Random Thoughts

Overwatch really wants me to use voice comms. Naahhh. Been there, done that. It's not worth it with randos.

This why I don't like house renovation.
'Cause now I gotta have random moments where I wonder about the roof maybe caving in until I get time to fix this problem.

I'd rather just not have known. >_<

What if the 80s officially come back in 2020?

*kicks thread*

WELCOME BACK, THREAD!

eggs => baking soda & vinegar
butter => coconut oil

coconut oil melts my measuring cup (which is supposed to be microwave safe)
baking soda & vinegar combination produces some worrying chemical reactions
proceed anyway with this recipe because I very really seriously need cookies right now despite not having butter and eggs.

Pretty sure it's not going to work because it's got the consistency of powder instead of dough
but it's chillin' now
we'll see what happens

it's delicious so far so I might just eat it straight out of the bowl if it won't actually make cookies because I'm a masochist like that

WE'LL SEE HOW THIS GOES THOUGH

EDIT:
OK I chilled it for almost 2 hours, the coconut oil turned it into a rock. I heated it up a bit, mixed it again, added water (probably the wrong thing to do), it definitely wasn't going to be a cookie at this point but I put it in a pan and put it in the oven anyway.
I now have a cookie-brownie thing that tastes really similar to banana bread but without the banana.
Not something I'll ever try to make/substitute again but it's at least edible LOL
So not a TOTAL disaster!

Attachments

• IMG_20180204_214004.jpg
    IMG_20180204_214004.jpg
    438.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: Greenie
So flaxseed eggs work great in cookies....

BUT

CAN YOU MAKE A FLAXSEED EGG OMELET???

THE TRUE TEST HAS YET TO BEGIN!

i want a pancake

right now

Reactions: Vars
I want a waffle iron for no good reason.

I never eat eat waffles.

BUT I COULD IF I HAD A WAFFLE IRON.

Making a pottermore account because you don't know what wand your character should have is odd, and yes, I did it.

I accidentally made too much sauce and boiled too much pasta for lunch today :"D

On the plus side, guess who doesn't have to cook when they go home tonight? :bananaman:

Reactions: Shiri
I'm convinced that there are a lot of songs that start off as profound, but then some marketing executive says "We can't have this! The public wouldn't be able to handle it." or that artists want to wake people up without being caught by the Illuminati.

For example, take the lyrics to "Just an Illusion" by Imagination. If you don't focus on the love fluff that seems crammed in, you have a song about mereological nihilism and how the internal struggle eats the narrator up because he can't relate to others who are trapped in the illusion. The repetition of being "just an illusion" is purposeful, to reiterate the plain fact that life is meaningless under the guise of a love song.

Starting line:
"Searching for a destiny that's mine // There's another place another time"
Perfect irony to signal there's double meaning to the song. It is ironic because if one is destined to do something, there are no digressions. Destiny is an illusion.

"Touching many hearts along the way yeah // Hoping that I'll never have to say // It's just an illusion"
He doesn't want to say it's an illusion, but knows it to be the case, that it is an illusion. The truth is painful, and can only be attained through the self. He can touch the hearts, but he can't be the one to shatter the illusions built around us.

"Follow your emotions anywhere // Is it really magic in the air"
Emotions are all arbitrary, so you might as well enjoy ourselves. We all know magic isn't real, so the question is self-answering. We should be free to question "magical thinking" always.

"Never let your feelings get you down // Open up your eyes and look around"
Accept that life is meaningless, but learn to cope

"Could it be a picture in my mind // Never sure exactly what I'll find"
What we experience is merely a picture in the mind, and not necessarily reflective of objective reality.

"Only in my dreams I turn you on // Here for just a moment then you're gone"
I think the first part of this line is fluff, a way to trick people into believing it's about love and that the person that's gone is the person of his dreams, but the second part is much more poigant. We live for just a brief moment, and then we're gone.

Reactions: Aero Blue
When I can't sleep I decide to go down memory lane and rewatch some old cartoons. Boy, I never realized how fast-paced the 1990's Spider-Man cartoon was, everything happens so fast that it's honestly a little laughable! Still a good watch though

Reactions: foodforpigs
I really don't want to go to work today.. I just want to stay home to write and play video games

math is a lie

I am extremely thankful for my parents.
and their quick interest-free loans

• Love
Reactions: Joan
Unf, Jeff Goldblum

being sick does have an upside - the feeling of weakness and the warmth of recovery.

If I gain enough experience to be skilled at a game/sport does that make me productive or nonproductive?