1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
In no particular order: Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, Magical, Romance, anime, comic books, cartoons, video games..
Today we lost one of our close friends. A friend to lots of people here. @Gands was diagnosed with Covid on November 26. Today he was given last rites and passed away. He ran many RP's on this site, especially in comic book and sci fi related. He was a good friend to me, and my constant cheerleader and muse. Im crying just typing this. But I felt it should be known by the general public. The family will be starting a gofundme for his funeral expenses, I hope it can be shared here.

I am just... numb. He and I were close. Talked all the time. He even wanted to learn to Sign so we could communicate easier in person! He was a really great guy, the Gare Bear as I like to call him. I dont know what else to say. When I say I love him, I love him as I would my brother. He always felt so close to me. He always knew what was in my head and heart...

I love you, Gary. You're going to be missed by so many.

@Michale CS @Ms.Ezra @LuckycoolHawk9 (sorry if I forgot people)

Love always, Camleen

I had been considering returning to RP after a long hiatus when I got the tragic news. I know if I had, Gary would have been the first up to join and encourage me. Because that's who he was. To the people who knew him well, he was your constant friend and fan.

I would have loved to write with you again Gary Bear. But life just isn't fair at times.

You will be loved and missed my friend.

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: Epiphany
Gary was a great person to roleplay and hang out with. Honestly no words I can write here could do justice in describing how much of an amazing friend he was. Gary was fun, generous and willing to listen, all in all a wonderful human being. I will forever remain grateful to the times we spent roleplaying here or discussing stuff like movies and story ideas. My heart and prayers out goes to Gary's family.

Thank you Gary for being an awesome friend to us. You will always be missed.

Last edited:
  • Sympathy & Compassion
I only had the pleasure of gaming with Gands recently. I found him to be passionate about his game, terrific at running NPCs and actually plotting and setting the stage for the players to work with. On Discord, he was fun to talk to and great at both following up with slow posters without being mean about it.

I wish I could have known him better. I'm grateful for the RP experience he put together, grateful that he picked me to join it, and grateful to have known him at all.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family and loved ones now.

Gary was one of my best friends, we knew each other for a decade IRL, and in the last three years especially he and I had gotten close. The day he was admitted to the hospital, he contacted me and seemed... almost apologetic when he asked me to take care of his cockatoo, Rosie. She's in my den right now in what's usually called the "henitentary" a large aviary designed for when we have chickens we need to separate from the flock. She will have a new loving forever home soon.

I played board, card, video and roleplaying games with him both in person and online. He was usually my carpool ride to games conventions, and we shared expenses on the room there.

When my wife and I got stranded in a parking lot when our car battery died, it was he that showed up to help us out of our jam. No questions asked, he jumped in his car came to rescue us when the car had to be towed to the mechanic, giving us a lift to the mechanic's shop.

He was, bar none, the most selfless and kind person I have ever had the honor and privelege of knowing.

Please find attached a picture of Rosie, enjoying her breakfast of hamburger and warm tea. He loved and spoiled that bird, and I do the same.Rosieburger.jpg

Rest in Peace, Gary

Michale

Oh no. My condolences to his family. Rest in Peace Gands.

I never knew Gands, I just came back after a very long leave but rest well Gands, I'm sorry for everyone's loss. It sounds like this person meant a lot to many of you and made the community better by being here.

• Thank You