Reading Roleplays

Do you read roleplays that you aren't part of?

• Yes

Votes: 16 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 8 33.3%

• Total voters
I like reading roleplays. While I have always prided myself in being a good writer (while this maybe a little narcissistic, hopefully this actually manifests), there are many others better than me. And honestly, my writing has deteriorated a lot due to rust, and attempts at writing style change. Until now, I am stuck between the way I used to write and the new style, a style I do not even know yet.

Back to my point, I read roleplays from players who write well, hopefully to learn and improve from it. I am a chronic lurker, and I don't really leave reactions, but I appreciate. I think most writers here have matured and have their own writing style, so they are good models to learn from.

As for the people I stalk, I usually stalk your roleplays, in all honesty. There is also Peregrine, whom I have had a wonderful chance of roleplaying with. Ardent/Adrian is also another writer I admire. By default, I also read the writing of your roleplay groups. Pretty sure I stalk your roleplays the most though.
idk if your 'you' is referring to someone specific (me?) or if it is a general 'you' but consider me spooked even if I'm the one with the ghost avatar. LOL
Haha, I specifically meant to refer to you.
Consider me surprised! Definitely did not expect this one admission. 😂 I hope you enjoy! Though, if you have been following for that long you probably have. 😂

• Love
Reactions: Lisianthus
I do like to read around! Especially ones that have coded up pretty OOCs.

Not really, but I should since so many interesting stories are going on! I often re-read my own RPs with people because I like seeing how things have developed over time. I've also had people admit to reading my stuff, and it always makes me happy to hear they like it.

I do, but haphazardly

I love to read other writers roleplays for a variety of reasons. The main one is if I am stuck on how to proceed with a post or the muse is currently low, I read other people's writing to try and gain some inspiration.

Some pretty amazing writers out there. 😇

Oh, absolutely. I read everyone's rps, and I mean everyone. Got a lot of activity? I'm clicking. Got a pretty title? I'm CLICKING.

Don't put "private" in the title. It just makes me click faster.

Oh this threads made me remember how some of my private roleplays started - both on the forum and in pms - back when I was active on Iwaku, people would either want to continue something that happened in a group rp or read my group rps and asked me if I would like to rp with them. This is also technically how I got involved in your Harry Potter RP - Wicked and Misa invited me to join with Raina after rping with her in my own group rp. I think on at least one occasion someone read a random piece of writing I posted and reached out to me wanting to see if I was interested in making it into a "jump-in" rp to continue the scene.

Didn't even click that some of these people had to have been actively following what I was posting :' D

I used read other people's rps too but not so much now. Maybe one day I'll go back to being more involved in the community