Ray Heart (Completed/Finished)

Verity

Interactions: Gattas @TheEccentric | Solomon @Ur Degaton | Kaz @Skyhunter | Kyrian @slifer | Kieran @The_Queer_Alien

The evening (or early morning by now) didn't seem to stop sending them its bountiful surprises. The latest one came in the form of a loud explosion. Needlessly to say, Verity went to go take a look, albeit slowly and carefully. If someone was starting an all-out-guns-blazing fight out there, she sure as hell wasn't going to rush in. Such a fight wasn't what she found, however, as she instead ran into a trio of freshly roasted lads came rolling out of a sewer access point.

It was quite the peculiar sight, all things considered. That's when she recognized the three. "Ah, good morning. It seems like you three have been rather busy." She spotted several people were drawn to the scene, which wasn't ideal. "Alright folks, nothing to see here, please move along." Knowing that her words wouldn't be enough, she attempted to subtly influence the crowd by reducing any excitement or curiosity they might have towards what was going on, hoping to make it so that they'd be likelier to move on, rather than make a fuss.

Having no healing powers whatsoever, she decided she'd leave it to Kyrian to patch himself and the other two back up. While she was curious to peak into their minds and see what they'd been up too, she wasn't so cruel as to do so as they were still in their current state. Besides, she figured it'd be more important on focussing her magic on keeping the crowd disinterested. That's when she turned towards Gattas. "Would you mind helping us to get them off the street? Your establishment is close, isn't it?" While she wasn't sure about the other two, she at least knew that the healer was the type of person she'd want to help out in this kind of situation. After all, there were a lot of people that owed him a favour, so it'd be fairly advantageous to be someone that he owed a favour towards instead.

Kaz heard only a loud BOOM behind that had made his ears ring and sent him flying forward, landing on his face, once again and rolling across the pavement, Kaz vision was a little blurred as the ringing finally was able to die down. He tasted blood in his mouth which instantly woke him up, he pushed himself up to his knees again, the jacket and shirt he once was wearing, only tattered clothing now. Kaz spit out some blood onto the pavement and looked down at his clothes, seeing how useless they were now he then ended up ripping his shirt off very casually and easily. Exposing his scarred and banged body up. He felt like he had been rejuvenated momentarily before he was thrown forward. Kaz rubbed his head a bit where he had previously fallen. There was no bruise now, it didn't hurt. He felt like weight had been lifted off his shoulders and he didn't hurt as much.

Kaz looked at his arms seeing nothing wrong, only that his burnt arm was now a light shade of pink and red rather than the Crimson it once was. He let his arms fall as he looked over to his fallen allies, they looked a lot worst than he did, that damn healer must have healed him before the explosion happened. Kaz got to his feet. Still a bit wobbly, his eyes looked over what seemed like a crowd of people watching them in wonder. Kaz took a deep breath, moving back to his two hurt allies, almost stumbling as he tried to walk. Then he heard a voice beside him that sounded somewhat familiar, he turned his head to see. " *gasp* Pretty woman... " Kaz said with a happy or weird smile, who knew... Kaz moved down to one knee to rest his body, his eyes moved to see not only Verity, but Grattas too! " Gobbo!? Is that you! Oh yes, I was wondering if I'd see you again! " Kaz cried out with open arms but he only fell backwards on his back letting out a sigh as he realized how tired and hurt he was, but he was able to notice Solomon too. " Ugh... And the, uh, other fire guy... " Kaz let out a groan, not because he disliked Solomon, mostly because of how tired and exhausted he was it was hard to speak or think. Not that Kaz did much thinking anyways.

@Novama @Ur Degaton @Skyhunter @Elvario @The_Queer_Alien @TheEccentric

It had been awhile since Kyrian had truly been this badly injured- and he forgotten how much being this messed up actually hurt. His robes were dirty, his body felt like it had been through hell, but at least his supplies pouch had made it out perfectly intact. Saving the nobleman's heir had been well worth the extreme hassle- the pouch was worth Kyrian's own weight in gold. He sent a short prayer up to Kasm, mainly for helping the three of them get out alive- even though the archfey was stingy as hell with the magic he had given.

Well, he had done his job. He had gotten everyone out alive. Now, he had to make sure no one died from their injuries- least of all himself.
Kyrian addressed the Eldritch Knights, especially the one who Kaz was making heart eyes at (which wasn't surprising, considering Kaz wasn't exactly all there. The man wasn't a beacon of sense and logic). "Get us to a safe place, and I can patch the three of us up. Knight Verity, if you would be so kind as to give me a magical boost, I can make the process a whole lot faster. He'll tell you what happened while we were gone. If it's a room at an inn, I'll pay for it when I get everyone to a stable condition, least of all myself. Knight Solomon, I would also ask for your aid as well, to speed the healing process along. I would do it myself, but..." The whole escapade had been a waste, and he was back to being on a tight budget- as if he wasn't already. His movements were slow and wobbly like a tired old man's, but he managed to make his way extremely slowly to. Damn, he should have stayed at home today. All he wanted to do was sleep, but healing was the first priority- even at the cost to himself.
"Mr. Gattas, could you help me get to the place Knight Verity mentions? You are the most physically strong of the six of us currently. I'll find a way to pay you back. It never hurts to had a healer who brings people back from the brink in your debt." Kyrian asked the goblin. His body may have been ready to collapse, but his mind was still surprisingly sharp- and he could see that even though the goblin was small, he was lean muscled, and incredibly fit in proportion to his body. In comparison, Verity and Solomon didn't have the same look as Gattas did- even though their armor covered most of their body.

\/~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\/
Thorne Glowbrew
/\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~/\

Thorne honestly didn't expect the orb to roll off of the table and onto the floor. It didn't really matter if they took the orb, Thorne would much rather have his life if they simply took it and ran. It wasn't going to be that easy though, these guys were out to kill. This fact was evident by the tear in Thorne's side, barely missing the inner layers of his clothing. These guys were more trained to kill it seemed, while Thorne was more of a generalist when it came to the underhanded dealing of the mercantile. They might have researched his abilities before they arrived, which left Thorne with even less of an advantage if that was the case.

Thorne began his counter-offensive by slicing downwards at the assassin to his side, hoping to chop off his head in one swift blow, or at least injure him to a degree. The assassin was hunched over on the floorboards, so it might be difficult for him to dodge. With his other hand, Thorne released a crossbow bolt into the darkness. He wanted it to shift throughout the room, searching for the target with its momentum. He didn't need to be accurate, he just needed to figure out where this second guy was.

Kieran Crestwood
He/They​
download20210302224910.png
Mentioned: @slifer @Skyhunter
After being shot out of the sewer Kieran was able to think quickly enough to calculate his fall and land on their back, it still caused them major damage, but the adrenaline rush after running from the explosion was enough to have him catch up with Kyrian and Kaz, while still causing him some burns.

Once they were safe, Kieran started feeling the pain of his injuries. Taking every bit of his self-control to hold back any pained noises so he wouldn't be examined.

Kieran clutched their chest not because they were injured but because he seemed to be trying to adjust something that seemed to be under his shirt.

Kieran walked up to Kyrian who was telling everyone what to do. "Hey, Kyrian right?" He said, "is there anything for me to do?" He asked "I feel like I wasn't useful enough back there, is there any way I can help?"

Traipsing home always became a gamble for the average at this hour, since muggings and other vile crimes typically happen in such depths of the evening, but an explosion is certainly a rare sight even for the experienced Gattas. Eyes bulging in shock and confusion, his vision sharpened on the trio that exited the manhole, and his earlier passive face shifted to deep confusion. He recognized them, that's for sure, but never did he imagine meeting them again like this. He opened his mouth to speak, but closed it moments after as the crowds piled around and the Lady Verity from earlier came about to address the chaos that might've ensued if there weren't any Eldritch Knights around.

Hearing the chatter from around and the exchange between the group of interest, which he must unfortunately include himself in since his name was already pulled into the conversation, the goblin pinched the bridge of his nose with his single arm while a sigh just passed through his lips. The doors of the Cringing Cockatrice are always open to the weary and hungry, but he can't deny his preference of not having troublemakers into his tavern, especially troublemakers like these three. "
...Ah wonders what y'all had in yer mind ta think of boomin' up them sewers, but ah ain't inclined ta think right now, too tired. Them doors of mine be open fer y'all aight, but hafta promise me ya ain't gonna cause more troubles in me home. Else ah smack ya harder than that explosion did the fierce ta yer hides."

Watching the crowds again, he hoped they wouldn't think less of the Tavern-Inn for taking these rabble-rousers. The Eldritch Knights and the city's cleaners should be able to deal with the mess, but rumors and whispers travel faster than lightning when both ears and the eyes get a feast. Gattas shrugged internally and pointed a finger at the trio, a vaguely threatening voice escaping from his slightly pursed lips while his finger waggled, "
Ah means it when ah says ah'll smack ye, the lad yonder be right, could put me arm behind me back and ya'd still be gettin' a whoopin'. Wells then, Sirs Solomon an' Lady Verity, again ah'll be leavin' the cleanin' up ta ya."

With those words, he extended his hand and hooked his fingers around Kaz's shoes and just started dragging him along, not even waiting for the other two. Although they looked injured, they didn't collapse like this lug in his hand, so he trusted them capable enough to walk the rest of the way.

@TheEccentric @The_Queer_Alien @Ur Degaton

Kyrian tottered behind Gattas, his gait akin to an old man's, keeping himself up by the grace of Kasm and his own magic keeping him up.
Hopefully, Gattas's treatment of Kaz wouldn't hurt him any further, as that was time wasted- that could be used for sleeping.
"I promise I won't be exploding anything anytime soon, Mr. Gattas. That was mostly Kaz. The creatures down in the sewers are especially hungry, and we were their targets. Though please....be just careful enough with Kaz so he doesn't get any more hurt. The less hurt we are, the less time we would be staying in your inn."

The kid looked like he would pick up the concepts without too much difficulty, and whatever helped him go to sleep faster would be much appreciated. "Kieran, you look worse than I do. But when I bandage you up and if you don't fall asleep...you can assist me. It would make the process go a lot faster." A clean bed was calling to him, but first the three of them had to be cleaned, physically treated, and magically treated. He looked to Solomon, who seemed to radiate power- even more than Kaz. He passed by Solomon, hoping a magic question, even one as mundane as this would catch his attention- and hopefully he could help clean them up- which would save them time. "Knight Solomon...do you have a spell that can clean us up? It would be immensely helpful if I didn't have to clean everyone up myself. It would save me quite a bit of time and magic." For now, all he could do was walk behind Gattas and slowly meander his way to the inn that Gattas owned while he attempted to gather up a bit of strength.

@slifer

Solomon stared at the aftermath of the explosion with an exasperated look on his face. How many times has something strange happened on this day? He wasn't much of a believer in luck, but in this case he couldn't help but take everything as just being very bad luck. If things had just gone his way, he would've already been in his home, indulging in his arcane hobbies, alas it is not meant to be.

the sorcerer watched the situation play out with very little care or interest, until Kyrian approached him. He mulled over the merman's words for a second before shrugging and preparing to cast a spell. He stopped himself as he watched the boy limp away, clearly injured and on the verge of exhaustion. With a sigh and shake of his head he walked beside him and makes a rolling gesture with his wrist, levitating the boy like a balloon with only half the amount of helium.

"You're injured and in no condition to travel. I will clean you and your friends, but only after we reach our destination. Can't have you getting clean, then collapsing from your injuries and getting dirty once more."

The boy was resilient, far more than he let on. He could admire that, even if it was stupid to push yourself when extremely injured. He could heal the lot of them, but he'd leave them to their own devices. If the healer proved to be too weak to heal his friends, then he would step in, but until then he would just watch.

@Wiggin @ShiroKiyoshi @slifer @Elvario @Ur Degaton @Skyhunter @TheEccentric @The_Queer_Alien

( Getting close to a time skip perhaps. Kinda late at night. )

Despite the cold and Verity's best efforts, there was too much going on and too many people to effectively sway them all with her magic any a meaningful way. While some quickly got over looking at the devastation or the odd people that came out of the sewer covered in injuries, others continued to hang out or peek out their windows. Seemed like there was an instinctual motivation in the crowd to ensure they didn't miss a moment for fear of missing something important in their neighborhood. Whoever goes home early will surely miss out on what they will have to hear through gossip tomorrow. Their prying eyes lingered on the group as well as Solomon, Verity, and Gattas when approached by the injured Kaz, Kyrian, and Kieran.

A chill air kept the stink from the sewer at bay, but it also chilled Kaz to the bone. Kieran and Kyrian were also moist from their sewer hike and the cold air was especially uncomfortable. The filth, the breeze, and what remained of their clothes also stung their wounds. Fortunately, everyone agreed it was time to go. While Kaz was dragged away by Gattas, Solomon floated Kyrian and brought him too. All those making their way up the street would note the crowd of onlookers part to make way from them. At the head of the street was the Cringing Cockatrice. It's warm light and faint sounds of merriment were inviting to the weary group. As they traveled, the stench of half the party became particularly noticeable. The occasional moan and disgusted sound from a spectator make it clear it was not imagined and the light breeze was not sufficient depending on if they were down wind or not. Everyone except the night owls would be looking forward to getting cleaned up and sleeping soon...

Inside the Cringing Cockatrice:

"Shut up!"

"No you shut up!"

"Gonna make me?!"

"You betcha, bub!"

*violent sounds ensue*

Prior to the arrival of the party to the tavern, a brawl broke at, as they tend to do in a Mercantile patroned establishment. The lively common room was a large space with a circular bar in the middle surrounded by round tables. The main floor was divided between an upper and lower level with a difference in elevation of a few feet. Mugs of ale in varying states of fullness and abandonment littered the tables and floors along with scraps of food. Games of dice and cards were also abandoned as the brawl swept the room. The patrons that evening were mostly brawny, less washed, rough cut individuals. What women there were present were either cowering behind the central bar with the bartenders or they were part of the problem and being worse than the men who actively participated in the violence.

Despite the amount of fists and mugs sent flying, there were no casualties...yet. But damage to the tavern was starting to mount. One of the ceiling suspended chandeliers looked like it was gonna give as two halflings hung from it while slugging each other. A lizard folk picked up a whole table and chucked it, nailing a half-giant square in the face. He fell over, crushing another table and pinning a wizard who started shouting profanities and started casting fire magic. Those on the second floor and outside the main door created crowds that helped keep the rowdiness contained to the common room. The hired stuff were decidedly in need of the proprietors assistance.

69d86a60dae41b7b5f204bfbb4bf752b.jpg

Elsewhere in town,

Despite knowing, generally, where the assassin next to him was, Thorne's blade seemingly missed its target as his sword failed to make any meaningful connection while sweeping through the air. The assailant had quickly moved away after retrieving their weapon. They either had sharp battle senses or they must have had some way of sensing in the dark. Regardless, Thorne released his bolt and manifested his warping magic to keep the bolt in flight for as long as possible. Using a mental image of the room and his depth of familiarty with his own weapon and how fast the bolt would travel, he was able to keep up with the bolt for a few warps as he sent it randomly around the room. Trickets of glass shattered and metal on metal clanked before the eventual sound of bolt lodging itself in wooden wall gave the attack some finality.

Despite not having sight and having seemingly missed both his attacks, Thorne could feel the cool breeze of the night blowing into the store from behind him. He could also make out the dim green glow of the orb resting on the floor by Bones's counter. However, a new sound was added to the mix: the crunching of glass. All the commotion up to that point had littered the floor, like a minefield, with small noisemakers. Piecing together what he could to perceive their general location or path of attack, Thorne would be capable a more successful counter attack this time around, assuming he survived their renewed assault.

Launching themselves at Thorne, the assassins executed a cross- shaped attack pattern with both having blades out to scour the thief as they passed by. Both of their attacks connect, perhaps it was Thorne's plan to lure them in, but one left a glancing slice that nearly reached his body through his gear while the other successfully slice through, wounding Thorne's crossbow arm. His use of the arm will be somewhat hampered. (-4 health. Thorne will need some form of magical healing to recover fully from the wound) Unlike last time, Thorne knew exactly where they ran away to. If he feigned ignorance, he may open them up to a devastating attack.

e5b4476bee85b6511da855a5d9cf286b.jpg

Verity

Interactions: Gattas @TheEccentric | Solomon @Ur Degaton | Kaz @Skyhunter | Kyrian @slifer | Kieran @The_Queer_Alien

The dude with commitment issues referred to her as 'pretty lady' yet looked at her in a way that didn't exactly make it come across as a compliment. Even so, if that was the first thing he decided to say after nearly dying in a sewer, he deserved a reply at the very least. "Yes, hello~ You could also call me Verity, if you want."

Kaz went on to greet the others, so Verity just looked at Kyrian in confusion instead. "The best I'm able to do is make you think you've gotten a magical boost by trying to boost your confidence." She figured the man might've known her pretty specialized type of magic, but apparently he didn't. "Ah, wait. Was that what you wanted me to do? I guess I ruined that one." She wasn't sure if he wanted the lie or not, but in either scenario, that was out of the question after this short conversation.

Regardless, they were soon heading for the inn, after Gattas warned them not to make trouble. True enough, Gattas told them to do the cleaning up, but she had three counter-arguments. First of all, she was a lady. Secondly, Gattas wasn't in any power to command them. Thirdly, she had no clue how she'd even 'clean' up sewer remnants, charred marks and a blown-out iron door. The last of the three was the one that amounted for almost the entirety of the reason she ignored Gattas, leaving it up to Solomon to decide whether he'd want to attempt something on his own or not.

Were Kieran still in a walking state, she'd let him walk. Otherwise she'd take it upon herself to drag the smaller guy along. She wasn't rude enough to let someone lie on the street, covered in sewer water and burn-marks, after all. Even if that meant that she had to get in much too close contact with sewer-water or that she'd probable need to outright buy a new dress rather than attempt to wash the stench that might spread to her out of existence. The only positive was that they were somewhat cute, which made up for some things.

Sadly enough, they wandered into a scene that wasn't welcomed. Verity sighed, locating a few of the most violent and destructive looking bar goers and using her magic to dull their senses a bit. That should keep the damage down whilst Gattas and his staff were trying to get things under control. She couldn't help herself from mentioning the obvious to Gattas. "It seems like trouble found this place before we could. Is this a regular occurrence?"

\/~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\/
Thorne Glowbrew
/\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~/\

The attack that Thorne attempted as a desperate attempt failed spectacularly. The bolt he had tried to shoot made it somewhat mostly throughout the room, but not enough to give Thorne a clear indication of where his attackers were. They did come out of the shadows upon his failure though, slashing at him with their blades. One of the blades nearly hit his ribs, the other chipped his arm bone and left it weak. It was better not to use it, for it had the risk of being chopped off and would need to be reattached.

This setback had given him an advantage though, he now knew where the killers hid in the darkness. He was hurting, and at this point it would be difficult to prolong the fight with a head-on battle. "Alright, so you all want the orb right? I can-" Thorne began to say, but then warped the orb into his pocket dimension. He then went for an attempt at warping behind one of the assassins, slashing with his blade, and then repeating the process with the other. He finally tried to warp to the entrance of the shop and made a run for it into the street. Hopefully it would be able to give him a head-start to the chase and into a more open area.

Naeva's trained blue eyes pierced the darkness of the cramped alleyway with ease. Shadows covered the alleyway, yet she managed to see a rat scuttling forth from behind an empty crate to cross her path. She nimbly kicked it out of her way and watched as it skittered away into the darkness squeaking bloody murder. She paused as a hefty yawn distorted her face and her arms raised above her head to stretch her limbs, feeling the blood rush to her ears for a fleeting moment before resuming walking down her path. She couldn't wait to finally reach home and take a nice, long nap.

Naeva liked to walk this way; cramped streets like these were almost always devoid of people and it was difficult for her to be tracked through here. But soon the narrow walkway soon widened into a slightly less narrow alleyway with enough room for small storefronts to appear. The most peculiar stories sprung up around this particular street: stories of a magical shop hidden in one of these establishments spread among locals. Her interest in her surroundings piqued as she recalled this, and her eyes flitted about the scene as if-

Danger. A shiver ran down Naeva's spine as her intuition screamed in her ears. Her feet quickly traveled forth to conceal her behind a barrier, and she melded into the shadows as she had done so many times before. All the fatigue fled from her system as she waited in anticipation for another clue to what could have triggered such a wave of apprehension.

The sound of a battle met her ears. It was much further down the street, as the noise was faint. But it was unmistakable. Curiosity carried her legs closer and closer towards the noise until her common sense finally kicked in and she waited, hidden, several yards from the open door where the commotion was occurring.

"Alright, so you all want the orb right?"

Naeva's eyes widened as she recognized the voice of Thorne Glowbrew amongst the sound of fighting, unmistakably in peril. A new wave of adrenaline coursed through her bones as her hands reached down to grab the two small knives in her belt, ready to launch into action as soon as the opportunity showed itself.
---
Mentions:
@Wiggin

Last edited by a moderator:
@Novama @Ur Degaton @TheEccentric @Elvario
Kyrian felt himself be lifted from the ground- he was about to fight the action with magic of his own when he realized that Solomon was helping him- in his own way- which meant that the levitation was ok.
So he did the one thing he was trained to do as a medical professional- grab sleep wherever he could. Trusting Solomon's magic, he leaned back until he was parallel to the ground, hands behind his head- and promptly started to nap- clothes soaked and all. Solomon, being the most magical of the bunch, would see a hint of a wisp- a split second of an archfey placing a hand softly on Kyrian's head in a sort of caress before disappearing- a sign that his god was there, always watching- before disappearing in a golden mist.

It was at least fifteen minutes until they made it to Cringing Cockatrice (or an undetermined amount of time, but Kyrian wasn't exactly counting, as he was asleep), The moment Kyrian was placed on his feet he awoke with a start- evidently used to late nights and sleeping wherever he could and waking up at the slightest prompt. He felt a little better- like the exhaustion was barely held back by the nap he had just taken. Thank god he had taken that nap- he was going to have to do a hell of a lot of work inside the bar from the look of things. It took a second, but he shook some of the post sleep cold that came from a nap. Not that he was going to interfere unless necessary, and after the brawl- he wasn't an idiot. "You guys got this." Kyrian said, wanting to see Verity, Gattas and Solomon use their skills to break it up- and then he could do some post-fight healing once everyone was safe and not throwing punches. So while waiting, he shed his outer robe since it was dirty, revealing a somewhat cleaner under shirt and shorts that hadn't become disgusting. Hoping that Solomon could clean those later, he started to take care of himself- using his salves and herbs and bandages to make some sort of headway though his injuries. Take care of yourself before you take care of others was the foundation of healing, and he was looking messed up. Then, it would be time to care for Kieran, then Kaz, then anyone else who needed it and wasn't about to kill him.

As Kaz laid on the ground staring at the sky, thinking of how he got here, he remembered he followed the inexperienced kid into a tunnel that ended up almost being a trap. Kaz' body felt heavy and the wind brought a chill up his spine, for one his jerkin and jacket were both burned to tatters upon using a powered up inferno attack. Also him ripping it off because his body was hot from the explosion that had propelled him forward. The naive outlander did catch this pretty lady give her name. " Verity. What a nice name. " He was almost talking to himself but said it quietly enough for her to barely hear it as Kaz stared at the evening sky. His body felt heavy, he wanted a fight and some sleep. He noticed the small one armed goblin point his strange long finger telling him to cause trouble. Kaz? Causing trouble? No way. " Don't worry your pretty green head. I won't cause trouble. " Kaz laughed a little as he watched Grattas walk by and pick his feet up before dragging him across the pavement.

Now Kaz' body could tell stories, the man had many scars across his body from knife stabs, large gashes, bites, burns, some sort of weird mantis type patterns across his chest, his back being much worst than the front. And this was just his torso, even his face had slashes around his eyes along with tattoos. Anyways, as Kaz was being dragged across the pavement, he was letting out what sounded like groans of pleasure. The dragging felt very nice on his scarred back, " Wait, Gobbo, go a bit slower. This feels pretty nice... " Kaz requested but it sounded like it fell on deaf ears, after some time, Kaz could hear different sounds as he felt the pavement feel like hard wood flooring. And the sounds of a fight caught his attention, Kaz' head popped up to see many different people drinking in camaraderie and fighting. The fighting got all his attention, " Aww, gobbo! I'm touched! You brought me to a place where I can beat the shit out of people! " Immediately Kaz already forgot Grattas' warning from earlier.

Almost like the sound of fighting rejuvenated Kaz, he pulled his feet out of Grattas grip and quickly jumped up to his feet, anyone behind him would see his body was now scraped from the pavement along with the many scars that littered his body. The scrapes looked like they hurt terribly as blood was surfacing on his back. Kaz knelt down next to Grattas and even placed a hand on the small goblin's shoulder, Kaz placing his other hand on his own face, acting like he was crying. "
Gobbo... You do care. I'm so touched. " He lifted his head dropping the act and had a unsettling smile along with widen eyes that looked like his eyes was going to pop out of his skull. " Now allow me to kick some ass and shed some blood! " Kaz' voice had excitement in it, one of his eyes twitching. He would most likely do more than just fight these people. He would probably do worst.

@Elvario @TheEccentric

@TheEccentric
@Skyhunter

Solomon sighed at the rambunctious nature of the inn. How the goblin could keep up with the cost of damages was beyond him. Just from a glance he could tell the inn was adventurer-centric, with all sorts of warriors, heroes, and other colorful characters making up the portion of occupants. Come to think of it, he's never been to an inn that wasn't dominated by a violent lot.

He set Kyrian down and squeezed some water out of his robes, he was wet and dirty and he smelled like wet gryphon. He couldn't tell if it was him that smelled or his acquaintances, but that hardly mattered. He turned and looked to Gattas. "You have any rooms available for us? I'll need one if I am to clean us all. Can't exactly do it here." He explained while gesturing to the rowdy crowd of drunk adventurers. After all that had happened today, he just didn't have it in him to call out the crowd on their disrespectful bar habits, it would only lead to a fight and that was something he simply did not want while in the presence of the injured.

Solomon snorted at Kaz's comment.
"You will do no such thing you psychopath, we're here to get clean and rest, not to indulge in battle-lust. Let them be, this isn't our problem. Only if someone is killed will it be our problem, but you'd be surprised at how tough adventurers can be, they'll be fine." He said while pulling a glob of sewage out of his own hair.

Kieran Crestwood
He/They
download20210302224910.png

Mentions: @slifer @Ur Degaton @Skyhunter

when Kyrian mentioned bandaging him up, Kieran started sweating. "I don't think that'll necessary I'm fine," they said laughing nervously.

That is when the knight spoke, that they would be cleaned up, "I can clean myself" Kieran said gently but with a hint of a defensive attitude.

Much later once they were at the tavern Kieran's mind tuned out any commotion as he focused on his. They hid their hands in their pockets as they stared off into space with his jaw clenched as he tried to hide that he was shaking.

"By the way I never got to thank you" the half-elf said as he turned to both Kaz and Kyrian trying to distract himself from their anxiety "you guys offered yourselves up when I decided to go off, and Kaz, if it wasn't for you we'd be rat food"

As the knight ordered a room for the group, Kieran decided to cut in "excuse me? Can you make that two rooms" he said "I-I'll pay for the second one" their eyes avoiding the knight next to him.

@The_Queer_Alien

Kyrian may have been tired, but even as tired as he was he wasn't stupid. Kieran was hiding something- and he wasn't being subtle about it.
He sauntered up to the boy, leaning in to whisper to Kieran, lowering his voice so no one else would hear. "You're hiding something, and you're being quite obvious about it. I've treated all people of all genders, of all creeds, of all races, of all classes. I personally don't care what your secret is, but don't be an idiot and refuse help when you need it. I'll hold the offer open to you. I offer no judgement, just healing, counseling, and education." Kyrian didn't look back at Kieran, leaving the boy to digest what he said. Kieran didn't have to take him up on the offer, and it was no skin off his back if Kieran refused help. The boy wasn't dying, and thus could make his own decisions for himself. "Everyone did their best Kieran, and we made it out alive. You did find the exit for us, which Kaz and I could have missed." Kyrian assured Kieran, hoping the lad wouldn't be too hard on himself. His own part in the debacle wasn't as important, and frankly he was glad that somehow the blame would be placed mostly on Kaz.

The scene happening in front of Gattas, unfortunately, was not unsurprising for him. He doesn't particularly mind the fighting since he used to be quite the tavern brawler himself back in the day, and he almost always caused the most damage to the establishment they stayed at. One thing he learned though after becoming a father and an aspiring owner of a business: property damage is a bitch and a half to deal with, because expenses rack up easily unless you're the type of owner to ignore safety regulations. He'd love to ignore them, but his wife forcefully ingrained the significance of having an environment that isn't distinctly lethal or dangerous to its patrons. Luckily, he has his own means of dealing with his fellow Mercantile fellows, and that's to use the heavy fist.

Striding forward as he ignored the rest of the party, including the Kaz that was planning to cause bigger problems, the goblin just pushed his gut forward and shouted with foghorn levels of loudness, "
JUST CUZ AH WAS OUT FOH BUSINESS, Y'ALL TOOK ADVANTAGE OF ME NOT BEIN' HERE, EH? ALRIGHT THEN, USUAL RULES, FOLKS THAT GET CLOCKED ON THREE SOCKINS' HAFTA PAY FOR DAMAGES!", and perhaps not meeting the expectations of the party and the new faces in the tavern, the goblin immediately rushed forward to join the melee.

Instead of hastily shoving himself between hairy legs and sweaty hips though, the goblin clenched his teeth as the tattoo of a centipede crawled around his neck. Feet emitting a weak light, he jumped to the side on a pillar and walked along it as if he was walking on a horizontal plane. His feet magically giving him the power to walk on walls, he jumped over the crowd and immediately went for the bulkiest fellows he can find. Big boys usually get big jobs after all, and that means big money! His Gorilla Glove finally showing its worth as he grabbed towards the fellow's arm and attempted to swing the motherfucker at another motherfucker.

One rule that he always adheres to: the guy with the heaviest fist speaks the truth, and he'll use the heaviest guy as his fist!

@Wiggin @ShiroKiyoshi @slifer @Elvario @Ur Degaton @Skyhunter @TheEccentric @The_Queer_Alien @CaptainLiterally

( ... )

While those who wished it were eventually seen to by the staff and provided rooms for the night, those wishing or cajoled into participating in the brawl would find themselves with more than enough to contend with. The fight did not last long. Once Gattas arrived, the downward spiral began. Fellows too weak to hack it went flying or turned tail. Bigger guys quickly lost the desire to keep fighting as fewer and fewer individuals remained standing to entertain them. Meanwhile, most of the opportunists had stolen or abducted whatever it was they came for.

Beyond the groans and the fresh smell of blood and urine mingling with the old smell of ale, the floor, walls, and most of the tables sustained damage. This latest brawl would be a pricey fix. However, folks did not come to the Cringing Cockatrice because she was pretty. Some scrap wood, nails, and a hammer would likely be all Gattas would need to at least cover the holes and provide new, equally shoddy, seating.

Fortunately for the rest of the group that went up to the rooms to avoid the chaos, the rooms were modest but were in much better repair than the common room. While there wasn't a bed for everyone, there were beds for most. The waste buckets were empty and the walls were free of holes. Side tables with lanterns for light were provided, as well as chests for storage of goods over prolonged stays. Shuttered windows gave a few of the main street running in front of the tavern when opened. The beds smelled a bit musty but the sheets themselves appeared to have been washed. One noteable downside was the noise of the brawl came through the floorboards nearly unabated until the fight was over. Rest was possible but only if the chaos was kept to a minimum downstairs. Everyone was growing weary, so rest was tempting.

Elsewhere in town,

Thorne successfully retrieved the orb and warped behind one of the attackers. Despite his body damage, Thorne was able to slash the assassin's back, disabling the man and leaving him to collapse to the ground while writhing in agony. The thief had no time for mercy or stalling, however and dashed out the store into the dark, narrow street. In his flight, Thorne's stolen orb glowed faintly from his pocket.

Naeva, stealthily, would be able to get close to Bone's magic item shop and survail the place just as Thorne would make his get away. Dark as the street was, her black and white version of the scene would have a harder time of picking up details, but she could make out the dark blood that slicked Thorne's blade as he fled. Shortly after Thorne left the shop, a dark clad figure with a drawn sword followed close behind. Thorne looked as though he would be overtaken if things continued, but they quickly disappeared behind a corner. The cold air blew in Naeva's face for a moment and encouraged her to move to action....to at least go somewhere warm if she wasn't going to get involved.

Solomon took in a deep breath as he entered his room for the night. It smelt musty, but he'd slept in worse places. Camping in the Torvorian jungle on a research expedition was a less than pleasant memory. He closed the door behind him and set down the basin he filled with water from downstairs. He then took off his robes, armor, and leather bag, revealing a rather modest set of clothing beneath. A simple grey tunic, brown pants, and black boots. He looked no different than the average peon off the street, and no one would guess that he's apart of a prestigious order of peacekeeping warriors. The mage saw no purpose in vanity, yet his colleagues at The Order would disagree. People with political power often used expensive clothing, furniture, and trinkets as ways of flaunting their wealth in the faces of the masses. Honestly the only thing of any worth that he owned are his magical artifacts and his robes. Which he got while on an expedition in the east. He spends most of his money to further his research into the secrets of magic and its limitless applications.

Speaking of magic, after a short bout of stretching to get the kinks out of his muscles from today's events, he walks over to the basin. Unstrapping a pouch from his belt, he opened it up to reveal a multitude of different colored crystals and vials containing both viscous fluids and powdered substances. He takes a small vial filled with a pink liquid and pours it into the basin. It acted almost like food coloring, expanding like smoke immediately upon contact with the water. He then took out a milky white crystal about the size of a marble and dropped it into the basin with a resounding plop. The crystal made a sizzling sound, almost like meat being cooked on a grill. The pink water started to bubble as the crystal quickly dissolved, and after about thirty seconds the bubbling died down. What was once clear and debatably clean water, was now a basin filled with a warm pink concoction with white soapy suds swirling around like clouds. He walked back over to the bed and dug around through his pack for a handful of empty vials. Once retrieving the items in question, he walks back into the basin and fills them with the pink water. He pours some of the water in the first vial on himself. The reaction is almost instantaneous as the pink liquid condenses into a thick slime and crawls all over his body like a living creature. The conscious liquid absorbs all of the sewage and nastiness that clung to his skin, literally eating his filth away. After it's finished, the slime vibrates softly before dissipating into pink vapor, leaving him not only clean, but dry as well. He then poured the rest of the liquid from the first vial onto his robes, with the same results. Satisfied with his work, he gathered up the rest of the vials containing the potion and walked out of the room, intent on giving everyone affected by today's events a share of his creation.

Last edited: