1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
  4. Douche
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Thoughts can be fickle things. Sometimes all it takes are a few words to spark an idea and those same words can have a different effect on everyone.

words-300x240.jpg

What do these words inspire in you?
Write whatever comes to mind, be it poem or prose. It doesn't even have to include the words if you don't feel like it!

Vitality

Wayward

Boast

It had seemed so clear to everyone before that it was nothing more than words, nothing more than boastful arrogance from a wayward youth. Everyone knew that he could not be trusted, the words "You can't trust Eziah" seemed to hang over his head, marking him to everyone he spoke with in town. It was his own fault that that was how they saw the youth, for he was in truth always making up tales. Almost every word that erupted from that eagerly smiling face seemed to be an untruth.

He didn't mean to lie, not really. He just had all of these ideas in his head that he wanted to share with other people and some of them he held close to his heart, wishing that they would come true. They weren't lies to Eziah, they were his hopes and dreams and fantasies, but no one seemed to understand that. They never trusted a thing he said and he was usually shooed away with a bleating "Stop telling tall tales, boy!" And Eziah would feel lonely again, would go into the forest to be alone with his thoughts and make up new stories.

But this time, it wasn't a lie. He had found something in the forest, a beautiful pool of water so crystal clear, you could see the rocks down at the bottom as if it were glass. The animals seemed to stay away from it, despite how clean and pure the water looked, making Eziah hesitant to draw closer. Eventually, though, his curiosity got the better of him. He studied it for a moment before dipping his fingers into the water. They felt sharp, like lightning, and the skin seemed to tighten around them. The little ripples that his hand made were quickly silenced, leaving him to marvel at the bright skin on his fingertips where callouses had been.​

So you want to know of Vampires?

We all know how they came to us. In an era where man flew with steel and wielded lightning for things as ssimple as cooking food, there were magicians unrivalled with even that level of power. They could render entire cities ash, create and cure the Great Plagues out of nothing. Fuck they even animated steel with lightning, making machines that did seven thousand times the work of a man and yet have no soul.

One day, the magicians of each great tribe went to war. It is known simply as The End.

The world was reduced to ash. Within that time, the Vampires came to be. Infinite vitality, incredible strength without the need of a single boast. They are wayward spirits. Creatures with no consideration of man. They simply see us as cattle, and cull the rogues as we cull sheep.

Most say they were made by the magicians of the losing side. Desperate to even the odds, they broke the laws of humanity and created monsters they couldn't control. I believe those stories.

Now we're kept on a continent that was once known as the last third world, whatever that meant. We still have magicians, making steel move with steam, and we still make alchemy, but we have fallen horribly from Grace.

How do I know? Have you ever heard of Bloodlings? Now your parents would say Bloodlings, my kind, are horrid, traitorous creatures that sold their soul to serve the Vampires and wield an inkling of their master's power. Most obvious being indefinite longevity, incredible health, and the ability to use three times the strength of a man. In a sense, that is true, but false as well. While we may have those powers, we are simply humans who vampires enjoy feeding upon. If one takes a particular interest in you, she marks you as her and ,through feed, you gain a little amount of their strength.

My master? My boy I'm far to proud to have bent for a man. Besides I like women, so I have a Mistress. She likes the type of blood I have, but I don't know what that means exactly. Regardless I think you must be going, boy. Spend too much time with me and you'll be stuck with me and will have to squat in the cave a mile out of town. Besides, I believe someone is waiting for me.

No no don't be afraid. She won't hurt you it I have anything to say about it.

Hello my love.

Reactions: Kitti