Random Interest Check 1x1 (Supernatural; Fantasy)

StrangeVsWeird

Rogue Of Collective Imagination
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per week
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
  4. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Beginner
  2. Elementary
  3. Intermediate
  4. Adept
  5. Advanced
  6. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Fantasy. Supernatural. Magical. Modern. Medieval. Romance. Scifi. Horror....somewhat in that order.
And a random Interest Check appears.

Just looking for something that will get me back into the habit of writing, so these ideas are rather random, but hold a certain interest for me and (I'm hoping) for one of you. (Apologies to those who had contacted me about my last Interest check. I should've known better than to put up old ideas that had failed once before lol.)

Looking for 1x1 or a small group.

If anything of the below spark an interest, can either reply or shoot me a PM.

[fieldbox=Idea 1, blue, solid][glow=blue]3 Little Witches [/glow]

Modern Supernatural

Do you believe in magic? If so, to what degree? And if not in magic, than perhaps in the creatures of lore? No? Figments of imagination, you say?
…are you quite certain? Let's test that belief then, shall we?

3 Little Withes is a new age shop located in a shadowy nook just off the Town Square. Bordered by a taxidermist and a café that is supposedly haunted, the shop itself still attracts a decent number of patrons despite its neighbors' unusual atmospheres. Granted, most are die-hard regulars whose grand belief in the healing properties of crystals is only shadowed by their grander childlike attraction for the handsome young man selling them.

Not interested in the flashy smile of charming Spaniard? Perhaps divination is more your style? Through the beaded curtain, therein waits a beautiful woman ready to divulge the secrets of your fate hidden within her cards…for, ahem, a donation, of course. No worries. She has excellent ratings. Just consult the Google results on your handheld.

tumblr_oonp79l9Mf1tck2upo1_500.gif

What's that? Oh. You're looking for a spell. Perhaps a potion? Well. Hehe. I may just be able to help you there.
~
In a world where the supernatural is painstakingly hidden from society as a whole, witches, vampires, werewolves and the like are required, by law, to maintain their secrecy. Most have elected to merge with the common populace and have become so accustomed to their role as a human pretense, not many ever step out of line. Then there are those who wish to still uphold their heritage and find creative ways to mask their true identity while practicing their…creaturely habits. 3 Little Witches is one such front. Manned by three mages, they are able to practice magic right under the noses of the common folk without any fear of suspicion. Do the potions purchased in their shop actually contain magic? Sometimes. However, more often than not, humans are taking home vials of rose water with a drop of honey or honeysuckle extract and a flurry of reassurances (with just a touch of Deception to settle over their minds) that the potion will work.

So, what happens when confronted with the threat of exposure? There are consequences for such carelessness, mind you. Some worse than even death itself.

Oh, and by the way. That weird vampire who goes by Kader? Yeah. He's gonna be a problem.

**Endless possibilities for a small group RP. Specie/power/role selection will become available if there is a group interest.

Otherwise, my 1x1 idea: Kader has been using the abilities of one said mage (my character) to put victims to sleep for a simple feeding. Or so he claims. Your character is one such victim. But oops, Kader botched an attempt at something more sinister, and although you've escaped his clutches, you wouldn't consider yourself a survivor as…things are happening to your body. Symptoms of vampirism are taking hold and if actions are not taken, you will die a painfully horrible death. Your only hope? The mage who put you in that situation to begin with. Needless to say, the tension between you two is palpable. And how can she worry about you when her actions are being scrutinized by the Order? When her own life may be at stake, she'll have a difficult time caring about yours. Unfortunately for you both, far darker things are in play.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Idea 2, green, solid][glow=green]Of the Highest Order[/glow]

Medieval Fantasy

So. You're a Scrapper, eh? Fairly proud of yourself, I imagine. Not an easy feat, to train for that and now you find yourself in the Capitol, drowning in the praises of the citizens and the wine of the royal stock, awaiting the day to test your strength and your wit in the Culling.
...wipe that smirk from your face, swine! Do you even know what you're fighting for?

Note: a work in progress

The Culling is an annual event held within the Kingdom of Batteros. The melting pot of the continent, all manner of specie is found within its borders. In an attempt to aid in its crashing economy, the Culling was created fifty years prior in an attempt to generate wealth. It worked. Word of the finest warriors competing in feats of showmanship and strength, only to battle for their very lives, traveled to even the furthest reaches of the land, pulling in wealth hand over fist.

NC6VapD.gif

Growing in popularity, it quickly became an interest to other kingdoms and, once a year, contenders are sent from all over to participate in the grand event.

What do the victors win? Well, piles and piles of coin, of course. With a fancy title of Victor to boot. And perhaps a plot of land, if the royal family is impressed by their showmanship.

However, as grand as the Culling may seem, dark secrets lurk in the shadows. Has any paid attention to just who lived and who died? Interesting how the least likely of individuals ended up being the victors.

***once more, endless possibilities in regards to a small RP group.

As for 1x1, I have ideas, but have yet to make sense of them. Perhaps a brainstorm is in order with any interested.
[/fieldbox]

As always, open to any suggestions and/or brainstorming. And the roles suggested can be switched. Will likely add more as the ideas come to me.

My availability: EST evenings and one or two posts a week.

[glow=pink]Please note: I know I've mentioned a small group, but I'm really leaning toward 1x1 with these.[/glow]

Reactions: Navuso
First off, brava for the beautiful thread layout. If only I had such coding skills. Alas~
Plot 1 interests me heavily. The thought of a new unwilling vampire coming to be! Now, a few questions I have! Would the gender of the vampire matter? Is this a RP with romantic undertones or platonic?

First off, brava for the beautiful thread layout. If only I had such coding skills. Alas~
Plot 1 interests me heavily. The thought of a new unwilling vampire coming to be! Now, a few questions I have! Would the gender of the vampire matter? Is this a RP with romantic undertones or platonic?

Thank you! I cheated and looked up some code haha.

As far as gender and relationship, I have no preference. I'm more interested in the way these two characters will interact with each other throughout all the mess. I tend to like creating some healthy tension. Who knows. They may end up severely hating each other down the line. :tongue:

Thank you! I cheated and looked up some code haha.

As far as gender and relationship, I have no preference. I'm more interested in the way these two characters will interact with each other throughout all the mess. I tend to like creating some healthy tension. Who knows. They may end up severely hating each other down the line. :tongue:

Tension is good, tension is good. Would you be interested in switching to PM I don't want to clog your thread?