Quirks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to make sure cabinets and drawers make a sound when they close otherwise I get paranoid I am going deaf.

I like to crush pop cans in between my hands until they're one third the size. Makes me feel strong. ^_^'

I talk to myself.

Reactions: Brovo and Greenie
I don't just talk to myself, I full on roleplay with myself. Like, I will be picturing two of my characters in a scene, then I'll start saying what one of my characters is saying in the scene, out loud. Then, if I'm really zoned out, I start moving like the character as well.

I rock back and forth when I listen to music, it's stemmed from the same problem as talking to myself. I'll be picturing my characters in a scene that goes with the music, then I start rocking back and fourth pretty violently. Thankfully, this only happens when I'm sat cross legged, so I don't have to worry about doing this when I'm sat on a bus, or in a car.

I also say 'ow' when I drop things.

I hiss or growl at people when the bug me... I don't know how that started happening.

If I like you, you are named 'pickle' or 'potato'. If I disliked you? You are 'tomato'.

I violently maul the skin around my nails. I've tried stopping, believe me I have.

EDIT: I almost forget, I can zone out completely for hours on end and just stare at walls as I daydream about my characters, or as I visit the imaginary world in my head. This only happens at home when I'm bored.

I rock back and forth when I listen to music,
Hah, that reminds me, I tend to pace back and forth when I listen to music, and I guess I sort of... half-dance to it? It's mostly just me rhythmically pacing back and forth. XD Though obviously this only happens if I'm in the mood to really listen to music without distractions, as opposed to multitasking and having music on in the background to break up the monotony.

I violently maul the skin around my nails. I've tried stopping, believe me I have.
I'm glad it's not just me. @_@

Then, if I'm really zoned out, I start moving like the character as well.
I do this in a way, except with facial expressions. Which is probably why my boyfriend asks if I am ok a lot. Makes it so I don't dare type up a role play post while in a public setting.

I'm glad it's not just me. @_@

You are not alone Kaga xD

I do this in a way, except with facial expressions. Which is probably why my boyfriend asks if I am ok a lot. Makes it so I don't dare type up a role play post while in a public setting.

I do that sometimes as well... Thank god I'm never in public. I have no life.

One more. A friend reminded me that I slip into an Irish accent when I'm stressed. My grandma was half Irish and half Norwegian. She babysat me until I was five. I guess my brain picked up some of her pronunciations and stored them for later. x'D Its a bit embarrassing since my friends seem to notice I'm doing it before I do.

• Love
Reactions: Greenie
One more. A friend reminded me that I slip into an Irish accent when I'm stressed. My grandma was half Irish and half Norwegian. She babysat me until I was five. I guess my brain picked up some of her pronunciations and stored them for later. x'D Its a bit embarrassing since my friends seem to notice I'm doing it before I do.
^ Henry (my old roommate) did something similar to this, except it was with a Scottish accent. Weird thing is, we have no idea where she got it from. >.> She said she wasn't raised by anyone with a Scottish accent and she can't think of anyone that she could've picked it up from, so... yeah. o_o And she was completely unaware she was doing it until I pointed it out, too.

Reactions: Shiri
Status
Not open for further replies.