Quirks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I crack one of my thumbs. I damaged it when I was younger, so now it makes this loud noise pretty easily, which the other thumb doesn't.
That reminds me of my right knee. I have to get it checked but I think the cartilage is corroding (genetic I think ). But anyway, whenever I climb stairs, it makes this loud clicking noise with every step. O_o

Oh, I forgot these, I just repeat a syllable of a person's name like Kaga, but it's with any part of their name. So instead of 'Gwazizi' it could 'Gwagwazi' or 'Gwawazi'. :P

I also like hooking arms with the person I walk with and am comfortable with.

and of course who can forget the asian 'AIYAH'

> drops phone 'AIYAH'
> sees someone drop something 'AIYAH'
> accidentally tips water SHII-AIYAH'
> sees something gross 'TCH TCH AIYAAAAAAH'

Reactions: Razilin
and of course who can forget the asian 'AIYAH'
I went through an 'aiyah!" phase. I still like to yell out "Nani?!?" a lot. ^_^' As well as "Ehhh?!"

I also noticed that I tend to say "Yay" "Hooray!" "Woohoo!" a lot while lifting my hands in a cheer. It amuses most people.

Reactions: Mu
I went through an 'aiyah!" phase. I still like to yell out "Nani?!?" a lot. ^_^' As well as "Ehhh?!"

I also noticed that I tend to say "Yay" "Hooray!" "Woohoo!" a lot while lifting my hands in a cheer. It amuses most people.
omg same. 'nani' and 'Nani desu Ka?' my favourites to yell xD

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Greenie
omg same. 'nani' and 'Nani desu Ka?' my favourites to yell xD
The funny thing is that in my mother tongue, 'Nani' actually is the word for maternal grandmother. So you can imagine what people may think. XD (Especially knowing the fact that my grandma passed way back when my mom was only a teen!)

I name, everything.

My bike is Greasy (short for Greased Lightning)

My air conditioner is Steve McFreeze

My consoles all have names, too. So do some furniture items and all 9 of my earrings.

Here's a quirk I bet loads of you are familiar with.

I baby talk with my cat. As soon as I come home and start up the stairs, I start. "Hey my wittle baby how you doin'" *Insert heart eyes here.* I then pick him up and cuddle and continue speaking gibberish.

What are some weird and quirky things you do?
I read my posts aloud while writing them, and sometimes, when making breakfast/lunch/dinner alone, I'll get into a character's mind and ask myself what they would think of issues in their world, and in the real world. Learn em' that way. Grow em' that way.

Eat delicious soup that way.

• Love
I read my posts aloud while writing them, and sometimes, when making breakfast/lunch/dinner alone, I'll get into a character's mind and ask myself what they would think of issues in their world, and in the real world. Learn em' that way. Grow em' that way.

Eat delicious soup that way.
I actually do the same thing. It's a really easy way to spot grammar mistakes and typos!

Edit: so I totally forgot the word 'do' in that sentence. Hilarious.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brovo
Reactions: Melon
I put Potato Chips on my sandwiches. Except for my PB&J.
I nickname everything with 'Mc'-something. Cat's name Nibbles? It just became McNibbles. Child's name William? Just became McWillard. Oh wait, you're my mom? Well, you just became McMom.

I put Potato Chips on my sandwiches. Except for my PB&J.
I nickname everything with 'Mc'-something. Cat's name Nibbles? It just became McNibbles. Child's name William? Just became McWillard. Oh wait, you're my mom? Well, you just became McMom.
This is awesome xD McAwesome.

Uff da

When I wave I give the peace sign.

• Love
When I eat cereal, I eat like a starving person. I keep shoveling it in, spoon after spoon until my bowl is completely empty. The reason for this is because I really, really dislike soggy cereal, and my favourite, Corn Flakes, gets soggy super fast.

I say "I'm truly sorry for your lots" on reflex when someone says something (very minor, like in a video game) bad happened. It started out being funny but now it's just kind of annoying. There's also the problem that I'm pretty sure most people don't even know where that comes from, so they just think I'm being crazy.

I still sleep with stuffed animals. I'll be 25 in October.

I can spot a mushroom a mile away. I also stop and look at every mushroom I see while walking.

• Love
I don't like the way I look in a picture. I'm convinced cameras hate me. So on the super rare occasions that I take a selfie, I always crop it down to half face only and then send it whoever I was sending it to.

I park my car a considerable distance from my entrance to the building at work.

When I feel like I'm getting close to someone... I start resisting the urge to be closer and start straying.

When driving, I stay off the bigger roads and higher speed limits and go to the smaller roads... and push the turbo limits.

Other than those things, I'm just like the next guy.

Let's see I use em instead of them sometimes, even when em or them makes no sense for the situation at hand. It's for some reason more easy to just say em.

I also call everyone kiddo or kid even if they are older than me or a few years younger. I don't know why it's just how I roll.

Status
Not open for further replies.