Raised On Dust n' Dirt; Once In A Lifetime

Does this sound fun/interesting to you? Will you join?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that would be fun :)
Maybe my character could help out, I imagine her as really good at multiple instruments

It depends if disability means mental disability too, like depression and anxiety

It depends if disability means mental disability too, like depression and anxiety
Of course it does! I'd never reject any of those(considering I have both of your examples, especially); I made this roleplay in hopes of people getting out of their comfort zones and trying to see what a life with a disability is like(even though I know for a fact nobody without disabilities can imagine what it's like in the slightest). And because I believe there aren't enough books, or even roleplays, out there involving disabilities. Oh, yeah, sure; there are tons of books and roleplays about people with Cancer... But because our diseases aren't deadly... Are we really lesser than people with cancer? Less important? Our stories don't get told; is that because people don't think we're worth it?

Those are all questions I think about a lot. Anyhow.. My disability rant is over. The answer to your question is yes. XD

Thank you, I'm glad!! Can't wait to see how Linkin responds, haha. (Grete has hyperactivity, thyroid disease, and Bipolar disorder, I forgot to put it in the character sheet :?)
You'll see shortly. >:3 I'm going to wait for one or two more people to post again. :3

Wait.. Was she supposed to be in the Deviant Dragons? I had her up as Sinfinity.. I hope that wasn't wrong.. :p

Yay! I'll get a post up asap for julie and zach

OH MY GOD THANK YOU SOMEONE SAID IT

Yeah I have SO many problems (I don't show them, and I don't talk about them a lot)
But when I talk about when I have these waves of depression, and feel like I want to jump of a building (Long story) My feelings aren't valid because I don't have Ebola? Jesus.

Okay sorry about that, I'm gonna make my character Now

Name: Elizabeth Donoven
Nickname/Aliases(If any): Liddy
Stage Name(If any): Ace
Age(Remember.. We're in high school!): 16
Sexuality: Pan
Appearance(Pictures preferred, but descriptions are okay!):
Flower_Goth_Girl_by_srebrni.jpgGoth_Girl_by_chaosbringer99.jpg
(they're kinda blurry, But she changes her hair style a lot, it's usually red, and she has a lot of ear piercings, one lip, and one eyebrow.

Personality: She's a little intimidating at first, but if you don't automatically make fun of her or be afraid of her for her looks, she's actually really nice. The only mean thing about her is how sarcastic she is.
Disability(Or, disabilities)/Medical Issues: Depression (She's been talked off a bridge before), Anxiety, ADD and Dyslexia, Paranoia.
-----
Favorite Song:
Evil Friends By Portugal. The Man
Favorite Band/Singer/Genre: Funnily enough, her favorite artists are Nicki Minaj and Beyonce, mostly because they're feminist Icons. She likes Indie rock, her favorite Band being Portugal. The Man.
Instruments They Play: Guitar, Piano, Bass, Drums, and a little Saxophone. She's a quick learner and can pick up instruments fast if she tries.
Spot In The Band: Assistant Manager, Hopes to really run the band one day, but knows she'll have to wait a little longer, being as shes only 16.
-----
Skills/talents:
She can sing, write songs, dance, and she's actually a good speaker, able to persuade people to do things for her
Hobbies/Passtimes: She loves to draw though she's only mediocre at it, and loves to write and read stories. She also likes scrolling endlessly through tumblr
Dislikes: Sexist pigs, cat calls
Major Flaw/Weakness: She thinks of everything as a cheezy 80's high school movie
Fears: Cows
Backstory: She was abused emotionally by her older brother, and one day he hit her, and she beat him up so bad he needed plastic surgery on his face, and she broke her hand. Since he was 18, he was sent to jail after their mother testified against him. After he was sent away, she tried to distract herself, as she was in a depressed fog afterward, and after spending a month in a mental institution for attempted suicide, she found music was what made her happy.
Other: Sharks

• Love
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
OH MY GOD THANK YOU SOMEONE SAID IT
Yeah I have SO many problems (I don't show them, and I don't talk about them a lot)
But when I talk about when I have these waves of depression, and feel like I want to jump of a building (Long story) My feelings aren't valid because I don't have Ebola? Jesus.
Okay sorry about that, I'm gonna make my character Now
Name: Elizabeth Donoven
Nickname/Aliases(If any): Liddy
Stage Name(If any): Ace
Age(Remember.. We're in high school!): 16
Sexuality: Pan
Appearance(Pictures preferred, but descriptions are okay!):
View attachment 43823View attachment 43824 (they're kinda blurry, But she changes her hair style a lot, it's usually red, and she has a lot of ear piercings, one lip, and one eyebrow.
Personality: She's a little intimidating at first, but if you don't automatically make fun of her or be afraid of her for her looks, she's actually really nice. The only mean thing about her is how sarcastic she is.
Disability(Or, disabilities)/Medical Issues: Depression (She's been talked off a bridge before), Anxiety, ADD and Dyslexia, Paranoia.
Favorite Song: Evil Friends By Portugal. The Man
Favorite Band/Singer/Genre: Funnily enough, her favorite artists are Nicki Minaj and Beyonce, mostly because they're feminist Icons. She likes Indie rock, her favorite Band being Portugal. The Man.
Instruments They Play: Guitar, Piano, Bass, Drums, and a little Saxophone. She's a quick learner and can pick up instruments fast if she tries.
Spot In The Band: Assistant Manager, Hopes to really run the band one day, but knows she'll have to wait a little longer, being as shes only 16.
Skills/talents: She can sing, write songs, dance, and she's actually a good speaker, able to persuade people to do things for her
Hobbies/Passtimes: She loves to draw though she's only mediocre at it, and loves to write and read stories. She also likes scrolling endlessly through tumblr
Dislikes: Sexist pigs, cat calls
Major Flaw/Weakness: She thinks of everything as a cheezy 80's high school movie
Fears: Cows
Backstory: She was abused emotionally by her older brother, and one day he hit her, and she beat him up so bad he needed plastic surgery on his face, and she broke her hand. Since he was 18, he was sent to jail after their mother testified against him. After he was sent away, she tried to distract herself, as she was in a depressed fog afterward, and after spending a month in a mental institution for attempted suicide, she found music was what made her happy.
Other: Sharks
I KNOW.
It drives me crazy.
Like... Seriously. People shouldn't focus soully on these obvious diseases. They should focus on the lesser-known and rarer ones as well, because it makes people with these disorders feel less important.

I know the thoughts and depression all too well..

Accepted!

How do you all respond so fast?!
I had school and work and stuff and have to work again tonight, but i should have a little bit of time just before i start to post. I'll just make some excuse as to why both of my characters jumped in the rp late;

Reactions: Midnight Maiden
*shudders*
cursing.... ugh.....

How do you all respond so fast?!
I had school and work and stuff and have to work again tonight, but i should have a little bit of time just before i start to post. I'll just make some excuse as to why both of my characters jumped in the rp late;
Yeah, this is definitely moving a lot faster than I thought it would. :p

*shudders*
cursing.... ugh.....
Sorry.. I wanted to allow it solely because there are always people and/or characters who curse. I felt like saying it was a no-go would be putting limits on what people can or can't do. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.