Reaching for His Dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.
While Vincent called the front desk, Corey forced himself to get it under control, taking deep breaths and wiping away tears with tissues. By the time he was asked what he wanted on his pizza, he swallowed before answering with, "Just mushrooms and olives. Nothing else..." Wringing his hands in his lap, he sighed softly, his chest feeling like it was crushed by a giant hand. Breathing felt difficult, though he was doing so just fine, and his heart felt like it was torn in two. Every time he closed his eyes, an image of Aaron would pop into his head, followed by a wave of sadness. He didn't let himself cry anymore, however.

In a few minutes, he had relaxed against the cushions of the couch, and looked a bit better. Still, his mind was a whirl with thoughts of Aaron, even though he was trying to make himself forget about him. I gave him everything, he thought to himself, closing his eyes to fend off more tears.

Vincent hung up the phone, and took a drag of his cigarette. He really shouldn't be smoking around him, but he was old enough to know that smoking was bad. Stay in school. Don't do drugs. He then took another drag, and blew it out. Corey was still so bad out of shape about him. How would he be able to cheer his sorry ass up? If Vincent was him, he would be happy by then. But he wasn't. Thank god.

It wasn't long till the pizza was there, and Vincent couldn't wait to dig in. He had a stomach that no one could could dare to match. He placed the two pizzas on the end table. and he opened the top of the box. " I think we have some paper plates somewhere... " He said to himself, as he put out his cigarette in the nearby ashtray.

"I'll go try to find them," Corey said, immediately standing up and making his way to the tiny kitchenette in the corner. Reaching up to open the cupboards, he searched through them, disappointed when he didn't find any. Sighing, he knelt down to search through the lower ones, opening two at a time.

As he opened the one beneath the microwave, he finally found them. Letting a sligh grin come to his lips, he got them out, tossing a couple Hardwell's way. Going to the end table, his stomach growled, and he deeply inhaled, finding how starving he was. "Mmm, I'm hungry," he said, the smile growing slightly wider.

Status
Not open for further replies.