Reading it Again

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Diana, Apr 9, 2016.

?

Do you ever go back and read a book again just for the fun of it?

1. Yes

93.5%
  2. No

6.5%
  3. Pfft. Reading is for nerds.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. When I was in elementary school I read a lot, but it was always the same favorite books over and over and over again. I probably read James and the Giant Peach a thousand times.

In middleschool and highschool a read a book a day, somestimes two books. Endless romance novels cause that's all I had access too. (Why yes all that reading DID affect my schoolwork and attendance. 8D)

For adultness I don't read as much or as often as I want to. D:< I'll go on book binges and read up an entire series in a week, and then not read anything for months. Which isn't terrible, but there are so many books I wanna read.

Plus, if you wanna be a good writer you really need to read a lot of books!

THE POINT OF ALL THIS THOUGH, is that, I wanna go back and read the books have forgotten. Stuff I read when I was young and now barely remember. And now that I have a library card I know I am gonna end up re-reading stuff I already read but don't remember reading.

Do you ever go back and re-read a book?

2. Re-reading Ender's Game for like the tenth time right now, actually.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dune Series from Frank Herbert. Can't even remember how many times I've read this series along with the newer additions from his Son, Andrew Herbert.

• Like Like x 1
    • Cat Like Typing Detected Cat Like Typing Detected x 1
  4. All the time. I reread the Dark Tower series annually.

My husband was just talking about rereading those. The ones by Frank Herbert. I don't think he's read the newer ones.

5. I pretty much never reread fiction books. I do read a lot of books, but when I've finished one I move on to the next one, or in search of the next one. I think the only reason I'd reread anything was if I somehow ran out of good books I hadn't read, but I just can't imagine that happening. I do go back to the books of my favourite authors, but it's not to reread their books from beginning to end.

6. I've re-read the Unwind series by Neal Shusterman 3 times. Can never get tired of it.

7. When I was younger I often re-read my favorite books, but now a days I don't read as much and when I do, I rather read something new. I might read certain parts of books I like a lot, but I don't re-read the whole thing, only my absolute favorite parts. It has a little bit to do with me being a pretty slow reader, so I'd rather spend that time on new books instead of stuff I still remember, but it also has to do with me getting somewhat bored when I read something more than once, if I haven't completely forgotten it. I need to be extremely into it to want to re-read it over and over again, and that tends to be just a few scenes per book.

8. all the time I have a book case next to my bed

9. Yes. I don't go to the library (don't have a way to get there) so any book I read has been bought so the books I own tend to add up. If I don't feel I will reread a book, or I don't have a personal attachment to it, then I will most likely get rid of it.

10. I've re-read the entirety of The Belgariad so many times my copies are actually falling apart.

That should hopefully answer the question.

• Love Love x 1
  11. Weird enough I read Enders Shadow and remember liking it far more than Enders Game. Bean was such an awesome character.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ender's Shadow is phenominal! If I didn't have such a special personal connection to Ender's Game, it might have been my favorite. I still re-read it a fair deal! I greatly prefer the Bean quintet to Ender's though.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I read the Discworld novels constantly. As soon as i am done w ith the last book, I start itching for the first.

14. Those books are fucking amazing. Its like reading the historical records of a world far off but existing. I adore that style of writing.

15. It actually takes me years to be able to go back and re-read books. But I do it... eventually

16. I definitely re-read books a lot more in high school. The ones that come to mind is Watership Down, Redwall, Firebringer, and The Vampire Chronicles.

17. I've re-read so many books. The Dune series, Sword of Truth series, several from Dragonlance and Forgotten Realms, many from Dragonriders of Pern, many from the Redwall series. Honestly, I could go on for awhile listing them, hahaha.

18. I've read through the Gaunts Ghosts novel series (a good 13 or so books) about twice now, and re-reading them helped a lot with understanding who was who among the dozens upon dozens of characters in the books.

Also, I've been itching to re-read Starship Troopers for a while now, though mostly because the first time I read it, I was at the tender age of 'too-young-to-understand-what-was-going-on', as it was the first book I read without pictures (to give you an age reference, I can't remember how old I was exactly).

• Like Like x 1
  19. I've reread lord of the rings so many times I've lost count

I often reread random chapters of manga, too

• Like Like x 1
  20. I don't re-read books often, and if I do, it's only usually a couple of years after the first read through. That said, I've read Harry Potter & the Chamber of Secrets a 100 or so times (which is why my copy's so battered). It's just my favourite book in the series, and one that I can always go back to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.