Rape Culture

@Brovo I just meant to add to the idea that there is a mindset of people (small or otherwise) who believe in this, even if they aren't willing to speak up. They exist. That was all, :3.
Aye, is all good. Just noting that in the article, the majority don't want it. Which is good, because the majority set the culture, whereas the minority set the counterculture. Is it bad that some people think rape should be okay? Yes. That's bad. Those people should get a fuckin' earful. Just don't associate me with those assholes, or other innocent guys who just want to go to university to get an engineering degree. Y'know? Same as ladies who murder their babbies and who think they should have the right to murder their babbies anytime they want: Deranged, lacking in empathy, and terrible, and they should be dealt with accordingly... But we shouldn't suddenly have paranoid panic attacks about every mother possibly being a secret babby-murderer in disguise.

If I had to point out something that can be improved (which we do a shithouse job on), it's definitely the rape kits issue. Followed closely by general sexual education: Because I'm willing to bet that most people (male or female) aren't aware of a lot of laws related to sex that probably wouldn't hurt to know. So long as it's not taught under the assumption that one gender is comprised of rapists and the other is comprised of victims, some seriously good work could actually be done. While you're at it, teaching laws, couldn't hurt to teach a guy how the lady bits work so they aren't a totally fucking clueless moron about it, and vice versa.

If public education is going to totally fail everyone in this regard, this is something universities can step up to the plate to resolve. Just... The way they're largely doing it now and marketing it now is very poor. The concept itself is not entirely wrong, just the execution is... Yeah, pretty terrible. :ferret:

I don't know about America, but in Argentina I'd definitely say there's a rape culture. Statistics aside, since I'm no researcher, I'll talk about my personal experience:

-From talking with friends, I know most of my female friends and some males ones, and including me, have been molested and/or raped, most of the times by a family member. If it happens so much that almost every family have issues with sexual assaults, it's so widely spread I'd say it's cultural. And to make it worse, it's pedophilia, because I don't know anyone who has been raped over the age of 12.

-When they get older, men are left alone, and women suffer harassment. If you live in a big city, such as Buenos Aires, it happens on a daily basis, which gives birth to movements like "Acción Respeto" (Respect Action) that publishes photos of testimonials people send them, telling about how they were harassed, molested or raped on the street.

-Artistic expression born from all this experience. Like this flyer, supposedly advertising a tourism company thing:

Context: two adult women travelled together alone in a vacation and got killed. When the happening made it to the news, the media said they were travelling 'alone'. Hideous murder aside, people (men and women alike) got angry because they weren't alone, they were with each other, but apparently, unless you have a man with you, you're "alone".

Translation:

TOURISM FOR WOMEN WHO ARE ALONE

If you like going around without company,
If you're the kind of girl who's a hitchicker,
If you wear little clothes,
Choose:

WHORETEEN TRAVEL

Lots of options!
The same destiny!

Human trafficking

Rape

Multiple rapes

Rape and murder

This March 8th,
International Women's Day,
come with a female friend,
And ask for the 2x1 combo.

In Argentina,
Uruguay, Ecuador,
and all
of Latin America!

Whoreteen Travel
YOU ASKED FOR IT!

*Money must be deposited in only one payment and before the trip*

12821543_10153967592419555_7848144793347051659_n.jpg

Or this song, where women stand up against street harassment:

Here's an article in English on the women behind the video: Mexico City Women Use Punk & Confetti Guns To Fight Street Harassment

I don't think rape culture has to be empowering men who rape (???). These are only a few examples. And if there are so many visual art expressions, music, and texts written about it for protest, I'd say rape is definitely engraved in our culture.

Please, elaborate on why the "Teach Men Not To Rape thing" is bad.

I think people have every right to get emotional over this sort of topic. You don't know how it's affected them personally. Arbitrarily voiding opinions for that reason is kinda just as shitty as voiding them because of race, gender or orientation, isn't it?

I don't think the issue in this thread has anything to do with whether or not rape happens. It does, we can agree on that. What I see in too many of my peers is this idea that people bring assault down on themselves by not keeping their guard up at all times. That's rape culture.

I knew a kid in sophomore year who told me with certainty that if he had the chance to rape a drunk girl at a party, he'd do it, because she'd be at fault for getting drunk. And how many atheletes and high-profile people have we heard of, who have with little doubt raped people, who are treated almost sympathetically by the media? Need I mention Bill Cosby, Woody Allen, Rick James, and others?
Because it removes all agency for women, treats all men as rapists, and if it were flipped around onto women it would be sexist? Teaching men not to rape is stupid and a waste of time. Rapists KNOW rape is wrong. They just DON'T CARE. It's just as stupid as teaching people not to steal. I shouldn't have to elaborate on why this is stupid. Here's a video further explaining my thoughts.

No it's not. Logic is better than emotions. Always. Emotions lead to people attacking others over their opinions and it leads to people being too entitled over said opinion. As well as being offended too easily and taking things the wrong way. Like you're doing right now.

No it's NOT. Apparently you have this mindset of "Society teaches women not to get raped instead of teaching men not to rape." That's one of the stupidest mindsets I've ever heard. COMMON SENSE IS NOT VICTIM BLAMING AND STOP PRETENDING LIKE IT IS. You obviously have no idea what we mean when we say this. If you leave your car door wide open or flash money in public, you're more likely to get robbed. Why? Because you're an easier target. Teaching girls to protect themselves IS NOT VICTIM BLAMING AND IT NEVER WILL BE. No matter how you twist it.

That kid was an idiot and should've been punched in the face. Or kicked in the balls.

Where's your proof that those cases were legit and none of them were proven to be....oh I don't know.....FUCKING FALSE?!! I know it may be hard for you to believe but sometimes women like to accuse male celebrities of false accusations just to get attention and money. Just look at what Angie Bowie tried to do when David Bowie died.

Also they're NOT being treated sympathetically. It's called "innocent until proven guilty". Fuck that "Always believe the victim mentality". They're NOT being treated sympathetically by the media just because they're getting a fair trial. Learn the difference.

Reactions: LunaValentine
Jorick made a good point concerning the definitions of rape culture and teaching men not to rape. I agree, men should be expected to have control over themselves, and women can and do rape. My definition of teaching men not to rape is more in line with the idea that having sex with drunk/high people is rape, as well as intimidating, pressuring, or badgering people. I know stories from women who convinced guys to buy them soda instead of liquor at a bar, and some of the men acted like they'd been cheated out of an easy score.

But what if you're both high and drunk? You're not taking that into account.

You're entering into the wonderful grey area that makes rape legislation such a fucking minefield, there. Honestly not sure what the answer to that one is.

Robeatics isn't lying, though. I've met way, way too many guys at uni over the years who treat drunk girls as easy targets. It's about as scummy as it comes.

But what if you're both high and drunk? You're not taking that into account.
I did. It really depends on the situation, if both parties are too inebriated to judge then whatever, it's mutual. But if someone is more sober than the other, and is aware that the other party can't really say yes or no, then there's a clear call that should be made. If we all just worked to educate people and call it like it is, a lot of bad situations and rapes could be prevented.

• Useful
Reactions: SacredWarrior
You're entering into the wonderful grey area that makes rape legislation such a fucking minefield, there. Honestly not sure what the answer to that one is.

Robeatics isn't lying, though. I've met way, way too many guys at uni over the years who treat drunk girls as easy targets. It's about as scummy as it comes.

And that's why we keep telling people to be wary of their surroundings and don't let anyone touch their drinks etc. But yet people want to say that's victim blaming when it's not. It's called telling people to be careful.

I did. It really depends on the situation, if both parties are too inebriated to judge then whatever, it's mutual. But if someone is more sober than the other, and is aware that the other party can't really say yes or no, then there's a clear call that should be made. If we all just worked to educate people and call it like it is, a lot of bad situations and rapes could be prevented.

Point made. That's why I keep saying only drink with people you know very well.

Also keep in mind the whole idea of alcoholic intoxication being a form of rape in legislation is a relatively recent thing (in the grand scheme of society), and new laws normally take a few reforms before finding a comfortable place to nuzzle into the bedrock of civilization. Heck, in the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms (which I'm studying, because I need to know laws) there's eight entire sections dedicated solely to detaining people. (Sections 7-14 for those wondering.) There are so many caveats it's not even funny, but there's an understandable reason behind each and every one of them. So give it some time, work out the kinks in the laws, edit and update until they function appropriately. Otherwise, welcome to Law 101: Every law has a hundred situations where it punishes the wrong people, and thus you must write exception after exception after exception until it works.

As for the "believe the victim" thing, this is a bit harder, because a lot of people don't understand what the victim actually is in terms of a judicial court case. The victim can be either party, that's why the two parties in question are called "the defense" and "the prosecution" eh': Because either party could be the wrong doer, and you won't know until you go through an investigation. What they really mean is that the police should always take accusations seriously, and, well, yes, this is entirely true: The police (who typically support the prosecution via searching for evidence and witness testimony), should always take any criminal accusation seriously. There are some cases where rape victims (though especially male victims, both genders do get this shit) go to the police and ask for help, only for the police to be so overwhelmed or so lacking belief in the credulity of the claim that they take your case and shove it in a cold cases locker. Where it pretty much stays unresolved forever, along with hundreds of thousands of untested rape kits.

So, again, when feminists (typically opposite my view) are crying out for "believe the victim" they're not entirely wrong. There's usually good intentions behind most people's requests for changes in society. They're just misunderstanding the court system and thus targeting the wrong people.

I hate it when people say that "Oh instead teaching girls to protect themselves from rape, we should teach men not to rape."

Yes, we need to reinforce the fact that rape is not okay. But no matter what, there are bound to be people that will rape anyway and not listen. Let me ask you, how many times have you heard from someone that you should never do drugs? A lot right? And of course, we (or at least I) will never even think about touching illicit drugs because we know that it is damaging to our health and can ruin our lives. Yet, we still have case after case of people who decides to try them anyway because they simply don't care. Now back onto the topic, likewise, there are people out that will commit this awful crime anyway even after repeated messages that they shouldn't, and when we end up encountering people like that, we must be able to defend ourselves against the rapist. That's why it is also so important to learn self-defence, carry a can of pepper-spray, etc etc whatever is legally allowed so we can protect ourselves.

At the end of the day, your safety is your responsibility.

Then there comes the whole idea that only men can rape.

THE FUCK IS THAT BULLSHIT? Can you imagine if people went around and say that "the way to stop theft is to teach blacks not to steal!" or "the way to stop driving accidents is to stop teaching girls how to drive!" If you were to spout the last two nonsense around you are called a bigot, a misogynist, a racist etc., yet apparently generalising the whole male population thinks rape is good is A-OK! Also, what about females that rape or men that are victims of rape? Don't tell me that shit doesn't exist because of "male privilege", because it happens, albeit rarely. Thanks to certain people holding onto that sort of bullshit, men who actually get raped never speak up about it because people will either laugh at them or not take them seriously, or even people may say "maaaaan you should've been enjoying it!!!"

I'm not sure I really want to get into rape culture, but I wanted to touch on the drunk sex thing. That's where things get very blurry. I think many people jump to the conclusion that when someone is talking about 'drunk sex = rape,' they mean 'these people that are moderately tipsy have sex, and the man is a rapist.' That's not the case (at least not when it comes to anyone who has a shred of rationality). It's referring to when one party - male or female - is heavily intoxicated, to the point that they're unable to walk or really make any decisions for themselves, and another person - male or female - who is not as intoxicated - or even completely sober - uses that to take advantage of them sexually. I think when put in those terms, it's pretty clearly rape. If you're so drunk that you can barely open your eyes or speak, then any decent person will know not to advance on you.

People have drunk sex all the time, and it's not a problem. Power imbalance is the problem.

I hate it when people say that "Oh instead teaching girls to protect themselves from rape, we should teach men not to rape."

Yes, we need to reinforce the fact that rape is not okay. But no matter what, there are bound to be people that will rape anyway and not listen. Let me ask you, how many times have you heard from someone that you should never do drugs? A lot right? And of course, we (or at least I) will never even think about touching illicit drugs because we know that it is damaging to our health and can ruin our lives. Yet, we still have case after case of people who decides to try them anyway because they simply don't care. Now back onto the topic, likewise, there are people out that will commit this awful crime anyway even after repeated messages that they shouldn't, and when we end up encountering people like that, we must be able to defend ourselves against the rapist. That's why it is also so important to learn self-defence, carry a can of pepper-spray, etc etc whatever is legally allowed so we can protect ourselves.

At the end of the day, your safety is your responsibility.

Then there comes the whole idea that only men can rape.

THE FUCK IS THAT BULLSHIT? Can you imagine if people went around and say that "the way to stop theft is to teach blacks not to steal!" or "the way to stop driving accidents is to stop teaching girls how to drive!" If you were to spout the last two nonsense around you are called a bigot, a misogynist, a racist etc., yet apparently generalising the whole male population thinks rape is good is A-OK! Also, what about females that rape or men that are victims of rape? Don't tell me that shit doesn't exist because of "male privilege", because it happens, albeit rarely. Thanks to certain people holding onto that sort of bullshit, men who actually get raped never speak up about it because people will either laugh at them or not take them seriously, or even people may say "maaaaan you should've been enjoying it!!!"

Exactly!

I'm not sure I really want to get into rape culture, but I wanted to touch on the drunk sex thing. That's where things get very blurry. I think many people jump to the conclusion that when someone is talking about 'drunk sex = rape,' they mean 'these people that are moderately tipsy have sex, and the man is a rapist.' That's not the case (at least not when it comes to anyone who has a shred of rationality). It's referring to when one party - male or female - is heavily intoxicated, to the point that they're unable to walk or really make any decisions for themselves, and another person - male or female - who is not as intoxicated - or even completely sober - uses that to take advantage of them sexually. I think when put in those terms, it's pretty clearly rape. If you're so drunk that you can barely open your eyes or speak, then any decent person will know not to advance on you.

People have drunk sex all the time, and it's not a problem. Power imbalance is the problem.
Good point.

Weeeeeelllllll...

There's a couple issues with knowing what's legally considered too much. Based on a variety of frustrating factors.
  1. Different people can take different levels of alcohol and still be conscious enough to give consent. (Ex: My mother is off her goddamn ass in four glasses of wine. I can tank eight shots of Jack Daniels straight back to back and remain coherent. Can I drive a car? No. Could I consent to sex? Easily.)
  2. There's an issue with defining the difference between regret and lack of ability to consent. (Ex: If I was drunk enough (and single), it wouldn't be a stretch of the imagination that I would consent to sex with people I would ordinarily find too unattractive to engage in the horizontal tango with. This, however, isn't rape: Fucking someone I find unattractive and then being disgusted with it afterwards is a fuck up on my part. It's a clear indicator I should drink less, someone else should not be held criminally liable for my disliking results of the act. It should be illegal if I am unable to give coherent consent, but the two are not the same thing.)
  3. Alcohol fucks up the reliability of witness testimony, to the level that it's almost entirely worthless unless you can get several people to testify on the same thing. This further destroys the ability to hold a court case and actually succeed in holding someone accountable for a crime. (Because a lot of rape cases already turn into "he said she said," it's made a lot worse when you involve alcohol.)
Because as it currently stands, intoxication laws in most places are completely worthless. There needs to be a hard number assigned to it, something which a court can find tangible. Then, you need a way to reliably test the intoxication level of someone several hours after they became intoxicated in the first place. It would still rely on the victims in question immediately reporting to the police and getting tested for the level of alcohol in their system, and it still wouldn't be 100% solution to the problem, but it'd be a start.

As it stands, the only pieces of advice that can be (logically) offered to any man or woman out drinking is...
  1. Never drink beyond your limits in public spaces. Drink to get buzzed, but no further than that. If you get shitfaced, anyone can manipulate you, and even if that crowd of 100 people is comprised of 98% decent human beings, that last 2% will notice you, and prey upon you. This goes for more than just sexual assault: These people could convince you to give them all the money in your wallet, or your credit card & its account information, or god knows how many other horrifying fates. The first measure to stop yourself from becoming a victim is you: The police will always be a few minutes away from cases that are resolved in seconds. If you drink yourself out of control, you're putting your trust in everyone around you not to abuse that fact, and if you're in a public space, odds are good someone will.
  2. Always have your drink in hand. If you've left it alone, even for a few seconds, pour it out and order a new one. No, it's not fair or just that assholes might roofie your ass, but as said above: The first person who can stop your victimization is you. Y'know, same reason you don't go pulling out your wallet and showing several hundred dollars worth of cash in a shady part of town to buy anything: Those thieves don't give a rat's fuck that it ain't right to steal your shit and threaten your life. They're gonna do it anyway.
  3. Never go drinking out in public alone, or if you're drinking to get shitfaced in private, have close friends (emphasis on the s, have more than one) that you trust with you. This is not only to have those you can trust helping to keep you safe, but also because on the private note, if you go beyond shitfaced, someone might need to call an ambulance for you. Seriously, it might save your life.
This should be common sense though, beyond sexual assault. Don't drink to the point that you lose coherent thoughts in public, and discourage that activity from occurring with those you care about in your life. You have to maintain control, because if you don't, manipulative assholes will gladly take you for a ride. Either literally, or metaphorically. Whether you're a man, or a woman.

And no, the law can't save you from this. Neither will an information campaign targeting assholes who are just the type of person who don't care about information campaigns. Because they're, you know, the type of assholes who would manipulate people into doing things against their will already.

Not much else can be said.

Because of the following.
  1. It assumes that women don't rape, or at the very least don't need to be taught not to rape, in spite of thousands of cases of female-initiated rape per year.
  2. It assumes that all men do rape, and need to be taught (at a college age no less) not to rape. As though they've grown up their entire lives simply, somehow believing that rape is at all an acceptable behaviour.
  3. It wastes the time of hundreds of thousands of innocent people who don't need to be taught not to rape, so that the few people who would actually rape someone can be told not to rape... Then ignore it and rape people anyway.
  4. Rapists rape people even if you tell them not to rape. In the same way murderers murder people even if you tell them not to murder people. I mean, more women murder their children than men: Should we have a "teach women not to murder their own children" campaign?
And that's just off the top of my head. If you have to have a general sexual education course, that's fine. Hell, I'd argue that the first world in general (though especially the USA) does a shithouse job of teaching sex ed in public schools, so having a mandatory course for it in uni probably doesn't hurt.

Emotions are fine. I can get quite passionate about things myself. Hell, I loathe rape, it's one of the most heinous and disgusting things a human can do to another human. I would quite happily turn a blind eye to let a child rapist get gangfucked to death in a prison cell if I could... However, if we lose our objectivity in a discussion, our civility, then we've lost any ability to preserve a coherent and reasonable conversation. It's okay to hurt, it's okay to cry, it's okay to get angry. It's not okay to lose control and take out your emotions on other people. Which is what OP was asking for, I think, in a not so eloquent way.

Well shit then we have a murder culture too. I sure as shit would not wear a business suit and expect to survive in some gang neighbourhoods. I'd be called a fuckin' idiot for that, nobody calls a rape victim an idiot who isn't a reviled asshole. I've never met anyone in person who blamed rape victims for being raped. The most I've ever seen is a couple of them trying to think of ways to help prevent rape on the part of the victims. (Like that women should probably carry around tasers/mace, because you can't rape shit if your eyes feel like they're on fire, or if your body is convulsing on the floor.) Do assholes who blame rape victims for being raped exist? Yes. They do. Just like assholes who blame people for pretty much any downfall exist. It's classic snobbery and lack of empathy rolled into one. Punishing everyone for the words of those assholes though? That ain't right. In the same way that we shouldn't punish all feminists for the loud shouty mad fucker minority that are man haters in the extreme.

Do you really think he wouldn't rape someone if he was just told not to do so by some 40-something overweight woman talking about the consequences of rape? He already is aware that it's illegal. If he'd rape someone anyway and blame it on them, he's beyond salvation, and no amount of "teach men not to rape" will stop that particular person from raping anyone.

Some people are just sick fucks who abuse the freedoms we all have to do terrible things to other people. They've existed since the dawn of time and will continue to exist until the last human life is extinguished. Ain't no changing that.

And for every case of a celebrity doing dumb or heinous fucking shit and getting sympathy for it (which happens for every crime on Earth), there's also cases of absolute nobodies having their lives completely ruined by false accusations and trigger happy journalists. The media in general is fucking horrible, but pointing them out as a symptom of rape culture is absurd. It's not rape culture: It's celebrity idolatry taken way too far, way too regularly. If it's rape culture, it's also false report culture. Hell, since you brought up the personal anecdote about hearing a kid say he'd rape someone, hear my story.

A lady in the high school I went to during my senior year became obsessed with me. She ended up sending me over five hundred text messages detailing how she was going to kill herself if I didn't love her, and how I had to love her, or else. Among the "or else" threats, included false rape accusations. Luckily, I managed to avoid the bullet, because someone else she was obsessing over harder she made false rape accusations about instead. They were immediately terminated from their part time job without compensation, even though it never went to court. It was literally one of the most terrifying experiences I've ever had in my entire life, because it is entirely impossible to prove your own innocence. There is always reasonable doubt. If she had ultimately chosen to go all the way in pursuing me, I wouldn't be here right now. I would more than likely be fighting off a false rape accusation to my name, and be unemployable anywhere.

Never assume that anyone is telling the truth in these cases until it can be proven in some way. Yes, that means the bad guys sometimes win, they sometimes walk. Murderers, rapists, arsonists, thieves--they sometimes get away with it. But I would prefer that, over a world in which women have the unlimited and unilateral power to always be believed due to a rape culture that the vast majority do not follow or agree with, to instantly terminate the employment of any man they wish by simply crying out "rape."

Normally I'd use a ferret right about now, but this is gravely serious, so, sadly, no ferret.

The general public did not want this at all. That should speak volumes by itself.
Listen here shitlord, as a male feminist I feel it is my responsibility to educate you on your internalized Patriarchal perceptions of society and how your views encourage rape culture that women EVERY WHERE IN THE WORLD ARE FIGHTING AGAINST. The fact that I am forced to share the same gender with you disgusts me and makes me fight harder against the Patriarchy so that men might one day overcome their evil urges to rape women.

It assumes that women don't rape, or at the very least don't need to be taught not to rape, in spite of thousands of cases of female-initiated rape per year.
Women are incapable of raping other people. They are incapable of raping men since they have no natural phallus to penetrate with, anything artificial they use to "sodomize" a man must be artificial and therefore so is the rape and therefore completely false. The man was also likely asking for it anyway as men are primal beasts who cannot control their urges to rape and destroy

Women are also incapable of raping women and while a sexual affront upon the same sex is unfortunate, we must remember that the so called "abuser" is most likely a victim of the Patriarchy brainwashing into harming fellow women. We must focus our efforts to treat these women so that they can go back to their lives free of patriarchal control

It assumes that all men do rape, and need to be taught (at a college age no less) not to rape. As though they've grown up their entire lives simply, somehow believing that rape is at all an acceptable behavior.
Yes all men! Not all men rape but it is constantly on their minds and they are perfectly willing to do it if they think they can get away with it! You probably didn't even know that 1 in 4 women in college campuses are raped EVERY SINGLE YEAR! you fucking rapist enabler. Men love to rape and they talk to each other in their little social cliques about how to best rape women, thank god that as a male feminist I exclusively spend my time with women! Unlike you who has probably never even talked to a girl Shitlord.

It wastes the time of hundreds of thousands of innocent people who don't need to be taught not to rape, so that the few people who would actually rape someone can be told not to rape... Then ignore it
and rape people anyway.
Oh my god, I literally can't even handle how much of a fucking rape apologist you are! It doesn't matter how many men who "supposedly" know not to rape (protip: they don't) if a million "innocent" men need to be taught not to rape and it prevents one innocent women from even verbal harassment, its worth it. Though the truth is that every single man starting from a young age needs to be taught not to rape as even as little disgusting boys it is in their very nature to hurt, kill and destroy what is beautiful.

Rapists rape people even if you tell them not to rape. In the same way murderers murder people even if you tell them not to murder people. I mean, more women murder their children than men: Should we have a "teach women not to murder their own children" campaign?
You are so completely FUCKING IGNORANT and it's clear you have no idea about any subject other than "how to be a sick fuck rapist" because a woman taking the life of her child is totally different compared to FUCKING RAPING WOMEN. There are so many tragic reasons that a woman would kill her child. I mean if it's a boy thats kind of a reason in of itself, but even if its a girl, the knowledge that half of it's DNA came from some disgusting rapist man who had to perform heterosexual rape on a probably unwilling partner should drive any mother over the edge and the fact that more women don't kill their children is testament to how strong women are in the face of the Patriarchy.

Hell, I loathe rape, it's one of the most heinous and disgusting things a human can do to another human.
Sounds like something a REPUGNANT RAPIST would say to cover up his tracks. All rapist say rape is horrible and yet they do it anyway, you probably go to bars to watch sports with your fellow rapist and fist bump over all your little rape escapades. You sick fuck! I'm literally shaking in anger right now as I type this

However, if we lose our objectivity in a discussion, our civility, then we've lost any ability to preserve a coherent and reasonable conversation. It's okay to hurt, it's okay to cry, it's okay to get angry. It's not okay to lose control and take out your emotions on other people. Which is what OP was asking for, I think, in a not so eloquent way.
Translation: I'm a fucking rapist like all men but when I get called out for it I act like everything needs objectivity and there needs to be a "discussion" to distract everyone while I run away scott free from committing FUCKING RAPE! We don't need coherency, we need action, we need to get angry and kill all men! Particularly white men as they are more likely to rape because they have a history of oppressing THEIR FELLOW MEN!

Do you really think he wouldn't rape someone if he was just told not to do so by some 40-something overweight woman talking about the consequences of rape?
Wow. Nice Fat-shaming there you cis-scum pig. God your whole arguments are so full of shit. I LITERALLY CAN'T EVEN! I can't comprehend how anyone could hold such backward world views like yourself. I'm having so much trouble modeling your worldview because it's so problematic. Thankfully you are a dying breed and within a generation you're kind will simply be like the dinosaurs. Extinct. And if we elect Bernie Sanders for President we'll trigger the Socialist revolution and Kill all the problematic white men!

there's also cases of absolute nobodies having their lives completely ruined by false accusations and trigger happy journalists. The media in general is fucking horrible, but pointing them out as a symptom of rape culture is absurd. It's not rape culture: It's celebrity idolatry taken way too far, way too regularly. If it's rape culture, it's also false report culture. Hell, since you brought up the personal anecdote about hearing a kid say he'd rape someone, hear my story.
No. I'm not going to bother reading your made up fake rape claim story as its completely untrue since women never lie about being raped since it's incredibly traumatic. And even on the literally 0% possibility the man didn't rape her, she probably sense that he was a potential rapist and it's good to lock him up anyway to prevent future rapings. And in regards to that rolling stones article that you linked (GEE, A PATRIARCH SUPPORTING RAPIST CITES A REPORT BY A MAGAZINE THAT GLAMORIZES WOMEN AS SEX OBJECTS ON THEIR FRONT COVER HHMMMMMM) just because the magazine fucked up, doesn't mean something happened to that women, she was clearly traumatized and raped by some cis-Fraternity and we should take her word for it. We cannot afford to let rapists get away with their abhorrent actions anymore. I MEAN COME ON! IT'S THE CURRENT YEAR! How can you hold opinions different from my own in THE CURRENT YEAR!

And as proof of your fucking shitlord, Cis-scum rapist philosophy, I even tried to reach out to you in Private but it seems that you coudn't be brought to euphoric reason. FUCK YOU!

AXgycG9.png

Last edited:
Well, I'm going to have to ruin his fun a bit.

tW61E4p.jpg

@Slade is making a giant satirical/troll post. It's what he does, it's his thing. So before anyone goes "oh my god feminazis are invading Iwaku," no. It's just a really clever joke that might sail over some people's heads, so, to alleviate @redblood 's worrying, I'm leaving this little disclaimer here: Is a joke, comrades. Simply enjoy it.

My Stance on the topic is pretty much what Factual Feminists had said on the topic.

There only real note I'd add is what Jorick mentioned earlier on PR. Going about it in a "Men are rapists!" manner is idiotic, sexist and doesn't belong anywhere. But something that simply teaches everyone about consent, how confusion can happen anywhere etc. That's something really good, and we could desperately use it.

That and like any situation, it's not as easy as saying "If X and Y happens then Z is guilty". There's a lot of circumstances to consider case by case, like Brovo was highlighting with when people get drunk. And although even legally we're a far way off from finalizing the laws to deal with this I will definitely say all the feminist "Guilty until Innocent" mentalities is going to slow down that advancement a ton.

And lastly in regards to the number? I will agree that there will always be those cases of people too embarrassed to report their rape, but we cannot let statistics alter themselves to reflect that. Statistics has to be reliant on hard, concrete data, the second we start adding in figures for unknown variables those statistics become worthless. Does this mean the occurrence of rape will always be slightly higher than what the numbers say? Probably, but that's kind of common sense with any criminal rate, that it's regarding the reported cases while unreported cases were undoubtedly going to be a thing too.

Reactions: LunaValentine
to the point that they're unable to walk
That's kind of the anti-thesis of fun sexy times, though. I mean, it's kinda hard to get into it if you expect your partner to either throw up or pass out any second.

Speaking of hard. Guys this drunk tend to have a rather... Functional barrier to overcome.

I'll let myself out.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum