RANT Your Brains Out #98274

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, all I wanted was an explanation on why it costs higher to buy my rental textbook (about $98) than for what I rented it with (about $30)... Not "Oh what's wrong here" and then us getting nowhere...

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: Joan
Please Don't Rate This.

So, this really isn't a rant. I'm not mad, I mean I am sad and I feel some bitterness but mainly my sorrow stems from a point where I am sad for the person doing this to me, not for myself. I mean, yeah, I would love it if he stopped but I would also love it if he could see what he is doing. He'd feel like such a fool, I've been there myself, in his shoes, and it's a period of my life I hated so much.

I truly hated myself, because I thought so highly of me and not enough about others that I let myself treat others like they were my inferiors in a way because I thought I was so awake in a sense. I wasn't; I was completely full of myself.

And that's where he's at right now. He is ten years older than me, but acts so much younger in his attitude. The way he acts around other people and how he handles situations is not different than what I would have at a younger age. A younger, much more ignorant age. And not every youth/young person is like that, no in fact there are few that acted the way I did. He has listened to story after story of my mistakes from the mouth of a man that hates me. This man hadn't met me before making a choice about me, sculpting an image out of nothing but my flaws and my lack of good judgement. And mind you, none of these mistakes truly harmed another person, but the story spun to him was one that put me in the very worst light.

He sees me as a bad, drug using fiend. He treats me like I am a very young person, though I have felt he's not as mature as he lets himself off to be. I look at him, and I wonder, what kind of person would listened to rumour and hateful whispers of a little man rather than actually learn who that particular person is?

And this isn't just in his situation, there've been many. Many that have heard the same from this one man that I have somehow earned the hatred of. I could live a hundred years and never understand why this man is this way. You can act as progressive as you like, but you still show so little promise of being accepting of other people. And you preach about loving others and understanding them, yet, you are never even close to being the first to show us by example.

Both of you are very sad people, and you can carry on with your hatred if you wish. I can't stop you, but I can say that your hatred is unworthy of a man that has made a simple mistake (mind you readers, the mistake that I speak of was made when I was a child that fibbed a lot and this one man that hates me for it hasn't stopped to think that they were mistakes made when I was just a kid, and none of them were one of those malicious, cruel lies that hurt others, they were lies that I had said to hide my life from people because facing the truth I lived with at home was unbearable. I came from an extremely abusive household, and I was bullied constantly for my weight, gender identity, living situations and skin condition, lying back then seemed like a great way to get people not to hate me for reasons that I could not control. These men and I are much older now, and it's been years since my last lie, because when you grow up you learn how to cope with those things and I stopped what I was doing. I don't feel like I have truly earned the hatred of this man, because all the lies I said were about me, nobody else and none of them were said to harm anyone. I wish I hadn't done it, don't get me wrong. I wish I could take it back. But I can't, I do believe however that I should be given the opportunity to show change, and not be hated before someone even gets to know me for the man I am today, not who I was when I was a kid. It truly breaks me to think that some mistakes of my youth will ruin my character for the rest of my life.)

My shoulder hurts so bad and my dad thinks it's funny to watch me struggle to remove poop from my cat's long fur around his butt. It's been hurting since Friday and I just can't get it to stop. It kept me up last night. And it still hurts. And you can't get into a god damn doctor's office around this ducking city because there's only two fucking doctors.

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: Joan and Navuso
Update, dad went with me to the urgent care clinic in town, turns out it's highly likely I've sprained my AC joint. So I have a prescription for pain killers to take 1 every 6 hours. If it's still bad after a week, call my doctor and get in asap. Luckily one of my dad's friends has done this (I consider him an uncle) and he knows my pain. apparently it's really easy to sprain it. Still hurts like a son of a bitch, but at least now I should be able to sleep tonight. Still irritated about the whole thing.

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: Navuso and Joan
I fucking hate mosquitos! Seriously, what the hell is going on with these nasty freaking bugs this year? I'm starting to feel like my blood is mosquito crack because the fuckers won't leave me alone. My legs are bit up. My arms are bit up. Even my face has mosquito bites on it! Seriously, can I just go outside for one day and not be a buffet for every fucking bloodsucker within a mile?

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: Navuso
I just want to chop my arm off. It won't stop hurting, it's so hard to get into a doctor's office for a REAL visit, and I can't even dress myself without pain.

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: Navuso and Joan
There is a guy I can't stand and there's basically nothing I can do about him. He just says random things to get a rise out of people. For instance I walked passed him on the way to the parking lot and he said "You forgot your red bag. You know, the red bag." Then he shoves his friend because his friend doesn't understand his "joke" either. "She forgot her red bag!" I don't have a red bag. And this isn't a case of him having a mental condition. He is merely taking advantage of the fact that he can say anything and pass it off as a joke even if it's nonsense. He sees himself as the "clever" guy.

Earlier in the day I was drawing birds for practice and he came to the table "Oh, I hate birds.". So? What am I supposed to do with this information? I am so sorry for your blanket hate for a class of animal?

He also bugs my friend about her art project. Saying things like how it's "taking too long" and boasting about how he could do it better and faster. We've tried to explain to him that it's not a time sensitive project and that it's one that helps her wind down between bigger pieces. It is more of a therapeutic piece. He chooses to ignore this every time he catches her working on it. This time he brought friends to brag about how great he is. Oh...joy.

He's also tried to outdo me in drawing while jabbering about his skills. Not to say he is bad at it, it's just that you can tell a freelancer artist from an average joe. I am quick and managed to draw five complex doodles before he could finish one head shot. I've kept it as a reminder of his frustrated expression as he failed to best me.

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: RJS and Joan
Remind me again why I'm applying to so many jobs. Oh, that's right. I can't get the hours I want ugh. I really want overtime but nope. Also trying to get two jobs is a pain in the ass because availability issues.

• Sympathy & Compassion
FML my credit score dipped way down

• Sympathy & Compassion
Had to give up on another RP I wanted to join because it was "18+" only but not in a star section. Sure I understand if people don't want anyone under 18 joining or to RP with teens but it's still aggravating that I can't join a RP with zero sexual content solely based on my age, especially since those are RPs that tend to have very detailed world building and darker/more mature themes and story.

I swear my mom sometimes likes to make things worse. I'm 26, don't pile on the idea that my dad might be starting with dementia when I'm dealing with fucking shingles and need to be under LESS STRESS. I want my daddy to be around when I finally get a guy to marry me goddamnit! She KNOWS I freak out easily!

Yeah, I'm really supposed to believe that you actually loved me?

We were trying to talk things out. I know that you aren't poly, otherwise this wouldn't have been as painful if at all. I don't mind if my partner does, so long as there is good communication and understanding. But you are not poly, and you just stopped talking to me. Why?

Because you found someone that was richer than me, who came with everything but equality. I don't even give a shite about you not wanting to continue trying with me, I'm not entitled to you. What I am extremely hurt about is the reason you did this; I am not good enough for you. My finances are very stable, but I won't be able to afford a house on my budget, not yet. I want to go to college and make something of myself.

I want to get a job, but I'm not ready to get married immediately.

And you made this choice with this guy all the while telling me that you wanted to try and work something out; I can't help but feel like a means to an end for you.

Like your last option, everyone has treated me like I am their last option and you know what? I'm tired. I know I'm not attractive. I know I don't have a smoking hot body. I know that I have skin issues. I know that in my past I was a bad person (stole, fought and lied) but I was a kid, I'm not like that now. It's been 12 years! And you are really saying that a person cannot ever be redeemed? Make a couple mistakes in your life that you don't repeat in your present and you still are a fucking lost cause?

I get it, I was a bad kid. But I'm not that person anymore and I didn't:

-Sexually assault anyone
-Murder anyone
-Actively go out of my way to fuck someone up

You all seem so keen on painting me a bad person because I'm an easy target. But I don't think I deserve to be treated like this. I'm perfectly fine being only your friend and I have said that so many times, but you won't even talk to me so I can tell you that I'm not interested anymore. We shared feelings, I told you that I liked you and you told me you liked me too and you wanted to try to date.

And then you do that. You are entitled to choose your own path, if he makes you happy then more power to you; I wish nothing but happiness to you. But you need to see that you've just completely shattered me. I wanted to be friends, I didn't give a rat's arse if we ended up together or not, I was just happy knowing you and being a damn friend to you.

But come to think of it, throughout our friendship, I've been the one supporting you but when I needed some support and love from a friend, you were nowhere to be seen. But when you needed someone, I was always there.

Am I nothing to people than a tool to use when they need help? Just use me, and then put me back in the shed alone. I was just happy to have been your friend, but sharing my feelings with you was a mistake because now I don't even think I want to be your friend. I have never felt so let down as I do now. And I refuse to cry, because I am so used to this. People do this to me so often that you didn't shock me when you did this, and it doesn't just apply to romance.

If there's a problem, people have no issue throwing me under the bus. Or when one of their friends do something and I get blamed, they won't stand up for me; they take everyone else's side but mine. I am always the scapegoat, for as much work and loyalty I put into friendships they always destroy themselves.

Looks like a friend was right; this was a bad idea.

How could I ever believe that someone might actually be able to look past all my damn flaws? Or that I was worth even trying to be a friend to? Everything ends up destroyed. I try so hard to be the best fried I can be to someone, but then people just hate me more for it.

I am not entitled to anyone's affections, to be clear on this; I know she has a right of choice. And I am happy if she is, I just wish that she had bothered just talking to me instead of tricking me the way she did, I'd have been alright. But I don't know what I did, I've been nothing but supportive. I told her that I just ant to see her happy, and whatever she wanted to do I'd be happy. She assured me that she wanted to try with me, and that she loved me.

And then she just surprises me about her engagement to someone else, and now won't even talk to me.

I just want to crawl into a dark hole and never come out again.

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: Joan and RJS
May I have a nickel for everytime I hear a stupid statement about the new Doctor? Good gawd, she hasn't even aired yet and people are butthurt. I would think people would learn after they bitched about 10 and 11 before their debuts. It's fine to be apprehensive, we all are, but that doesn't mean the series is dead due to a slightly altered formula. Sex/gender is a non issue for Time Lord's(did we forget Romana, Missy, and Corsair?!) so why make a stink of it? Hell, most aliens in the show don't have a grasp on human sex/gender; ie Daleks, Silurians, Cybermen, Sontarans, the badger pirate people, the list goes on. That and the differences between Gallifreyan sexes is even less than the scientific differences between human sexes especially if you're a fan of Looming. I just....argh!

I'd be so rich.

• Sympathy & Compassion
The new teen "Titans" trailer looks sooo bad. I can't even... At least we're getting Young Justice again. But clearly whoever is working on Titans is a moron. Robin shooting people. Raven looking like an emo hit girl. And starfire...I can't even...

My laptop is not working, even with it plugged in. It doesn't have the battery, but it's plugged in, but it's not working. This sucks.

• Sympathy & Compassion
"Women shouldn't have tattoos, I like them the way they were born."

First of all, you sexist piece of turkey shite, it's their bodies, you have no right to tell them what to do with it and what not to. It's not a fucking opinion, it's plain out bigotry and honestly I am ashamed to be seen out with you. Ever. Second of all, that's a double standard.

God I cannot wait to quit and move.

• Love
Reactions: Joan and Navuso
Someone told me I might be asexual... As a person with inhibited sexual desire... caused by the negative environment I've been surrounded with my whole life... I strongly believe that is the worse thing you can tell me.
I don't want to embrace this "inhibitedness". I want to fix it. :/

"Women shouldn't have tattoos, I like them the way they were born."

First of all, you sexist piece of turkey shite, it's their bodies, you have no right to tell them what to do with it and what not to. It's not a fucking opinion, it's plain out bigotry and honestly I am ashamed to be seen out with you. Ever. Second of all, that's a double standard.

God I cannot wait to quit and move.

The sheer arrogance people have to tell others how to live. I'm not a fan of tattoos in a partner. But that is a personally preference, I don't go around telling other people what they should do. I think it is people's unconscious need to make other people conform to their idea of 'normal'.

Living with my family and having to listen to my nephew shout out random noises. I'm struck that at some point our parents ironed that sort of thing out of us. But from time to time I like to walk around shouting when the house is empty. It feels liberating. Free to be as loud as I want without consideration of others.

Status
Not open for further replies.