Rarest of SINS episode 4.5: Somewhere Safe

• Welcome back, Iwaku! While we are still working on the site to get it back into shape, we've come back online so you can get back to doing what you love. Check out this announcement for more details.

VeilofRain

Calamity Catalyst
Roleplay Invitations
Not Taking RP Invites at this Time
Posting Speed
One Post a Day, A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week
My Usual Online Time
Flexible now. But still limited at times.
Writing Levels
Advanced, Prestige, Douche, Adaptable
Genders You Prefer Playing
Male
Playing Style- Passive or Aggressive
Aggressive. I'll play both, but even in stories not my own I am avid in producing plot, world, and characters
Favorite Genres
Fantasy, Sci-fi, Urban Fantasy, Horror, Romance, Action, Adventure, with dark mature themes.
Genre You DON'T Like
Slice of Life, unless really good.
I don't like these for my MAIN CHARACTER: Furry, Yaoi, Yuri, etc.
No Breath. No black or white. Not even nothing.
It was more like being in a dream, or halfway into a dream. He felt himself, was aware of some functioning head parts, but it wasn’t the same. If he tried to move a limb, if he had a limb, it was distant, heavy, and sloppy. The memories of those last moments burned into his mind like a tattoo forged by the sun.
His loved ones gazing at him as he endured the entity that was Six living inside him temporarily. The pain of an endless, and eternally existence filling him, pushing at every part and wishing to come back out. Pleiades cannot interact with the physical world, but Sinclair had felt her, so… had she interacted with him physically, or did he go somewhere beyond?

How long had it been since he’d been FirstBorn. He recalled vaguely, what it was likey. Now though, it seemed like so distant a memory it might as well have been a dream itself. Could he once have interacted with them? How had he not met them before becoming this? What did it matter now that he had finally gone too far, without a contingency plan. He’d not intended to his family to be caught up in his works, but, he had wanted to impregnate Rare, he couldn’t let them die. Couldn’t allow himself to expand to accommodate everything, and devoured what he need to feed the expansion until they were all gone. The gain would not be worth it.

But, what the hell was this?

“So… finally got a bit of ground.” A familiar voice. He tried to look around for it, only to remember he had no neck, nor eyes, nor anything to really look with. Still, he knew it was there.

“I expected a bit less of death.” Sinclair muttered in a voice he recognized. His voice.
“Oh? Did you expect it to be easy? Just poof, nothing. No need to think, or regret, or worry. Death isn’t an escape, it’s just lost opportunity. “ The voice of Six irritated him. How could she know, when she didn't die. Wait, then how could she be here.

“I didn't think…”
“You had a soul? That your kind just made souls... that somehow things like machines, and golems just have them handed out.” Six mused, and he could feel her grinning from that expressionless face that stared at him. That face which he wasn’t sure was ever a face, but rather shapes of herself she had put together to imitate one.

“Maybe, like them, you gained a soul. But Heaven and Hell are such base concepts. You could have Nirvana or Valhalla, even Elysium, but you’re here.”
“And this place is?” Sinclair asked, a slight edge to his voice. Six laughed. It was a strangely whimsical thing.

“I know no answer to this Sinner. I exist here, it does not mean I’ve gained knowledge beyond observation. Even the ones that carry the duties of death collecting do not tread here, for even they are bound by some rule or system. You on the other hand, as I do, seem exempt from such standards. We do not quite have a place, but it doesn’t mean we can’t use theirs… somehow.”

Oh Six, this is what Sinclair had adored about her. Her ever present existence gave her a wise, and expansive view upon things. It almost allowed her the limitless platforms of knowledge he had, and in truth, she probably still could. He had become so enamoured thanks to her ability to see beyond her spectrum. To see beyond his own. A mind that did not quite match his, and he appreciated the differences.

“It seems none wish to claim me. At least for now, so I must walk my own death.” There was a sudden jolt of excitement. If he was here, if he was really here, then that meant that others had to have been here once. Where would his kind go… if… if they had somehow gained, grown, or obtained souls. If it had been too late for them, well, then he was just as lost and lonely as ever, only now he had nothing to look forward to.

“Are you dead?” Six asked. Sinclair looked at her, silently contemplating her words. In that moment he had yet another startling moment. He was looking at Six. Sinclair looked down at himself, finding he had hands, and toes, and well… a body. He even felt his beard brushing against his neck and collarbone as he looked down.

“I… do not understand.” Sinclair muttered. A sweet melodic sound filled his head like heavy static from interference on a booming speaker.

“That’s new.” Six mused. Sinclair looked at her, unable to see the mirth in the situation. She shook her head and looked around. Sinclair did the same, and they finally noticed together that a sort of world had formed around them. It was like standing in a watercolor world, but not so vibrant. Sinclair reached out, but found himself unable to quite interact. The best thing he could compare it to was like looking at an image just behind a pane of glass. Close enough to feel like you could be a part of it, but finding yourself unable to touch it.

Without another word, he began walking. There wasn’t really much else for him to do. Six vanished and appeared at different intervals, as if only wishing to check on him, but she didn't engage him fruitlessly.
“You didn't ask, but the Cradle is working.” Six said, and Sinclair made a little groan of acknowledgement. Of course he’d known the Cradle was working, but he still hadn’t quite expected this. He wondered, if somewhere in this place, Abigail was waiting.

“Hello Sinner.” A deep, charming baritone caused Sinclair to pause. He turned slightly to see a man… no not a man. That “man” was just a shell. A glamour in a sense, something used to identify with Sinclair’s current form. Which, should not have been human yet now that he thought about it, that was exactly how he felt.
The man had deep black eyes, with sclera the same pitch at the pupils. His skin was strangely green, like a Caucasian man that had grown accustomed to being in a constant state of pestilence. His hair, cropped to his head, looked to be wet. He wasn’t particularly handsome nor ugly, but not average. Looking at him made Sinclair both curious, and to want to look away. But the most peculiar thing about him, was his aura. Sinclair still had the vision granted to him by Bio, and what he was seeing was… somewhat like Bio’s, but different. It seemed to be bubbling below a surface, but unable to break free.

“I have been waiting for you.” The man said. Sinclair cocked his head, and the man continued after a short chuckle. “You may call me Lazarus.”

“As in, the name given to ideas and machinations of rebirth. Did you meet my kin?” Sinclair asked faster than he had intended. The man’s name, while not likely to be real, as Lazarus was fairly new in the grand scheme of things, still made him wonder if his kind’s afterlife was a form of resurrection. Lazarus’ confusion showed clear on his face though, dashing Sinclair’s hopes.

“I… apologize. No, I have borrowed the name, as sort of a placeholder for a project. You see, I have some very deep inquiries to ask of you.” Lazarus said, then smiled that seductive, charming smile of his. Sinclair didn't flinch back, and he noticed Six was behind the man, not himself. She could do nothing but observe.

“I see.” Sinclair said.

——————————————-
————————————
————————-
——————-
2 days before Rare’s labor...

A knock at the door caused Jerry to stir. He’d been fast asleep while Elli and Poppy fed Penelope again. He snorted and huffed, coming out of a particularly abnormal dream he couldn’t quite recall. He just knew it had been weird. He looked around, expecting to see Liz or that caretaker woman, but instead Falren was at the door.
Falren had been absent for their latest big adventure. He’d been off working some private mission, but since he’d been back he had been somewhat pensive. More so than usual. His moustache was accompanied by a restless big of chin fuzz that he ignored for only a few days at a time. His slicked back salt and pepper had had slipped a bit more into salt. Those eyes though, they remained as sharp as ever, even if he seemed to have gained a few new wrinkles.

“What the fuck?” Falren muttered as he peeked through the peephole. Outside was not a person he recognized. They weren’t even a person. The face, if it could be called that, looked as if it had been sculpted to be some kind of mask. The body was a lithe, too long that that made the strange creature hunch over. He had strips of cloth draping from him, but Falren couldn’t seem to make out a body below it.

Falren knew this creature’s type. He didn't bother with his gun, but rather took an iron sword disguised as an umbrella in the stand beside him.

“What’s going on?” Jerry asked, suddenly alert. Falren raised a finger to his lips, signaling for his doppelgänger to be silent. The second ticked by, but Falren didn't tear his eyes from the creature. It’s mask like face tilted, as if it were cocking its head. One of the shred like layers shifted, and Falren was startled when he heard another round of knocking despite seeing no limb to cause it.

“Wha’dya want ye arcane arse?” Falren let his Irish accent slip out a bit more than usual. It had been something he’d worked many years on hiding when he had been younger and visited America. The thing on the other end of the door shook quickly, hissing as it did like an upset maracas.

“I…” It hissed. “Am here for the one that is Not Sinclair. The child which… deflected... Gamelan.” Hepaused between certain words, enhancing the raspy tone to his sentences and making it seem as if he struggled to speak.

“Why?” Falren asked without preamble. The creature hissed again from the other side.
“I will speak to only him.” The fae hissed this more swiftly, with better clarity. Clearly he was trying to make a point. Falren debated putting the sword through the slot in the door and killing this bitch right here and that.

“Right. You’d best get off the porch or I’ll…” Before Falren could finish, several other fae appeared. They did not look hostile though. Instead, they carried beautiful things. Some ornate, and others simple, but they appeared to be luxurious, or possibly delicious all the same.

“I’ve come with gifts and apologies. Please, we only wish to welcome out future king.” At this, Falren went completely stiff. Jerry was behind him now, trying to peek over him or hear the voice. Why did they imply that Elli was a kin.

Falren didn't hesitate to open the door this time. He had the blade focused on the masked figure in front of him. Petrykus didn't seem bothered by the blade, but the other fae jumped back in fear, sending a few of the gifts scattering across the floor. Petrykus hissed derisively at them, muttering something that Falren knew in fae tongue as ordering them to have manners.

“No fae king here. No Sinclair either.” Falren said, glancing back when he saw Jerry tentatively approaching with his own firearm in hand. He gave his alternate self a look that said to hold off. Petrykus noticed the tension, but made no move to withdraw. Falren turned back to the fae, no sign of fear despite the massive height he knew the fae would have if he stood straight.

“Falren… once ambassador between us and… your kind. Please… I mean no harm. I am sure the intricate weaving of protection upon this dominion would have devastated us had we chosen to approach with hostility.” Petrykus had wanted Elli dead once. That was until the veil had been lifted, and his performance had been shared among the fae. That was not the only reason they were here.

“You should know, the courts have been blessed by his touch. He took destruction an-“
“Alright alright… I don’t really care. Just… leave me a way to reach you.” Falren said.
“Alas… I must wait...here.” Petrykus hissed again. “I will wait… as long as… neeeeeded.”

Falren didn't like dealing with fae. Unfortunately, Liz’s home was on this damn planet, and the fae had means of traveling across countries in no time by using proper passages. Fae definitely did not belong in this country.

The Mood is Write

Mom-de-Plume
SITE SUPPORT
DONATING MEMBER
Roleplay Invitations
One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
Several Posts a Day, A Few Posts A Day, One Post a Day, A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week
My Usual Online Time
11PM to 2AM EST, plus or minus a few hours in either direction.
Writing Levels
Adept, Advanced, Prestige
Male, Female, Androgynous, Primarily Prefer Female
Combination.

My strengths lie more in the direction of emotions and short-term ideas, where my ability to plan out long-term plots is weak. I do best with a partner who helps me cover that weakness.
Favorite Genres
I'm open to a wide range of genres. Obscenely wide. It's harder for me to list all I do like than all I don't like. My absolute favorite is mixed and multiverse, but I'm not limited to those.

• Mixed Genre
• Multiverse
• High Fantasy
• Hard Fantasy
• Low Fantasy
• OP Fantasy
• Science Fantasy
• Modern Fantasy
• Soft Scifi
• Science Fantasy
• Low Scifi
• OP Science Fantasy
• Modern Realistic (Strict)
• Modern Realistic (Loose)
• Urban Fantasy
• Alternate History (Fantasy Preference)
• Post-Apocalyptic Mixed
• Post-Apocalyptic Fantasy
• Post-Apocalyptic Scifi
• Post-Apocalyptic Modern
• Dystopia
• Displacement
• Military
• Dying Earth
• Supernatural
• Drama
• Mystery
• Horror
• Religious
• LBGT
• Crime/Detective
• Parody
• Comedy
• Tragedy
• Romance (Must Include Others)
• Erotic (Must Include Others)
Genre You DON'T Like
The list is short. because it's hard to find genres I don't enjoy.

• Yaoi/Yuri (Gay/Lesbian is fine!)
• Furry
• Fandom
• Historic Non-Fantasy
The house wasn't so quiet now, without the sense of dread that accompanied a dying infant. Elizabeth opened curtains and windows to let in the late autumn breeze after the brief-but-warm summer, and the new life in the home helped to soothe the wounds left by those departed from the home.

Things were alright.

Bio tended to Jerry, helping him with what she could and accepting only companionship in return.

Elizabeth, often spirited away by the monster called work, kept busy with home and family as much as she could, and on those warm nights when both she and Falren were home, she pulled him into her bedroom to share a bottle of wine and body heat in ways either chaste or sensual, depending on their moods.

Rare often kept to herself, though she wasn't shy about intruding on Felicie with Vargo in tow, demanding sisterly time more and more often as the time for delivery grew closer.

Poppy spent her time with everyone as much as she could, but especially with Penny and Elli. She dressed tomboyishly rather often, and also hid in her cat form at times when she wore boyish clothing, but still noticed her feminine features. It was a struggle, but kept busy and surrounded by trusted others, even the grumpy Falren, spacey Jerry, and distant Felicie, she gradually began to notice problems in the mirror less often.

⋯﴾﴿⋯

"Fal—er—Da! 'Oo's at the door?" Poppy called, holding her kitten. Little Penny didn't need to be in the nursery as often anymore, and Penny, claws in her mother and drawing blood, clung onto her mother's shoulder, batting at her mother's short curls.

"Is it Betty? 'Er 'oliday seems longer than usual this ti—"

She cut off mid-spin as she caught sight of not only the tension in her father and 'uncle', but also the familiar face beyond them.

The joy left her immediately, and she pulled her kitten from her shoulders, hugging the little infant tight as she ran up the stairs, too scared to scream as she almost tripped over herself a few times. Only as she shoved herself into Elli's room and slam her back against the door did she start her feline wails, though she kept them quiet as he tail clung against her and she curled herself tight around Penny, protective even despite her fear and the memories Petrykus's face brought.

From around the side of the large house, Elizabeth marched quickly into view, fuming visibly.

"How in the hells are you here!?" she demanded as she charged right up to Petrykus, then looked at the others with murder in her yellow eyes, even despite her overalls, flannel, shoddy boots, straw hat, gardening gloves, and trowel, which she held in one fisted glove.

VeilofRain

Calamity Catalyst
Roleplay Invitations
Posting Speed
My Usual Online Time
Writing Levels
Male
Aggressive. I'll play both, but even in stories not my own I am avid in producing plot, world, and characters
Favorite Genres
Fantasy, Sci-fi, Urban Fantasy, Horror, Romance, Action, Adventure, with dark mature themes.
Genre You DON'T Like
No Breath. No black or white. Not even nothing.
It was more like being in a dream, or halfway into a dream. He felt himself, was aware of some functioning head parts, but it wasn’t the same. If he tried to move a limb, if he had a limb, it was distant, heavy, and sloppy. The memories of those last moments burned into his mind like a tattoo forged by the sun.
His loved ones gazing at him as he endured the entity that was Six living inside him temporarily. The pain of an endless, and eternally existence filling him, pushing at every part and wishing to come back out. Pleiades cannot interact with the physical world, but Sinclair had felt her, so… had she interacted with him physically, or did he go somewhere beyond?

How long had it been since he’d been FirstBorn. He recalled vaguely, what it was likey. Now though, it seemed like so distant a memory it might as well have been a dream itself. Could he once have interacted with them? How had he not met them before becoming this? What did it matter now that he had finally gone too far, without a contingency plan. He’d not intended to his family to be caught up in his works, but, he had wanted to impregnate Rare, he couldn’t let them die. Couldn’t allow himself to expand to accommodate everything, and devoured what he need to feed the expansion until they were all gone. The gain would not be worth it.

But, what the hell was this?

“So… finally got a bit of ground.” A familiar voice. He tried to look around for it, only to remember he had no neck, nor eyes, nor anything to really look with. Still, he knew it was there.

“I expected a bit less of death.” Sinclair muttered in a voice he recognized. His voice.
“Oh? Did you expect it to be easy? Just poof, nothing. No need to think, or regret, or worry. Death isn’t an escape, it’s just lost opportunity. “ The voice of Six irritated him. How could she know, when she didn't die. Wait, then how could she be here.

“I didn't think…”
“You had a soul? That your kind just made souls... that somehow things like machines, and golems just have them handed out.” Six mused, and he could feel her grinning from that expressionless face that stared at him. That face which he wasn’t sure was ever a face, but rather shapes of herself she had put together to imitate one.

“Maybe, like them, you gained a soul. But Heaven and Hell are such base concepts. You could have Nirvana or Valhalla, even Elysium, but you’re here.”
“And this place is?” Sinclair asked, a slight edge to his voice. Six laughed. It was a strangely whimsical thing.

“I know no answer to this Sinner. I exist here, it does not mean I’ve gained knowledge beyond observation. Even the ones that carry the duties of death collecting do not tread here, for even they are bound by some rule or system. You on the other hand, as I do, seem exempt from such standards. We do not quite have a place, but it doesn’t mean we can’t use theirs… somehow.”

Oh Six, this is what Sinclair had adored about her. Her ever present existence gave her a wise, and expansive view upon things. It almost allowed her the limitless platforms of knowledge he had, and in truth, she probably still could. He had become so enamoured thanks to her ability to see beyond her spectrum. To see beyond his own. A mind that did not quite match his, and he appreciated the differences.

“It seems none wish to claim me. At least for now, so I must walk my own death.” There was a sudden jolt of excitement. If he was here, if he was really here, then that meant that others had to have been here once. Where would his kind go… if… if they had somehow gained, grown, or obtained souls. If it had been too late for them, well, then he was just as lost and lonely as ever, only now he had nothing to look forward to.

“Are you dead?” Six asked. Sinclair looked at her, silently contemplating her words. In that moment he had yet another startling moment. He was looking at Six. Sinclair looked down at himself, finding he had hands, and toes, and well… a body. He even felt his beard brushing against his neck and collarbone as he looked down.

“I… do not understand.” Sinclair muttered. A sweet melodic sound filled his head like heavy static from interference on a booming speaker.

“That’s new.” Six mused. Sinclair looked at her, unable to see the mirth in the situation. She shook her head and looked around. Sinclair did the same, and they finally noticed together that a sort of world had formed around them. It was like standing in a watercolor world, but not so vibrant. Sinclair reached out, but found himself unable to quite interact. The best thing he could compare it to was like looking at an image just behind a pane of glass. Close enough to feel like you could be a part of it, but finding yourself unable to touch it.

Without another word, he began walking. There wasn’t really much else for him to do. Six vanished and appeared at different intervals, as if only wishing to check on him, but she didn't engage him fruitlessly.
“You didn't ask, but the Cradle is working.” Six said, and Sinclair made a little groan of acknowledgement. Of course he’d known the Cradle was working, but he still hadn’t quite expected this. He wondered, if somewhere in this place, Abigail was waiting.

“Hello Sinner.” A deep, charming baritone caused Sinclair to pause. He turned slightly to see a man… no not a man. That “man” was just a shell. A glamour in a sense, something used to identify with Sinclair’s current form. Which, should not have been human yet now that he thought about it, that was exactly how he felt.
The man had deep black eyes, with sclera the same pitch at the pupils. His skin was strangely green, like a Caucasian man that had grown accustomed to being in a constant state of pestilence. His hair, cropped to his head, looked to be wet. He wasn’t particularly handsome nor ugly, but not average. Looking at him made Sinclair both curious, and to want to look away. But the most peculiar thing about him, was his aura. Sinclair still had the vision granted to him by Bio, and what he was seeing was… somewhat like Bio’s, but different. It seemed to be bubbling below a surface, but unable to break free.

“I have been waiting for you.” The man said. Sinclair cocked his head, and the man continued after a short chuckle. “You may call me Lazarus.”

“As in, the name given to ideas and machinations of rebirth. Did you meet my kin?” Sinclair asked faster than he had intended. The man’s name, while not likely to be real, as Lazarus was fairly new in the grand scheme of things, still made him wonder if his kind’s afterlife was a form of resurrection. Lazarus’ confusion showed clear on his face though, dashing Sinclair’s hopes.

“I… apologize. No, I have borrowed the name, as sort of a placeholder for a project. You see, I have some very deep inquiries to ask of you.” Lazarus said, then smiled that seductive, charming smile of his. Sinclair didn't flinch back, and he noticed Six was behind the man, not himself. She could do nothing but observe.

“I see.” Sinclair said.

——————————————-
————————————
————————-
——————-

“Lazarus.” Sinclair said as they continued through the strange void. Behind him he could feel Six boring into them with her fervent gaze. She was no doubt as curious about Lazarus as Sinclair was. He didn't understand how this man, creature, thing had been waiting for him. Of course Sinclair had never been one to back down from a curiosity.

“Yes Sinclair?” Lazarus did not turn to him. There was a significant difference in their stature. Lazarus was a tall man, perhaps seven or eight feet. His sinew was tight, but not in the same way as Bear’s had been. There was something about this man that seemed too long, as if he were something wearing a human’s skin and wasn’t quite sure what proportions to use.

“What is it you wish to ask of me?” Sinclair felt strangely impatient. There was something else calling to him. Something more important than this. But, he didn't know where he was, so it wasn’t as if he had much of a choice in curing this problem. Death was one thing Sinclair was unused to. In a verse where so many followed a standard path, he wasn’t sure where he belonged. This new frontier, it had been avoided for so long, he wasn’t even sure what he was facing.

“It is best for all ears to be present. There are many of us who are curious, and it will likely require just as many for us to aid you.” Lazarus said calmly. Once more Sinclair was stung by the stinger of curiosity. Not only was Lazarus cryptic, but apparently there were many more seeking him. Many more who have been watching him without his being aware of them. An impressive feat on its own.

“I want to see.” Sinclair said. It was a simple thing. There was a new prospect in front of him. One he had to see, at least for a bit. Something else was coming, someone waiting for him. Someone coming for him. He couldn’t stay here. But… just a bit longer.

———————————————————————————
—————————————-
—————————

“Much time…. study… and… no… none… no malice.” Petrykus said, showing no sign of fear. Though, that had more to do with the expresionless mask that made up his face. The others with him recoiled, terrified this woman would decide it best to obliterate them. Though they held no malice, they felt the dampening powers of this place. If wrath did decide to take their thoughts, they would be powerless to make use of any such desires. No, they belonged to Elizabeth for the moment. Though that was far from their intent regardless.

Falren grabbed one of his weapon from a drawer. The iron filled revolver would make quick work of them if he hit. Jerry planted his butt on the edge of the couch, not too concerned. If Petrykus was telling the truth, which he had to be or he’d be annihilated, then there was absolutely nothing for them to worry about.

Elli on the other hand, was left startled as Poppy hurried into his room. He gazed at her with his one good eye. The color of it was still somewhat stony, with emerald specks as if final pieces of Bear were trying to come out. He senses her fear, and his gaze sharpened as he reached into the pocket of his pants to run his fingers over the smooth metal case which held the last cigarettes of Ever that remained. It was magic ammo, and if something was bothering her, it would give him the best defense.

“What is it Poppy?” Elli asked, not quite rushing to her. He approached slowly, and crouched in front of her. The boy had changed, not quite as affectionate as Bear, but still loving. His head was on much better than it had been before.

“I think she wants to know how ya just got here? Musta been a long trip. You don’t exactly have planes.” Falren muttered, openly checking his weapon. Petrykus shivered with irritation. Falren of all people should have known better.

“Paths… fae paths… to planes, and places. Not too far… not too far.” Petrykus explained, but there was an edge to his words. He didn't like having to go this far to make his point. Falren sighed and shook his head. Of course they still had those things. He wouldn’t have imagined they had survived but well, this was proof that they had.

“Now please…. no more. Must… speak… to the… King… to be.” Petrykus said and the fae beside him jingled. “But… you may take… these… gifts.” The fae stepped forth, setting down two baskets full of decadent looking foods and elixirs in bottles. They were inhuman things, born of pure magic and a connection to gaea that would not be found anywhere else.

“Gifts for King’s new child…. for family. Pleasant… no bad… honorable… boons.” Petrykus said again, and Falren knew one thing. Fae could not lie. That had been too blunt for it to be mistaken for something bad. He doubted they could convince themselves these things were good in order to perpetuate a lie. No, the baskets were safe, so Falren went ahead and snagged them up, giving the contents a quick scan as he headed back to the table.

“Liz love, dun fret too much. They cahn’t be lyin’ to us.”
“Why are you talking like that?” Jerry asked, noticing that the accent that had come out was not going away. “Is this like a… seeing old friends kind of thing?”

Jerry was already joining Falren in examining the baskets. He wanted treats too.

“Nah. Jus’ tired of hearin’ meh voice from two places. If I quit my hidin’ the brogue, then I can keep my head on straight.” Falren mused, letting the accent roll a little heavy for Elizabeth’s sake as well.

The Mood is Write

Mom-de-Plume
SITE SUPPORT
DONATING MEMBER
Roleplay Invitations
One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
Several Posts a Day, A Few Posts A Day, One Post a Day, A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week
My Usual Online Time
Writing Levels
Combination.

My strengths lie more in the direction of emotions and short-term ideas, where my ability to plan out long-term plots is weak. I do best with a partner who helps me cover that weakness.
Favorite Genres
I'm open to a wide range of genres. Obscenely wide. It's harder for me to list all I do like than all I don't like. My absolute favorite is mixed and multiverse, but I'm not limited to those.

• Mixed Genre
• Multiverse
• High Fantasy
• Hard Fantasy
• Low Fantasy
• OP Fantasy
• Science Fantasy
• Modern Fantasy
• Soft Scifi
• Science Fantasy
• Low Scifi
• OP Science Fantasy
• Urban Fantasy
• Post-Apocalyptic Mixed
• Post-Apocalyptic Scifi
• Dystopia
• Displacement
• Military
• Dying Earth
• Supernatural
• Drama
• Mystery
• Horror
• Religious
• LBGT
• Crime/Detective
• Parody
• Comedy
• Tragedy
Genre You DON'T Like

• Furry
• Fandom
• Historic Non-Fantasy
He wasn't lying. Fae couldn't lie, but that didn't mean they weren't deceptive. The bluntness of the leader's words brought hesitance to her rage, and as Falren declared it safe, she finally relaxed slightly, though only slightly.

She remained wary, since her wards should only have allowed fae who had an invitation within. They'd weakened. Even with the lack of malice, fae could unknowingly fuck things up fierce.

"Those gifts. Are they safe for cats?" she prodded, paying as much attention to how Petrykus answered as what he said. This was important.

After she said this, she glanced in towards 'her boys'. Falren's unhidden accent pleased her, and though she could tell them apart by how they spoke, it was still helpful.

Up in Elli's room, Poppy jerked her head up towards him and squeaked a single phrase, almost too high-pitched for Elli to hear. "Fae'eh 'ere..."

She hadn't stayed downstairs long enough to see that the situation was safe. She had only seen one of the group who tried to kill Elli before, one of those that was part of Gamelan's plot.

One of those that reminded her too much of what happened when they went to Cork.

She tightened her grip on their kitten as she trembled, staring at Elli. "Da's theh," she managed, unsure if it was a reassuring detail or not, but she felt a little safer as the idea of Falren being first to the door. They'd gone on so many adventures together, it was impossible not to trust him.

Even despite knowing her father was there, though, having Elli this close to her, after all he'd done to fight for her safety when it came to those hard times in Cork, she finally relaxed slightly.

"'Old me...?" she asked as she raised one arm to him.

VeilofRain

Calamity Catalyst
Roleplay Invitations
Posting Speed
My Usual Online Time
Writing Levels
Male
Favorite Genres
Genre You DON'T Like
Hold her? How could he hold her? Elli had danger at the door and wanted nothing more than to go down there and rip them to shreds. He hadn’t forgotten that his father was dead, that his new found skin tone and paled locks had come from the loss of some glamour. He was sure he had felt things growing under his skin too... but he wasn’t actually made from Bear, so he had no idea what they could be. He had wrestled with that for a time. He was a fae amalgamation. His hues matching Bear had to have been some design of Sin’s, but he couldn’t fathom what the point of it would be if it had only emerged when his father had died. Sinclair was truly a strange man. Still, Elli had to appreciate some of his efforts.

If not for his love for his father, he might have tried to change his color. His new tones made him match Poppy more in tone, and in truth he had enjoyed their contrast. But, when something was gained, something was usually lost as well.
“Alright.” Elli decided if she trusted Falren below, then he could at least appease her by embracing her. Even if all he wanted to do was go out there and destroy his enemies, he hadn’t heard any combat. He wrapped his good arm around her, and from his stump he allowed a tiny thread to protrude and slide through Penny’s fur. It was a tender action, delicate and loving as he kissed Poppy’s temple. She wasn’t the same as she used to be. The girl had become broken in many ways and there was not much he could do to fix it. Especially when he was just learning to be a good husband, and father while trying to figure out just what the fuck he was supposed to be with his place in the world when he continued to be the victim of Sinclair’s various experiments.

“It’ll be okay. Your dad has this.” Elli kept out the if not in his own head. If Falren somehow failed, he had every intention of destroy those below.

Petrykus considered Elizabeth’s question. Why would they worry about if it was safe for felines? The fae’s head cocked slowly, then turned to share a look with the other two. They looked just as bewildered as Petrykus seemed to be. Thankfully their faces were very expressive.
“Our gifts.... should be safe... for all...” Petrykus hissed, “We do not.... fret as you humans.... we are... different... superior in.... many ways.” Petrykus said this would any hint of arrogance.

He wasn’t wrong. Elizabeth’s shield’s were magic, but these fae were made of magic and Petrykus especially was a wise old thing. Being made of something, it was not quite so difficult for one such as himself to adjust their own code just a bit to get them inside. It wasn’t as if an entire hoarde would just be walking in, but this was child’s play so long as he had no intention of harming.
“Safe... for all... no worries... for... biology.” Petrykus hissed out in agitation. He didn’’t want to be at the door anymore. He wanted Elli to be here so they could escort him to his new kingdom. Dealing with Elizabeth was one of the last things he wanted to do. He recognized her as head of the house and accepted that.

“These ‘er good love.” Falren said as he bit into some kind of meat pastry that somehow exploded with juice in his mouth. Jerry groaned in approval as he consumed something sweet that looked like some kind of bundle of fisheggs. It left an oozing dark purple trail down one side of his mouth.

“But... if ye dun mind, who in the blasted ‘ells is this king ye want?” Oh god that felt good. American’s had such a blank and flat form of speaking. He’d worked there during his younger years and had maintained it when runnin across certain fae. Even Sinclair kept the flat, borish way of speaking. Falren really missed this. It made him feel young, feel new, and somehow like he and Jerry weren’t cut from the same cloth.

“I... told you... I wish... and can only.... speak... to... the... King. The boy... who eats... magic.” Petrykus said, shuddering at the memory of what he’d heard. It had been something alluded to when it came to Sinclair, but Elli had put on such a display, the aftermath of it could not be ignored.

“I can go get him.” Jerry chimed in as he squeezed something orange between two fingers. It was hard, but the insides seemed to reacted to the attention. Jerry plopped it between his lips. “Shwuud bwe in ‘is woom. Been thwere fer days tending Penny...”

Jerry was mostly right. Elli was also coping with the loss of his father, his own distaste for his mother, and coping with whatever the hell he had turned out to be. Still, he wasn’t letting it get in his way like before.

The Mood is Write

Mom-de-Plume
SITE SUPPORT
DONATING MEMBER
Roleplay Invitations
One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
My Usual Online Time
Writing Levels
Combination.

Favorite Genres

• Mixed Genre
• Multiverse
• High Fantasy
• Hard Fantasy
• Low Fantasy
• OP Fantasy
• Science Fantasy
• Modern Fantasy
• Soft Scifi
• Science Fantasy
• Low Scifi
• OP Science Fantasy
• Urban Fantasy
• Post-Apocalyptic Mixed
• Post-Apocalyptic Scifi
• Dystopia
• Displacement
• Military
• Dying Earth
• Supernatural
• Drama
• Mystery
• Horror
• Religious
• LBGT
• Crime/Detective
• Parody
• Comedy
• Tragedy
Genre You DON'T Like

• Furry
• Fandom
• Historic Non-Fantasy
"Go ahead, Jerry," she urged, then shook her head at her boys' gluttony and looked again at Petrykus. "And go easy on those, I can't understand you as well with your mouths full!"

She didn't trust him in the slightest. For years, she'd tended to her barrier to keep her daughter safe, and having someone prance in... She didn't like it.

Time and again she remembered reminding her daughter that fae couldn't lie, but they were still deceptive, and often found joy in tricking those they deemed 'beneath' them.

Poppy clung back, feeling better, and sighed. It was enough she felt she could get the words out.

"Petrykus," she muttered, between deep breaths, "That's 'oo I saw... Oi kin 'ear 'im talkin wiv mum... and she just told Jerry te come git ye."

She couldn't hide her confusion as she nestled her face against him and inhaled his scent. Their daughter squeaked mightily from her arms, not satisfied with just a tiny pet, and scrambled out, her claws pricking clumsily against her mother's pants and legs until she shoved herself between her parents and began to yell, unsure what she even wanted.

Last edited:

VeilofRain

Calamity Catalyst
Roleplay Invitations
Posting Speed
My Usual Online Time
Writing Levels
Male
Favorite Genres
Genre You DON'T Like
“Petrykus?” Elli couldn’t believe what he was hearing. The last time he had seen that particular fae he had been sticking his head in and out of the hedge and warning Elli that he was going to be killed for being a child of Sinclair. No… he wasn’t Sinclair’s child, he was Bear’s. No, that wasn’t true either, at least not in his bodily make-up. He was something else. Something powerful, but so far he had only been able to harness his power when feeding upon other magic creatures or smoking Ever, both traits Sinclair apparently had.

“I’ll tend to this.” Elli said. If Jerry was coming to get him then it meant Petrykus must not be attacking. Still, Elli couldn’t help but look at his bronzed skin. He caught sight of his pale gold hair. It reminded him of his father in so many ways, and he knew he had earned his father’s temper as he faced, and was broken by trial after trial, but in the end he wasn’t like Bear in mind. Bear was simple, steadfast, and adoring. Bear was a creature of heart, and Elli did everything he could to manifest his own. To not be Sinclair, the man his mother truly loved.

“Stay here.” Elli took a cigarette from his case and lit it with a lighter he summoned from his pocket. He took a long slow drag, decimating a quarter of the stick in one slow inhale. As he exhaled the smoke danced around Poppy and Penny. It smelled of peaches and apricots with coloring just the same. It encircled the two of them, coating them in a protective spell.

“Penny.” Elli whispered to his mewling child. “Be good for your mother.” Elli carefully scooped up his daughter. His little kitten who had nearly died, who would have died without Sinclair. Sinclair who had somehow laid out a means for them to save Penny. It often made Elli wonder if Sinclair could see the future. He smiled at his daughter, feeling that love his father had for him and he brought her close so his nose touched hers. Then, he dragged his human, or rather fae, tongue over his daughter’s head. He laughed as her fur slicked back before he leaned in and kissed Poppy’s brow.

“Never again.” Elli said, swearing he would protect Poppy. He rose up, and pulled on a shirt before heading downstairs. The moment he caught sight of Petrykus his gaze sharpened, but the fae dropped his head in submission. Elli felt confusion at this, and a pang of satisfaction that the fae seemed terrified of him. Jerry was right behind him, having gotten the boy as Falren continued to look through the treats. Elli spotted the gun in his lap, trained on Petrykus. Falren could have a round in the fae before they could know a gun was pointed at them. Feeling some security from that, and Elizabeth’s insulted expression despite her garments, he knew there was plenty to protect Poppy.

“Lord Not Sin… Elli.” Petrykus caught himself from using the old name once he saw Elli. Even with the colors he could not help but see Sinclair in the boy. As Petrykus looked up, he spotted Felicie standing in the rear, arms folded, silent.

“Petrykus.” Elli growled, magic already started to roll off of him and the holes in the mask side of his face began to emit bright green smoke and light trails. Petrykus didn't seem bothered, but he cocked his head in the strange robotic way.

“I have come with news.” Petrykus said, suddenly excited. He tried to shove his lanky, torn cloak body into the house but the protection was too powerful for that. Benevolent intentions or not. Elli couldn’t help but feel his defenses rise like the hackles of a protective beast. “Ah… magic… magic… I have come… with summons… for you to be king… of the… fae.”

Petrykus’ words struck hard. Falren and Jerry both looked entirely taken aback. Felicie squeezed her own arms, and Elli just stared at the fae. “King… of the fae? Why the fuck would I do that?” Elli’s magic was unconsciously forming vicious spears behind him.

The other fae noticed and shifted away, but Petrykus did not movie. “Your power...You and...Gamelan. Something...you did… it is causing Tir Na... Nogg to…. Grow… lush... again. Roots of THE TREE.... have begun sprouting.” Petrykus jerked this way and that as he spoke. Elli didn't like the way it looked. It was too inhuman. Too wrong, even for faerie.

“You must… take… take… your throne… guide us… I see… no glamour… any… more.” Petrykus nearly curled in on himself and Elli had a feeling that was a sign of excitement. Well, if Petrykus wanted a king, Elli would use that to his advantage for now.

“If that is all… you should leave. I’ll consider your… offer.” Elli said in as kingly a voice as he could muster. It was deeper, slow, and he enunciated every syllable. Petrykus seemed to consider him for a long moment before he actually turned around so fast it looked like something out of an old cartoon.

“Yes… I will…. You… come… when… soon… will know… will find…” Petrykus said, and began to flow away. Elli couldn’t think of the creature as doing anything but flowing. He had no limbs to make him think of walking or running, and he did not slither like a snake.

“I guess he does think I’m king.” Elli said when he realized Petrykus had left without anymore argument. Elli turned to Falren who was just quirking one of his brows at the kid. He was chewing on some kind of seed that delighted his human senses.

“Fae don’t lie kid. Not like that. He wants ya as king. But… that doesn’t speak for all of ‘em. I’d ignore it.” Falren said. He wouldn’t want to go out there, and sending out a new father seemed like an even worse idea. It wasn’t even like they were close to the courts entrance. No… the courts had many entrances. The body of the court remained in Ireland, but those were not the only doors. He had to remember that.

“It’s not like they all want me as king anyway, though I can think of one subject I’d gladly execute.” Loki’s face filled his mind. Loki, or Synapse, or something. He had been strangely childish, adjusting to the role of what he was with difficulty. Elli tossed his mother a scathing look before he planted his foot on the first step.

“Poppy it’s alright. They’re gone.” Elli said, then, he looked to Elizabeth. It was her barrier. She’d know best.

The Mood is Write

Mom-de-Plume
SITE SUPPORT
DONATING MEMBER
Roleplay Invitations
One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
My Usual Online Time
Writing Levels
Combination.

Favorite Genres

• Mixed Genre
• Multiverse
• High Fantasy
• Hard Fantasy
• Low Fantasy
• OP Fantasy
• Science Fantasy
• Modern Fantasy
• Soft Scifi
• Science Fantasy
• Low Scifi
• OP Science Fantasy
• Urban Fantasy
• Post-Apocalyptic Mixed
• Post-Apocalyptic Scifi
• Dystopia
• Displacement
• Military
• Dying Earth
• Supernatural
• Drama
• Mystery
• Horror
• Religious
• LBGT
• Crime/Detective
• Parody
• Comedy
• Tragedy
Genre You DON'T Like

• Furry
• Fandom
• Historic Non-Fantasy
Poppy nodded as Elli urged her to stay, said he'd take care of it. He didn't smell nervous, and it helped. The scent of peaches and apricots came from his half-crushed cigarette, and she felt almost ready to purr in relief.

His lick to their daughter brought a smile, and his kiss earned one in return, and finally broke through her nervousness to bring a quiet purr.

Elli would protect them.

Little Penny didn't understand yet, and Poppy hoped that she never would understand what it felt like not to be safe. His promise to Poppy reassured her, and she moved away from the door to let him pass, then sat on his bed.

Elli's approach brought Elizabeth's gaze briefly to him, and she nodded in greeting before her attention returned to Petrykus, in time for him to try to enter her house. She bared her teeth and tightened her grip on her trowel, but he wasn't able to pass through, thankfully.

She would have killed him, benevolent intentions or not.

What the fae declared... that furrowed her brows in confusion. Worry. Surprise. Her first instinct was to object—that her granddaughter would be raised by both parents, and she would put up a fight if one ran off, king of the fae or not.

Elli surprised her not with denial, but with using tact, and a bit of pride made its way into her chest, especially when Petrykus left. She turned to look at Elli, head tilted.

He spoke in a normal voice to address Poppy, despite her lack of presence, and she couldn't help but smile a little. "I'll reinforce the barrier and set up a sort of door-bell if you get any other guests, so they can wait outside the property..." She walked to him and wrapped one arm around the young man's shoulders with a brief squeeze, careful of his stump. "You handled that very well, Elli."

With that, she let go, remembered she was in her gardening clothes, then looked at Falren and Jerry. "Leave some for the rest of us," she scolded. "At least get it to the kitchen table, now that he's gone."

Poppy peeked down from the top of the stairs, feline in form and with a kitten beside her. She, unlike the kitten, wore her yellow and blue collar: her cardigan for her shifted form. She hopped down the first step, then reached up and scruffed the baby before she carried Penny down.

"What'd 'e want...?" she asked after a few moments. "The ovvehs... they weren't wiv im... roight?" She looked around at everyone in turn, including the quiet Felicie.

"Do I smell Ever?" Rare asked suddenly as the metal door that led to the basement, an eyesore to Elizabeth's eyes, opened. Pale brown eyes looked around, judgment in her gaze, even as she felt a tickle in her nose.

VeilofRain

Calamity Catalyst
Roleplay Invitations
Posting Speed
My Usual Online Time
Writing Levels
Male
Favorite Genres
Genre You DON'T Like
Elli couldn’t help the smile that touched his lips when Elizabeth wrapped an arm around him. She wasn’t Bear, but... the approval was nice. Especially since she was Poppy’s mother.
While he was intrigued by the consideration Petrykus offered him, it wasn’t as if he wanted to join those that had hunted. Still, maybe it was seeing what had become of Sinclair, but he couldn’t just see this as black and white. Still, there was Poppy to consider, and he wouldn’t force back into a world where she had been hurt, at least not without getting rid of the one fae that had hurt her.

“Alright love. Just... been a minute since I ‘ad some a this.” Falren muttered. Fae food was dangerous to consume when in the presence of fae. It made their magic flow through you, and you wanted to do what they said. You wanted to be their puppets, to know more pleasures than even that provided by the meal.

“Ya need anythin’ Elli?” Falren asked just as Poppy emerged at the steps with her kitten. Falren’s gaze remained on Elli, and Jerry joined in. He was fae. He was many fae. Hundreds to thousands of them in one body. He was a figure being pieced together as his days continued.

“No. Ah, no Poppy. It was Petrykus and a couple of escorts. No one of note.” Elli knew she was scared of Loki and his companions. Loki who still wanted Poppy. Who was promised to him by Gamelan. There was magic in that vow, and it would have to be answered. No doubt Gamelan would have followed through, or at least attempted to if he had any idea how to stop Elli from turning his power around on him.

Then came Rare... and her nose. Elli’s expression turned sheepish under the curiosity of Sinclair’s main squeeze. He glanced at his mother out of habit. She must have noticed, because she smiled in his direction. It summoned his bitterness towards her once more and a scowl forced itself onto his face. He sighed as he made his way out of Elizabeth’s hold.

“I used some. Fae showed up... it’s the only way I know to get magic in me so far. Well, aside from consumption.” Consumption... it was the nicest way Elli could put it that he had to go cannibalistic on other fae, or use their own magic.

“They want me... well Petrykus claims i’m their king. I’m curious but... I don’t think I’ll take him up on it.” It wasn’t a no, just a thought that he was leaning towards no. The strangeness of the world is what he had always been interested in, even as a child. It was why Bear and Feli had needed to hide his antics from others when he was young. He wanted to know what was going on, but Loki had made a dangerous situation a traumatic one for Poppy. He had to consider her and their child.

“But I think I’ll go find out what this is about.” Elli added, knowing he didn’t want to block off any opportunity to go.

The Mood is Write

Mom-de-Plume
SITE SUPPORT
DONATING MEMBER
Roleplay Invitations
One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
My Usual Online Time
Writing Levels
Combination.

Favorite Genres

• Mixed Genre
• Multiverse
• High Fantasy
• Hard Fantasy
• Low Fantasy
• OP Fantasy
• Science Fantasy
• Modern Fantasy
• Soft Scifi
• Science Fantasy
• Low Scifi
• OP Science Fantasy
• Urban Fantasy
• Post-Apocalyptic Mixed
• Post-Apocalyptic Scifi
• Dystopia
• Displacement
• Military
• Dying Earth
• Supernatural
• Drama
• Mystery
• Horror
• Religious
• LBGT
• Crime/Detective
• Parody
• Comedy
• Tragedy
Genre You DON'T Like

• Furry
• Fandom
• Historic Non-Fantasy
Falren's utter distraction with the snacks, to the point he didn't listen to her before the fae left, was worrisome. Almost as much as Elli being the apparent king. Still, she only raised a brow at her human lover, then sighed. She could understand the reason, but that didn't mean she wasn't worried, even with his gun in his lap.

The creatures might have tried to use the magical connection of the food to try to control or harm him... She was thankful they didn't, but worries were constant in her mind, even in safety, and now that her place of safety was violated...

Her gaze moved to her daughter as she came down the stairs. As one of the few who could smell her every emotion, her heart broke at the scents that clung to the girl.

Poppy placed the kitten on the floor and watched little Penny stumble to her feet, then look around with a squeak of demand for attention.

"Mm," Poppy hummed quietly, glad it wasn't anyone 'of note', as he put it. Petrykus was one of the bad guys in her mind, but he hadn't hurt them this time. This time.

Rare's entrance and demand to know about Ever use brought Poppy's gaze from the floor to the other woman.

Rare's eyes narrowed at Elli as he admitted he used it, and then said it was the only way for him to use magic. She still remembered the awful last morning in Cork, and she waddled over to Elli, staring him in the eyes as he explained all that happened.

"Find another way to use magic," she countered with a stern and unforgiving expression, slicing through any commentary the others might have given.

For a few long moments, even Elizabeth remained quiet before she cleared her throat.

"You aren't going alone, and it would not be wise to take Poppy," Elizabeth muttered. "I'd suggest taking Rare, since she's been before and is hard to traumatize, but she's about to pop..."

"Don't phrase it like that," Rare wrinkled her nose. "I've had that happen..." She shook her head, then smirked in dark amusement as Elizabeth shuddered, likely imagining something near to the truth.

VeilofRain

Calamity Catalyst
Roleplay Invitations
Posting Speed
My Usual Online Time
Writing Levels
Male
Favorite Genres
Genre You DON'T Like
“Excuse me.” Elli’s displeasure at being ordered around ignited in an instant at Rare’s order. Her vicious looks may have worked on others, even him once, but he had seen too much, lost too much, and endured even more on Sinclair’s behalf. He had to protect Poppy, which meant he would do anything. Anything. Elizabeth stole the flow of the conversation as she suggested he bring someone along with him. Elli considered his options. Vargo, Falren, Jerry... none of the females should come, and he most definitely wasn’t going to bring his mother. It seemed strange to already be thinking about going back to that place. Elli didn’t like it, but he was too curious. He had faced Gamelan, and if they were submissive to him, then what could Elli have left to fear.

“I’ll bring Jerry.” Elli said, knowing that while the man was loyal to Elizabeth, he would be amiable. Vargo was too connected to Rare, and Falren would no doubt try to take command. Elli didn’t need that, not on this kind of mission.
“I’ll use the cursor to go there.” The cursor was still here. It had slammed shut last time he and Poppy had traveled, but Elli had spent some time getting to know it. Now he could not only open a gate, but he could make it so that the others could open and close one with simple pressure. He still wasn’t entirely sure why he had been gifted the knowledge of how to use the cursor, but he had a bad feeling it had been something Sinclair intended to use before he died.

“Petrykus and the others got here somehow. The paths to the courts aren’t only in one place.” Felicie’s interjection earned a sparing look from her son. Jerry and Falren turned to her too, and it was only then that Falren remembered that Felicie had spent a great deal of time working with Sinclair. It was hard to remember with the way her moods seemed to come and go. She could be happy one moment, then utterly depressed the next. It was frustrating, but Sinclair had never seemed bothered by it.

“Then... I’d have to go now to follow them. Besides... I know how to leave you guys the cursor now. If we went the other way there is no telling how we’d get back.” Elli purposely contradicted her just to do it. He was still bitter, but he was also right. Elli was fae, and even if he wasn’t he was coming to understand the magic . It was unlikely Elizabeth, or the others could use the same paths. Falren would be the closest. Elli recalled the man mentioning Celtic tattoos. Runes in his flesh that he’d used other magic to hide and nullify just so he wouldn’t be too deeply tied to the that world. It had happened before he’d ever met Elizabeth.

“E’s right.” Falren said. “T’would be good fer us to ‘ave a way there and back. I missed my brogue.” Falren rubbed his moustache as if it were a beloved family pet. He’d loved dropping the American accent he had adopted.

“Alright.” Felicie said as she shrugged. Elli nodded and looked at Jerry, who was clearly battling with the urge to obey Elizabeth and eat more.

———
—————-
———————

Sinclair balked at the sight that laid before him. He stood before a stadium made of stone and root. There were shapes that would be impossible to support. The gnarled roots, upon closer inspection, were more like tentacles, or even veins. Everything seemed to shift, as if there were another layer below the surface. Lazarus descended a set of stairs towards a ring which radiated a strange power. No, it was radiating power. Power was conglomeration there. Masses of intense essence. It was not strength, or ki, or spirit, but something. Something that could do just because it was known. There was so much Sinclair began to feel giddy as the hairs on his arms began to stand. He wa definitely alive, if only barely.

“Come... you must meet the others.” Lazarus’ foot touched the edge of the ring, and for the first time Sinclair saw him. The colors of Bio’s vision exploded, and Sinclair saw a creature too large to fit in that body. The center of power was like a vortex. It consumed many streams which poured inward from many places. Sinclair knew from just a look there the veins which bound it were from countless universes. There was no specific selection, no congruence in any of the veins. They just surged into it, and yet he still knew it wasn’t enough.

After a moment, he began to see more colors and more shapes began to emerged.

The Mood is Write

Mom-de-Plume
SITE SUPPORT
DONATING MEMBER
Roleplay Invitations
One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
My Usual Online Time
Writing Levels
Combination.

Favorite Genres

• Mixed Genre
• Multiverse
• High Fantasy
• Hard Fantasy
• Low Fantasy
• OP Fantasy
• Science Fantasy
• Modern Fantasy
• Soft Scifi
• Science Fantasy
• Low Scifi
• OP Science Fantasy
• Urban Fantasy
• Post-Apocalyptic Mixed
• Post-Apocalyptic Scifi
• Dystopia
• Displacement
• Military
• Dying Earth
• Supernatural
• Drama
• Mystery
• Horror
• Religious
• LBGT
• Crime/Detective
• Parody
• Comedy
• Tragedy
Genre You DON'T Like

• Furry
• Fandom
• Historic Non-Fantasy
Rare was about to ream the young man, but the conversation moved on. Her eyes remained firmly on Elli, though. The front of indignation only hid the fear that Poppy and Elizabeth could smell, though her trembling fists spoke volumes.

Elizabeth glanced at Rare, then waved a hand to dismiss her, which Rare accepted and returned downstairs to the lab. The further away from Ever-users she was, the better...

The Councilman sighed quietly as she pondered Elli's decision of who to take with him. Just Jerry.

She didn't much like that, mostly because Jerry wasn't as strong-willed as Falren. To send him into fae lands could be a disaster.

Still, she refused to show her worry—much.

"Elli, I would prefer you take more than one person, but I do understand your reasoning..." She frowned thoughtfully. "Jerry, Elli, watch each other's backs. Remember that coming back home safe is the top priority."

"Falren, could you give Jerry a rundown on what to expect on the trip before they go? I'm going to prepare some supplies..."

Everything was happening quickly. Poppy looked around at everyone from where she stood on the ground as a cat, one eye on the kitten who played clumsily with Jerry's shoelaces.

"So..." Poppy started, "Yeh goin?" she asked as she stared up at Elli. "Roight now...? Y'should take..." she trailed off as she forgot what exactly to call the coat and daggers now, and her tail lowered as she stared at the ground, thinking.

"His father's tools?" Elizabeth called from the kitchen. "That would be wise!" As she spoke, she packed foods that were easy to eat on the run, including a large amount of bread.

Preparation for their trip was a convenient way for the others not to see her unease... though that she was prepping so much was a clear sign for anyone who knew her well.

VeilofRain

Calamity Catalyst
Roleplay Invitations
Posting Speed
My Usual Online Time
Writing Levels
Male
Favorite Genres
Genre You DON'T Like
Elli hadn’t thought of taking his father’s instruments with him. He’d left them neatly put away, tended as best he could from the few lessons he had gotten from him. He knew Rare could teach him more, but he wasn’t going to bother a pregnant woman, especially one that hated his way of getting magic. It felt weird not being to use something he was essentially made of.
“I’ll keep you all posted.” Elli said. “I have a few things I worked on. They’re ready for field testing.”

Elli had always been curious, a creator, even if he couldn’t do it in the way he once had. He had taken bits and pieces from their time in the world they had discovered Bio within. Bio, where was she at the moment? If there was an issue with it he knew she could fix it, but he also knew it wouldn’t struggle that much as they would be remaining in the same universe, hell, they weren’t even leaving the planet.

“I’ll go with the lad.” Falren said. “Jerry can stay behind. ‘E’s got a good eye, but it’ll be best. I know what can be.”

There it was, that stern nature Elizabeth desired in him. He wasn’t going to let Elli tell him no. Jerry on the other hand didn’t protest. Falren may have been grumpy, and aloof, but he had a more adventurous spirit than Jerry. Despite his recovery, he could not forget the unforgiving nature of the world and what it had done to him. Honestly, it was that past, and his current predicament that made it so easy for him to idolize and adore Elizabeth.

“I’ll get your father’s things.” Felicie said in a soft voice. Elli tossed her a hard look, but she ignored it in favor of heading off to get the tools. Elli looked down at his stump arm. He would be at a disadvantage with this. It would be best if he had some apparatus to mount one of the daggers there. It would give him a constant weapon. He couldn’t do what Bio could and make a synthetic limb that was fully functioning. He could make what he called a “rotten arm.” It was a limb he crafted from roots and the flesh of trees. It game him a poorly functioning limb that would rot away within hours.

“We’re tuh figure out what they want lad and be back. If they see ya as a king they may not like ya trying to walk out.” Falren met the look Elli gave him. It was one that told him there was no guarantee the boy wouldn’t accept it. If he did, well, Falren feared for the fae then. Elli was the type to want revenge. He was quick to anger like his father. His apprehension from before the change to his life had been replaced by a bitter fury that Falren did not want for the boy. Falren was bitter, but he wasn’t prone to anger. Sinclair knew fury, but he kept it behind a calm veil. Falren didn’t see the means to keep himself at bay inside Elli.

“Poppy.” Elli turned to his beloved and crouched down. He wondered if his smile was the same as it had been when he had so innocently fallen for her. He doubted it. “Be good. There isn’t much elixir left, but make sure you use every drop. Make sure Penny drinks up.” Elli said as he pet her with his one good hand. “I’ll miss you. I’ll be back.”

Elli leaned in and pressed his lips to Poppy’s head. It was tender, gentle, because she was in feline form, but he inhaled her scent.

“We’ll leave in an hour or tuh. No need to be rushing yer goodbyes.” Falren mused. Elli still didn’t pull back from Poppy.

Falren let a small smile raise his moustache. Jerry grinned at them, looking up as Felicie returned. She had the folded up old leather of Bear’s jacket and his two daggers. She carried them to the table and gingerly set them down. Falren saw no particular sorrow in her eyes. Felicie always did this after some loss, she shut down. Turned away, becoming vigorous only when things turned for the best. She was a victim of her scenario, but that was also how and why she had met Sinclair.

“Get changed lad.” Falren turned to Elizabeth. He kissed her cheek before starting up the steps to do the same.

The Mood is Write

Mom-de-Plume
SITE SUPPORT
DONATING MEMBER
Roleplay Invitations
One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
My Usual Online Time
Writing Levels
Combination.

Favorite Genres

• Mixed Genre
• Multiverse
• High Fantasy
• Hard Fantasy
• Low Fantasy
• OP Fantasy
• Science Fantasy
• Modern Fantasy
• Soft Scifi
• Science Fantasy
• Low Scifi
• OP Science Fantasy
• Urban Fantasy
• Post-Apocalyptic Mixed
• Post-Apocalyptic Scifi
• Dystopia
• Displacement
• Military
• Dying Earth
• Supernatural
• Drama
• Mystery
• Horror
• Religious
• LBGT
• Crime/Detective
• Parody
• Comedy
• Tragedy
Genre You DON'T Like

• Furry
• Fandom
• Historic Non-Fantasy
Elizabeth relaxed the moment Falren said he would go. That was the safest person who could go with him, to be honest. He knew about the fae, and he was using that tone she so liked...

Jerry didn't object either, not that she expected it. He seemed to enjoy the wonders of having a home and helping around in it. With him there, it also meant she had someone good at shooting home while Falren and Elli were taking care of their errand.

Poppy nodded and pushed her forehead into his lips. She felt his breath pull at her fur, and it reassured her. "Oi'll be waitin' fe ye, Elli," she purred, half from worry.

Elizabeth's mind pondered all that was going on, and one thing niggled at her a little, enough to speak up after Falren told Elli to get changed, and her hand caught her lover's before he could hurry off.

"Elli, you mentioned field testing..." Elizabeth called, "That sounds like the sort of thing Bio should help with. She's in her lab..."

"And Fen?" she said as she looked back at him, like she was going to speak, but instead, she kissed him on the lips, brief and loving. She felt sure he knew that she wanted him to return safe and to look after Elli. He was a very smart man. Still, she did say something more. "Keep your phones with you and don't lose your heads, figuratively or literally."

She was, if nothing else, a worrier. She couldn't fully shut up when saying goodbyes.

So, she began to finish packing for the two, only to pause. She half wanted to send Bio with them, but then they would be minus a doctor for Rare. Elizabeth knew how to midwife, but Bio could see things that she couldn't, and after what happened with Poppy's children...

No, Bio had to stay here.

VeilofRain

Calamity Catalyst
Roleplay Invitations
Posting Speed
My Usual Online Time
Writing Levels
Male
Favorite Genres
Genre You DON'T Like
Elli gazed down at the device in his hand as the cursor closed behind him and Falren. It wasn’t much, it looked like little more than a flip-phone, but it would allow his family to keep in touch with him even through magic. Touched up by Bio, it could even perform a live video and audio connection. There was an SOS link to it that would allow them to come to his position from the cursor, though he hoped he would not need it.

It was interesting trying to craft something of technology around the concept of magic. Ever since realizing the truth he had designated more time to the study of it. When his daughter was sleeping and he was watching her he would put himself to the task. So far, it seemed as if it was working.

“Hey, make sure to keep yours nearby.” Elli said and then stuffed it into his pocket. No, his father’s pocket. The leather jacket pretty big on him, and the blades were heavy, but he would use them if need be. He’d be no master of it, but it would be better than nothing. He even made sure to wrap the blade with iron in it. Elli was not confident he would not hurt himself without Sinclair’s powerful protection.

He withdrew an Ever cigarette from his pack just as he heard the scratch of a lighter igniting. Falren had lighting an actual cigarette. Elli held out his own and the man lit it without concern. He didn't share Rare’s issue with the stuff, though he would have if it had been Sinclair himself.
“Keep yer head on boyo.” Falren stuffed the lighter into his jacket pocket. He was dressed as he had in his old detective days. He’d even slapped on his suspenders and popped a fedora on his head. He was going for an old noir detective sort of look.

In comparison, Elli’s shirt and pants with his father’s old leather jacket made him feel like he looked homeless. Falren was sporting a tie for heaven’s sake. None of them had time to appreciate the room before a door burst open at the far end. Falren’s gun was in his hand in no time as several figures no taller than their waists rushed in carrying short heavy looking blades. A couple held spears pointed at the two of them.

“Where’d ya drop us lad.”
“In the court.” Elli said as the thing he called a rotting hand formed on his arm. The wood formed a sharp tip, good for stabbing and little else. His eyes began to glow green as his magic began to radiate from him.

“I came to see Petrykus.” Elli said. The fae looked to one another, before someone emerged from behind the doorway. She was a startling beauty. Her skin was a cloud blue, with hair hair threaded in what looked to be actual diamonds. The crystalline dreadlocks made a gentle tinkling noise.
She eyed Elli with intrigue, and apathy all at the same time. Her body was clad in something that barely passed as material. He could see the darker blueish tint of her nipples through her clothes, and found that thankfully she had something else, albeit that was painfully small, covering her nethers as well. She smiled at him, paying Falren absolutely no mind.

“Greetings my king.” Her voice was music, with the vague hint of an accent like Falren’s. It seemed tempered though, as if practiced. Elli didn't gawk, but he drank her in. Long ears, too long. He noted how the ends were thinner than paper and seemed to flow like a gentle flame. Her hair was heavy yet full, doing the opposite of her ears and seeming stiff, yet somehow soft. Her lips were the same colors as her nipples and she had freckles that danced like starlight in her skin.

“I am Ahndille.” Her voice stunned the men, and Falren was already lowering his weapon without thinking. His gaze didn't soften though.

“Chancellor to the court, tis the most appropriate that comes to mind when comparing to human constructs. My proper title is-”
“I’m not your king.” Elli cut her off. She paused at his interruption, sharpening her own gaze before finishing.
“Fohl. Fohl Ahndille is the proper way to use my title. Especially if you are not the king. Just as you are sometimes called the Not Sinner.” She mused, but there was a twinkle in her eyes that clearly hoped for the opposite of what the name could be. Elli considered her, and her soldiers, before he felt Falren’s eyes burning into him.

“Petrykus. Take me to him.” Elli said. Ahndille bowed her head ever so slightly.

-------------------------------------------------

Petrykus hadn’t expected them so suddenly. He had no expression, but the tension in his… flaps, torn cloth? Elli still couldn’t quite figure out what to think of the invisible bodied, or bodiless fae. Fohl Ahndille stood patiently to the side, offering no deference to Petrykus. Elli realized they must have been similar in whatever rank system existed in this place.

“My… l-liege.” Petrykus stuttered, and lowered himself. Before his mask-like face could touch the floor, Elli outstretched a hand to halt him. Petrykus jerked to a stop. It was eerie watching him even do that. There was something distinctly not alive about his motions.

“I am not… accepting the position just yet.” Elli said, remembering he needed to play the game carefully. Petrykus didn't have eyes as far as Elli could tell, but somehow he felt the fae glance at Ahdnille.

“I...see.” Petrykus stood taller, as if knowing that kept him from needing to adhere to Elli’s wishes. Standing up, the fae lumbered over them quite easily. The torn shreds that seemed to drape over an unseen body curtained him, making him more imposing now.

“What… can I… do… to… assist… you. Not… Sinner.” Petrykus used that strange name against that Elli hated. The fae gazed at him with the peerless gaze of his.

“I’m still not certain why you want me as king.” Elli said. Petrykus’ entire body began to jitter. Before he could speak, another hand landed on Elli’s shoulder. He felt Falren move before he did, but no attacks came. Fohl Ahndille was smiling at him with that too pretty smile.

“I will show you. Petrykus, if you do not mind.” Ahndille wasn’t really asking. Both Falren and Elli knew that, but the formality played out just as expected. It wasn’t long before the two were being led down halls towards the outside. From the arched shapes, and various vines and roots that crawled along the walls, it was apparent this was natural. Not boxy and hewn by their hands. Magic, both of fae and nature had made this place. This however, was nothing compared to what awaited them outside.

Compared to the destruction and gray despair they had seen last time, the world was blossoming. The grass shimmered like emeralds, and the sky looked like a painter’s palette if they blended the colors together at just the edges. Trees sprouted everywhere, and flowers blossomed in a near painful to look at development. In the center, a massive tree stretched towards the heaven’s. Just beyond it he could see a darker atmosphere, but, it didn't feel disgusting.

“The fae Gamelan’s magic was… unorthodox. It seemed foreign, and dangerous. The fae did as he said out of survival and fear, as well as respect. I am of the Unseelie, and Gamelan seemed to prefer this place. A strange creature arrived to warn us of your victory… or survival.” The pointed edge of her words hit Elli hard. They had not bested Gamelan. He slid his good hand to a dagger, and felt the bindings around the other hand tighten.

Falren sucked hard on his cigar. He had not been there for that fiasco.

“You twisted his magic, and brought life instead of death. The seeds of that have spread across the land and in a short time the fae have bloomed. We have named it Neodrach and the one known as Loki has connected us to fae from other realms.” At those words Elli’s gaze hardened. Ahndille must have sensed it because she paused without looking at him. Slowly, she reached out, and her hand took Elli by his wooden forearm. He didn't recoil, he barely felt it, and he was busy seething from the inner rage.

“I have heard of this too. I was there.” Ahndille confessed. Elli’s fury turned on her so quickly. He yanked his wooden arm from her and took a step back. Ahndille did not appear bothered in the slightest. She could read the blame in his eyes. The eagerness for death. She liked it.

“You are strong in your own right. This decision is not one made out of love for you. Your power though, it has connected us. You would do us a great boon as our king, but, it is your power we need. Not your head.” Ahndille wasn’t mincing words. Falren eyed her with a curious irritation.

“So, ya don’t want him as yer king then?” Falren asked. Ahndille shrugged.

“Tis not a matter of being my king. The courts were left in disarray after Sinner’s departure. There is consideration to unify them before we separate again. I do not see the need. But you aren’t chosen for politics-” Ahndille gave him a knowing look.

“Elli.” He gave his own name just to avoid being called “Not Sinner.” With no real name, he knew they couldn’t take power from him.

“You may do as you please. As fae king you twill be bathed in whatever boons you desire.” At this she offered him a smile that Elli couldn’t keep from pooling some heat in his loins. Her nipples had become a bit puffier he noticed as well.

“I’ll… still need to think.” Elli said and she laughed a hypnotic sonnet with just that sound.
“Oh of course. There are few that would not simply take such power. I think you will be very interesting, magic or no.” Ahndille’s smile was sincere now, and Elli couldn’t help but wonder at a strange softness there. Falren’s firm grip on his shoulder brought his head back.

“We got summa our answers lad. Let’s go for now, yeah?” Falren was rushing this. Elli could see the concern in his eyes, but the young man shook his head.

“You can go back. I’ll ponder it here. We can communicate with them without leaving.” Elli reached into the leather jacket and pulled out the device. Falren hardened his gaze on it before turning it back onto Elli.

“Did ya not hear lad. They want yer power. That’s how kings get turned into puppets.” Falren tossed a hard look at Ahndille but she just smiled and folded her arms, pushing up her bosom. Falren ignored her.

“I heard her. But…” Elli was wrestling with the idea. If he became king, even if they intended to make him a puppet he could always use their power. He had power, and if he remained here… well he could feel the magic plucking at his pores, as if asking for entrance. He wasn’t sure he wanted to let it in, but the thought was rather appealing.

“Let’s make a call. Ahdnille, leave us.” Elli spoke with authority before realizing it. Ahndille smirked as she bowed, and stolled away from them with a sway in her hips that would have made any man or woman stare at her full perfect ass. Fucking fae.

Falren snatched the device and pressed the button to call back home.
“Hey, we found out they dun want Elli to be king outta love. Whatever ‘e did with ol’ Gammy was brought some life back here. They’re gonna call it Neodrach. Want the kid’s magic to make it stronger.” Falren said, and waited. Elli sighed and began patrolling the room, taking in the unique beauty it held. Fae were so different from humans. Even the similarities that existed seemed to require being distorted in order to make them match.

Last edited:

The Mood is Write

Mom-de-Plume
SITE SUPPORT
DONATING MEMBER
Roleplay Invitations
One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
My Usual Online Time
Writing Levels
Combination.

Favorite Genres

• Mixed Genre
• Multiverse
• High Fantasy
• Hard Fantasy
• Low Fantasy
• OP Fantasy
• Science Fantasy
• Modern Fantasy
• Soft Scifi
• Science Fantasy
• Low Scifi
• OP Science Fantasy
• Urban Fantasy
• Post-Apocalyptic Mixed
• Post-Apocalyptic Scifi
• Dystopia
• Displacement
• Military
• Dying Earth
• Supernatural
• Drama
• Mystery
• Horror
• Religious
• LBGT
• Crime/Detective
• Parody
• Comedy
• Tragedy
Genre You DON'T Like

• Furry
• Fandom
• Historic Non-Fantasy
Elizabeth frowned on her end. "So, they want to use him." It wasn't a question, and it wasn't unexpected, either. She exhaled heavily and glanced to one side as she held her phone to her ear. "Alright, we'll bring you back. Just press, right?"

Before Falren could answer, a quiet voice spoke from behind him and Elli.

"hUllO," a broken and childlike chimed. "Arrrre yeeee... Falren?"

A puff of smoke emerged, smelling cloyingly of raspberries and strawberries, and then a small laugh.

From among some curtains, a figure emerged, their movements unsteady. They wore smeared lipstick and a pink suit. Their dark skin was freckled, and white hair curly. It was impossible to tell male or female.

Soft-colored flowers grew from their face, scalp, and even one of their orange-brown, slitted eyes, which was glossy and lazy, while the other was alert, bright, and staring direct at Falren from between long black lashes.

"I hope ye arrent leeeeeeeavin s'soon," they chattered, their movements wooden.

VeilofRain

Calamity Catalyst
Roleplay Invitations
Posting Speed
My Usual Online Time
Writing Levels
Male
Favorite Genres
Genre You DON'T Like
“We’re not leaving soon.” Elli said, earning a sharp look from Falren. Falren wanted to leave here, they had found out what they wanted, which meant there was more at play than was being let on. Fae may not be able to lie, but that didn’t stop them from keeping secrets and bending the truth. There was no reason to stay here any longer just because some strange looking fae stepped out of seemingly nowhere.

The aroma that struck Falren was strangely... familiar, but he couldn’t place why. The strange speech patterns left him with a sense of unease that didn’t reach Elli. The young man didn’t seem bothered by this strange development, and it perturbed Falren to see him be so casual about all this. Elli was up to something, and though he resembled Bear, he bore Sinclair’s bone structure, his mind, all mixed with that fae’s untethered rage. It wasn’t as scary as Sinclair’s calculations, but it didn’t stop Falren from not trusting what the kid could do. Kid... no, Elli was well beyond a child now. He was a man, one which Falren had allowed into the core of a battery he could use to power some strange scheme. Well, that couldn’t be his primary concern, he had to trust that Elli cared enough about Poppy not to do anything too drastic.

“Who the feck are ye?” Falren asked, not shy about putting his hand on his gun. Elli considered the fae, then turned away from the two of them.

“You can handle this right? I need to talk to Petrykus.” It was clear this fae wanted to talk to Falren. As curious as Elli was, he could use a distraction for Falren. There was a lot that could be done with this, including a distinct chance at revenge. Ahndille claimed even if she did not believe in him she would serve him for his power. Elli couldn’t help but be concerned that if he did come here, he really would just be a pawn. They wanted him to bring life back into this place, but it seemed just fine on its own. So, what more were they hoping for?

“Lad, ye shouldn’t be goin’ off on yer own.” Falren said, though he wasn’t taking his eyes from this strange fae. He didn’t like the feeling she/he, it gave him. It knew his name, it didn’t want him to leave. Falren didn’t like the familiarity of the freckled skin and pale hair. Elli cared for Poppy, but no doubt the boy was too distracted, too new to this to put together the pieces of what could be. The coincidence of it could have been just that, but Falren’s jaw clenched and unclenched repeatedly.

“You got this.” Elli smirked as he slipped out of another door. Falren tore his eyes from the new fae for only a moment. He cut out his cry of protest when the door shut behind Elli. He grumbled to himself as he turned back to the fae he’d been left alone with. Falren didn’t hide his displeasure, and allowed an audible sigh to escape him as he eyed it.

“So, jus’ what’d ya want from me?”

With Falren left behind, Elli was eager to do what he really wanted to do here. He wanted Loki dead. The look in his lover’s eyes whenever she thought of this place, when Petrykus just reached the door left his heart broken. Before he engaged Petrykus, he wanted to be prepared. Elli slammed the blade arm into a nearby wall, and ripped off the rotting flesh of the old wood. He retrieved the blood from it and tucked it back into its sheath. He took a bloom from a vine on the wall and pressed it to his stump. With a bit of magic it began to sprout, digging into his flesh and burying itself there.

If they really wanted him as King, Elli would need to find out how far they’d be willing to go.

The Mood is Write

Mom-de-Plume
SITE SUPPORT
DONATING MEMBER
Roleplay Invitations
One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
My Usual Online Time
Writing Levels
Combination.

Favorite Genres

• Mixed Genre
• Multiverse
• High Fantasy
• Hard Fantasy
• Low Fantasy
• OP Fantasy
• Science Fantasy
• Modern Fantasy
• Soft Scifi
• Science Fantasy
• Low Scifi
• OP Science Fantasy
• Urban Fantasy
• Post-Apocalyptic Mixed
• Post-Apocalyptic Scifi
• Dystopia
• Displacement
• Military
• Dying Earth
• Supernatural
• Drama
• Mystery
• Horror
• Religious
• LBGT
• Crime/Detective
• Parody
• Comedy
• Tragedy
Genre You DON'T Like

• Furry
• Fandom
• Historic Non-Fantasy
"Do ye seeeeee me?" The stranger asked as they stepped still closer to Falren, their attention not once leaving him. They seemed to neither know nor care that Elli had been there at all. "Been... c-c-c-callllling for you for a lo-o-o-ong time."

A smile slowly spread on the stranger's lips.

"Ye ne'er spoke to me b'fore," they chimed as they swayed in place in front of Falren, shorter than him, though not by a lot.

Their smile dropped away suddenly, replaced by a pouting glare as their head jerkily tilted to one side, then rolled forward so they stared at him from beneath their curls.

"If ye kin see me, 'at means... I can... Kill you!"

Their glare became a twisted grin, and they stepped back suddenly.

"No-o-o-o-t yet, not yet... Soon. Soon soon soon... Not yet."

Their expression calmed, and they stepped forward again, and reached slowly to take Falren's lapel, to pull him down. "Give ma goodni kiss an' I miiiiight... not kill you. Kiss kiss..." Their head rolled from side to side as they spoke in sing-song.

On the other end of the phone, Elizabeth frowned in concern.

"Falren? Is everything alright over there?"

VeilofRain

Calamity Catalyst
Roleplay Invitations
Posting Speed
My Usual Online Time
Writing Levels
Male
Favorite Genres
Genre You DON'T Like
“Yeah Eliza. I’m fine. Someone’s lookin fer trouble.” Falren said. Whatever this creature was he didn’t like it. He know what the fuck it was talking about, but he had no idea who or what it was. If it had been trying to speak to him for some time, he certainly hadn’t been aware of it. Though that was part of the problem wasn’t it. This fae, this creature, whatever it was had been seeking him for some time now.

Falren’s gun was already pressed to the creature’s side. Iron and silver bullets loaded into it. He had it drawn the moment the creature had reached for his lapel. He had it in place when skin(or whatever it was) had made contact with the material of his jacket.

“No kisses lad. Only one gets those, and that ain’t ya.” Falren pulled back the hammer on his revolver. He wished Elli hadn’t been so quick to leave, but the kid’s senses for danger weren’t so keen. Not nearly as much as a hunters. Elli may have been fae, but he did not have the training and history that the multiverse protectors had.

“Now, I think some distance would be good.” Falren said, jerking himself away as hard as he could while keeping his fun pointed on the creature, or thing. He didn’t like this thing, but what mattered to him more was the fact that it said it had been trying to speak to him for some time. Falren wondered if he should start relying on more than his gun.

“You an assassin? A kid of some victim of the job?” Falren had killed many in the past, a lot of which hadn’t deserved it. Blocham flashed in his mind. He’d been so hard, so focused back then. Now, he couldn’t help but feel that edge had softened. He would need it in this place. The fae had always been dangerous, but this thing was broken, and strange. This thing was a strange marionette-like nightmare.

Last edited:

The Mood is Write

Mom-de-Plume
SITE SUPPORT
DONATING MEMBER
Roleplay Invitations
One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
My Usual Online Time
Writing Levels
Combination.

Favorite Genres

• Mixed Genre
• Multiverse
• High Fantasy
• Hard Fantasy
• Low Fantasy
• OP Fantasy
• Science Fantasy
• Modern Fantasy
• Soft Scifi
• Science Fantasy
• Low Scifi
• OP Science Fantasy
• Urban Fantasy
• Post-Apocalyptic Mixed
• Post-Apocalyptic Scifi
• Dystopia
• Displacement
• Military
• Dying Earth
• Supernatural
• Drama
• Mystery
• Horror
• Religious
• LBGT
• Crime/Detective
• Parody
• Comedy
• Tragedy
Genre You DON'T Like

• Furry
• Fandom
• Historic Non-Fantasy
Falren called her 'Eliza'. The corner of her mouth twitched. She listened through the phone, though she couldn't hear as much as she would like, she could hear him rebuffing someone who wanted kisses, and then started asking if they were an assassin or after revenge.

She tried to listen for an answer and held her breath to try to better hear.

The creature before Falren gasped, a high-pitched and giddy sound as their expression shifted to pure joy. A giggle escaped, and they took a dance-like step towards him. They were ignoring his gun.

"Ye're asssskin' afterrr meeee-ee-e? Fear no, I'm... not be takin' ye from ye one a-a-a-and oooonly..."

Their head jerked to one side as though it lacked the strength to stay upright for long on its own. It hung a moment, swaying slightly, then lifted as the stranger looked up at Falren.

"A few-few-few of my o-o-o-ownnnnners... they ha-a-a-a-ated you."

Their head fell again as they shifted to one side.

"But I-I-I taaaaste lik-k-ke... you. Kept... them from-om-om... om-om-om-om-om..."

Their voice trailed off, repeating the same syllable for some time as their hands spasmed.

"Fen, what's going on?" Elizabeth asked quietly through the phone. "Do I need to get you?"

"Ah!" the stranger finally snapped out of their fit. They blinked several times, then reached into a pocket and withdrew a raspberry-colored cigar from an inner coat pocket, every movement jerking. They reached into another and pulled out, but dropped, one of Falren's old and long-lost lighters.

For a few long moments, they just stared down at it.

Last edited: