Rare May snow in Arkansas

No filter at all! just an eco system with fish! They are self sustained! the round one (Kostroma) is all most 36 inches deep.. very hard to dig a hoe that deep in rocky soil..

And Kupala is 18 inches deep! (the longer one by the house)

Both are 285 gallons of water.. Though the math on it might be flawed.. I just filled a 5 gallon bucket with water and timed it to get an idea how much water was in the ponds.. Odd they both came out to the exact same amount.. and they are named after twins from Russian folklore.. All so There where two Winter snowstorms that produced all most the same amount of snow each.. I named them Kupala and Kostroma as well.. the first of these snow storms hit right when building the pond so I called it Kupala after the pond..

It was all very interesting..

More flowers!

Hibiscus flower

'Nother Hibiscus flower

Fuchsia that I need to get in the ground soon..

Native white flowers.. no idea what they are..

Caster bean plants make big tropical leaves..

Day lillies native to Georgia that I brought to Arkansas.. seem to be doing well!

This Clematis vine too 3 years to finally look awesome!

Red Hollyhock

Pink Hollyhock

Pink Astilb next to one of my ponds I call Kostroma. somehow that pond has minnows in it and I did not put them there... that's weird..

My USSR flag survived the tornado with winds close to 90 mph but won't stay at the top of the stick anymore!

The jungle is returning fast... last year most of that stuff was as tall as the house.. with all the rain lately if will get there again soon!

I go through one of those flags a year.. the wind and weather is so extreme it rips them apart.. I retire the old ones to the barn!

It wont snow for our garden tea party, right?
OR else it will be hot cocoa in the garden~

NO AUGUST SNOW! D:

AUGUST!? You are coming then!? That is the time of the year it reaches 110 with nighttime lows in the 80's..

End of august...
And only a maybe to it for now...
AND I SHALL BRING SHORTS AND STRAWBERRY PLANTS!

strawberries.jpeg

LETS HOPE FOR THESE NEH?! :D maybe we plant them very cutely
i heard you can get them a dollar a bundle :3

Nope.. It's in the backyard! Though the people next to us can see during Winter!

The fun part is when we bought this house I put that flag out there marking where I was going to build Kostroma. And the people living here had not even moved out yet.. bet they where wondering about that.. Turning their land over to the communist government..

Well we can research and find which ones would be good to plant in AK weather and taste the best!

I might get some decent squash this year.. and will get a lot of peppers.. due to the extremes mos the other veggies will only produce small amounts if any thing! Out of the herbs the basil seems to be doing the best..