FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
  3. 1-3 posts per day
Online Availability
Literally every second of the day (most of the time)
Writing Levels
  1. Give-No-Fucks
  2. Elementary
  3. Intermediate
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Nonbinary
  3. Transgender
  4. Primarily Prefer Male
  5. No Preferences
Genres
Romance or Fantasy or Sci-Fi,, can do others, I’m open to trying new things
This is a thread for those of you who would like to share odd quotes you have saved from either yourself, or others.

If the quote is from someone you know irl, and is not here on Iwaku, please do not say their name, as they may not appreciate their information being spewed on the Internet. Though if the person is on Iwaku, please use their username/nickname. Not their irl name.

allow me to go first,

”It’s not a kidnapping, it’s a therapy Uber.” - A friend off-site

”Fuck it, perpendicular gaying.” - Me for some odd reason

Me and my husband do this ALL the time. Just repeat stuff at each other, stuff that was funny in context but just sounds stupid if anyone else hears it.

"Get out of here you dumb, stupid animal. Can't you see I don't want you anymore?!" - whenever one of us signs off for bedtime. it's always very dramatic. I'm pretty sure it comes from Spongebob LMAO

Me and my husband do this ALL the time. Just repeat stuff at each other, stuff that was funny in context but just sounds stupid if anyone else hears it.

"Get out of here you dumb, stupid animal. Can't you see I don't want you anymore?!" - whenever one of us signs off for bedtime. it's always very dramatic. I'm pretty sure it comes from Spongebob LMAO
Ah, yes, the ways of love

• Love
Reactions: PavellumPendulum
"If an accident does happen, I hope he kills me, because I don't think I would be a very inspiring disabled person." -Cam from modern family, idk why this quote is burned in my head

• Haha
Reactions: FenFren
All the time. At least half of the quotes are obscure out-of-context Futurama quotes. xD I love to say "Time makes fools of us all," when things go rotten in the fridge or I simply forget something. Or I'll go "GIVE IT TO 'EM, ANDREW!" during a co-op video game. People usually don't know where the quotes are coming from, but the husband fortunately is around often enough to appreciate them/play off them.

"Still drinking the blood of children, I see." From Burn Notice. XD I don't know how it's topical often enough that I can quote that, but it is.

Also "Too skinny. Not good for bearing sons." From Mulan.

"Whole yo life." Whispered in a Korean accent. Is from my Korean church family growing up. 🤣😂 it's like a threatening "you're gonna end up working at McDonald's for the rest of your life" thing that apparently the first gen Korean parents would say to their kids and their kids now jokingly say to their own kids.

So many quotes. Likely the most esoteric is "Alright Edgar, drop a train on em'!" from a Strong Bad email, a phrase he proclaims as he boots up Edgar's Baby's Daddy, his Homestar Junkmail Filter for the sake of ridding himself of a message sent to him by Homestar Runner.

Plenty from TeamFourStar like Gohan's flat "That sounds like a very dangerous idea that could very easily backfire."

or Red Versus Blue, like when Sarge says "We're Red Team. We don't walk, anywhere."

And @PavellumPendulum, what you're describing is a common type of scene where an animal or creature-like character is driven away usually for it's own protection. But specifically you are thinking of when Spongebob parodied this exact thing.

• Haha
Reactions: PavellumPendulum
I find myself quoting Courage the Cowardly Dog characters more often. Not sure why lol

"Stupid dog! Ya made me look bad!" And "That's it! I'm gettin' me mallet!" From Eustace are always fun, especially when joking around with little brother.

But my all time quote is from Di Lung. I use it all day every day. "Watch were ya going ya foo'!". Someone made an entire compilation of this guy on YouTube and I can't believe how much I love him.

Quoting Vines slaps my potatoes, yes in 2022

“an avocado?! THAAAAANKS!”
“Hurricane Katrina? More like HURRICANE TORTILLA”
“I ain’t never gon stop loving you, bitchhh”

Also if someone heard how my husband and I speak to each other out of context they’d probably think we hate one another. We call each other dumb whores, say the other smells bad, etc but lovingly