"Real life" Zombie RP

Yeah, I know it's a bit convoluted, but I'm hoping it'll avoid some of the big issues I've encountered with other threads. This way should hopefully provide an element of danger for your characters, and will also make figuring out who wins in PvP a lot easier.

I have been reading all of this and I think it sounds great so far. I would love to be a part of this. I can see what you mean with the fighting though it could get complicated it is a new way to keep from issues that other threads have. I definitively want to be a part of this. Though I think we should talk about a way to make the fights a little more role play styled with the element of control.

Maybe the fighting can be done both ways. I mean like each person does it like normal roleplay but in the end it comes down to stats and skills and hits are controlled by narrator. Though I think there may be another way to do this I am still unsure.

Yeah, that was kind of what I was intending from the start, though in hindsight my example was kind of poor. The idea is to basically always rp everything, but this way I take some element of control away from the players to drag fights out forever. In every thread I've ever been in, fights go on for about 3 months because no one ever wants to get hit, or stay down when they do. I'm also hoping this will add an element of danger for you guys; you're not going to be able to do something silly like try and beat down a tank barehanded, and if you just try and rush headlong into everything, it'll be possible to get killed off. Of course, this is an untested idea, so I don't know if the balancing will actually work. If we get into the thread and people decide they don't like it, I can drop it and we'll just switch to regular rp combat.

Oh is see well I think it should work out. When are you planning on starting the thread?

Just a couple more days now. I've hit some pretty major snags with my thesis, but it's due by the 4th, so either way I'm going to have to be done with it by then.

Alright then looking forward to it. Oh yeah I have been thinking what are you going to be doing with the zombies in terms or infection? I mean like if it bites you or something do you have a chance to get infected or do you automatically catch it?

That's a secret! :P I want people to be apprehensive and confused, so you're going into this completely in the dark. Zombies may or may not work like they do in the movies, so you guys will have to do a bit of experimentation if you want to find things like that out. Of course, rest assured that I won't be killing you guys off arbitrarily. It's no fun if you get a papercut then turn into a zombie so all players will be resistant to infection at the very least. You might even be immune. I make no promises about anyone else though.

If anyone has an uncontrollable desire to know specifics about how they work, you can send me a PM and I'll consider giving away some of the mystery, provided you don't tell everyone else. Except for Super Cat and Eynrm. Those guys are tools.

Oh okay then. That is all I wanted to know for now thanks avalanche. I think I may send you a PM and we can talk about some stuff okay? But I am not going to dig into the mystery to much that way the thread is way more entertaining. Hope you do not mind.

It's no trouble at all. This has been a great way to boost my post count lol. Feel free to send a message if you need anything else

Hmm, I very much like it ( I don't think that was proper English )

Allright everyone, the hard deadline for my thesis is now Tuesday, so I should be getting this thing up and running some time Tuesday night or Wednesday morning, so start working on those bios! I plan on throwing you all into a city in southern England (not sure if I'll use London or a fictional one). If you want to start somewhere else, let me know and I'll work you in. If anyone wants to take control of an NPC in addition to (or I guess in place of) yourself, let me know and I'll give you a scenario to run with. Also, don't be too concerned if, after looking through your skill set you appear to be kind of useless; remember, your goal is to scrape by in the midst of a zombie apocalypse, not take down the horde single handed. If anyone has more questions, be sure to keep them coming.

Ok everyone, the thread is now up and running! Be sure to join up!

I got back to the states just in time to join the roleplay! I just posted my bio and I am excited to start playing.

What is wrong with the name Jack Atlas? I didn't really want to use my real name and I liked this one, more for the last name than the first. But whatever.

Also in my post I made the map seem fairly crude and undetailed because that is what I thought you made it out to be. But if mine is too crude then just let me know. Because I mean you cant get much more shit tier with maps than one that has no grid squares.

Well, the first time I read it, I misread it as "Jack Ass", so from now on I'm dictating that everyone has to call you that, under pain of zombie bites. Also, you should all be ashamed of yourselves. It's illegal to carry knives in England. The whole lot of you are going to jail. As for the map, it's fine. They're were just thrown together to give the general lay of the land. In a related matter, you guys should all feel free to detail the world a bit if you need to. Don't do anything too drastic, but don't be afraid to reach out for something that should logically be around if I haven't described it. Also, if anyone HAS some map making skills, you should send me a message. I wanted to draw up a map for the city, but I've got nothing to do it with right now.

You know how long it took me to realize that the link to this OOC was in the first post. I was so confused as to why people already had a general idea of each other and everything. LOL I feel like an idiot.