Raised On Dust n' Dirt; Once In A Lifetime

Does this sound fun/interesting to you? Will you join?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, i know, but-
i'll just shutup......

yeah, i know, but-
i'll just shutup......
There's no need for you to shut up. It's perfectly understandable if it's something that's against your beliefs, and it really is okay if it is. I'm really sorry that I can't have it in a format where everybody wins. :p

@Shadicmaster i totally know how you feel, I'm not a fan of the cussing either.

Sorry for my posting delay, I had to work all day... I should have a reply up with the next few hours

Reactions: Midnight Maiden
One more question, Can my character (from sinfinity) Have a disability? I would prefer her to, If that's okay.

• Love
One more question, Can my character (from sinfinity) Have a disability? I would prefer her to, If that's okay.
Sure thing! That'd be great. I made this rp in hopes of encouraging having characters with disabilities aside from mainstream ones(sure, Cancer is all over the place and it really is a sad and terrible thing, but does having cancer matter more than having any other disability? Because it's pretty much the only one mentioned in literature, save for deaf/blind folk), because they aren't seen often(even though I wish so much they were).

• Love
Reactions: CookieMonster
Sure thing! That'd be great. I made this rp in hopes of encouraging having characters with disabilities aside from mainstream ones(sure, Cancer is all over the place and it really is a sad and terrible thing, but does having cancer matter more than having any other disability? Because it's pretty much the only one mentioned in literature, save for deaf/blind folk), because they aren't seen often(even though I wish so much they were).
I know, right? I myself have a disability, (My character is based off myself by the way. But she's different than my personality.) And sometimes it seems like it's unimportant over other people. It's frustrating when i have to remind my mother that i'm not a normal child. And then she says; "But people with cancer can do things you can't!" And it's not fair, because we aren't little replicas that come out of a machine, We're different, Unique and not the same. And not many people seem to get that.

• Love
I know, right? I myself have a disability, (My character is based off myself by the way. But she's different than my personality.) And sometimes it seems like it's unimportant over other people. It's frustrating when i have to remind my mother that i'm not a normal child. And then she says; "But people with cancer can do things you can't!" And it's not fair, because we aren't little replicas that come out of a machine, We're different, Unique and not the same. And not many people seem to get that.
I KNOW!!! My character is nearly entirely based off myself as well, but she has my personality(Oh, look. My profile pic says I'm an EDS survivor. Nobody knows what it is, and either way, no one cares because it isn't cancer! :D) I've been there. I can't even tell you all of my medical issues, because there are so many, most of which people don't have any clue about what they are(save for the Depression(in my case, MDD), and the Anxiety Disorders(Yayyyy panic attacks). It kills me to no end how cruel people can be. "Oh, you don't have cancer, and there's nothing visibly wrong with you, so you're perfectly fine!" Bull.

And this video literally describes my entire life perfectly.

• Love
I KNOW!!! My character is nearly entirely based off myself as well, but she has my personality(Oh, look. My profile pic says I'm an EDS survivor. Nobody knows what it is, and either way, no one cares because it isn't cancer! :D) I've been there. I can't even tell you all of my medical issues, because there are so many, most of which people don't have any clue about what they are(save for the Depression(in my case, MDD), and the Anxiety Disorders(Yayyyy panic attacks). It kills me to no end how cruel people can be. "Oh, you don't have cancer, and there's nothing visibly wrong with you, so you're perfectly fine!" Bull.
And this video literally describes my entire life perfectly.
I literally want to strangle the people who they were quoting.
To be honest, I didn't know what EDS was, I googled it, but that doesn't mean that i know how it feels or what the emotional and physical struggle is. I don't know why people just can't be honest and say 'I don't know how it feels, But I do know i'm there for you.' Are those words so hard? No! And it's better than them lying to people telling them how they know what they're going through if they've never even felt the type of pain that person has.
I swear, Nobody really understands unless they've been through that situation or through a similar one. And even then, they may not understand or comprehend it.
I don't know why people just 'assume' it's not severe or it's 'nothing.' It's not fair to the person coping and it's DEFINITELY not fair to all the others out there getting told to shut up and live with it.

• Love
I literally want to strangle the people who they were quoting.
To be honest, I didn't know what EDS was, I googled it, but that doesn't mean that i know how it feels or what the emotional and physical struggle is. I don't know why people just can't be honest and say 'I don't know how it feels, But I do know i'm there for you.' Are those words so hard? No! And it's better than them lying to people telling them how they know what they're going through if they've never even felt the type of pain that person has.
I swear, Nobody really understands unless they've been through that situation or through a similar one. And even then, they may not understand or comprehend it.
I don't know why people just 'assume' it's not severe or it's 'nothing.' It's not fair to the person coping and it's DEFINITELY not fair to all the others out there getting told to shut up and live with it.
I've heard all of those things so. Many. Times. It's a wonder I haven't attempted murder on the people who've said those things. >_>

It's not anything to feel bad about. Almost nobody has heard of it, considering it's a rare disease. *Shrug.* I've just had to get used to it. Oh, gosh.. Don't get me started. My biggest pet peeve is people saying 'I understand', 'I've been there', 'I know what you're going through', and 'It'll all get better'. Like, seriously. It makes me want to shove my fist down their throat, because they have no idea.

Exactly!! Thank you, finally someone who sees it how I do!

It drives me insane.

• Love
I've heard all of those things so. Many. Times. It's a wonder I haven't attempted murder on the people who've said those things. >_>
It's not anything to feel bad about. Almost nobody has heard of it, considering it's a rare disease. *Shrug.* I've just had to get used to it. Oh, gosh.. Don't get me started. My biggest pet peeve is people saying 'I understand', 'I've been there', 'I know what you're going through', and 'It'll all get better'. Like, seriously. It makes me want to shove my fist down their throat, because they have no idea.
Exactly!! Thank you, finally someone who sees it how I do!
It drives me insane.
Every time i tell someone my story or my father's story, (He had this disease even worse than i do.) They're like It will get better. And i have to literally hold myself back from saying "From the way my father's disease progressed, I won't be able to walk when i'm twenty."
It irritates me to no end when people are like 'Oh it'll be fine, Oh, It's okay! Oh, I know what you're feeling.' I understand if you really do understand what pain feels like, But when you've never felt this way and your telling me it will be fine? It's not fair, In a lot of ways.
I can't seem to get my bio in the certain color, so i'm going to try to get it as close as i can and go from there.

By the way, I LOVE the broken and voiceless girl quotes in the signature of your profile. <3

• Love
OKAY!! Im back! Work's internet was down so i couldnt post, but I'll put up my post for exavior right now and then start to work on chrystal

Name: Ella Trenton
Nickname/Aliases(If any): El, T.
Stage Name(If any):
Age(Remember.. We're in high school!): 16
Sexuality: Straight
1yk6d1.jpg

large.jpg

Appearance(Pictures preferred, but descriptions are okay!): Brownish-red hair swept over her left eye, Chocolate brown eyes and a smile. She usually wears contacts but sometimes she wears her big black glasses.
Personality: She's shy when you first meet her, But when you get to know her she's silly, Crazy, Funny and smart. She likes being wild at times and can get a little on the wild side.
-----
Favorite Song: She has many, But her top five are;
(^^ This song makes her cry everytime she listens to it. ^^)
Favorite Band/Singer/Genre: Anything from Pop to Alternative Rock.
Instruments They Play: Piano/Keyboard
Spot In The Band: Assistant Manager
-----
Skills/talents: Singing, Although she rarely sings in front of others. Hacking.
Hobbies/Passtimes: Singing, Drawing, Writing music.
Dislikes:
Major Flaw/Weakness: She's very shy, But when you get to know her she's wild. She distrusts people. She's also very Depressive.
Disability(Or, disabilities)/Medical Issues: Severe Depression, Anxiety, ADHD, Also issues with self harm. She also has a particular kind of Arthtitis that attacks her muscles and bones. Some days, she's fine. Other days she can't walk.
She also has PTSD and she can't remember a lot. She can't remember important things. But the things she wants to forget, Never go away.
Fears: Arachnaphobia
Backstory: Her father died when she was ten, She coming home to him dying. It was quite traumautic and she blames herself. She lives with her mother and grandparents. Both of her grandparents have Alsheimers.
Other: Music is her escape, It helps her deal with her Depression. She also has a cat named Babe; He's the oldest of her three, But Babe is the one who bonded to her. She loves him to pieces and has many times saved her from ending her life.

• Love
Every time i tell someone my story or my father's story, (He had this disease even worse than i do.) They're like It will get better. And i have to literally hold myself back from saying "From the way my father's disease progressed, I won't be able to walk when i'm twenty."
It irritates me to no end when people are like 'Oh it'll be fine, Oh, It's okay! Oh, I know what you're feeling.' I understand if you really do understand what pain feels like, But when you've never felt this way and your telling me it will be fine? It's not fair, In a lot of ways.
I can't seem to get my bio in the certain color, so i'm going to try to get it as close as i can and go from there.
By the way, I LOVE the broken and voiceless girl quotes in the signature of your profile. <3
I'm really sorry to hear that, from the bottom of my heart. *Cuddles.* I have no idea what your pain is like, but I can tell that we at least can relate on how jerky people are to people like us(again; part of the reason I wanted to make this rp. I'm hoping to get others to have at least a slight image of the struggles we go through). While I can't make any promises on things getting better, I'll make sure to include you and your family in my prayers tonight. <3

It's no problem if the color isn't right. I only had the sheets colored so people could see the differences. ^^

Daw, thank you! ^^ I have a ton more quotes I've written, as well as a whole bunch of angst-y poetry. Writing is how I channel my emotions, especially when I'm depressed.

OKAY!! Im back! Work's internet was down so i couldnt post, but I'll put up my post for exavior right now and then start to work on chrystal
Awesome!

Name: Ella Trenton
Nickname/Aliases(If any): El, T.
Stage Name(If any):
Age(Remember.. We're in high school!): 16
Sexuality: Straight
Appearance(Pictures preferred, but descriptions are okay!): Brownish-red hair swept over her left eye, Chocolate brown eyes and a smile. She usually wears contacts but sometimes she wears her big black glasses.
Personality: She's shy when you first meet her, But when you get to know her she's silly, Crazy, Funny and smart. She likes being wild at times and can get a little on the wild side.
Favorite Song: She has many, But her top five are;
(^^ This song makes her cry everytime she listens to it. ^^)
Favorite Band/Singer/Genre: Anything from Pop to Alternative Rock.
Instruments They Play: Piano/Keyboard
Spot In The Band: Assistant Manager
Skills/talents: Singing, Although she rarely sings in front of others. Hacking.
Hobbies/Passtimes: Singing, Drawing, Writing music.
Dislikes:
Major Flaw/Weakness: She's very shy, But when you get to know her she's wild. She distrusts people. She's also very Depressive.
Disability(Or, disabilities)/Medical Issues: Severe Depression, Anxiety, ADHD, Also issues with self harm. She also has a particular kind of Arthtitis that attacks her muscles and bones. Some days, she's fine. Other days she can't walk.
She also has PTSD and she can't remember a lot. She can't remember important things. But the things she wants to forget, Never go away.
Fears: Arachnaphobia
Backstory: Her father died when she was ten, She coming home to him dying. It was quite traumautic and she blames herself. She lives with her mother and grandparents. Both of her grandparents have Alsheimers.
Other: Music is her escape, It helps her deal with her Depression. She also has a cat named Babe; He's the oldest of her three, But Babe is the one who bonded to her. She loves him to pieces and has many times saved her from ending her life.
Aww, I love her!! <3 I could see her and Dragomira being best friends, despite their bands being rivals. XD Accepted!

Status
Not open for further replies.