INTEREST CHECK R.O.C.K On! (Megaman Based Roleplay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lusterless Nova

Passionate Roleplayer
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per week
Online Availability
A few hours each day, and many hours on Sunday (I need to work like any other bloke)
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
I was thinking since a while that the Sci Fi section lacked one of the greatest genres. And i assume you know by now which one i am talking about. But to make sure: I am talking about Megaman.
Since i don't know that much about the original megaman though, and because Megaman X was centered around X and Zero, how about we write our own story? Far away in the future. Thanks to this, no prior knowledge would be necessary. I will use some elements from the games though, so make sure to ask me if you don't understand anything. I may use them accidentally.

And now for the plot:
Humans fear for a good reason that machines take control someday. They are stronger, have a lot more stamina, and are more durable than humans. The only thing that stops them from going against humanity are the Three Laws of Robotics.
  1. A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
  2. A robot must obey the orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
  3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
But what if one scientists disables these rules, even if not planning to do so? Dr.Light, a genius Scientist, created a Robot to think independently. He had a single simple mission: Protect the world. He was given a free will that would allow him to make it's own decisions. Little did he know that this was a huge mistake. The Robot decided that Humans were nothing but Parasites for the planet and that they also took the recourses he would need. In his eyes it would be only a matter of time until Humans would kill each other completely by using their Nuclear weaponry, which would further damage the world.

The Robot betrayed the Humans and vanished from sight for a couple of Years. When he came back, he was not alone. He build other Robots with the same A.I. he was using. While each had another personality, they all had the same goal. Eliminate Mankind.

Dr. Light was one of the first to die since he knew too much about how they were build. He knew their weakspots, and because of that his fate was sealed when they came for him in the middle of the night.

With him gone, the Robots now known as Mavericks, began to destroy many towns and kill many innocent people. Of course they had losses on their sides as well, but unlike humans they could rebuild themselves, so each loss was only temporarily. And the Nuclear weapons that seemed to be the easiest way to get rid of them were of no use. All forms of data transmissions were hacked by them, making it impossible to surprise attack them.

With all of these advantages, it seems like there is no way to win. In a last hope of defeating them and restoring peace, another Scientist who was known by the name Ciel, developed the Biometals, which were followed by the R.O.C.K On system.
Biometals are small, blocky mechanical artifacts which can be held by a single hand. However, Biometals are no ordinary technology as each of them houses a soul, usually of a legendary hero from a past era. Biometals are generally designed to resemble the original forms of the souls within, making them easy to recognize. Biometals are also distinguished by a protruding round plate on the front with a pair of horizontal lights for eyes, giving it the appearance of a face.

However, Biometals are better known for their ability to merge with a person, giving him/her incredible power.
Biometal uses the R.O.C.K (Rebirth of Crystallized Knowledge) System, and can Merge with a Chosen One (also referred to as a Biomatch). In a Merge, the Biometal becomes the user's living armor, and gives its user the abilities of whom it is based upon, becoming a Reploid. Biometals are generally referred to using an initial, e.g. Model Z, and generally titled as [Your character's name here], Model _ (Model initial here) during Merge (Example: Daniel, Model Z).

Biomatches are individuals destined for a particular Biometal. Only the Biomatches can hear the voices of the Biometals. Only a few of the Biometal have shown to be compatible with more than one individual.

The fusion between Chosen One and Biometal appears to occur at the genetic level. The Chosen One retains full control of his/her actions, but the Biometal can still speak independently and may cancel the transformation at will.

I will work on a list of Biometals once i have enough interested people. I guess 2 interested people are enough to make me motivated.
If you have any questions, go ahead and ask. I'll answer ASAP.

Last edited:
I'm in! I don't even care about anything else I'm in! As a matter of fact I have a character who would fit right in with the idea of biometals!!!!!!!!!! One question though, would people be able to be a chosen OR a biometal?

Playing as a little block of living metal really limits the players abilities. I thought about the idea of letting Biometals be alive and let users play them like partners, similar to soul eater. There would be a huge problem though if the Biometal players become inactive, which would render the Biomatch player unable to continue.
I'll just hope that 7 Player spots will be enough to satisfy the players. Each Biometal will of course have another ability, so versatility is guaranteed.

One more interested player and i will work on the story, and give away what Biometals will be available.

good point XD Well I like the idea ^.^

Sounds fun, like a less linear version of MMZX.
Mind if I join in?

Seems like i got some interested people. Okay then.
No i don't mind, and as you read this, i am working on the Sign up thread. Once it is done, i will post a link to it here.

-Edit-
It's done. Have fun.
Since the roleplay is up now, i will lock the Interest check. If there are any questions, ask them here.
https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/r-o-c-k-on-sign-up-and-ooc.37611/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.