Raining Blood

"Your brother?" Don asked. He wasn't sure what to think of that, the girl clearly looked like she had been attacked, marks of dried blood visible on her wrist and neck. Was it her brother that had kidnapped her?

"Look, I'm a cop. I can protect you from whoever did that to you, I just need you to trust me and come with me." Those were the last words he managed to get out before a strong hand reached around from behind him, cutting off his air supply. Don tried to turn his gun on the attacker, but it was swatted out of his hand. He didn't know that the gun would have been completely useless against his attacker. He struggled, both his hands clasping at the arm that was wrapped around his throat, his feet lifting off the ground, kicking behind him, trying to at least hurt the man behind him enough to let go. The struggles were in vain, as Don breathed his last breath. Brian dropped him to the floor, wondering if he should feast on the corpse.

"The person who did this is dead don't worry please." When her brother came into the room and put his hands around his neck she screamed. This was her friend she had known for years. "Stop it." She cried out seeing Don start to struggle to get her brother off him. When he stopped moving and was dropped to the floor she ran over. She could not let Don die she tilted his head back and pinched his nose then slowly breathed for him. She hoped it wasn't to late she wanted him alive but could she do it?

Brian watched as his sister rushed over to the body, struggling to resuscitate him. The rage that had filled him moments before still flowed through his veins, feeding him, stoking the thirst for blood in him. He flashed his fangs at the body, wanting to feed, to feel the rush of warm blood flowing down his throat, to tear his victim's throat off. But something stopped him. It was the memories of his sister, slowly filtering themselves back in to his mind. The way that she had looked the night that their parents died, how he had consoled her even though he was filled with his own terrible emotions. Those memories had stopped him from bending down and consuming the body in front of him.

"Becca, do you know that guy?" he asked.

(Hope you don't mind the cpr)
"Yes I do he is my friend. Don come on." She yelled as she breathed into his mouth again and checked his neck for a pulse. What would she do if she couldn't bring him back? What would she say to the cops she just found him like this dead on the streeth? She couldn't believe her twin brother would do something like this to her friend. Yes he did not remember very much but did he have to cut off his air and kill him? She waited impatiently to feel for a pulse.

(It's fine :D)

Don had left the door open behind him. While that would not be a problem normally, it just so happened to be the morning, and the door was facing east. Small beams of sunlight danced through the open door, lighting up the dark interior of the house. Brian felt a burning sensation on his arm. It was getting hotter by the second. He looked down; his arm was starting to catch fire. With the sudden realization that standing in the sunlight would kill him, Brian bolted towards the door, shutting it. He managed to put the fire on his arm out before it could do any significant damage. With the sun coming up, Brian couldn't leave the house. It was going to be a long day.

The sound of his sister performing CPR on her friend's body in the other room brought Brian back down to earth. He had just killed her friend, and he felt no remorse. Trying to revive him might be futile, but he watched as his sister attempted to save him. She would breath in to his mouth, then check for a pulse. After several minutes of watching her, Brian heard the slow, rhythmic pulse of Don's heartbeat start. It was weak, but there. Moments later Don started to cough, his lungs grasping for air.

When her brother's arm was starting to burn she could feel it on her arm. Sometimes when they were younger and one of them was hurt the other one would know. Twin telepathy most called it she knew that it was that to. Also the smell of burning flesh entered her nose making her almost gag but she had to continue to help her friend come back. Maybe her brother would feed on her instead of someone else she couldn't stand him drinking on anyone else. He would have to learn to control his thirst for hunger first or he would kill her again. "Don wake up." She said as she felt his neck for a small pulse and she lifted him up into her arms. She would not forgive him for almost killing her friend right in front of her.

Don coughed, his lungs on felt like they were on fire. He wasn't sure what had happened. The last thing that he had remembered was the kidnapper holding him by the throat, choking him. The kidnapper! he thought, where is he? He looked up; the girl was hovering above him, tears streaking her eyes. At least she was safe for now. Recognition slowly dawned on him, it was one of his friends.

"Becca, what happened?" he asked her. They had met several years ago at a mutual friend's barbeque, quickly getting to know each other. Don's wife had frequently invited Becca and her brother Brian over for dinner, and some times they even babysit his son Eric. That had seemed like such a long time ago; come to think of it, it had been precisely a year since he had last seen her, the night of her brother's disappearance. Whatever happened to him?

How could she say that her brother was the one that did this she couldn't. Don was a cop and she knew all about that he would put him in jail. "Someone attacked you I didn' see who." She gave a look towards her brother to keep quiet about him being the one to strangle Don and almost kill him. What if it happened again would Don come back? What about brain damage? What if her brother couldn't control himself and start feeding off one of them? She cringed at the thought and hoped Don would not see the cringe she would just explain she was cold.

"This is all very touching, but, Becca, you don't need to lie to Don about what happened," Brian said. "There's nothing he can do to me that will hurt me, so he might as well know the truth." He stepped closer to the two humans, unsure of his next step. His eyes shone in the darkness, betraying him for what he truly was, a vampire. Perhaps keeping Don locked up would prove useful. After all, it was quite a ways away to actually go to town and find someone to feed on.

Rolling her eyes she knew he was right. "Don my brother was the one that attacked you. He was turned into a vampire." She was still holding on to Don and letting him lean against her all he needed to. What would happen now what would her brother do to him would he kill him? She hoped not because if an officer was missing the cops wound come and find him they would need to get rid of the car.

That couldn't have been true. Vampires were the things of stories, invented to scare kids and make money off of horny teenagers. And it was certainly absurd that someone he had known for years could suddenly be turned in to a vampire. But that's when Don saw the glowing yellow eyes; there was little to no light in the room, nothing to turn the eyes that colour. He was hypnotized by the eyes, staring deeply in to them, seeing the hate looking back at him, the thirst for death overpowering him. And in that moment, he was genuinely scared for his life. He knew that he probably wouldn't live through the day, and he wanted to tell his wife and child that he loved them, knowing that he probably wouldn't get a chance to.

"Becca...that's Brian? What happened to him?

She watched him look at Brian and almost said something to him when he did not respond. "Yes that's him. My brother that disappeared a year ago." She whispered putting a hand on her shoulder Don had helped her through a lot when there was nothing to do about her brother. Even though the other cops stopped looking for him Don never stopped always picking up dead calls thinking that one person saw him or another. Becca had always liked him for that because he helped even though there was no hope.

Brian was conflicted. Past feelings were pushing themselves through, wanting him to let them go, to save them from the monster that he had become. But those feelings were being fought by his thirst for blood. With a surge of emotion, Brian forced the words he didn't want to speak out of his mouth, "Go. Both of you go. Get in the car, and drive, anywhere, away from here. I can't follow you right now because of the sun. That gives you time to hide."

Don heard the beast speaking, and realized that it was actually Brian. But the offer of escape had been too great to pass up, and he struggled to his feet, ready to take the vampire up on its offer. "Come on Becca, this might be our only chance of escape."

Even though her brother was a monster she would never leave his side she needed her right now and she didn't care the consequences. "I'm not leaving my brother." She pulled away from Don and then stood up if Don went to the cops about her brother what would happen to him? Would he be killed on the spot or would Don be honor their friendship and not say anythinag about her brother to the cops. No matter what they said she was not leaving him after finding him after a year.

Don just didn't understand why Becca was so adamant about staying with her vampire brother. Couldn't she tell that, while it might still look like her brother on the outside, who he was, the boy she had known, was no longer in there? It was just a hulking form, full of rage and violence. Well, if she didn't want to leave, then he would leave, and bring back the cavalry. "Alright. If you don't want to come, that's your choice, but I have a wife and kid to get home to."

Don turned, Brian suddenly blocking his way. "Either you both go, or neither of you leaves."

"Brian please let Don leave there is no reason for him to stay. You do not want to end up like the other vampire that turned you into this do you?" She walks over to him hoping he would listen to reason he could not force a cop to stay here and she was worried they were going to get into trouble. Don would probably never want to talk to her because of her brother now he had just caused the end of their friendship or so she assumed.

"Becca, you don't understand. I'm doing this to protect you. If I let him leave, he's just going to come back with more people. Then we'll both be in a world of trouble," Brian said, regretting ever bringing up the possibility of them leaving.

She sighed he was right even though she did not want to believe it but it was true. "Your right." What if he tried to kill Don again and what if he didn't come back. "What about his car though the police will come looking for it.

Brian took several minutes to think about how to proceed. "Becca, you go out and deal with the car. I'll take care of Don."

"Wait what do you mean you'll take care of Don?" She would have to make it look like an accident run the car off the cliff not far from here.