• Yes

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • No

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters
I

Ike Sapphire

Original poster
Who here honestly agrees that Christmas isn't what it used to be way back when, That all it is about now is who can get the most people in their doors?

I personally believe that Christmas is what you make of it. No stores, marketing, people, Buzz Killingtons, naysayers, or anything else can ruin it for you but you. :D

Therefore, I believe Christmas is AWESOOOOME! Because I make an effort to enjoy the season instead of killing the mood for others!

It's true, Christmas has evolved into something of greed and viciousness. I've seen it with my own eyes, as a shopper and an employee. People act like savages when the sales come up, because that one special item must be in their hands ASAP for the promised price or else they'll bite your head off. Be it for a gift or for themselves, I really don't care. It's ridiculous. :/

But, I don't allow that to ruin the spirit for me. I don't really care about 'Christmas'. I'm not a Christian. I'm not anything, actually. I'm a godless atheist communist, according to my Philosophy prof. lolol Which offends so many people, apparently. When I say "Happy Holidays" to my customers at work, some of them give me a dirty look and say "You mean, Merry Christmas?" Geez. lol Anyway, like Diana said, it's what you make it. Everybody has their own way of celebrating the winter holiday.

Anyway, naw, it ain't overrated. Everybody celebrates this differently. For me, it's just another special reason to cherish my loved ones. I express this appreciation via company, and presents of course. I'm not an animal about it, though. If an item I want is unavailable, I just get something else for the person in question. *shrugs* They'll be happy either way. Most of all, I love that during these cold days, we can be brought together and make memories with one another. In the end, that is what really matters.

AGREED WITH DIANA.~

Christmas depends on how it is spent.
IN MY FAMILY.
The Spirit of Christmas is ALIIIIVEEEEEEEE.
Mostly with me and mama.<3 Decorating the tree, making cookies together, watching christmas movies curled up in blankets on the couch together.
It is spectacular.
OH.
And I spend it making huge cities in the snow, with tunnels and such, while my dog destroys them.
So.
Christmas, save for my brother being a deadbeat clone of how my father was which bother my mom and I, and for visits to my mom's side of the family, made up of a good majority of materialistic people that we love anyways, is wonderful. And is meant for bringing people together to me. I never want anything as in gifts, dun need anything.. But mom insists, so.. -shrug.- Can't stop her.
n.n
I love it.. Because it's the time I get to be with my mama. And I wuv my mama.

I also agree with Dianers. It is a time for celebration! I enjoy it very much, feasting, drinkings, friends and family!

What's Christmas?

*puts everyone who voted yes on the naughty list*

Diana's right, Christmas is what you make of it.

For me, while I love it, it's usually incredibly stressful as I live eight hours away from most of my family, can't travel easily and yet they insist that I go visit them instead of them coming to visit me, but I still love it. I love being with my family and friends and all the craziness that comes with it