Ray Heart (Completed/Finished)

\/~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\/
Thorne Glowbrew
/\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~/\

"Ah well… that didn't seem to have the effect I wanted…" Thorne muttered again. From the distance he was at, it made sense that he would only be able to get a few of the weapons. He also hadn't quite expected these ruffians to be carrying around multiple weapons, as they seemed somewhat like muscle heads that only depend on one type of weapon. He needed to have this battle wrapped up soon, since it looked like there were going to be reinforcements for the eldritch knights in battle, and that would mean it would be more difficult to steal from the museum. He couldn't quite kill the cleaner that was fleeing, seeing as he was just a bystander.

Thorne let out an annoyed sigh, he might as well drop one of the weapons he had stolen off by the demoness. It would at least make things more interesting if the woman that was getting attacked would enter the fight somehow. Like before, the air rippled around one of the blades next to him and eventually imploded in on the object, having it soon appear next to the demoness. Hopefully she would get the idea that the shimmering blade would be for her to use. "Oh, and I guess I should give a present to you as well…" Thorne commented, doing the same trick and trying to equip John with a weapon. Thorne didn't want to get too involved in the battle, seeing as it might blow his cover and make the eldritch knights ask some… unwanted questions.

Solomon glanced at the goblin newcomer in confusion but didn't say anything as more pressing matters needed tending to. He couldn't say he was surprised that the mercenaries would attack, but thankfully the stranger's electric abilities allowed them to defend themself.

the sorcerer snarled at the mercenaries before looking down at his flame covered hands. He took a deep breath before molding the flames into a sphere, similar to how one would mold a snowball. At least, it would look like that to anyone unfamiliar with fire based magic, but what he was really doing was creating a vacuum around the fire to give it its shape. There were a thousand ways to conjure a fireball spell, but the vacuum method in his opinion was the most effective at creating explosive results. Since there were so many people involved in this situation, he wouldn't pour a lot of mana into his attack as to avoid harming the innocent. The fireball was strong enough to cause combustion, but not explode. He wasn't worried about you museum catching on fire since there wasn't a lot of wood to be burned, just a lot of stone, marble, and other hard materials. He grasped his hand as to steady his aim, and fires the sphere of flame at the mercenaries. His intention was to catch their clothes on fire to distract them, thus making them easier targets for the others to pick off.

@Ur Degaton @Wiggin @ShiroKiyoshi @slifer @Skyhunter @Elvario @TheEccentric

While Verity and Gattas gave their attempts to settle the matter without further violence, Solomon's flames consumed one of the attackers, reducing him to cinders in mere moments. His flailing form barely let out a whimper before he died. The splash of embers managed to catch a couple of the victim's allies. As the magical fires spread on their light armor, they immediately fled in terror screaming as they swatted at the fire and tried to remove their equipment.

The fight was over as soon as it had begun, but the animosity generated in those brief moments would have lasting effects. Reduced in the number of fighting capable men and their apparent leader only passively clutching at his bleeding hand while glaring at everyone, the men that stormed the museum had little choice but to flee and shouted curses as they went. The leader, especially angry, shouted,

"We'll get you later, Hellspawn!"

Kyrian was stopped short of reaching the demonness by one of the guards that was spared by Kaz's efforts. The brigand Kaz dealt with was laying on the ground along with a couple others who had been dealt with by the baronness's defenders. The weapons that suddenly appeared by John and the Lady were no longer necessary.

With the excitement resolved for the moment, the museum staff started to poke their heads out and see what had happened. Meanwhile, the demonness was being herded by her defenders towards the door before anything else undesirable happened. They did not appear to be a mood that would allow any of the people who assisted them close to their charge. However, she made them stop short of the door. She was incharge and she made that apparent as she stepped back toward those who aided her.

"I am Baroness Maspira VonRichten. I'm thankful for your assistance with this matter. Should you need a favor or work, you'll be able to find me at Lean Maple Inn for a time. Excuse me,"

She finishes with the bow of her head and turns back to her guards who quickly encircle her to walk her out.

bfa7a6720e67b047ed86bae3cd5aaa5f.jpg

Kyrian stepped out in front of everyone, dropping his hood so that everyone could see his face. This was his part of the fight, after the adrenaline was slowing down and the brutality of fighting was over. His magic on Verity and John disappeared, leaving what magic was left for any wounds that bandages and salves and any medication could not fix.

"Baroness Von Richten, everyone here, my name is Kyrian Zamir, and I am a healer. If anyone is hurt, I can provide aid before you leave." Kyrian offered, his voice carrying with ease throughout the room to anyone who could hear it. That was skill one had to learn when there were people to be saved- sometimes a healer had to make themselves be heard. He would take out his supplies and care for whomever stepped up and asked him for help- his various herbs and salves and plants were helpful- combined with his advanced know-how of the art of healing- only using magic when absolutely necessary. At the end of taking care of everyone, he would check the fallen soldiers to see if any could be saved from death. He had to try and save them on principle, though there were benefits to having one soldier alive- to glean any information about this whole debacle- the mystery of why soldiers came to murder Baroness Von Richten.

Verity

Interactions/mentions: Solomon @Ur Degaton | Kyrian @slifer | Kaz @Skyhunter

Verity was more than a little confused when the goblin started hyping her up as if she was about to join a wrestling match, especially considering she didn't have much in the way of brute strength or magical power to back-up any of the claims made about her. With some luck, the bluff would work out for better, or maybe Solomon's reputation could carry the both of them.

Upon hearing her name, she turned to spot someone who's name and reputation were enough to warrant being on the person of interest list as an infamous healer. Kyrian's presence was a welcome one at least, for it meant the chance for random deaths was decreased significantly. Well, that was the hope. Her wrongfulness was shown in its full gory glory when Solomon burned one of the attackers to ashes. Unless this guy as a phoenix, there wasn't much of healing left for that one.

Verity wondered if she was partially at fault there. 'Should I have told him to include people's lives as things that are valuable enough not to burn?' While he stopped the battle, he likely only started the war. She sighed and turned towards Solomon. "I fear that might've just given them an even stronger conviction to finish what they started. Ah, on the topic, I guess I'll take a peak to see if I can find out why they were even here. Surely they hold some sort of grudge against the baroness if they're willing to go this far."

Those who knew her would realize what she meant by 'taking a peak', as she went towards the brigand Kaz had taken down. The guy was knocked pretty unconscious though, so she'd need Kyrian's aid. "Would you mind bringing this one back to the world of the conscious? I'd like to interrogate him." While waiting on the healer, she made sure the guy was unarmed and figured she'd ask the one that knocked him out (Kaz) for his aid as well. "Ah, mister, would you be as kind as to restrain this brigand?"

Once Kyrian had brought the guy back, Verity would work her magic and pry into the guy's memories by placing her hand upon his head. "So, why did you guys decide to attack the baroness?" Whatever he replied would be trivial, as simply asking the question would make even the most experienced liar think about the answer and it were his thoughts that she was after, not his words. She'd dig around a little for any memories relevant to why they had attacked the baroness and to see if she could find anyone recognizable in this man's memories. Anything she could find about the who, what and why was welcome information.

Kieran Crestwood
He/They
download20210302224910.png

Kieran witnessed the whole fight from a distance. At first, he wanted to help, seeing that most of them were from his faction, but with their limited (or should I say lack thereof) fighting experience, they figured he was more useful getting out of everyone's way. Once it was over and the healer announced himself, the half-elf realized to make themselves useful and carry the injured to the healer.

The task found itself harder than Kieran thought, as he went up to an injured man, threw the man's arm over their shoulder, and struggled to lift. Once he reached the healer, tried their best with what little upper body strength he had to keep the man up.

"Excuse me, this man looks like he needs immediate help," he said to the healer.

Once the demoness walked up to the healer asking if she could interrogate a man that was unconscious. Kieran could tell right away she was a knight. Kieran knew how corrupt knights could be, which made him warry of this woman's request.
"How are you going to interrogate him," Kieran asked suspiciously, trying to keep any aggression out of their tone.

Last edited:
Thorne Glowbrew

"Well that's just…" Thorne began to mumble, slightly annoyed that the fight ended so fast. He didn't really provide all that much assistance and he would have liked to cause a little more chaos to create a distraction so he could steal something, but now he just had two knights hanging around. No matter, he had dealt with way worse to be honest.

Thorne continued to scurry his way along the roof's carvings, making sure as to not drop any pebbles onto the people below. He eventually made it to his target. Below him was A large glass orb, about the size of a bowling ball, and the internal glass part was swirling with some type of dark green smoke. There were rumors of this being magic? It seemed pretty apparent from the green smoke inside it. Thorne waited for people to not be looking before warping the object up to himself. Hopefully the two knights were sufficiently distracted by the demoness woman to not notice the sudden disappearance of one of the museum's displays.

The sleeves of Kaz' jacket had stopped smoldering from the usage of his lightning abilities. Upon seeing these, what he would call, bandits run off yelling out their threats that they would get the demoness eventually. It brought excitement to the naive native, perhaps he would get to fight some more soon? Only time would tell. Kaz took a step back to allow the guards and demoness by, hearing that if they needed work to go find her at some inn. Whatever that meant... But he found a opportunity to find some work! The Native was gleaming with pride and excitement!

Eventually he brought himself back seeing that there a few bodies here and there, nothing new to him. Hell even a few of the bandits were turned into ash due to one of the knights, he wondered how his fire skills would match up to his... Kaz orange eye glowed slightly, thinking about it caused him to smile and begin to fuel his aggression. " Hmm... " he muttered as he clenched his fists together, they emitted a orange glow about to spark into flames. Luckily he turned his head and let go of his aggression to see his parchment on the ground ripped up in the sudden scuffle just a few moments ago. " Aww... My letter. " the Native complained quietly kneeling down to pick it up. In the corner of his eye he noticed someone walk up to him which piqued his interest, turning his head to look up what he would describe as a 'lovely but weird sight' of a woman (Verity). He hadn't seen many beast kin before so this was a new experience to him. Dropping and forgetting about the useless letter, he stood straight up having a weird smile on his face " Yes, I can. " Kaz was trying to act normal although acting normal was a bit strange. Looking at Verity for what seemed like a few moments, he walked pass her and to the unconscious man that laid on the floor, observing the body, they had burns from the electricity he inflicted upon him.

Kaz stood up and placed a foot down on the man's chest with one hand raised up as it emitted lightning, his blue eye glowing again, hearing some random man behind him ask how they would interrogate the bandit. (Kieran) " Why with fear of course! " The native said like it was natural, Kaz' lightning soon turned to a bright orange flame that engulfed his hand, not seeming to harm him or burn his clothes. His orange eye glowed brightly while his blue one dissipated " I'd answer the kind woman if I were you. " his tone changed to a darker one, but from what it seemed he wasn't going to hurt the actual person, but just deliver fear into them. Eventually Kaz stepped off the man's chest, although his hand was still on emitting the orange flame, showing the brigand that he had no where to go.

Watching the ruffians run off with their tails between their legs gave Gattas a reason to smile, but the fact that someone just got turned into a literal ash pile in front of him left a bad taste in his mouth. Not because of the death that just transpired, but rather the fact that he was both present and flashy when he tried to give the folks a bit of his salt. Inside his mind, he was having a formal scene where a smarter him was berating his dumber him, but that's just one of the ways he goes over his own mistakes and regrets, and mere seconds later, the gravity of the scene washed over him. The tattoos along his face and neck didn't take too long to make themselves scarce, and his axe only required a flip of the hand to push back into his palm. Still though, the name of the Baroness was something he found significant to take note off, perhaps use as a possible avenue to advertise his tavern when the time came. With age, he's been spending more time in his own head, and although that's good and all for business and family, it still ain't him. Shaking his head, he quickly turned towards the lot who've started to surround the fellow prone on the ground.

"That was a wee bit excessive in me honest thinkins', but already thunk too hard, won't be botherin' meself of it", giving a slight chuckle, he then moves forward to get a better gander at all these folks around him. Ain't always a common sight seeing folks of this kind of cloth to mingle, after all. Though his peace of mind quickly started to shrivel like a dwarf's hopes after hearing there wouldn't be alcohol. Watching the fellow with a burning hands (Kaz) go to such extents of intimidation made him furrow his brows, seeing it as a reminder of his wild and unrestrained youth. Raising his arm to chop at the tense atmosphere, Gattas quickly spoke up in a slightly exasperated tone, "Ah know it be a fun an' easy way tah get inta his turdhead, but ain't a good way ta look good. Missy Verity's magicks should be enough ta do the works. Let 'em professionals do their work, lad."

Solomon looked around the room at everyone present. He did not quite understand why so many extraordinary people were present during the brief scuffle. He'd never seen a goblin in person before, so he was a bit put off by Gattas' presence. Nevertheless he agreed with the green skinned man, Verity's investigative magiks were more than enough to find out the reasoning behind the mercenaries attack. Though he would enjoy seeing the uncouth cretin suffer a more "conventional" interrogation at the hands of the lightning user, he valued efficiency over primal urges much more.

"Nobody shall leave this building. As of now you are all witnesses and thus are subject to similar interrogation as our little friend here." He said while gesturing to the unconscious mercenary. "If I see any of you leave, I and knight Verity will see to it that you are all sent to the courts for necessary processing. And quite frankly, I don't plan on spending my Saturday filling out paperwork. So do me a favor and cooperate"

Solomon then turned to Kaz, hands put formally behind his back. "Lightning bearer, I believe Verity has this covered, though if the man's mind is too strong willed for her magic, then you have my permission to interrogate this man the old fashioned way."

If push came to shove, torturing a man for information would not reflect well on the knights reputation. He didn't care much for their overzealous sense of righteousness. But if word got out that he enabled a man's torture, the other knights would be breathing down his neck like a pack of timberwolves. And that was something he absolutely did not want to deal with.

Last edited:
@Wiggin @ShiroKiyoshi @slifer @Elvario @Ur Degaton @Skyhunter @TheEccentric @The_Queer_Alien

(note that unless specifically and solely waiting on me, please post as often as needed during a round so conversations can happen or character to character exchanges can occur)

Of the dead or dying men that attacked the baroness, Kyrian was only able to "save" the knocked out man from a more critical condition. The man bleeding out on Kieran quickly became even more dead weight than he was already and his heart and gurgling breathing stopped. Although the man Kyrian helped was conscious again, he was clearly "seeing stars" as his eye lids opened to reveal severely bloodshot, unfocused eyes that swirled in his head. On the brink of consciousness, the man would prove unreliable for verbal answers for some time. He seemed unaware or at least unaffected by Kaz's intimidating.

Once Verity was able to get into contact with the semi-conscious man and start asking her questions, thoughts would start to seep into her consciousness from his. They swirled and danced in her mind, lacking the concrete visuals that came with focus. Like a dream, the thoughts streamed through like a flood of events not needing to abide by sense, logic, or the known laws of reality. As expected, the mind reading was unable to get any useful information while the host was in such a scatterbrained straight. The man would likely be ready for another round of questions after a few hours at least or a good night's sleep in Ray City's dungeons beneath the Eldritch Knight HQ.

As the party gathered, they were approached by one of the ranking scholars on duty that evening. Despite being more composed than his colleagues who still scurried about, he seemed fatigued and weary of the motley crew.

"Excuse me. I'm Assistant Director of Restoration and Preservation here at the Life Museum. Could someone explain to me what has happened here? My staff are anxious to get back to work or to go home and we were hoping for a time estimate...."

The man's stiff and monotonous words were suddenly cut off by the audible magical alarm that started to go off throughout the building. The assistant director looked suddenly concerned as he turned to look back at a corridor leading deeper into the museum.

Elsewhere...

Thorne had successfully acquired the orb that now glowed softly green in his possession. It was lighter than it appeared. However, within moments of the theft, the building's alarm spells triggered and sounded off. Of the defensive precautions valuable objects may have placed on or around them, the alarm magic was one of the most basic, sounding off as soon as something they are cost on goes missing from the designated space. Commonly the alarm spell alerts all those present as well as local law enforcement. Other Eldritch Knights would likely be arriving soon.

As Kaz was able to calm himself down, the flames extinguishing like a strong breeze over a barely lit campfire. His orange eye dimmed and the almost confused man shook his head, rubbing his eyes with a hand, he heard a voice behind him talking to the outsider, Kaz turned rather quickly thinking to be talking to someone at his size, but seeing no one the confusion only deepened, until he looked down to see a one armed goblin (Grattas) talking to him. Kaz' eyes widen, ignoring whatever was said to him, proceeded to kneel down to the goblins level " Oh my, you are just the cutest little thing I've seen. " Kaz impulsively put. " You're definitely a different cut than the usual cave ones I've seen back home. " The most noticeable thing about this strange, unintentionally offensive outsider was his eyes being completely different colors and the tattoos mixed with carving scars around his eyes.

" You're even wearing a outfit! I don't usually see gobs in that type of grab. They usually just wear clothes around they waists and wield spears while chanting gibberish. Probably saying they will rip my skin off for their dinner. " Kaz brought a hand up to his face, tapping his chin with a finger a few times as if he was thinking, it doesn't seem like he was actually trying to he racist or offensive but rather he was just a idiot and didn't know when to really shut his mouth, it also showed his inexperience, especially with how he looked as well, he wasn't from around here either. " Your arm is gone too! Wow. You have to tell me how you lost that- " As quickly as he got distracted, Kaz stood straight up when he saw a scarred man stand in a more... Formal position (Solomon) call him lightning bearer " That's Kaz Bloodhawk to you, stranger. " Kaz pointed a finger at him in a more heroic and animated stance but he beared a cocky smile on his face.

Then Kaz realized this was the man who he watched use his fire powers to obliterate a couple of men to ash, he wanted to know that knowledge... " Wait... You turned those other strangers into ash. That was a pretty scary sight! " Kaz had a excited look on his face " I wanna see how you could handle me in a fight- " But just as Kaz began to attempt to challenge a Eldritch Knight to fight, the alarms went off throughout the museum which certainly caught Kaz off guard, his orange eye began to glow brightly, taking a fighting stance with both hands up ready to defend and strike while standing wide to balance himself and be able to move quickly of needed too. Both his hands and forearms were engulfed in a bright and hot orange flame " What in the Great Ones is that! " Kaz was ready to attack but he quickly collected himself and the flames died out and he stood straight up " Wow... This city is weird. " He looked excited again, this man can switch personalities very quickly.

Solomon raised his eyebrows at Kaz's "eccentric" mannerisms. While he himself knew many forms of magic, he wasn't particularly powerful in any given field. His strength came from casting many different kinds of spells to keep his foes off guard, and to make himself unpredictable. If he were to try and best a fire magic specialist in a battle of raw inferno power, he wouldn't fair too well. He did have a lot of raw magical power, but he didn't allocate that power into any singular magic type like others did.

Before Solomon could give the hyperactive man a response, the magic alarms went off in the museum. He scowled at the blaring noise and turned to Verity. "It would seem the fun has just begun. Perhaps one of the mercenary's stuck around." He sighed in discontent, wondering why so much weird stuff was happening all in one day. Usually all the outlandish things were spaced throughout the week, but it seemed that fate decided to mash it all into one annoying situation. But he didn't believe in fate nor other superstitious nonsense that people believed in. Which was ironic considering what he practices. Yet magic was a proven teaching, but fate was just the poor man's way of justifying the terrible things that befell them.

Watching the young ragamuffin in front of him babble and bumble about things he's long gotten accustomed to, Gattas just gave a sigh at what he assumes to be the condescending attitude of Kaz. He's an old gobbo though, anything the lad said or would say about his race is just hair on the ox's back. Ain't the first time he's handled overt folks who're thick-skinned enough to address him so openly about his kin, but it's still annoying nonetheless, especially since he believes himself a pariah from his cavern-residing family. Well, maybe Pariah is too strong a word, mainly because he could easily become a great chief in the depths with his current strength.

"
Ah appreciate yer... regards for me looks, ain't an excuse ta ramble yer thinkin's away in front o' me. Would ya feel dandy if ah said yer ogglers remind me of a cannibal partyin' with a family o' dryads? That yer tattoos and scars make ya look like a clown in a society?", the goblin responded with a grumbling tone, though he did nod in appreciation seeing how strong the lad was with his magicks, despite Gattas' conservative views on using them so... destructively. He likes his wife's magicks more, more subdued and less flashy, keeps things mellow. Bright lights and fancy sounds only brought disaster in the depths, and the sparks and cinders Kaz used would serve to be a determent but more a signal for the monsters around Gattas' old tribe.

Just as he was about to admonish Kaz more, a familiar face came stalking towards their group. Introducing himself as the Assistant Director, Gattas tried to hide a wry smile but wasn't able to do so. He remembered meeting the fuddy-duddy some time back, and it seems that formal and monotonous way of communicating still stuck on despite the criminal situation. Nodding within himself for the man's dedication to his occupation, Gattas was planning to lighten the mood by prodding at the man's dry approach, but the alarms quickly dissuaded him of that.

Giving a massive and exasperated sigh, he's been doing that more as of late, Gattas glared at Kaz's antics, then the Eldritch Knights, and his gaze finally landed on the Assistant Director with a pout on his green face, "Ah 'member tellin' ya somethin' somethin', that a blessin' comes alone, but a calamity brings the entire fuckin' brood. Ah'll give ya a discount on yer next drink, seems like yer gonna need it."

It had been quick work for Kyrian- checking each body with clinical efficiency, seeing if they were worth spending time on. He couldn't waste his breath on the dead- he was but one person. Mortal healing- as he liked to call it- could only do so much. He could check a man's pulse, check to see if he was still a living, thinking creature, and uses his herbs and bandages to heal the body, but it had a limit to what he could do without needed time. It had taken a vial of smelling salts waved under the guard's nose to wake him up. He was on the fence about Verity's magic, as the man didn't seem to be 100% there, but they needed the information, so he had okayed Verity's mind-probe. That had turned out to be a mistake- the man needed more time to come to- time that he wasn't sure they had. "I'll try to heal him, but if this doesn't work, that's it. Healing is delicate. You can't force something like this. If this doesn't work we can come back to ask questions in a few hours, or after a good night's sleep." Kyrian said clearly to Verity, as the patient's condition and what he could do wasn't up for debate.

It was time to lay on a little divine intervention on the man. Kyrian gently placed both hands on each side of the man's head, whispering words of power that he knew would release the magic gifted to him. Golden light shone from his hands, entering the man's head, hopefully healing him enough to coax his mind back to consciousness- at least enough for Verity to try to mind-probe him again. The golden color of his magic had been his patron's joke- calling it a "saint's colors"- but ironically enough- looking like a healing saint who had descended on high to help had mostly served to help him- as did most of his patron's "jokes." Either way, the light had the same vibe as a mother's warmth, sunlight filtering through a window and warming what it touched, something surprisingly light and filled with joy- which is what anyone he healed would feel the moment his magic interacted with them.

Now that the fight was over and everyone was confirmed alive, dead, or healed, Kyrian had time to look at some of the others- to form an opinion of those in his group- the split-second decisions he was used to making on the fly to save lives.
Solomon the Knight seemed stand-offish, but from what he knew about the Knight, he was an extremely proficient mage, which could be helpful in the future in terms of his magic. The knight Verity and the smaller goblin man seemed to be reasonable folk- the small goblin man had at least tried to talk to the attackers before going ham on them. The newer boy who had joined in...he did not have much of an opinion of the boy yet, not having seen what he would do under pressure. Kyrian looked to Kaz, thinking it was clear that there was something...off about the other man. He had interacted with many different types of people from all walks of life, and Kaz stood out to him in a way that wasn't particularly pleasant. He made a note in his head to try and help Kaz, maybe give him strategies and ways to maybe make him less dangerous to everyone around him. Maybe he would try to frame it as an increase in strength- a healthy mind generally helped create a healthy body. Either way, Kaz was a concern that would have to be addressed in the future. His aim was to be as affable and personable as possible with everyone-up to a point.

His thoughts were broken up by the arrival of middle management- a man with power but was only so high up the food chain. The benefits of not being the party face was that he could sit to the side and let the knights deal with the man. In his opinion, everything was going smoothly- until an alarm rang deeper in the museum- signaling something was happening. He could easily form an idea of what could cause an alarm to go off like that in a museum. "Either something broke, or a thief stole something. I doubt your cleaners make the alarm go off like that so easily." Kyrian commented idly, the Assistant Director's glance back all the tell he needed to support his hypothesis.

@TheEccentric @Ur Degaton @Elvario @Skyhunter @Novama @The_Queer_Alien

Verity

Interactions: Kaz @Skyhunter | Gattas @TheEccentric | Kyrian @slifer |

Verity needed little more than a poke into the mostly unconscious man's brain to realize she wouldn't get much from him, so she was quick to withdraw and save her energy. Some weird kid (Kieran) had tried interfering, but she didn't consider him worth her attention as he was rude enough to think of her as a demoness for some reason. If anything, she was only annoyed that the guy tried dragging her interrogation target towards Kyrian, rather than simply waiting for the healer to take a few steps over to them.

Another hint of annoyance was sparked by Kaz, as he was going a little overboard with what had been asked of him by deciding to 'aid' her investigation. The goblin, unpleasant as he may be to look at, stepped in before she could correct Kaz. She figured she'd at least confirm his words. "The goblin is correct. I only need some help restraining him, if you would be so kind." The further conversation between Kaz and Gattas was one she didn't exactly wish to interfere with.

Instead, she listened to her colleague, who was surprisingly quick to take charge. Verity didn't mind it all that much, as it allowed her to focus on the actual investigation instead. The only thing that stung was the fact that he decided to keep Kaz as a second option in case she'd fail. As if a random brigand like this would be too strong willed for her. The only thing that kept his mind a secret to her was his unconscious state of being.

The latter was finally resolved when Kyrian tried healing the guy. Upon success, she'd offer him a word of thanks. "Thank you." Afterwards, she'd return to her previous plans, now that the guy was conscious. "Well then, where were we? Ah, right, could you please tell us why you were attacking the baroness?" Hopefully having been granted a conscious mind to plant the seed in this time around, she'd once again keep track of this thoughts and dig around for any memories relevant to why they had attacked the baroness, as well as checking if she could spot anyone recognizable in this man's memories related to this incident.

Regardless of whether or not her attempt to read this man's thoughts worked, she'd reply to Solomon next. "I doubt it's one of them. With the baroness gone, there is little for them to gain here. It's likelier that someone tried to make use of the chaos to vandalize or steal something, or that someone simply screwed up their daily routine due to this distraction. In either case, we should get our story straight for when our colleagues come running. We might be able to skip some the paperwork if we're prepared." She wasn't sure how much she had in common with Solomon, but at the very least, she was pretty sure he hated wasting time on paperwork as much as she did after hearing his earlier speech.

She figured she'd counter the Assistant Director's question with a question of their own. Due to the baroness' status and the unusual time of visit, she likely made an arrangement before coming here, of which someone like the Assistant Director should be aware. "Do you know why the baroness decided to visit the museum today? The time of day suggests it was more than simple sightseeing, after all."

Thorne Glowbrew

Triggering some sort of alarm was a given as Thorne had no way to detect or even dispel the magic that created it. Thorne had dealt with that before, and each time he had concluded that running away was the best option. A full confrontation wasn't good, as it might cause unwanted questioning and an obvious arrest, and he would rather not spill innocent blood in the mix to escape that fate.

"That was faster than expected!" Thorne chuckled to himself, spinning the orb on his finger until it eventually was warped into his pocket realm. "Now, to the matter at hand!" He said, turning and blinking in and out of existence. If anyone looked up they would see a shadowy figure appearing and then disappearing, each warp taking the form closer and closer to the exit. Some may recognize the unique technique that Thorne was using and may know him by one of his aliases, but that wouldn't provide much info other than his reputation in the darker parts of the mercantile.

Kieran Crestwood
He/They
download20210302224910.png
Mentions: @Elvario @Skyhunter @slifer

The man that Kieran carried became heavier and heavier, as he struggled with his weight. Knowing the man wouldn't make it, they lowered the man down on the floor as gently as possible, out of respect for the dead. They looked at the knight woman with wariness but figured that she didn't seem like she was gonna torture the man or use any unethical methods. If anything he seemed more concerned for the native man, but they figured he was harmless.

He took off his jacket that had a major bloodstain on the left shoulder from carrying the injured man. thankfully none of the blood got on the shirt or else he'd have to take it off.

And the last thing they want is for people to see what's underneath their shirt.

He then turned to the healer, "Hey, my name's Kieran Crestwood, is there any way I could lead a ha--"

Before he was able to finish his sentence he heard a scream from another room which took away his attention. Not taking a second thought he stood up and turned to the crowd, "if anyone here is brave enough come with me" he exclaimed.

Kieran was no coward, but that didn't make them a fool. They weren't gonna check it out alone, given the fact he's bad at magic and is has no self-defense skills. Besides, there is always such a thing as strength in numbers.

Last edited:
Kaz listened to the goblin (Grattas) talk a lot different than what he was used to, taking another knee to meet him eye to eye " I have to admit, gob. I don't know what a oggler is. But dryads, I am familiar with! They do hate it when I unintentionally start fires in forests... Good times. " Kaz smiled a little thinking back on these memories looking to Grattas again. " Ye mentioned i looked like a clown, well gobby, you look like this weird gorgon's dog i once saw with three legs. I'm pretty sure the poor thing couldn't walk but it was fat. But the damn thing couldn't bark right so it just made a dry heaving noise. " Kaz had a wide smile on his face, he was enjoying himself interacting and having this back and forth with the small goblin. At least he wasn't causing mayhem like he looked like he was used to doing. He had his hand on his chin, tapping his bottom lip looking up at the ceiling as the alarm kept going off. He noticed some weird flickering or blinking on the rafters which caught his attention. It looked like someone's figure was blinking in and out of existence before his very eyes. It reminded him of a tribe back home, one of the tribes was able to manipulate shadows and dark areas to move around. It might not be the same type of magic but looked similar.

"
Hey, Gobby. " Kaz pointed at the rafters where he thought he saw the blinking figure " I'm pretty sure I just saw some strange type of movement up there. Looked like someone was disappearing and reappearing. " The skinnier man rubbed the top of his head thinking " Never mind, gobby. Probably just me missing home. " Kaz turned his head heading some sort of scream, fully catching his attention and seeing some strange young kid (Keiran) saying if anyone would join him. Kaz moved through the crowd, leaving Gattas by himself and walked up to the man, standing pretty close to him, probably too close for comfort " I'll join you, little guy. " Even though they were pretty much the same height. Kaz came off a bit outlandish and strange, he even patted the stranger on his should giving a smile " Come on then. You heard a scream too, eh? We best go fight whatever caused that scream. " he placed a hand out towards the poor fellow who made the noise " Lead the way, stranger. "

Last edited:
All Kyrian could do was sigh, as the call to adventure compelled him to join them. They needed backup, in case anything went awry, as things tended to go in a magical city such as this. When he was done with the attacker on the floor, he stood up, ready to join the strange duo.
"I'll come too. Someone needs to watch our backs, and you two seem to be fellows who would start a brawl. The new kid...he looks like someone we place in the middle. Not an insult, it just happens sometimes." For someone who didn't present himself as aggressive, he could take and throw a punch if needed, but that would only be if his life was truly threatened. He liked to keep his abilities more on the down-low, as he truly liked to be underestimated. Healers did need to fend for themselves, and get to patients by any means necessary. The new kid looked a bit squishy, but maybe he was being hypercritical- in comparison to the not-all-mentally there magic user, he wasn't sure if the new boy could hold his own in a fight by himself.