Ravewicked

Re: Ravewicked (Diana and Desaecula)

"Bossman being a jackwagon again?" Ezekiel said, hangign upside down from a clothes rack infront of her, a mask on his face with a humourous duck grinning at her.

"tell him to shut the duck up and stop quaking at you." he said, tilting his head the other direction.

Kaera jumped an inch off the floor, determined to scowl at him. But finding herself face to face with a ludicrous duck face accompanied by the worst pun she could ever imagine, her laughter escaped quite loudly before she slapped her hands over her mouth to still it. It took her several moments and a clearing of her throat before she could drop her hands and retain that no-nonsense professional expression.

"Would you get down from there before we get in trouble? You might be fine and dandy and have an extra job on the side, but this is the only job I've got! He says the word, and I'm gone! You'll get a new manager who wears suspicious sunglasses and keeps calling you baby and doesn't care about the music at all!" Kaera was having a very hard time speaking seriously to the Duck. The corner of her mouth was already starting to curve up and she was biting the inside of her lip to keep from grinning.

"..."

Ezekiel jsut hung ther and tilted hsi head tot he other side. "Man, remind me not to quack jokes when your in a FOWL mood." he said, pullign off the mask. a chicken mask beneath it with its tognue stickgin out to the side.

She blinked. Why did she think it would be simple.

Kaera nearly choked as she spun around on a heel, turning her back to him so she wasn't staring eye to eye with a crazy looking chicken with a lopsided tongue. Did chickens even have tongues? It didn't matter, because at least now he couldn't see her grinning like. Even if her shoulders still softly shook with the snickering she was trying to avoid letting him hear.

"Ezekiel, I'm serious! I'll be jobless and on the streets. Knocking on your doors and begging for leftovers, and oh, please don't say chicken left overs!" Deeming it safe to look, she cast a quick glance over her shoulder.

He had a gorilla mask on now, holding up a purple suite on his left hand , an emerald green one in his right.

"Chicken leftovers.. thats bananas! why woudl i want chicken? pasty purple, or... jungle green?" he held up teh two suits in order. Moments late,r the rest of the boys showed up, sober for once, and looking around at the costumes.

"woo, dude... hey they got anything silver?" The drummer went stragith for the pants.

"oh man, look at thsi hat.. i bet i can make a wicked headstand and play my keytar solo with this on... oye, E.Z. what are YOU wearin?" And the guitarist went straight for the hats...Jorge, the bassist, looked around dully, absorbing all the colors. "Thats alot of cotton." he said.

She raised an eyebrow. How many masks did he manage to stuff on? Kaera turned back, crossing her arms and tapping her foot softly on the floor as she eyed the two suits.

"I like the green!" she chimed in over the sudden chatter. Kaera really was surprised to see them all there within a reasonable time frame. It lifted her mood quite a bit. Enough that she was rocking on her heels and no longer trying to keep that impassive scowl on her face. She full on grinned, lightly bouncing on her feet.

"Now if everyone can pick out what they like best and leave measurements, I can make sure everything is altered on time for the show. And... are you really going to wear that crazy monkey mask, or is there something else hidden under there?"

"he pulled it off, revealgin a handsome half faced jet black and tna fadign into gold venetian mask with a single feather comign off its side. a puffy ostrich feather. it fit his face perfectly.

"Nothin that won't please the crowd." he smiled. An hour later, He and Kaera were in a familiar coffee shop again. thsi tiem for a late lunch, Ezekiels treat. the boys had left, gettign invited to a BBQ by a stoner friend.

" Y'know.. maybe emplyign three brothers wasn't the best idea for a band." He said, sipping his latte.

"I don't know, girls seem to like the idea of a band full of brothers. I've read their fan stories on the internet." Kaera probably shouldn't be mentioning that she scribes the internet looking for fangirl written stories about Ezekiel's band, but it wasn't as if she enjoyed reading them. ...well, most of them. Ever so often there was a really good story.

Taking a sip from a hot cup of vanilla chai, Kaera found herself comfortable. Even if she wasn't sure how she was talked in to having lunch with Ezekiel. She had spent more personal time with him in the past two days than they had for most of the time she was their band manager. It was almost suspicious.

Her head tilted to the side as she regarded him from over her cup. "Are you babysitting me, Zeke? I can take care of the arrangements like I always do, you know..."

" i just.. uhm.. ah.." he blushed a little. : I have nothign else to do? c'mon i just made bank on my last...excursion, i want to relax and.. *grumble* i thought showerign you with gifts might make you hate me less for allt he secrets I've kept from you." he said lookgin deflatedly at his drink as the food came. he ordered a taco chicken salad with spucy vinegrette dressing and a side of frech fries.

Crumbling a bag of crackers in to her soup was about the only sound she could squeak out at first. Kaera doubt she had ever seen Ezekiel embarrassed ever, so this was disconcerting! She stirred the contents of her bowl with a spoon, before setting it down and tapped her nails nervously on the table. Looking directly at his face seemed to be a problem for her, so she glanced upwards at the ceiling where a dusty looking light hung over their table.

"I don't hate you. I'm just... a little surprised by it all. I can do without seeing any more dead bodies, but I am kinda glad to know what you really do... A lot of things make more sense now."

"And..." she huffed, resting her elbows on the table and then her chin in her hands. "And honestly, I thought you hated me and enjoyed tormenting me every chance you had. But I can see why you're so weird now... If you have any other secrets, I wouldn't mind to hear them."

"nope.. nota hermaphrodite, didnt go to school for interprative dance.. no skeletons in my closet.. nothgin else. no conspiracies either. i jsut do what i do, and i do it well." he said simply, takgi a large swig from his frothy mug. he then yawned and started digging into his taco salad.

" I do have to be somewhere the night before opening night though... and tonight i have a meeting." he said, informatively.

"Hmm. You know, being lead in a band but having a secret life as an assassin kind of is a conspiracy." Kaera responded with a smirk. She tapped her spoon against her mouth. In silence she ate, but there were so many questions dancing around in the back of her head. Kaera really didn't want to know the details of the sort of work he did. ...but... She kind of did want to know. After a few moments she couldn't her curiosity any longer.

"What sort of meeting? Where will you be going? ....Is it going to be one of those, stabby stab jobs?" When she said the words, she even motioned her spoon at him in a stabbing motion. It was very silly. She frowned. "Have you ever been really seriously injured during one of those things? What if you die..."

"It's a sniper job..." he said. " My least favorite.. but the safest." he put his napkin on his plate and stood up after fnishing his meal.

" I'll see you later alright? If your worried, call my phone.. but.. aheh. not bewteen seven and nine tonight alright?" he hnted, walkgin off. he left a twenty on the table.

The problem with telling someone not to do something, was that they immediately wanted to do it. Kaera remained in her seat, huffing silently as she watched him leave. She couldn't imagine how a sniper job would be a least favorite if it were the safest. Though, that had her wondering if Ezekiel really enjoyed sneaking up and killing people. Going down that road of speculation wasn't going to keep her from worrying about it.

Kaera finished her meal and left. The entire thing still in the forefront of her mind, even while she had her check list out in her hands and was trying to focus on what else was needed for the gig. She was going to have to find something to wear for herself... something really nice since this would be a really special event. Yet, she couldn't stop wondering just how safe a sniper shooting actually was supposed to be.

Walking down the sidewalk, checking her watch ever half hour or so while she ran errands, Kaera watched the time like a hawk. Always trying to resist pulling out her phone and calling just to check up on him.

The sights were set. all he had to do was wait.. wait and pull the trigger.. that was it. but somehow, something was wrong.

" heh.. I'll be damned.. the clubowner is talking with the Head of the russian mafia... man this line of work sucks..." He chuckled, ready to squeeze the trigger. there was a loud crash tot eh left and a rocket exploded from the east, fire directed at the RPG launched by the other assailant.

" mm yup.. perfect distraction.. rest in piece, Adolfo d'penne." he smiled, pullgint eh trigger. the bullet wizzed through the air and smashed into the mans neck, rippign sinew, flesh and tearing bones away. Adolfo was dead, and Ezekiel grabbed hsi gun, running like hell.

No one could say Kaera didn't get things done under pressure. For a day's work, she had the entire venue mapped out. Supplies ordered. Items shipped and waiting in the warehouse. She even had the perfect thing to wear, so she could inspired the band with her undying support!

So why was she sitting outside of her motel room, feet hanging off the balcony, wondering all the million and one ways her lead singer could die while trying to assassinate someone. What if he ended up in jail? Not all publicity was good publicity.

Her phone rang. Kaera nearly dropped it off the balcony in her rush to pick it up. "Ezekiel? I was going to call you if you didn't-"

There was nothing but silence.

"Helloooo?" Kaera huffed and hung up. Those weird silent calls were starting to get... well... weird! At first she didn't really pay them any mind. Wrong numbers happened all the time, right? Obviously, she had crazy killers on the brain. She was letting Ezekiel's crazy life get her imagination over active. Had she not found out his secret, she wouldn't be so worried.

In her annoyance, she sent him a quick text message.

"I'm going bananas! Tell me you're still alive, so I can stop worrying about you and go to bed."

The response to her text was a phonecall full of noise.. and a panicked voice of Ezekiel. " heya Kae!." he yelled over the din. " uhm... a little busy.. right now but, aheh... can we do an early breakfast say... 3 a.m. at that coffee shop down theway?" He smiled. meanwhile in italy... somethign was going wrong. adolfo d'penne was found dead in his office in rome... who had ezekiel shot then?

"You didn't have to call me back, Ezek- What's going on?" He sounded like he was in the middle of a warzone! So much for Ezekiel trying to keep her from worrying about things. She pulled the phone away from her ear and scowled at it. Then it was back up to her ear. "Fine! I'll see you at 3am, despite the fact we BOTH need sleep before the venue!" Kaera hung up before he could argue with her, and before she started shouting at him to demand what he was doing. If she knew, she would never be able to get any sleep.

A few hours later, a good 15 minutes AFTER 3am, making her late for an appointment for the first time in ages. Kaera was rolling over in bed to slap her alarm for the third time. She had to try and get SOME sleep. Even she couldn't be perky and pleasant all the time. She was on her back again, debating going back to sleep and skipping out on breakfast with Ezekiel to teach him a lesson -- when a gloved hand slapped over her mouth. Kaera could hear the shink of metal and something cold and pointy poking against his cheek. But in the darkness of the room, she could barely make out the outline of the hooded figure over her.

"You are his handler." said the voice. It was whispered too low for her to even recognize as a male or female. Kaera tried to scream, but the form kept her still and reminder her about the knife by moving it up against her throat. "Tell him to quit. Back off. Back off or there will be consequences." Just as suddenly as the person was there, they were gone. There was only the hiss of the window drapes as they escaped.

She rolled on to the floor with her blankets and checked to make sure she hadn't been stabbed while she wasn't looking.

Kaera decided she wouldn't skip meeting Ezekiel after all.

The alleyway was cold and damp.. as they often are at this hour of the morning. "darkest before the dawn.. fuck this." He coughed, holding his gut. he had fallen rather harshly just mintue before. he threw his empty side-arm into the trashcan and stumbled forward, throwing up his hood.

"My ancestors never had this problem.. damn espionage. this is the third tme i've been discovered in three missions.. somethign is wrong." he said to the sky, heaving a sigh as he walked acros the street intot he coffee shop.

"well good mo- ohmigod.. are you alright e.z.?" the older waitress asked. ezekiel had been a customer for years.

"uhm.. coffee... strong. three sugars. i'm going to go clean up, blanch." he sai, giving her a thumbs up. " rough night at the club... didn't even meet any pretty girls!" he chuckled, stumbling intot he bathroom and washing up his face and a stain from hs own blood on his cuff. He hadn't bothered to change out of his outfit yet. A strange grey and white uniform of some sort with a sharp curved hood and hard plastic plates on his shins, ankles, elbows, and forearms. his weapons were hidden on his person as per usual, but he felt naked somehow... like he needed a flamethrower or a tank.

Ezekiel wandered back out into the main empty Cafe.

"well, you look better already." blanch said, setting the coffee on the table int eh corner. "let me get some band-aids for your hand." she sighed, seeing the blood seepig through the papertowels around his left wrist and hand.

"thanks, its just a bunch of scrapes though, really." he said. she gave him an angry look and went to go get the bandaids anyways.

By the time Kaera arrived, she was at least an hour late. She had stumbled in past 4am. Kaera was never late. She also never looked disheveled. But this morning it looked like she had thrown a dress on over her nightgown, slid on the closet pair of shoes she could find, and didn't even bother brushing her hair. At least she brushed her teeth. Despite being totally startled, and even forgetting to bring her phone, that was one thing she wouldn't forget.

The moment Kaera stepped in to the diner she spotted Ezekiel. He hadn't even sat down yet. In two seconds Kaera crossed the room, throwing her arms around Ezekiel's waist and clung for dear life. Had she given it a second thought, she wouldn't have done it. But as it was, she was just so happy to see him it hadn't occurred to her how odd it was.