Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Fantasy, Superheroics, Slice-of-Life, Anime, a fair deal of fandom...
In-Character

Many, many eons ago, there were three daughters.

The first and oldest daughter took the form of a great wolf.

The second daughter took the form of a serpent.

The third and youngest daughter maintained a humanoid state.

While their father, Loki the trickster, left to do many things, their mother, the Jotunn Angrboda, took care of them as they lived merry lives in Jotunheimr, the realm of wolves and giants.

However, the kind of Aesir, Odin, would not have any of that, for it is written in the prophecy of the fabled end of ends Ragnarok that the three spawn of Loki the trickster and the Jotunn Angrboda would bring chaos. As such, he captured the three daughters to throw them into their eternal prisons.

He tied the first daughter by chains made from the impossible alloy, Gleipnir. The first daughter soon became known by many names due to her origins and fate - Fenrisulfr, Vanagandr, Hrootvitnir and Fenrir.

He threw the second daughter into the oceans of Midgard, where it would grow into a great beast bound to the physical plane, feeding off whales. This second daughter, who came to be known by names such as Midgardsomr or Jormungandr due to her fate, was said to be big enough to circle the world's lands with her serpentine body.

The third daughter was cast into the Underworld, Hel, and adopted her name after the place. Hel was tasked to be the ruler of the realm, evaluated and judging those who perish.

The three daughters, Fenrisulfr, Jormungandr and Hel had to suffer their prisons for eons, until one day, a hero from tales beyond the Prose and Poetic Eddas dropped by to rescue them. This hero was known as 'Cu Chulainn'. Cu Chulainn used wits and smarts to break their prisons and set them free...

Young Hakozaki Hikaru is a fresh new High School Student. His mother is often out of the country for work. One day, he recieves a letter from her from Iceland...

Hey Hikaru,

It's your mother here. Coping well? I'm guessing it's a yes, you are my son after all! Haha! So anyways, I just adopted three girls, here are there photos, ages, height, BWH, info, you get me. Attached right behind this letter. Vana, Jormun and Hel will serve as your new sisters when their plane lands next Friday. No need to fetch them, they're very capable young ladies and will find the house.

I just want you to show them around the neighbourhood during the weekend.

P.S. You've entered High School. That's wonderful news! One of the girls will enter with you. There's going to be a bit of paperwork, but I hope you can handle it.

Love, Mom.

And so the day came as the three girls arrived at Hikaru's doorstep. The day came as Hikaru met his three new sisters - Vana, Jormun and Hel. It isn't long before he finds out that they're hiding a little secret that'll make him question what his mother is doing!

The Ragnarok Girls

The namesake characters of this Roleplay. This terrible trio is the brood of Loki.

Fenrisulfr, known by other names such as Vanagandr or Hroovitnir, is a terrifying beast, or so they say. Fenrisulfr was once bound by the chains of Gleipnir until Cu Chulainn freed her. Exposed to the colds of Aesir for a long time, she has learned to control cold with ease. She has taken the form of a young woman by the name of Vana, capable of transforming into a great wolf once again.

Jormungandr, also known as the Midgardsomr, is a giant serpent that was said to hold the world in place. In the prophecy of Ragnarok, it is said to have great poisons that could stun and slay deities. She has taken the form of a young woman named Jormun. Due to this transformation releasing a lot of her energy, she will appear significantly smaller than her original, whale-swallowing form when transforming back to her beast-like form.
In addition to her default serpentine shape, Jormun can assume the form of a cat.

Hel was once the ruler of her namesake Underworld domain. Possessing the power to command the dead, as well as a familiar now sealed in the form of a plushie, Garmr, Hel now reunites with her older sisters to enjoy life on Midgard.

Cast

Main Protagonists

Hakozaki Hikaru - @Crow
Vana - @Weisenhart
Jormun - @Luma
Hel - @Vania

Other Characters

See more!

Application Skeleton

(Insert Animesque Picture Here)

Name: Well?
True Name: Well?
Physical Age: This'll correspond to what they'll do e.g. what stage of school they'll attend
Personality: How do they act?
History: Well...
Abilities: What feats and abilities does your character possess?
Human Appearance: Anything you can't show via the picture above, such as height?
True Form Appearance: What does your true form look like? Optional for Hel.
Other Information: Well?​

Last edited:
The placeholder's pretty decent. Can't wait to see the commish.

Anyways, I'm ready to set the IC up, but I'm drowsy so I'll set it up in a few hours. See you all later.

So, when do you all want to start? Hanging around Cu Chulainn before the flight, or heading to your new home after the flight?
If there's any interesting conversations to explore before the flight than I'd start there. Otherwise probably skip to after the flight. I'm fine with either. In fact, you could write out some parting words for Cu Chulainn and then skip straight over the flight in the first post if you wanna do it that way.
Green, Purple, and White. The beings of desu~truction.
Fear us, for we are desu incarnate!

Doubly relevant for Hel-chan.

Reactions: Vania
Phew, finished my first post and I'm quite enjoyed. Special Corners won't be used like everytime. Hel-chan is so sweet and innocent. There's no way she would do or say something so evil behind others' backs, right?

Jormun is tough to write sometimes. So hard to make someone sound savage, but not to the point of being irredeemable or cruel. Fun challenge though.

Jormun is tough to write sometimes. So hard to make someone sound savage, but not to the point of being irredeemable or cruel. Fun challenge though.
Savage huh... imo her expressions sounds almost like a tsundere who hasn't reveal her dere side ;P Nice job tho. That was amusing to read.

• Love
Reactions: Luma
Savage huh... imo her expressions sounds almost like a tsundere who hasn't reveal her dere side ;P Nice job tho. That was amusing to read.
Oh yay, mission accomplished! Thank ya much.

Oh yeah @Luma

14 is 2nd year middle school(post-birthday) or 3rd year middle school(pre-birthday)

15 is 3rd year middle school(post-birthday) or 1st year high school(pre-birthday)

• Useful
Oh yeah @Luma

14 is 2nd year middle school(post-birthday) or 3rd year middle school(pre-birthday)

15 is 3rd year middle school(post-birthday) or 1st year high school(pre-birthday)
OH, is it really? Whoops. Last paragraph is now gone, Vana'll be joining him instead heh. Honestly, I didn't even know what grade I was in when I was this age....

On that note: Hel-chan + Jormun-chan best schoolmates 4 life! ....those two mind-twisters will have the entire school worshiping them like a cult....

Hel's 11, intepreted as 6th year elementaey school(pre-birthday) or 5th year elementary schoo(post-birthday)

• Thank You
Hel's 11, intepreted as 6th year elementaey school(pre-birthday) or 5th year elementary schoo(post-birthday)

Literally just realized this myself....I can't even play the "I'm tired" excuse. Oh well, at least it'll stick in my mind better now that I've thoroughly humiliated myself xD

Huh. On first glance, I thought Vana was going to join him in high school. Since Jormun posted what she did, I guess it made sense since both of them are of the same age and they can be classmates. Since Vana will be taking care of housework and even a daycare, she will be like the maid of the household.

But yeah, she can protect him at school too.

Huh. On first glance, I thought Vana was going to join him in high school. Since Jormun posted what she did, I guess it made sense since both of them are of the same age and they can be classmates. Since Vana will be taking care of housework and even a daycare, she will be like the maid of the household.

But yeah, she can protect him at school too.
Good doggy. :3

Whatever school Hel's attending, if it's not entertaining enough she will just use her wing to sneak in some high or middle school during lunch break or maybe class.

"Yea, class. Since Japanese schools seem to allow this, why don't a skeleton ;)"

WOOF! Ironic in that I'm a kitty.
Megukitty. Still need to watch the second season, but I'm like 90% sure I see a Megu hiding in the background.

I keep forgetting Jormun can go kitty-mode. She'll have to make use of that at some point.

Whatever school Hel's attending, if it's not entertaining enough she will just use her wing to sneak in some high or middle school during lunch break or maybe class.

"Yea, class. Since Japanese schools seem to allow this, why don't a skeleton ;)"
Heh, that tends to be a thing in anime. Gotta find a way to get the younger character into the main character group, even though they're 'technically' not supposed to be there.

Also I didn't even think about this, but skeletons freaking Jormun out makes total sense, since she's used to being a serpent. Feel free to abuse that for shenanigans.

Woah, @Holy Shounen Grenade , you just heard Hel's telepathic voice? It's one of her power which limited to Garmr and the dead (and a targeting one to boot, I just use the phrase "if anyone could hear" just to convey what she thought without getting in her mind), so unless Vana is a hidden wolf zombie, I think you better change or explain it somehow. I'm more than happy to have a PC whom I can privately speak with if it's properly explained tbh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Woah, @Holy Shounen Grenade , you just heard Hel's telepathic voice? It's one of her power which limited to Garmr and the dead (and a targeting one to boot, I just use the phrase "if anyone could hear" just to convey what she thought without getting in her mind), so unless Vana is a hidden wolf zombie, I think you better change or explain it somehow. I'm more than happy to have a PC whom I can privately speak with if it's properly explained tbh.
"Magic."

Or if it's sci-fi: "Quantum."

....but yeah I see what ya mean.

Reactions: Vania
Status
Not open for further replies.