Raining Blood

She was alive, for now. He got up, unsure of what to do next, his mind racing. First things first...he had to get her out of the cellar. He bent down, carefully lifted her up, and carried her out of the cellar. A spacious hall greeted him as he walked out of the cellar. He rushed over to the nearest couch, and laid her down on it. A blanket lay draped over a chair; he grabbed it and covered her with it. That would have to do for now.

A very slight moan escaped her lips when she was picked up and then another when she was put on the couch. The blanket covered her body and she felt warmth. Something she had not felt for a long time even when she was at home because her brother was not there. Her lips were a deathly shade of pale white in the light that came from the corner of the room.

The kitchen had been almost completely devoid of food. He had managed to find a couple pieces of bread and some cheese, which he took with him back in to the living room, along with a glass of water. Because he had just fed, he wasn't feeling hungry, but he still felt the urge for blood. He stared at the girl laying there on the couch, her skin as pale as the moonlight. He sat down beside her, offering her the sandwich and water.

It looked so good and she could barely lift her hand up to take the food from him. She managed to grab the piece of bread and started nibbling on it. Her stomach protested and she felt like she was going to throw up but she didn't and she continued to eat. She knew she had to eat to keep her strength up what if her brother would try to kill her again.

He watched her nibbling on the bread, barely being able to keep it down. It wasn't much, but it would have to do, at least until he either found more food or killed her. He looked around the room, noting how old the place was. There were some pictures sitting on top of the fireplace. They were of the vampire that he had killed downstairs, back before he had been turned. Memories slowly seeped back in to Brian's head, memories of the last year broken in to bits and pieces, memories of the pain that he had endured at the hands of Vincent, and memories of how he had been fed on like he was nothing more than a juice box. Brian grabbed the pictures and smashed them to pieces.

"Perhaps I'll keep you as a pet of my own. Or I'll just kill you. It depends, how badly do you want to live?" he asked the girl laying on the couch.

When he grabbed the pictures she watched him go around the room afraid he might come over and hurt her again. She couldn't live through another one of those drinking times she would not last. "I don't care." That was all she said as she at the bit of cheese and that was all she could handle. At least some of the humanity was still in there maybe somehow she could get him back. In the movies it did not work but this was real life wasn't it? She had lost or thought she lost her only family and now she did not want to live anymore. A few tears fell down her cheeks and she put her head into the couch so it would soak into the fabric.

That wasn't the answer that he had been looking for. Did she really not care? The events of the night had broken her emotionally, as well as causing her physical harm, so it made sense for her to be crying. But surely she didn't want to die? He sauntered over to her, his hand wrapping around her neck, his grip slowly tightening.

"I could snap your neck like a twig," he told her, gazing in to her eyes. "And you mean to tell me that it doesn't frighten you in the least, knowing that you could die? And you don't care if you die? Why?"

When he put his hands around her neck she grabbed his hands and tried to pull them away but with no luck. She was too weak. "Your my brother. The only person I had left now your gone." Her voice was raspy and muffled because he was cutting off the air to her throat and she was starting to feel light head. A few tears fell down her cheeks as she looked into the eyes of her brother the ones she knew who was full of hatred now.

He chuckled at her feeble attempt to move his hand away; even on a good day she would be no match for his newly found strength. As she answered his question, he tried to remember if she really had been his sister, but he just couldn't seem to find those memories. There was an element of truth to her answer, only he wasn't sure if he should believe her. Thoughts raced through his head, some of them telling him to just choke her and get it over with, other telling him to let her go. This wasn't the way movies and books portrayed vampires, which showed them as evil beings full of nothing but hatred; he was having conflicting emotions, a small shred of humanity left in him. He didn't know if that was because he had only recently been turned, or if that's how vampires actually worked.

He released his grasp on her throat. "Were we...were we close?"

When she said those words she could see him thinking and she hoped there was still some kind of memory there. When he finally released his grip she grabbed her throat and started coughing trying to catch her breath. When she finally caught her breath she looked up at him and watched his face. The pain on her face was noticeable that he could not remember her at all. "Yes we.....were close." The words were so hard to say when it was so true and those words now meant nothing.

He turned away, deep in thought. No matter how hard he tried, he just couldn't remember her. This was becoming futile. Why couldn't he remember her? He had been able to remember some things about his life in the past, but her, his sister, he could not. His chin felt wet, he hadn't noticed it up until now. Some of her blood was still there, so he used his hand to wipe it off before drinking it. Slowly, one word came to him. Her name. He looked at her, vague remembrance shining through his eyes.

"Becca?"

When he looked away from her she sighed and knew that he would probably never remember her again. When he said her name tears filled her eyes and part of his eyes were like her brother. Something was still there. "Yes that's my name." At least he remembered something and that meant a lot to her. It was only her name but that was the start of something her stomach turned and she felt like she was going to be sick. She needed to keep down that food she had just eaten.

Vague memories filled his mind, but one stuck out in particular. The last time he had seen her like this; the night their parents died. "What happened to our parents?" he asked her, finally coming to the realization that they were in fact twins.

Meanwhile, miles away, an investigation had been going on. There had been an anonymous tip that a mysterious man had jumped a girl, probably the same girl that had been reported missing by her roommate, and that he had dragged her in to the alley where a car had sped off only moments later. It wasn't much to go on, and Don wasn't confident that they would be able to find the missing girl before something terrible happened to her. He needed a clue, something to go on so that he could find her. He spent the next several hours talking to local store owners, trying to see if they had any security cameras pointed in the direction of the alley. So far he had been unlucky, but he couldn't give up hope yet. There was one more store to visit.

What if this did not last long and he would forget about her down the line again try to kill her again. "They died in a car crash." She said quietly not wanting to relive that moment again. She thought back to Don and wondered what he would be doing if he would be trying to save her. What happened if she was saved what would happen to her brother would he get taken away somewhere again? "You really remember me?" She asked turning towards him with tears in her eyes.

Hearing about how his parents died had no effect on Brian. To him, they were just a distant memory. When Becca had asked him if he had remembered her, he thought about lying, but he decided to tell her the truth. "No. At least not entirely, just little bits and pieces of our time spent growing up. I don't know if my memory will ever fully return, or if I'm going to turn in to a savage beast like Vincent."

Don was in luck. The last store had a camera that pointed straight at the alley, all he had to do was point his detective's badge at the clerk. The clerk showed him in to the back room where the camera footage was stored. It didn't take long to find the kidnapping. The man had long hair, and wore an old-fashioned coat. It was difficult to see his face, but Don was sure it was the same guy that had kidnapped a boy, on the same night a year ago. Moments later a car sped out of the alley. A 1967 Ford Mustang, license plate 487-943. From that he was able to get an address, and before long he was on his way there, hoping to find the girl alive.

"You don't know what Vincent was like as a human. You still have some humanity left in you." He was only half vampire since he was just turned and fulls vamps are born like this. Sighing she laid her head back down and closed her eyes she was very tired and soon it would be light outside. At least Vincent had dark shades so that the sunlight wouldn't hit vampires. "I'm so tired." She whispered trying her hardest to stay awake but it was a loosing battle.

It was almost light out, and Brian didn't know how he would react to it. There were dark shades on all the windows, but he wasn't sure if that was to keep the light out or to keep wandering eyes out. Either way, he wasn't willing to find out what would happen to him in sunlight. He pulled all the blinds closed, trying to make it as dark as possible in the room, partly for his own safety but also because he didn't want Becca being woken up by sun shining in her face when she needed to sleep. He sat down in a chair, watching over her. Strange, how he felt the need to protect her, even though he was the only one around that could hurt her.

Don watched the first rays of light hit the horizon. It had been a long night, and an even longer drive to the house of the suspected kidnapper. He looked at his GPS, noticing that he was inching closer and closer to his destination. But it would be at least another hour before he finally made it there.

Her breath was soft while she was sleeping she always breathed softly then. Her lips still pale though at least she was alive unlike just half an hour ago. At least her brother had saved her life but that did not mean he wouldn't try to kill her again. Her nightmares were filled with Vincent hurting her and then her brother killing her. She woke up screaming from one of them and never wanted to go back to sleep because those nightmares would come back again.

Don had finally arrived at the house of the supposed kidnapper. It was quite a ways away from other houses, and it was really big. Looks just like the type of place to hide someone, he thought. Just as he was walking towards the front door, he heard a shriek coming from one of the rooms on the first floor. Without thinking, he ran up to the front door, not bothering to knock, and kicked it in, his gun drawn. The shriek had come from one of the rooms on the left, and he made his way forward, careful to have his finger near the trigger in case someone attacked him.

As he entered the room, he saw the girl laying there, pale as a ghost, but alive. She looked like she had been through hell. He motioned to her, hoping she could see him, trying not to make too much noise so that her kidnapper didn't hear them. A quick glance around the room showed him that the only sign of life came from the girl; good, nobody was going to attack him right now. He beckoned the girl towards him, lifting a finger to his mouth, indicating he wanted her to be quiet. "Come quickly, I'm here to get you out."

A gun would not help with a vampire the bullets would not even slow them down. When she woke up her brother was not around and she started to get worried. Was this all a dream and her brother was still missing and she somehow got to a strange place? Now she had some food in her stomach and something to drink her energy was back. The loud slam of the door hitting the side made her jump from where she was resting. When Don had motioned for her to come she shook her head. "You don't understand my brother is here I'm fine." She said sitting up on the couch hoping he would not attack her friend that had came to save her.