Read this thread if you are confused about how to make a roleplay!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorick

Magnificent Bastard
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. One post per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
  4. Douche
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Fantasy is my #1; I will give almost anything a chance if it has strong fantasy elements. Post apocalyptic, superhero, alternate history, science fantasy, some supernatural, romance, and a few fandoms (especially Game of Thrones) are also likely to catch my eye.
It looks confusing, but it's simple once you get the hang of it. Here's a very basic guide to making roleplays in the new system.

For 1x1 Roleplays
  1. Go to your desired genre section.
  2. Press the Create Roleplay button in the upper right.
  3. Fill in the info. The Tag Line will be displayed just under your thread title in the roleplay listing page. The text in the Description box will be what is contained in the Overview tab of your roleplay (look at existing roleplays if you don't know what this is). Use the additional optional text boxes for their described functions, but heed the warning about the two that are only for group roleplays.
  4. Post it. Your In Character thread will be automatically created, and you should see it linked to your Overview in a tab called Thread.
  5. You're done!

For Group Roleplays
  1. Go to your desired genre section.
  2. Press the Create Roleplay button in the upper right.
  3. Fill in the info. The Tag Line will be displayed just under your thread title in the roleplay listing page. The text in the Description box will be what is contained in the Overview tab of your roleplay (look at existing roleplays if you don't know what this is). Use the additional optional text boxes for their described functions, but ignore the 'Link to In Character thread' and 'Link to signup thread' options for the moment if you haven't already made applicable threads.
  4. Post it. Your Out Of Character thread will be automatically created, and you should see it linked to your Overview in a tab called Thread. Yes, it's a little confusing to have this be different from 1x1 roleplays, but there's currently no way to make it different so we shall have to live with it.
  5. Look over to the right side of your page in your Overview page. Under the Roleplay Tools header and down below the Creating Additional Threads explanation there are a series of options. The bracketed words are linked to the appropriate section: Info means Out of Character, In Character means just what you think. Click the Info link by Group Roleplays if you want to make an additional OOC thread, such as a signup thread, or click the In Character link by Group Roleplays to create your IC thread. You'll be taken to the appropriate section and will have a Post New Thread button in the upper right of it; press that and make the thread. Then you'll want to copy the URL of that created thread, go back to your Overview, go in to edit it, and put the link in the 'Link to In Character thread' or 'Link to signup thread' text box down at the bottom as appropriate; this will create a linking button to the thread on the right side of your roleplay's Overview page.
  6. You're done!
For Chat Roleplays
  1. Follow the same directions as for 1x1 roleplays, except put it in the appropriate Chat Roleplay area. Your Thread tab will be your OOC thread, as with group roleplays.

Last edited:
NOTE: The "Roleplay" tab Jorick mentioned is now called "Thread" because a couple people were already creating new roleplays and putting the wrong info in there. D:

I must put up a notice with this link

I found it using one of my already saved threads, but how do you find libertine IC??

I seriously cannot find a way to get to it, just the ooc. Also how do I find bb codes now? You guys removed the tab.

Also how do I create a search for libertine search? Do I put it in the one on one search and just put libertine request??

Edited to reflect tab name change for minimal confusion.

Question, can I add more tabs? Other than Overview, Rules, Cast List, Update, Thread, IC, and Sign-up?
Like a tab for additional info that might not belong to any of these tabs? For example, I wanna make 'Building' tab.
Thank you ^^

so about my old rps that were going. It seems that my ooc has generated an "roleplay section" entry, but it doesn't seem connected to the roleplay that its for except that it shows up in the place where you enter in the link for the ic thread.
How can i fix?

nevermind, found the button after starring at it for awhile...:bsmile:

Last edited:
Question, can I add more tabs? Other than Overview, Rules, Cast List, Update, Thread, IC, and Sign-up?
Like a tab for additional info that might not belong to any of these tabs? For example, I wanna make 'Building' tab.
Thank you ^^
No, unfortunately custom tabs cannot be made at present. Diana tried a thing that was supposed to make that possible, but it was buggy and didn't work. Hopefully someone will make a working mod for that in the near future. Currently we're stuck with just Overview, Rules, Cast List, and Thread tabs with linking buttons to separate IC and Sign-up threads.
so about my old rps that were going. It seems that my ooc has generated an "roleplay section" entry, but it doesn't seem connected to the roleplay that its for except that it shows up in the place where you enter in the link for the ic thread.
How can i fix?
I'm not quite sure what you mean. Go make a new thread here in the help desk explaining further, with links, and I or someone else will try to figure it out and tell you how to fix it and/or use moderation power magic to fix it for you.
I have no idea what that means at all.....
Diana changed the name of the tab that is automatically created when making a roleplay. I edited the first post of this thread to use the proper wording, so people wouldn't be confused if they made a thread and saw a tab called something different than what I said it ought to be called.

Also, just saw this other post you made, so...
I found it using one of my already saved threads, but how do you find libertine IC??

I seriously cannot find a way to get to it, just the ooc. Also how do I find bb codes now? You guys removed the tab.

Also how do I create a search for libertine search? Do I put it in the one on one search and just put libertine request??
There's no easy way to get to just IC threads without going through an existing roleplay right now. Diana may change this to add links to the front page in the future, not sure what her plans are on that.

Uhhh, go report the missing bb codes thing in the bug report thread. If you can't get to it then that's a problem.

If you go to the Seeking One on One Partners area, there are subforums for Libertine and Liberteen. Create your search thread in the appropriate section.

• Thank You
Reactions: Hitomebore and Emi
Ok, I'm reasonably new here and I would like to make my first 1x1 partner search with plots and such in it.

My first question is, Where do I go to make the request? Is it in the Seeking one on one partners or do I go into the one on one role playing section to make the request?
The second is, those tab things you have under all of the comments you make. How do I put some of those in the partner request that I'm making?

Ok, I'm reasonably new here and I would like to make my first 1x1 partner search with plots and such in it.

My first question is, Where do I go to make the request? Is it in the Seeking one on one partners or do I go into the one on one role playing section to make the request?
The second is, those tab things you have under all of the comments you make. How do I put some of those in the partner request that I'm making?
The seeking one on one partners area is indeed the place to make a thread to list your things and find people to roleplay with

The things in my signature are accordion tabs. Hard to explain when typing on my phone, go here and scroll down to find the explanation of how to use them (along with a ton of other useful BB Code things).

• Love
Reactions: RoseOtrava
Thank you so much Jorick!

Thank goodness I saved my old thread this system seems kinda confusing

Hey, Jorick. After you post the thread. Can you change the name or will it be stuck on whatever you first decide to call it?

You won't be able to change it, but community volunteers and staff people will be able to change it if needed.

Is this also for "RP Want adds" too
Then making group rps? I am looking for the place to post my RP want adds <3

Is this also for "RP Want adds" too
Then making group rps? I am looking for the place to post my RP want adds <3
There is a section of the front page labeled Roleplay Search. You'll be best off making any sort of want ad in the appropriate section, though you can always go right ahead and make the roleplay and use its automatically created OOC for interest checking and sign ups and/or make a separate sign up thread as described in the first post of this thread.

Am still confused

GOT YA THANKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.