Yukin in the kitchen where his mouth watered upon seeing the omelettes.

yKVH2rY.jpg

"They smell so good, Yukin..."

@Kaykay

As Nemo awoke, Yukin simply stared him down until he backed away. His strange, sleeping Japanese was amusing, as was his reaction to their proximity. Of course, were he to get any closer she would have moved herself, but it was still amusing nonetheless. She didn't mind as he tried to explain it away, simply standing up and walking over towards the table. So kissing girls was disgusting, huh? Still at that age...

Once he was finally ready to eat, she waited for him to start before eating her starting on her own meal.

"They do not taste poorly either. Eat your fill."

She wasn't really the type to start a conversation during a meal, the white haired girl simply chewing and sipping her coffee in silence. Though nowadays she wasn't so rude as to ignore someone if they spoke with her. She'd have never thought it before, but becoming a little softer really did make life a slight bit more enjoyable. Otherwise she probably would not be having a peaceful breakfast with a completely normal kid.

The ends of her mouth curved upwards ever so slightly as she finished her meal.

@Chewy Rabbits

"They do not taste poorly either. Eat your fill."

She wasn't really the type to start a conversation during a meal, the white haired girl simply chewing and sipping her coffee in silence. Though nowadays she wasn't so rude as to ignore someone if they spoke with her. She'd have never thought it before, but becoming a little softer really did make life a slight bit more enjoyable. Otherwise she probably would not be having a peaceful breakfast with a completely normal kid.

The ends of her mouth curved upwards ever so slightly as she finished her meal.

"Oh I bet if you're the one who made them!"

Grabbing them straight up with his hands, Nemo started to nibble on the omelettes. Though it didn't take him too long until he realized how this looked. With cheese and other ingredients splayed all over his mouth, Nemo chuckled sheepishly.

6KBT2XT.jpg

"Sorry. So used to eating with D that I ended up picking up some of his mannerisms. I tried getting him to use a fork and knife but his claws can't really hold them too well. That and he says his claws make a good knife anyway. Then he uses his tail to stab the food and hold it up to his mouth." Setting the omelette down, Nemo got a fork and knife and began chewing it properly. It was absolutely delicious! Just like how he knew it'd be!

"Oh! That's right! I was going to tell you about my dream! Basically, D and I have had this long running story between us, yeah? It involves a hero called The Kid!" Nemo set his fork and knife down as he stood atop his chair and pointed dramatically to the ceiling while trying to adopt a British accent again.

"He's a hero from a distant land which we'll reveal in a later chapter, and he's got long blonde hair and blue eyes! He's got a sword like the one you saw me with! Only his is real and he can manipulate energy around it! Kinda like an energy sword! He also always wears the fanciest of clothes because he's so cocky he can dress as nice as he wants and walk right into danger. It's just that he's also so skilled that he can get through those battles and not have a speck of blood on his clothes or a tear! In this chapter, he was walking through a village and saw two awesome people!"

Taking his fork, Nemo took one of his omelettes and began to carve something on the side of them. Once he was done, he pushed them forward and Yukin would have seen that they were rudimentary designs of what appeared to be an angel and a knight. Though they resembled stick figures more than anything else really. "The knight was big and armored up! He also had a cape that blew in the wind like how D's wings do the same thing! He also had sharp gauntlets like how D has sharp claws!"

Pointing towards the 'angel' with his fork, Nemo's cheeks took on a pink tinge. "Then you had the woman who looked like she was an angel sent down from above. She had long white hair, eyes like yours Yukin! She was the most beautiful, most kind, woman ever and her and the knight were talking about becoming friends and joining forces to eradicate evil! The Kid saw how beautiful the Angel was and how strong the Knight was and he offered to join up! Then the Angel told him she'd be honored!"

Sheepishly rubbing the back of his head, Nemo devoured the rest of the omelettes as he leaned his head forward with the fork in his mouth once he had finished. "I don't recall what happened after that. I guess the Angel tapped The Kid on the shoulder and he leaned in to kiss her and I...I almost kissed you..."

9HEIDgv.jpg

"I like taking things that are close to me and putting them in my story. Hence why the Knight resembled D and the Angel represented you. D's the strongest person I know who happens to look the coolest. You're the prettiest, nicest, girl I've ever met and that's my dream in a nutshell."

Taking the fork out of his mouth, Nemo set it down on his plate and used a napkin to wipe his face off.

bQm7R6n.jpg

"It make thes stories more enjoyable that way. If I can find something that makes me happy in real life? I'll want to always think about it and hence why those kinda things tend to pop up in my dreams! Even if I can't see the thing again in real life, I'll always have them in my dreams and that's what matters the most. Maybe next time I sleepover, I can make a story with you! Maybe The Kid could meet the people you mentioned in that song! They seem like awesome people!"

@Kaykay

What a way of eating. Hopefully his friend wouldn't eat away at all of his manners. As he began to stand on his chair, Yukin tried to tell him to sit back down, but it seemed he wasn't going to be listening. Well, he was just a kid after all, so she decided she might as well listen to the boy's tale. When he mentioned an energy sword, the image of herself wielding her sword came to mind. To others, that may very well have looked like what she was doing. Her Qi would surround the blade of her sword, essentially enabling her to change the length at will. She almost wanted to show him.

But of course, she couldn't. Nemo and her fighting were two separate things.

So to him, she was an angel, and this "D" was a knight. How childish, but, well, that was what was good about him. He was her friend, even if they were worlds apart.

Though, of course, this childish imagination would have to die one day. She didn't know how many years it'd take, but she could only hope for the best. Because it made her smile.

PPVJXVg.png

"Perhaps he can. They truly are 'awesome' people." With breakfast finished, she probably needed to get him home. For his family, and to resume her hunt of the Bakushin. "Would you like me to take you back home, or do you believe you can do it on your own?"

Last night she had planned to take him back herself, but the city at night and the city during the day were two different things. It wasn't uncommon for even young children to be walking alone during the day. If he said he was fine, then that was that.

@Chewy Rabbits

PPVJXVg.png

"Perhaps he can. They truly are 'awesome' people." With breakfast finished, she probably needed to get him home. For his family, and to resume her hunt of the Bakushin. "Would you like me to take you back home, or do you believe you can do it on your own?"

Last night she had planned to take him back herself, but the city at night and the city during the day were two different things. It wasn't uncommon for even young children to be walking alone during the day. If he said he was fine, then that was that.

Pushing his chair out from the table now that he was finished, Nemo hopped to his feet. This had been the best day ever! He had made a new friend and ugh, nothing could have made it better! ...Well, except if D had stayed like Nemo would have liked but that'd take babysteps! Besides, he was in no hurry to force a friendship! The two would end up together and he knew it! But even as he got himself a small bag to hold his pajamas in, Nemo stood by Yukin as he rocked back and forth on his feet.

"I can walk home by myself, Yukin! I do it all the time! Or well, I'm usually walking home with D. But it's no trouble at all! I'll get home, tell my parents what a great time I had at 'Yusuke's and things will be great! Maybe I'll come back tomorrow and we can play some more! But before I go, I wanted to do something. I thought it'd be fitting with The Kid since we're going to be continuing his story! So, here goes nothing...!"

Getting on his tiptoes, Nemo's face flushed a bright shade of pink as he pressed his lips against Yukin's with his eyes closed the entire time.

b2XvaDa.jpg

Quickly pulling back, Nemo shook his head and wiped at his lips. He thought the experience was doubly gross because Yukin was his hero but the kiss did have a point to it in Nemo's mind. The Angel had wanted a kiss from The Kid and Nemo had woken up before the kiss could happen. Given that The Kid was only within his and Astaroth's stories, he was the closest thing and Yukin was the closest thing to an angel so it only made sense right?

Looking away from Yukin, Nemo managed to form a smile as he glanced at her out of the corner of his eye.

"The Kid kissed the Angel and that's where we'll pick up our story next time, Yukin! Remember it okay?" He asked although the blush on his face made it quite clear he wasn't going to forget that!

l2N8m4h.png

Giving Yukin one last hug, Nemo murmured softly. "Thank you again, Yukin. I really enjoyed everything about hanging out with you. From the TV to the comfy bed to the song and the story all rolled into one to the great food! I'll never forget this day and how you made it so awesome. I hope you have a good day." Breaking off the hug, Nemo waved as he turned and rushed towards the door.

Gripping onto the doorknob with one hand and holding his bag filled with his pajamas in the other, Nemo smiled back at Yukin. He hoped that when he became a grown-up? He'd be just as cool as her.

"Bye Yukin!"

XzJikN4.jpg

With that Nemo was gone as the door shut behind him. He was in no hurry to get home. After all, it was daytime! What kind of baddies would attack someone in broad daylight-Oh, it was starting to rain. Paying the raindrops little mind, Nemo continued on his walk home with a little bit of pep in his step.

He may have stretched the truth a bit to his parents and he had ended his last conversation with D on a bad note, but things were still looking up! He could go home and tell his parents the great time he had, he could tell D how awesome Yukin actually was!

Or so he would have hoped...

@Kaykay

Yukin's eyes widened marginally as he completed the action he'd so bashfully backed out of earlier. Huh. She hadn't expected that level of bravery from him. Or was it from "The Kid?" Regardless, she wouldn't be forgetting their time together anytime soon either. To others it may have seemed ordinary, but to someone so deep in the extraordinary, that was exactly what made it memorable. She silently waved good-bye as he left her room.

A few minutes passed in silence as she remained sitting, quietly sipping what remained of her coffee. He really was gone now. Ephemeral like a dream. Sighing, she began to wash the dishes. Soon, the hunt would resume, and her role as a murderer for the peace would continue. What would Nemo think of that if he knew?

thud

As Nemo ran down towards his home, he had the misfortune of ramming into a couple of punks who didn't seem to mind the rain. While two of them weren't particularly notable, pompadours aside, the one who seemed like the leader of the bunch felt more like an animal than a human.

And he was the one the kid happened to bump into.

"Watch where you're goin' kid, 'less you want me to send your bastard entrails to your mama! Kihihihi! Now, how do you want to make up for running into me, huh? Your mommy give you a fucking nice, fat allowance? Or how about some ransom money? C'mon, you can't just run into someone without doing something to say you're sorry, right? Or did your parents raise you as a little shi-"

The teen's expression changed from that of a predator to an almost pondering one. But soon, it spread into an unsettling, wide smirk.

"Ahh, you're with the fucking Heavenly Dragon sect, ain'tcha? Yeah, I saw you with the white haired bitch. Kahaha, it's my lucky day, you bastards!"

His laugh echoed into the night like the howl of a wolf. Kouki had found his prey.

@Chewy Rabbits

carmine-uniel-victory-art.png

"Watch where you're goin' kid, 'less you want me to send your bastard entrails to your mama! Kihihihi! Now, how do you want to make up for running into me, huh? Your mommy give you a fucking nice, fat allowance? Or how about some ransom money? C'mon, you can't just run into someone without doing something to say you're sorry, right? Or did your parents raise you as a little shi-"

The teen's expression changed from that of a predator to an almost pondering one. But soon, it spread into an unsettling, wide smirk.

"Ahh, you're with the fucking Heavenly Dragon sect, ain'tcha? Yeah, I saw you with the white haired bitch. Kahaha, it's my lucky day, you bastards!"

His laugh echoed into the night like the howl of a wolf. Kouki had found his prey.

a1BipXy.jpg

"O-Oh, I'm sorry sir! I got so caught up in where I was going!"

Well, that certainly shook Nemo out of his whistling and happy jaunt back home. Even if it was raining, there was no reason why his mood should have been down. But then he bumped into someone because of his selfish negligence. Though he must have bumped into this guy harder than he thought because he was really angry. Maybe he just had a really sensitive back or something and getting bumped into just really hurt!

Or maybe he was just a big fat jerk. But Nemo liked to think the best of people. Even if they weren't exactly the greatest people, first impressions weren't everything after all. Reaching into his pocket, Nemo pulled out his wallet an held out some yen which might as well have been pocket change. "I don't get much of an allowance since I'm only ten but this should cover me bumping into you!" Nemo exclaimed with a warm smile.

Though it was when the mention of the 'white haired bitch' came up that Nemo's expression soured. Recalling his hand with the money within it, Nemo slotted it back within his wallet before tucking it back into his pocket. He had no idea what the heck a Heavenly Dragon sect was other than it sounded awesome. But if Yukin belonged to it then that confirmed it was awesome! What had she done to deserve being called something so foul?

cPPU1I3.jpg

"I don't know what your problem is but I've tried to be nice. I was gonna give you what change I had to make up for me being rude. But then you went and called one of my best friends a bitch! I don't even think you've met her if that's your name for her! She's one of the kindest, nicest people I know and I'm sick of people not giving her a chance."

With that, Nemo sought to reach up and fix his hair after a strand of it had stood up on end giving him the impression of a cowlick. Once his hair was straightened, Nemo glanced back at Kouki without an ounce of fear in his eyes. He might not have had Yukin or D to back him up or even his plastic sword. But he had gone through enough bullying to know it when he saw it. From the pressuring into offering some kind of monetary reward as a way to avoid physical violence to the vulgar insults, this guy was just another run of the mill jerk.

Clenching his hands into fists, Nemo's eyes narrowed. He could accept names directed his way. He was just a kid and a lot of people weren't exactly fond of children. Least of all when they were as energetic as Nemo. But they were never openly malicious to anyone else and didn't ruin anybody's else day. This guy seemed like the type who'd ruin anybody's day if they crossed him. Which is why Nemo said what he said next.

pa6KqJ4.jpg

Amen.

@Kaykay

"Hehehe..."

Nemo's response caused the group of three of them to begin to snicker. A kid, trying to talk like he was some gentleman? His Qi wasn't even anything worth mentioning, and he was a 10 year old brat. The absurdity of it practically forced them to explode into jeering laughter, the group almost mirroring a pack of hyenas.

But just as suddenly as Nemo ran into them, the laughter stopped. Kouki gripped Nemo by the neck, lifting him up off his feet high into the sky.

"You ain't even a martial artist, are ya? You fuckers all think you're better than us, thinking you're so great cause you can fucking pull a trigger or press a damn button. Well, what can you do now, huh?! You bastard!" His misplaced fury was channeled into a knee, Kouki pulling Nemo down as he slammed his knee into his gut. "Where's your guns and bombs now you little shit! Kyaha, come on, come on!"

He raised Nemo up once more before throwing him to the ground with an earth shaking sound. His Qi began to flare, and unlike Yukin, he wasn't going to be so kind as to prevent normal people from feeling it. The full force of his aura slammed into Nemo like a car, the spirit of dread polluting all in the area. And in the center of the pestilence was Kouki, grinding his heel atop Nemo's head.

"C'mon, you know what you should do, right? Apologize for fucking existing, for talking back, for not knowing your fucking place, you shitty brat!"

@Chewy Rabbits

But just as suddenly as Nemo ran into them, the laughter stopped. Kouki gripped Nemo by the neck, lifting him up off his feet high into the sky.

"You ain't even a martial artist, are ya? You fuckers all think you're better than us, thinking you're so great cause you can fucking pull a trigger or press a damn button. Well, what can you do now, huh?! You bastard!" His misplaced fury was channeled into a knee, Kouki pulling Nemo down as he slammed his knee into his gut. "Where's your guns and bombs now you little shit! Kyaha, come on, come on!"

He raised Nemo up once more before throwing him to the ground with an earth shaking sound. His Qi began to flare, and unlike Yukin, he wasn't going to be so kind as to prevent normal people from feeling it. The full force of his aura slammed into Nemo like a car, the spirit of dread polluting all in the area. And in the center of the pestilence was Kouki, grinding his heel atop Nemo's head.

"C'mon, you know what you should do, right? Apologize for fucking existing, for talking back, for not knowing your fucking place, you shitty brat!"

Nemo had no idea what these guys were going on about or even who they were! He hadn't wanted to start trouble with anyone. He just wanted to get home to his parents like any boy his age probably would have liked to do. It was rainy out and he didn't want to catch a cold. But these guys were something else! Not only had they rudely insulted his best friend but now they were laughing at him when he tried to defend her.

What gave them the right? What allowed them to brush others aside as if they weren't worth the dirt on their shoe?

Nothing, that's what. They were just bullies outright who got off on the misery and sadness they provoked in others. Then when someone finally had the courage to stand up to them, they were brutally beaten down and humiliated thus continuing the cycle. Well he'd already been through that point in his life. He wasn't going to go through it again!

original.gif

"Take back what you said about Yukin!"

Nemo roared as he rushed forward with one of his fists reared back. He knew deep down that the action would have been futile had he connected in the first place. He was still just a kid and these were adults. Or at least much older than he was. Which meant the following was the likeliest outcome for this battle. As the hand closed around Nemo's neck and the boy was picked up off his feet, he lashed out with kicks and tugged on Kouki's arm.

But no matter how badly Nemo wanted to be the superhero of this story, reality wasn't going to bend to the whims of a ten year old boy. Trying his best to sound out Kouki's vitriol, Nemo reared his head back and spat right in the jerk's face. It was a petty gesture but it seemed to be all that Nemo could do that'd get an effect out of the punk. That and it brought a smug smile to Nemo's face. Though it wouldn't last for long as a knee smashed into his gut.

As he was dropped to the ground, Nemo fell flat on his back and bit his lip to prevent himself from crying out. If he screamed like any child his age likely would have after something like that? It'd probably only provoke Kouki into wanting to hear more of it and bullying him even worse. Or so Nemo's 'experience' with these types told him. But while he held back the screams, he couldn't hold back up from coughing up blood.

JWWQFZ0.jpg

"Y...You're just a monster...Yukin could defeat you anyday..."

It was true enough in Nemo's eyes. He'd only seen Yukin fight once but that was enough for him. He was convinced that Yukin could have taken on the entire world and come out of it relatively none the worse for ware. Of course that was from the very naive and idealistic viewpoint of a child. But he refused to stay down himself. He'd be disgracing the name of The Kid if he went down like this! With his head laying in a puddle and blood running down from his mouth.

This was no proper way for a hero to act. However as Nemo started to push himself up, he felt himself floored again. Both by the flaring of Qi which drained the color from Nemo's face in how powerful it felt. Only D or Yukin felt like they could have stood up to this guy. Even taking out the fact that he was a child, Nemo wasn't so sure he would have stood a chance at any age. That said, there was also the boot grinding on his left eye to account for.

However as Nemo winced and flinched at the pain, never once did he scream or beg for Kouki to stop. He would never give him that satisfaction. What he would give him however?

mhRcLdr.jpg

"You...Must not have...heard me the first time....Shut...the...hell..Up!"

@Kaykay

Kouki hadn't even reacted to the spit in his face.

"Take it back?! Hyahaha! You're on your fucking death bed and that's what you're worried about? You all really are subhuman pieces of shit!"

A clenched fist was raised into the air. What seemed to be a small red stone appeared underneath Nemo, forcefully launching him into Kouki's grasp once more. He pulled Nemo closer, and at the same time launched his other fist forward. His hammerlike fist hit Nemo like a hammer hitting glass, further damaging his left eye. Blood as red as the teen's hair spilled forward, but this meager amount was nowhere near enough to please him.

"Let's see what the inside of your head looks like, huh?!"

The pace of his punches increased, the violent punk using the kid as a personal punching bag. He held back just enough that he couldn't kill him, but he wasn't going to spare him any of the brutally. Knuckles scraped skin, causing cuts with his bare fists, and ribs creaked. A flurry so numerous it seemed as if a windstorm had decided on Nemo as its prey. He changed his grip, holding Nemo's throat firmly, before planting yet another strike into Nemo's solar plexus.

He choked him and forced the air out of his body at the same time, suffocating him. His fists were unrelenting, driving away any chance at breathing Nemo may have tried. Then he put his hands behind Nemo's neck. A Muay Thai clinch, a position prime for throwing knees and elbows. Kouki's bloodlust had hit a high. No longer could he restrain himself, and anyone who knew the guy could see it in his crazed expression.

"Cling on to the bitch some more in hell!"

pat

Before he could turn Nemo's head into a busted watermelon, a single hand blocked the knee strike.

tumblr_m815xkqfjp1rtx3uwo1_500.jpg

"Do not forget, our resources are not to do with as you please."

The blue-haired woman gave off an aura eerily similar to Yukin's but without any of the tranquility that she had recently developed. In fact, if Nemo had met Yukin a mere year ago, despite their different appearances they would have felt almost like siblings. But Rika Masaki was not related to her in the slightest. In fact, she'd only heard of the Chinese girl last night. But the description of her made things easy to dig up information, and soon the Bakushin had found their newest enemy.

So a weak victim related to her in some way was a treasured resource. As a tool, not as another human being.

"...Tch, you fuckin' killed the mood anyway."

Rika accepted his form of apology, watching Nemo hit the floor as Kouki released him. A blue so dark it was almost black formed around her fist, and then around Nemo himself. It acted as both container and transport, picking him up and moving him within something he couldn't escape from.

"Prepare the defenses. I expect her to attack by tonight at the latest."

"Y-yes ma'am!" The two other punks who'd done little but watch the spectacle replied immediately, as if worried the slightest delay would lose them their heads. Not that she'd kill them over something so trivial, right?

The woman who'd appeared out of nowhere led the three punks away, Nemo beaten and in tow.

@Chewy Rabbits

The blue-haired woman gave off an aura eerily similar to Yukin's but without any of the tranquility that she had recently developed. In fact, if Nemo had met Yukin a mere year ago, despite their different appearances they would have felt almost like siblings. But Rika Masaki was not related to her in the slightest. In fact, she'd only heard of the Chinese girl last night. But the description of her made things easy to dig up information, and soon the Bakushin had found their newest enemy.

So a weak victim related to her in some way was a treasured resource. As a tool, not as another human being.

"...Tch, you fuckin' killed the mood anyway."

Rika accepted his form of apology, watching Nemo hit the floor as Kouki released him. A blue so dark it was almost black formed around her fist, and then around Nemo himself. It acted as both container and transport, picking him up and moving him within something he couldn't escape from.

"Prepare the defenses. I expect her to attack by tonight at the latest."

"Y-yes ma'am!" The two other punks who'd done little but watch the spectacle replied immediately, as if worried the slightest delay would lose them their heads. Not that she'd kill them over something so trivial, right?
"..."

The punches smashed right into Nemo's eye and he winced with every blow. But he still refused to scream. He wouldn't give Kouki the reaction he wanted, that he desired from the boy. He wanted Nemo to cry out and to beg him to stop. But for better or for worse Nemo refused to break. Even as blood poured down from his eye and dripped into the puddle that was at his and Kouki's feet, he didn't falter in his resolve. Not even for a second.

Biting his lip to the point of making it bleed, the crimson liquid ran down Nemo's mouth and heavily stained the front of his shirt. He decided to save his energy to keep himself from crying out in pain. It became painfully obvious that Nemo wasn't going to be escaping this through physical retaliation himself. He could have bitten this guy but what would it have really gained him? More punches to the head? Perhaps eventual brain damage, a coma even?

Not that taking the punches head on was any better. But Nemo felt stronger in this way. He could at least stare Kouki down even as tears threatened to run down his face as he heard a sharp crack near his ribs. What kind of monster was this Nemo wondered? Was he the kind of human that D feared? The kind that he wanted Nemo to avoid picking fights with at all costs? Nemo couldn't think of any other way to describe Kouki. But even as his teeth were stained with his own blood, he looked Kouki in the eye with the eye that wasn't currently bleeding at the moment.

xMyYTTV.jpg

"I...have to...wonder who the *cough* real piece of shit is..The one who stands up for what he believes in? Or the guy who gets off hurting little kids...Think about it."

Obviously Nemo figured a comment like his would only invite more pain onto his person. But if he couldn't best Kouki in combat, the next best thing was to annoy the crap out of him. Was this really how the story ended though? With his parents thinking he was on his way home, with Yukin having lost her friend a day right after meeting him, and D thinking Nemo disliked him?

What a morbid ending.

But it was one that Nemo couldn't exactly do much about. His fate was in the hands of those much stronger than him. He likely could have yelled out to D and the demon would have heard his pained cries and come as fast as he could. What he would have done then? Nemo wasn't quite sure. But he had gotten himself into this mess. It wouldn't have been right for D or Yukin for that matter to come and save him again. Least of all when these guys seemed familiar with Yukin. As the hands closed around his neck and began to squeeze, Nemo's mouth snapped open as he struggled to breath.

But he continued to glare at Kouki all the while. Even with a bruised face and a bloodied eye, he'd make sure that this jerk paid. Even if he wasn't the one to do it. Either Yukin or D would see to it that he got his comeuppance. Bad stories ended with a villain getting scot free. But a guy like Kouki always got what was coming to him one way or the other. It was just a shame it didn't seem like he'd be there to see it. Closing his eyes as the knee came in, Nemo blinked at the blow hadn't come. Or at least he didn't think so.

Was he already so numb that this blow had done the trick? Had it snapped his neck?

*thud*

Ouch.

Well, no he was still alive. Slowly opening his eyes, Nemo could make out a female visage and whimpered out. "...Yukin?" But it wasn't her, not even close. Whereas Yukin radiated kindness for those around her, this one was cold. Clutching a hand up to his eye, Nemo nearly wretched at the sight that greeted him as he pulled his hand back.

KP60JSv.jpg

The blood had gotten so bad actually that Nemo was forced to keep his left eye shut. Too much blood was getting in there and taking into account the punches? It might have been for the better this way. Trying to get to his feet was a nonstarter as Nemo's legs simply refused to work and buckled under him. Cracking his head against the concrete, Nemo closed his eyes and tried to think even as he was being carried away.

D and Yukin would save him. He just knew they would.

~~Sometime later at Nemo's apartment~~

"Zzz..." Much to what would have been Nemo's great shock, Astaroth did in fact sleep. Having stayed true to his word, Astaroth had slept within Nemo's closet. Mainly since his father and mother had long since grown tired of checking there for 'monsters' that Nemo was simply imagining as an excuse to not have to go to bed. It really wasn't comfortable and didn't allow much room for Astaroth's wings. But as he heard something at the door, he decided now was as good a time as any to get up.

But being cautious as always he listened first before jumping out. Who knew if it'd be Nemo or his...Parents???

"Oh Shinzo, I'm just so worried! We have no idea where he is! I tried calling Yusuke's mother and they said Nemo never called Yusuke or even talked about plans for a sleepover! I don't know why he'd lie to us and then...Then not come home!" It sounded as if Nemo's mother was close to the point of tears and if what she was saying was fact then Astaroth couldn't blame her. Least of all when such a revelation made his blood boil.

It wasn't like Nemo to lie to his parents but that was innocuous enough. If it was to stay at an actual friend's home however. Not the home of a woman Astaroth knew to be suspicious. But now Nemo hadn't returned home or was even answering his calls according to his mother. That wasn't like Nemo at all and it only left one conclusion in the demon's mind. The witch was using Nemo as bait to lure Astaroth out. No doubt Nemo had talked him up quite a fair bit and maybe she had spared a glance at his arm while he went to drop off the pajamas.

But she wanted to know more and wasn't willing to let Nemo leave until his big bad guardian came to get him. Which meant he would have only been walking into a trap. But he wasn't going to let his friend get hurt, not again. Which is why as Nemo's father lead his wife out of the room and mentioned going straight to the police, Astaroth quickly made his way out of the closet and took to the sky.

BQsYMRd.jpg

His tail was coiled up and ready to strike, his muscles were tense, and his fangs were bared. If that woman so much as harmed a single hair on Nemo's head. Well, Astaroth let his roar do the speaking for him.

Said roar took most of Astaroth's lung power and shattered quite a number of windows. It was quite an easy way to drag attention to one's self but Astaroth was absolutely livid. He had been right and that's exactly what angered him.

He was right.

Continuing to soar towards Yukin's home once there, Astaroth touched down and quickly took on his shadow form as he moved onto the side of Yukin's home. Deciding to exert a little bit of his magical influence right off the bat, Astaroth pulled the front door open while subtly sliding his way in along the walls. At that point it's likely Yukin would have recognized Astaroth's energy as the same inhuman energy from before. But what was it doing back here? Nemo had gotten home hadn't he?

If Yukin got up to close the door or even approached it, Astaroth slammed the door shut while making his way towards the bedroom.

kB3a27X.jpg

"I'll find you, Nemo and bring you home safe and sound..."

@Kaykay

As soon as the front door opened, Yukin's sword was in her hand. She was always prepared for combat, her life quite literally depended on it. But then, why was her enemy so familiar? Had Nemo's supposed "friend" decided she was a liability to his secrecy? Whatever the case, she was not going to be taking any chances. With her other hand on the hilt, Yukin closed her eyes and focused. Unlike the flares of QI from before, she slowly expanded her sense. It worked similarly to a scanner, feeling the Qi of anything in the area.

Yet she couldn't feel him. Only that same, inhuman energy that she'd sensed before.

Where? Where was he? If she traced the energy, it was moving towards her bed. But she couldn't see anything there, except maybe a shadow.

"Reveal and name yourself, intruder."

Long shot of the thing answering, but perhaps if it had interest in any sort of honor as opposed to this cowardly sneaking around business it'd rouse an answer from it. Drawing her sword, she let the sheath fall to the floor and grasped her sword with both hands. Where was it hiding, and how?

@Chewy Rabbits

• Love
Reactions: Chewy Rabbits
Where? Where was he? If she traced the energy, it was moving towards her bed. But she couldn't see anything there, except maybe a shadow.

"Reveal and name yourself, intruder."

Long shot of the thing answering, but perhaps if it had interest in any sort of honor as opposed to this cowardly sneaking around business it'd rouse an answer from it. Drawing her sword, she let the sheath fall to the floor and grasped her sword with both hands. Where was it hiding, and how?
Astaroth had indeed ignored her demand for him to reveal himself. As far as he knew? Him appearing was exactly the reason why she had kidnapped Nemo and was continuing to hold him hostage. Right? Returning to his solid form once inside the bedroom, the demon flung the covers to the ground. Only to reveal no Nemo in sight.

"Nemo!" Astaroth cried out as he lifted up the bed in a desperate attempt. But Nemo was not being held under there either. He hadn't seen any sign of him in the kitchen either while passing along the walls. Damn it! Was this woman just jerking him around until he got angry enough to simply confront her?

"RAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!!"

The roar shook any furniture that had the misfortune of being nearby. It also shook the windows until they shattered outright, sending shards of glass flying to the floor. The roar seemed to go on for quite a while until Astaroth let out a low growl. She wanted him so badly? Then she could have him! Moving along the ground as a shadow, Astaroth appeared behind Yukin and quickly snapped his tail forward so that his stinger would be pressed right up against her neck.

Although her focus may have been on the big honking stinger poised so close to her throat, Yukin could have noticed that a shard of glass had landed just the right way. Enough to show that indeed Astaroth looked just as Nemo described him.

QRYzIzm.jpg

"I won't ask twice. Where's Nemo?"

@Kaykay

There.

She opened her eyes and turned towards the bed, but it was already gone, only an ear-piercing roar greeting her. This was getting annoying. Once she got her hands on this person, she'd force them to pay for the damages. It was their responsibility after all. Sensing the energy move behind her, Yukin whirled around and met his stinger with the backside of her blade, holding it at bay as the thing finally chose to reveal itself to her sight. However, she didn't look directly at her attacker. There were many strange techniques, and paralysis induced through eye contact wouldn't be a first for her.

Instead, the glass on the floor revealed the intruder's form. A demon in the shape that the boy had described to her before. So he truly was telling the truth, it seemed. But demon, human, or whatever else, if she could fight it, she would slay it. Such was the fate of all who opposed her.

"You intrude on my home, yet choose to question me? How foolish. The boy has already left for his home."

Batting away the stinger, she lowered her sword, but the intensity in her eyes didn't waver in the slightest. Energy as blue as her irises formed around her blade, giving it the appearance of a futuristic weapon.

7nSpmpw.png

"Do you repent, or am I forced to slay you as your appearance implies? I do not appreciate unwarranted invasions of my privacy, you know."

@Chewy Rabbits

"You intrude on my home, yet choose to question me? How foolish. The boy has already left for his home."

Batting away the stinger, she lowered her sword, but the intensity in her eyes didn't waver in the slightest. Energy as blue as her irises formed around her blade, giving it the appearance of a futuristic weapon.

7nSpmpw.png

"Do you repent, or am I forced to slay you as your appearance implies? I do not appreciate unwarranted invasions of my privacy, you know."
Getting on all fours as his stinger was knocked away, Astaroth coiled his tail up. Ready to have it lash out and impale Yukin if the need arose. As she spoke however, Astaroth's energy that he had kicked up in his rage began to fade. She had let the boy go?

"...He never made it home."

Astaroth rose back onto his feet and growled. "I...I thought you might have something to do with his disappearance but it seems I was mistaken. I woke up to the boy's parents in a panic and figured he'd be with you."

"...My name is Astaroth by the by."

@Kaykay

"...He did not?"

Her expression shifted slightly, but the piercing gaze that was cold as ice was still locked onto the demon. If he was trying to trick her, she wasn't going to fall for it. Falling back on lies and deception was textbook for anyone secretive once they were out in the open.

"Yet you still do not apologize for breaking into my home and destroying property. Ill-mannered, are you? No matter. I am Yukin Zheng, though I am aware you were present yesterday, so perhaps an introduction was unnecessary. It is certainly not a pleasure to meet you anyway. Does the boy have a cell phone on him?"

@Chewy Rabbits

"Yet you still do not apologize for breaking into my home and destroying property. Ill-mannered, are you? No matter. I am Yukin Zheng, though I am aware you were present yesterday, so perhaps an introduction was unnecessary. It is certainly not a pleasure to meet you anyway. Does the boy have a cell phone on him?"
ww5uFKZ.jpg

"Ah, right, right. Sorry about that. Tend to get a bit heated when the kid's involved."

Astaroth growled before he vanished once more. Although if Yukin looked now, she'd have seen a shadow similar to Astaroth crawling along the ground. One of his claws reached out from within the shadow and swept the glass shards into it. "Put the damages on my tab." Figures a little joke would probably help calm the nerves. Especially since he didn't carry any money on him to repair broken windows.

But hey there was a bright side!

He could have shoulder rammed the door down. Or stabbed it with his tail and rip it straight off the hinges. Though in that case would have just been even more of a mess to clean up. "Yeah, he's always carrying one on him. From what I heard though parents haven't been getting answers back. Best of luck to you if you wanna call though. I'd do it myself..."

Two claws poked out from within the shadow and made grasping motions.

"Cellphones weren't designed with big meaty claws in mind."

Giving Yukin the appropriate number, Astaroth lurked within the shadows to see what would happen. The boy better have been okay or else their'd be hell to pay!

~~Bakushin HQ~~

PanmblO.jpg

Provided Yukin went ahead and made her call, Nemo likely wouldn't be answering himself. The first thing these guys had confiscated from him was his phone. Wasn't like he had much else on his person. But it did make the frown on Nemo's bloodied and bruised face only the longer. His parents had likely been calling him. Trying to receive answers of some kind as to where their boy had went.

But they'd never know.

Nemo wasn't too sure where exactly he was either or particularly what these guys wanted. Other than apparently picking a fight with Yukin. But even while his body ached too badly for him to move, Nemo's eyes lit up as he heard his phone ringing once again. Was it his parents or someone else? Maybe like a badass crime-fighter! Though if one of the monsters here got their grimy mits on his phone? The very thought made Nemo's stomach squirm.

"Bastards..."

@Kaykay

"Simply judging by appearance, I doubt you have the requisite finances. However, you may still amend your actions by doing the fixing yourself."

That aside, it wouldn't hurt to call the kid to make sure he got home safely. Using a burner phone in case Astaroth was tricking her in some way, she dialed the appropriate number. Like this, they wouldn't be able to trace back the signal. Now all she had to do was await an answer...

Rika raised the ringing phone in her pocket to her ear. But the phone in her possession was not her own. Once they'd found out Nemo was carrying a cell phone, they'd figured someone would call it sooner or later. Someone besides his mom and dad. The calling number wasn't registered to the boy's phone, so she simply waited for the caller to state their business.

"Nemo?"

"Correct, but incorrect."

"...Who are you?"

"For what purpose would I give you that information?"

"The same reason you picked up in the first place, I would suppose."

"Tokyo Dome. 21:00."

The phone powered down. Rika wasn't going to be taking any negotiations nor be offering any more information than that. The less prepared their enemy would be coming into their nest, the better. With that much complete, the leader of the Bakushin walked into Nemo's holding room. Though they understood Nemo was related to Yukin, his exact relation was unknown. Crossing her arms, a fierce pressure filled the room as she glared Nemo down with her uncovered eye.

latest

"What is your relation to Yukin Zheng? How is a powerless brat like you involved with someone like her? Failure to comply will result in severe, permanent consequences."

In the absolute lack of any emotion in her voice, it somehow felt sharper than the hot-headed, violent manner in which Kouki spoke. It was like a robot or doll given a voice, which in addition to her cold aura made her feel almost inhuman. Yet it still bore that uncanny resemblance to Yukin's gentle coolness, as if the white-haired girl had had all emotions robbed from her.

"...Tokyo Dome, 21:00. That was all the captor was willing to tell me, and I do not believe a second call will result in any more information. This provides each of us with two choices. Either we risk the boy's safety to investigate and attack on our own time, or walk into a trap at their designated time. You may act as you wish, and I will do the same. I will permit you to postpone your fixing duties until after Nemo is safe, however. Understood?"

Yukin pressed a finger against Astaroth, accenting her question.

@Chewy Rabbits

"What is your relation to Yukin Zheng? How is a powerless brat like you involved with someone like her? Failure to comply will result in severe, permanent consequences."

In the absolute lack of any emotion in her voice, it somehow felt sharper than the hot-headed, violent manner in which Kouki spoke. It was like a robot or doll given a voice, which in addition to her cold aura made her feel almost inhuman. Yet it still bore that uncanny resemblance to Yukin's gentle coolness, as if the white-haired girl had had all emotions robbed from her.

"...Tokyo Dome, 21:00. That was all the captor was willing to tell me, and I do not believe a second call will result in any more information. This provides each of us with two choices. Either we risk the boy's safety to investigate and attack on our own time, or walk into a trap at their designated time. You may act as you wish, and I will do the same. I will permit you to postpone your fixing duties until after Nemo is safe, however. Understood?"

Yukin pressed a finger against Astaroth, accenting her question.
reihNGh.jpg

"I-I dunno! I just want to see my mommy and daddy! Please, let me go!"

Nemo whimpered as he clutched at his hair which still had splotches of dried blood in it. But after a moment or two of the faked sobbing, Nemo glanced back up to look Rika in the eye. "Well, that's not really the truth. You wanna know what I did with Yukin? She saved me from a bunch of jerks. Jerks who didn't think twice about picking on kids like you guys but she cut through them like a hot knife through butter and sent them all packing."

Turning his expression into a sneer, Nemo leaned forward towards Rika. In an almost disturbing similarity to how he had gotten close to Yukin in an attempt to kiss her, here he was getting close to show off just how mocking he was being.

xMyYTTV.jpg

"I don't know what your guys's beef is with her. Or why you're planning on trying to lure her here. But if it's to hurt her then let me just say that's a bad idea. You and your friend with the dumb red hair? You'll be sitting where I am when she gets here!"

~~Yukin's Home~~

After listening to what Yukin had to say, Astaroth growled. Not at her of course but at the thought that a bunch of bastard humans were holding his little friend hostage. Nemo had only ever wanted to do the right thing and the fact that he still ran into trouble only made Astaroth's heart sink deeper. His tail coiled up at the thought of running straight into a trap but his eyes began to glow as well.

f0TTMQh.jpg

"You said it yourself, we'd be waltzing right into a trap. But for a kid like Nemo? It'd be worth every blow that comes my way."

Turning towards one of the windows he had shattered, Astaroth looked over his shoulder at Yukin. "Come hell or high water, that boy's coming home in one piece. The people that are keeping him locked up? They won't be coming home in anything other than a pine box."

With that Astaroth flew off into the night, low enough so that Yukin could still make out his figure as he soared towards the Tokyo Dome. He didn't know who these people were or why they had kidnapped Nemo but it didn't matter. If they so much as harmed the boy...

@Kaykay

...That was it? Rika's expectations suddenly fell. If that was all, would she seriously come just for this random kid? The profile they had for her made that seem unlikely. Or even if she did come, perhaps they would have been better off simply killing him to throw Yukin off when, or if she arrived. His use would likely be limited, then. Once Nemo had said his piece, Rika tapped a spot on his neck, freezing him in place. Beasts with no discipline had to be restrained before they were put down.

"It would do to rethink. Who, exactly, picks on who? ...No, forget it, you are clearly too young and disillusioned to understand."

But not until they were certain he had no purpose to them. Until then, they could take their time in dealing with him. He was no immediate threat after all. Without another word, the leader of the Bakushin turned around and walked out of the room.

"Heh, so how's the little fuck doing? That eye fucked up yet?"

Kouki was waiting outside the room, arms crossed as he leaned against the wall.

"The damage does not seem permanent, and he is still acting rebellious."

"Cocky bastard, ain't he?"

"His confidence seems to stem from Zheng. Similar to a dog to its master."

"Kehehe, no surprises there. That's what all these fuckin' degenerates are, anyway."

Rika nodded slightly, breaking off the conversation as she strode past him. The two could understand that neither had anything else to add on the matter. They were in complete agreement. Those humans who looked upon the sects as subjects for eradication would have to be eradicated themselves. Monsters parading in human skin. No mercy would be shown upon them.

Nemo was not exempt from this law.

Yukin sighed as Astaroth decided on his course of action. He did not seem weak, but she doubted his ability to take on whoever had wanted her to come on over. She hadn't even said her name, but they knew that it was her they wanted. Was someone watching her whilst withholding their Qi? Or perhaps had they already been aware of her for some time now?

In any case, the most likely answer seemed to be the Bakushin, who might have seen her escorting Nemo. That was the only enemy she could think of in this country that wouldn't have needed to confirm who she was first. And anyone's chances of crushing them singlehandedly was laughable.

Ah, wait, that was her plan anyway, wasn't it? Then again, there was a difference between guerrilla strikes and what this assault would be. The demon that flew out her window was suicidal if he planned to walk into that trap.

Yukin released her sword, the blade dissipating into thin air as she moved to grab her jacket off the rack. Slipping it on, she stepped outside. There was a third option she'd never mentioned to the demon. Arriving before the designated time. The earlier she attacked, the better her chances, provided they weren't planning to move Nemo there by 9:00. She was not going to wait until 9:00.

"..."

But if her bet was wrong, she would essentially be trapping herself, and they would no longer be able to take her word for anything. Nemo's life would be forfeit, and she would be at a tactical disadvantage. If she was fighting to prove that the sects and the rest of humanity could live together, what would it mean if she couldn't even save one normal kid?

The martial artist began her calm walk towards the dome. There was no rush, 9:00 was far enough away. Whatever traps they prepared for her had better be significant, or she would simply slice right through them with a blade that was cold as ice and retrieve that boy who looked up to her.

Perhaps she could be a hero, just this once.

@Chewy Rabbits

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Chewy Rabbits
Status
Not open for further replies.