Rant your Brains Again!(Once More)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because apparently his inauguration has given people hope in a way that other things haven't. Or something like that. It would be a terrible idea for him to accept it and I think he knows it. Which means he probably won't.

):< He all ready accepted it when he got it on Friday.

It pisses me off to all hell that the Nobel Peace Prize has basically become meaningless. It used to be handed out to people who actually accomplished things. People who were the key to MAJOR scientific breakthroughs! But lately it just seems the blasted thing is honoring people who accomplish nothing.

He was nominated 11 days after his inauguration. Are you kidding me!? ELEVEN DAYS AFTER! What the fuck have you accomplished in that amount of time!? NOTHING and you still haven't SINCE then! All those things you said you were going to do, you're no damn closer to getting them done.

You don't deserve the Nobel. There are much better people who do. Ghandi's been nominated five times and never won yet you have.

UGH I am so frustrated by this!

Hey now:

"Unlike the other Nobel Prizes, which recognize completed scientific or literary accomplishment, the Nobel Peace Prize may be awarded to persons or organizations that are in the process of resolving a conflict or creating peace."

Hey now:

"Unlike the other Nobel Prizes, which recognize completed scientific or literary accomplishment, the Nobel Peace Prize may be awarded to persons or organizations that are in the process of resolving a conflict or creating peace."

But the other Nominees had made way MORE progress toward peace than Obama, wanna compare him to some of the others?

Dr Sima Samar, A licensed medical doctor whose organization runs hospitals, schools and health clinics for girls and women all over Afghanistan and Pakistan, for 20 freaking years! When was Obama nominated? TWO MONTHS into his presidency. Did Obama risk his life like this woman to help people in need? Nope, I mean Obama's got crazies trying to threaten him but he's got protection, lots of it. Besides, women in these areas? They usually can't go to school but because of her organization? They get that opportunity now, that's real progress!

The Chinese activist Hu Jia who attempted to publicize the plight of the persecuted Falun Gong minority? He's spending three years in jail because the Chinese government caught him. HE REALLY put his life on the line.

And that's just two of the Nominees.

All Obama has done? Just been an indecisive wimp, he lets people interrupt him during live TV, he always tries to be bi-partisan despite the fact Republicans will just HATE anything and everything he does. He doesn't have the guts to call them on their childish bullshit lies like death panels. If he did that? Man that'd be change, that'd be progress. Sure maybe he's been a bit more friendly to other nations, but that's it really.. Didn't change any lives or help anyone at all.

Sorry if I got worked up there dude but it's the truth. Obama has just been all talk. Isn't it kinda funny he's been talking about getting Rid of "Don't Ask Don't Tell" and he's not withdrawing the troops anytime soon. He's just leading people on with his all promises like every other politician. He needs to stop talking and start taking action. Strong decisive action! But probably not going to happen though but it sure would be nice if he grew a spine.

But the other Nominees had made way MORE progress toward peace than Obama, wanna compare him to some of the others?

Dr Sima Samar, A licensed medical doctor whose organization runs hospitals, schools and health clinics for girls and women all over Afghanistan and Pakistan, for 20 freaking years! When was Obama nominated? TWO MONTHS into his presidency. Did Obama risk his life like this woman to help people in need? Nope, I mean Obama's got crazies trying to threaten him but he's got protection, lots of it. Besides, women in these areas? They usually can't go to school but because of her organization? They get that opportunity now, that's real progress!

The Chinese activist Hu Jia who attempted to publicize the plight of the persecuted Falun Gong minority? He's spending three years in jail because the Chinese government caught him. HE REALLY put his life on the line.

And that's just two of the Nominees.

All Obama has done? Just been an indecisive wimp, he lets people interrupt him during live TV, he always tries to be bi-partisan despite the fact Republicans will just HATE anything and everything he does. He doesn't have the guts to call them on their childish bullshit lies like death panels. If he did that? Man that'd be change, that'd be progress. Sure maybe he's been a bit more friendly to other nations, but that's it really.. Didn't change any lives or help anyone at all.

Sorry if I got worked up there dude but it's the truth. Obama has just been all talk. Isn't it kinda funny he's been talking about getting Rid of "Don't Ask Don't Tell" and he's not withdrawing the troops anytime soon. He's just leading people on with his all promises like every other politician. He needs to stop talking and start taking action. Strong decisive action! But probably not going to happen though but it sure would be nice if he grew a spine.

Hey now!(lol) I didn't say I supported the decision to pick Obama. It's been some discussion around it up here too and most people don't get why he was picked. Also, I hadn't checked the other nominations.

I guess I should've highlighted that my reply was to wards the rage against him being nominated after only 11 days after he became president. I'm guessing someone in the commitee who thought he was gonna be this superman-president(Off-topic: we got some people up here who really seem to think the way the american president-election is runned is SOO GREAT) and "Nominations must usually be submitted to the Committee by February 1 of the year in question.".

Personally I think it's idiotic to elect a president that hasn't even finished one year of his four year period.

Ah I see what you mean now. That was a bit of a misunderstanding then. Ah well, I wanted to say that stuff anyhow. :P

I guess counselling could be the right place to take up these kinds of discussions.

*Glares jealously at other larger websites.* >:[ I know they get that way cause they have a team of members that do nothing but run to other websites and kidnap people...

...but... I am so jealous. ;__; I wish the competition would die and move here.

NO DONT EVER SAY THAT.

we are privelaged to have the members that come to our site being the typesd of personalities that are no longer Johnny Sasaki whining whinging powergaming tards.

we do not suffer the types of shitheads that other larger sites do, and our site on the whole has a uniqueness, it has the getting along of the small (under 20 members) site, but the range of topics of the large sites.

in short, I love Iwaku as it its, I like the people on it, and to kill the opposition would be to swamp us.

that said, new blood is never bad.

TZS' Vampire Rant

The sane may want to avoid this one.

I am so tired (not "[censcored] sick"- I'm too old for the kind of energy that kind of anger requires-but honestly, genuinely exhausted) of these...people... Can I even call them people? I'm not sure I quite qualify as "people" either...

Anyway. I'm sick of these kids- I will call them kids no matter their age- who seem to think vampires are SOOO COOL or facinating, or want to be one, or proclaim they are one or (insert whatever here). And now I make a hypocrite of myself: Or maybe I hate myself? Yeah ok.

Because I can guarantee you; if you think you're a vampire:you aren't. If you think vampires are awesome/cool/facinating/whatever/anything other than a nifty literary device (fiction is fun, fact is...I need a word that starts f and means not fun. Any takers?) I hate you. Really, I do.

You have no idea what it's like to eat and eat and eat and be so hungry you can't do anything but cry. You have never been so angry you've torn yourself open with fingernails you don't even have just trying to get it out of your body. You don't honestly want to hurt people-everybody, even occasionally the people you love (oh, especially the people you love) just because you can't connect with them on any other level than fear, and hate, and suffering. You've never clung to the toilet vomiting for a night and a day telling people you just have the flu (thank goodness it always seems to be going around) because forcing the action- tearing out your own guts keeps you from acting the compulsion out on someone else.

Vampires aren't beautiful. They aren't tragic or mysterious or whatever else your innocent little hearts might want to tag onto the title. You call them vampires, the law calls them serial murderer/torturers. Vlad Dracula/The Impaler/Tepes wasn't dead (well, he is now) or undead, Lady Bathory wasn't misunderstood. You're looking at a disease that might be mental, might be physical, might be spiritual, might be all of the above, might be none of the above, (not some mysterious afterlife that grants you supernatural powers at the cost of sunlight or your chance to go to heaven. You aren't going to go to heaven anyway.) not something to chased after. Because when it manifests most people are not strong enough to resist it. You want other names? Albert Fish. Heck, go run your own searches for all time most evil people in history I don't feel like dwelling on it. When I say I'm christian (You can't live like this without some serious divine intervention and I'd say that fact that I haven't hurt anyone yet proves miracles. You wanna challenge me on that? *eyeball in the camera* So don't give me flac on this.), I mean that I work my sorry butt off to uphold what I believe in. I don't believe in that once saved always saved crap.

And I know I'm late jumping on the bandwagon here but for pity's sake they DON'T SPARKLE! WTF is WRONG with these KIDS?

Do you know there's an...ahem..."adult toy" you can buy based on the Twilight books? No joke. It was in a satirical news article and I thought it was a joke but the link takes you to an honest to goodness merchandise site. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in my LIFE. And I am really easily amused. Seriously. Pigeons amuse me. And why is it when I spell it pidgeons it tells me I'm wrong?

...Ok I think it's time for a night cap and to bed with me.

GAAARGH WHY IS THERE NOTHING LEFT TO EAT IN MY HOUSE?

Ah, the old "hurt yourself rather than hurting someone else" trick.
I found assaulting inanimate objects more cathartic myself, mostly because I'm a coward when it comes to pain.

by the way, the "You've never" thing tends to aquire more arguements than general discourse, though I can safely tell you I've been so angry i gave myself high bloodpressure, i've made myself so angry that i got a headache and in my darkest moment i made myself so angry/hysterical that i stalked off with a knife to slit my throat, only calming when i realized that i couldnt palm off my pain to others.

Tahts a story i hesitate before telling people, not just because i loathe people feeling sorry for me, but because it's a moment of weakness, one I'd rather forget.

In short, I think I have an idea of what your talking about, though i may not completely understand it.

I dont try to understand anymore, it just hurts my brain. I just smile and nod and then kill myself later from utter confussion with choclate and wine. Its all nice and warm in my safe place. Care to join me.. no noise and endless chatter, just chocolate and wine maybe some music whatever you like.. a true den of utter sin and delight. Or is it sinful delights. Whichever you perfer.. I offer it all and nothing at the sametime. Oh the puzzles of the mind are so interlaced with smoke and mirrors I think that we are all lost and misunderstood even by our own eyes. No wait. Wait... I thought. No never mind were all insane. I call shotgun!

Oh, WMD, I believe you. And I think you may have a better grasp of what I'm talking about that most would. And I have a hellova lot of respect for you for admitting you might not. And I don't respect a lot of people.

And you're right, the "You've Never" does tend to start more arguments than it settles. My rant wasn't really to the general populous. There are lots of people who struggle with these symptoms, whether from internal or external forces or both- I just have never met one of them who was into the whole goth/vamp scene the way it seems to be so popular these days. I just see so many children throwing their lives away on an attraction to death and hate and pain like they think they know what it is- I don't know, I feel... mocked. (And not just for myself, honestly, but for everyone who has such a struggle with self control.) Like it's just a joke to them, a toy.

Which is rather hypocritical of me since I treat it the same way. I have a downright horrible sense of humor but I try to tell myself it's a coping mechanism. Well, that's what other people tell me. I try to give others the same benefit of the doubt but some people are just downright obvious.

It really sucks when you're missing a friend that screwed you over by breaking the cardinal friend rules. >:[ And you're still pissed off at them with just reasons, but still want to be a part of their life. But if you did so, you'd get in trouble with other more important people that also got jacked, because you're being a softy and forgiving someone that may not even deserve it. And frankly I shouldn't be the one wanting to reconnect anyway cause I never got a real apology. >:[ And I deserve an apology for putting my reputation and trust in helping a friend that turned around and totally betrayed that trust and made me look like a dumbass with shitty judge in character...

It's been four years and I'm still pissed off. >< But I miss my friend...

A woman has just lost interest in me because I made a joke about her horse.

WHAT THE FUCK?

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU WOMEN???

Her: I like horse riding.

Me: Ah, so you're one of those people who are always getting in the way of my car?

Her: No. I use to compete at a very high level in show jumping and use to help my parents with their very succesfull ridng stables and I know the rules of the road and my Dad owns a haulage company so I'm far from one of those horseriders. Thanks, we are not all the same. Take care. Sorry but I dont like to be tarnished with the same brush. *leaves*

WHAT IS SHE, AUTISTIC?

FUCK SAKE, SOME PEOPLE SHOULD BE SHOT IN THE FACE, THEY REALLY SHOULD!

I keep on telling you to get a hooker, but oh nooo i'm asmo i'm brooooooke and i want a woman to loooove meeeee.

Well, hookers can fake love pretty well, that's what they get paid for.

Well, if she was stupid enough to obviously not even get that you were making a joke then I don't think you want her having your babies anyway. I certainly wouldn't want her dumping in your gene pool.

If she was hot, my apologies anyway, but I still say if she was that stupid you got lucky finding out now.

Okay i sware its like their is this horrible spell on my house. You see everytime I turn around their is something that has to be wash, picked up, paid, put away, feed, trimmed, tucked in, folded, ironed, cooked, cleaned, and then cleaned again. It never ends! Damn'it! I dont like it, its not fair and fuck me if Im the only one that does it!

fuck. fuck! fuck! fuck! fuck! fuuuuuck! fuuuuuuck! fuuuck! FAAAAARK! FAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAARK!!!!!

People (read: men) need to stop being whiny little wuss-bags and do their Jobs. You screw things up for the rest of us.

So this guy I work with, he's about twenty-three/four likes to bitch and moan about his work schedule. He's a closer, a schedule that he CONSENTED to. Now that he has to work Halloween night, he wants to whine and cry about his schedule. Now I, an OPENER, have to change my schedule to close more often? Bullshit. There are fucking REASONS I'm an opener. Cock sucker.

I should kick the shit out of him. Maybe his balls will drop and he'll realize that he's a man, a sorry excuse for one, and that not everything revolves around him. Douche.

Sorry for the language.

PS. I don't feel better.

Status
Not open for further replies.