Rat's Back Again

U

upscalerat

Original poster
Hello hello hello! I'm Rat, nice to meet you.

I've been on Iwaku on and off for a few years now. And we've hit another on period! Hopefully this one lasts. Anyways-
  • I am a freshly minted working adult (in my early 20s)
  • But also bored to tears at my job
  • So I currently have a lot of time on my hands, especially during the workday (EST)
  • I aim for about one post a day. I usually don't hit my mark
  • I enjoy talking ooc, ideally over some different channel than the roleplay itself, but I'm terrible at starting conversations
  • I'm usually a couple paragraphs per reply. First few posts tend to be longer, and I'll generally try to match what you put out.
  • Grammar/spelling don't have to be perfect, but we'll both do our best, yeah? You should know the difference between your/you're, its/it's, there/their/they're, etc.
  • I'm open to play on a thread, over PMs, or offsite depending on medium
  • If you're going to be gone for a while, please give me a heads up!
  • If I don't hear from you for a couple of weeks, I'll send you a reminder. If I don't hear from you again after that, I'll assume that you've abandoned the roleplay
  • I'm not comfortable roleplaying with minors

In a broad sense, I'm pretty open with what I roleplay. Romance is good, no romance is good. I'm partial to playing female characters in fxf or fxm over mxm, but that is by no means a strict rule; I'll play a male, and more than happily play multiple main characters. Smut is fine, though I don't think I'm great at it. Gore and cursing are fine by me; let me know if anything isn't good for you and I'll steer clear. I will ask that we avoid spiders in our roleplay, as I'm rather spooked my them. Genre wise: I'm not huge on fandoms, aliens/space stuff, or historically accurate anything.

So, at this moment:
Something high fantasy. I have a half-elf that I would really like to play. She isn't a Tolkien-esque elf, fair warning. I could also be interested in involving some of my hardly used D&D characters... Maybe we could theme our roleplay in such a manner?

I'd also be very happy with the mage x demon plot!

How about something with faeries? I have a few faerie characters I'd be interested in playing. Not the Tinkerbell kind, but the like, can't touch iron/can't lie/just here for a good time sort.

If you're interested, I also have some
These aren't set in stone, so we can change them as suits our needs. But consider them something of a jumping board.
* = The role I would prefer; but feel free to ask for that character anyways!
My notes in italics underneath the plots are also not something we have to use.

Vampire* x Human
Medieval setting. There are two kingdoms in this land, and probably more, but we're focusing on the two. The vampires and the humans have never particularly liked each other; but there is a fragile sort of peace between the two, currently. One nation, however, gets wind that the other plans to attack and conquer, and sends a spy over to verify if this is true and, if it is, stop it before it happens, if possible. The spy gets close to a person in the royal quart to do just this.
If the spy is human or vampire can be worked it as you wish. The relationship between the spy and the royal can also be worked out; they can end up falling in love, or one can thwart the other's plan, or something, depending on what you like.
I have a female vampire ready for this roleplay.

Witch* x Other
Medieval fantasy; the extent of fantasy is something that we'll have to work out.
There is this religion that worships the sun, Solaris. It is the primary religion of this land, and a sacrificial one; most nonfollowers becomes sacrifices to the sun. In this world, magic is something that people can learn, but the worshipers of Solaris have taught the general people that any magic that is done by someone who isn't a priest is sinful magic.
One of our characters is a powerful witch. She was enslaved as a child to help build one of the great towers to worship Solaris, but managed to escape. She taught herself magic, but has been living in hiding. Though she is knowledgeable and strong, she is just one person and cannot take down the religion. Our other character has formed their own grievances against the religion for whatever reason, and seeks to destroy the religion. They learn about the witch in some manner or another and seek her out, then convinces her to help free a greater demon that the Solarians have trapped away. Between the three of them, they can surely take down the Solarians, can't they?
The relationship and how successful our characters are is another detail to be worked out.
I have a female witch character ready for this roleplay, as well as a character for the greater demon.

Mage* x Demon
A young mage is looking for a teacher. They aren't well versed in much of anything, and as such, are fooled by a demon pretending to be a master willing to teach. The demon is entirely willing to teach the mage some magics, sure, but of a darker nature than the young mage intended. Though the demon isn't entirely trapped, they are still restricted, and aim to teach the mage how to free them fully, and perhaps other demons: before they can do that, though, they must corrupt the young mage's morality and whatnot, so that they will cooperate and free the demon.
I have a female mage character ready for this roleplay in a medieval setting.

Werewolf x Vampire
Werewolves and vampires have a rather symbiotic nature. They hunt together, the vampire drinks the blood of the prey, and the werewolf eats the flesh. Both creatures feed, and leave no corpse, so their risk of being found is lowered (they typically feed on animals, given that both creatures were once human). Our pair, for whatever reason, both recently lost their partners of the other species, happen across each other, and decide to work together- either permanently, or until they find people they're more compatible with if it doesn't work out. They end up falling in love, which is frowned upon in both societies, much in the same way that having a romantic relationship with a coworker is frowned upon.

Master x Maid*
It was sort of a scuzzy job offering in the first place, but the maid needed money bad, and the master was certainly paying VERY well. The maid rents a room in the master's mansion, and works overtime, trying to pay off student loans- particularly since the maid couldn't find a job in their field, modelling. The master does art in their spare time, and the maid is even willing to model. Gotta keep that cash flowing, right? With all of this time that they're spending together, it only makes sense that they start to get to know each other, and eventually start to feel for each other quite strongly.

Mage x Other
A mage (or a small group of mages) went sort of power hungry, a while back, and tried to overthrow their land's ruler. They were unsuccessful, and instead trapped in a tower (or multiple), magically guarded to prevent them from escaping. The tower provides for them- there is food, water, clothing, books... As a prison, it's not bad, but it's still a prison. And then- something changes.
If there are multiple mages, they have been able to communicate just with each other for some time, but now they've found a way to enter each other's towers. They still can't leave, but this can escalate their relations.
Or perhaps, all are still confined to their own tower, or there's only one mage and tower, and a stranger finds their way in; they can't remember how they got in- and perhaps some other details- but this inspires the mage to again seek a way out.
Or something entirely different- this can go in a lot of different directions, and could be well suited to a small group, if you were so inclined.

And finally, without plots, but some
Pirate x Kidnapped Victim
Thief x Victim/Prince/ss
Prince/ss x Kidnapper
Elf/Vampire/Werewolf/Mage/Demon/Supernatural Creature x Human/Elf/Vampire/Werewolf/Mage/Demon/Some Other Supernatural Creature
Merperson x Pirate/Sailor

These are again just something of a starting point; if you have something different that you would like to suggest, feel free!
If you're so inclined, I would be happy to do a 1x1x1 or the like!
So please, reach out! I hope we can make something good together.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love to play something with you!
I have an idea for a fluffier game, and maybe for something high fantasy. tabletop roleplayer here myself!
Should i send you a PM?

Hi! Yes, please- I'd love to hear more of your ideas!