Reading it Again

Do you ever go back and read a book again just for the fun of it?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diana

LOOK HOW CALM SHE IS
Original poster
ADMINISTRATOR
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life
When I was in elementary school I read a lot, but it was always the same favorite books over and over and over again. I probably read James and the Giant Peach a thousand times.

In middleschool and highschool a read a book a day, somestimes two books. Endless romance novels cause that's all I had access too. (Why yes all that reading DID affect my schoolwork and attendance. 8D)

For adultness I don't read as much or as often as I want to. D:< I'll go on book binges and read up an entire series in a week, and then not read anything for months. Which isn't terrible, but there are so many books I wanna read.

Plus, if you wanna be a good writer you really need to read a lot of books!

THE POINT OF ALL THIS THOUGH, is that, I wanna go back and read the books have forgotten. Stuff I read when I was young and now barely remember. And now that I have a library card I know I am gonna end up re-reading stuff I already read but don't remember reading.

Do you ever go back and re-read a book?

Dune Series from Frank Herbert. Can't even remember how many times I've read this series along with the newer additions from his Son, Andrew Herbert.

Reactions: Windsong
All the time. I reread the Dark Tower series annually.

Dune Series from Frank Herbert. Can't even remember how many times I've read this series along with the newer additions from his Son, Andrew Herbert.
My husband was just talking about rereading those. The ones by Frank Herbert. I don't think he's read the newer ones.

I pretty much never reread fiction books. I do read a lot of books, but when I've finished one I move on to the next one, or in search of the next one. I think the only reason I'd reread anything was if I somehow ran out of good books I hadn't read, but I just can't imagine that happening. I do go back to the books of my favourite authors, but it's not to reread their books from beginning to end.

I've re-read the Unwind series by Neal Shusterman 3 times. Can never get tired of it.

When I was younger I often re-read my favorite books, but now a days I don't read as much and when I do, I rather read something new. I might read certain parts of books I like a lot, but I don't re-read the whole thing, only my absolute favorite parts. It has a little bit to do with me being a pretty slow reader, so I'd rather spend that time on new books instead of stuff I still remember, but it also has to do with me getting somewhat bored when I read something more than once, if I haven't completely forgotten it. I need to be extremely into it to want to re-read it over and over again, and that tends to be just a few scenes per book.

all the time I have a book case next to my bed

Yes. I don't go to the library (don't have a way to get there) so any book I read has been bought so the books I own tend to add up. If I don't feel I will reread a book, or I don't have a personal attachment to it, then I will most likely get rid of it.

I've re-read the entirety of The Belgariad so many times my copies are actually falling apart.

That should hopefully answer the question.

• Love
Reactions: Peter Feels
Re-reading Ender's Game for like the tenth time right now, actually.
Weird enough I read Enders Shadow and remember liking it far more than Enders Game. Bean was such an awesome character.

Reactions: Dervish
Weird enough I read Enders Shadow and remember liking it far more than Enders Game. Bean was such an awesome character.

Ender's Shadow is phenominal! If I didn't have such a special personal connection to Ender's Game, it might have been my favorite. I still re-read it a fair deal! I greatly prefer the Bean quintet to Ender's though.

Reactions: Captain Illiterate
I read the Discworld novels constantly. As soon as i am done w ith the last book, I start itching for the first.

I've re-read the entirety of The Belgariad so many times my copies are actually falling apart.

That should hopefully answer the question.
Those books are fucking amazing. Its like reading the historical records of a world far off but existing. I adore that style of writing.

It actually takes me years to be able to go back and re-read books. But I do it... eventually

I definitely re-read books a lot more in high school. The ones that come to mind is Watership Down, Redwall, Firebringer, and The Vampire Chronicles.

I've re-read so many books. The Dune series, Sword of Truth series, several from Dragonlance and Forgotten Realms, many from Dragonriders of Pern, many from the Redwall series. Honestly, I could go on for awhile listing them, hahaha.

I've read through the Gaunts Ghosts novel series (a good 13 or so books) about twice now, and re-reading them helped a lot with understanding who was who among the dozens upon dozens of characters in the books.

Also, I've been itching to re-read Starship Troopers for a while now, though mostly because the first time I read it, I was at the tender age of 'too-young-to-understand-what-was-going-on', as it was the first book I read without pictures (to give you an age reference, I can't remember how old I was exactly).

Reactions: Dervish
I've reread lord of the rings so many times I've lost count

I often reread random chapters of manga, too

Reactions: Windsong
I don't re-read books often, and if I do, it's only usually a couple of years after the first read through. That said, I've read Harry Potter & the Chamber of Secrets a 100 or so times (which is why my copy's so battered). It's just my favourite book in the series, and one that I can always go back to.

Status
Not open for further replies.