3. 1-3 posts per week
  4. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
I haven't been back to iwaku for very long so maybe I'm just out of the loop, but can somebody tell me what's up with leaving ratings on Partner Connection/Interest Check threads but not leaving a comment or Pm?? Is this just appreciation for the characters/plots I'm showcasing, or am I supposed to message these people because they left me a Like?? 😂 I'm genuinely curious and so confused, I feel out of touch!

Leave a comment and let me know what your personal etiquette for these sorts of things is!

Sometimes it's both.

Reactions: CanaryCry
For me, personally, it means: 'I'm interested, but I need to make some room for this/I don't have time right now, but if there is space later I will try again.'

Speaking for myself, I wouldn't mind receiving a message to clarify on the why of my habits. So, if there is ever confusion, just shoot me that message. I don't hesitate myself to ask for clarification where needed.

A lot of people are leaving ratings as positive support for your ideas and you as a partner, especially if they're unable to join up on any new rps. It's basically just making sure you know people are seeing you and like what you're throwing out there, and to keep posting up partner requests. 8D

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts 💚 I'm less confused now haha

I think for me personally, its showing my appreciation to people's ideas :) sometimes i'm not interested in stuff, but everyone needs a little love here and there

I'm kind of stingy with my own giving of ratings, but I see it as leaving a simple note of appreciation! Although sometimes people can be weird and it can be their way of saving the post as a reminder to contact the person eventually.