Quiet's RP Ideas

Quiet One

My God! It's full of Stars.
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Genres
Scifi, some fantasy, Mature. Anything that gets my gears going. Not opposed to Yaoi or Yuri.
Hey all. I've got a lot of ideas I really want to try, but I'm going to try and keep it brief. Some of these ideas are more thought out than others, so may require help building some of these into effective RPs. Okay, here's my ideas:

1: Star-Crossed
This is based on a sci-fi world I had originally made with the intent of a series. In this world there are gravity weapons, aliens, bizarre worlds, and advanced tech. The year is 3180, Earth - thought to have been wiped out in an Orbital Dyson satellite mishap - has been discovered to still be inhabited and is in the process of being Terraformed to a livable world again. The Arcrayan Empire has dissolved and the Underworld of Nomerc is without its leaders. You find yourselves in a galaxy with two deadly power vacuums slowly fizzling out. The Saizi have been forcefully disbanded, meaning that the greatest assassins in the known universe are free to kill whoever they want. In this galaxy there are hundreds of ways to earn a living, but only one way to do it and see all the wonder the universe has to offer: cargo ships. All a captain has to do is buy and register his ship, hire a crew to live on that ship, and charter shipments from one end of the galaxy to another. You can keep your enterprise legal, but the biggest profits come from seeing how far outside the law you can survive. I'd like to be part of this one instead of just GM. Perhaps playing a cocky captain who's in need of a new crew, and you all happen to fit the qualifications: alive, and trusting.

2: After the Last Age
I tried this on Iwaku a while ago, but I think I made a mistake that made it go a bit too slow. Like Star-Crossed, this is also in the future, but not space. Instead, you're on earth over 5,000 years in the future. Technology has advanced to a point beyond human control and is now indistinguishable from magic. Ruins of the great cities of man litter the earth. The trees are thousands of feet tall, reinforced by nanotech to naturally grow steel in with their wood. Wildlife is varied, large, and equipped with natural weapons and unnatural genes. Humanity is back at square one, but with relics of their ancestors to give them a leg-up.

In the first version I had everyone play humans frozen into the future, but in this one I'm letting you play these future humans, as well as the various other races that are the byproduct of genetic engineering gone awry: wildlings and avian humans, as well as the Olympians - descendants of engineered superhumans. Cyborgs are also available, as well as the ability to change your race for a nominal fee at the right vendor.

3: The Hushcobb Files
This is a modern setting, but even more out there than the others. Hushcobb is a secret facility in an undisclosed location (Kansas) disguised as a small town not appearing on any map. This facility is home to an organization that investigates, studies, and hunts supernatural phenomenon. Just about everything is up for grabs; ghosts, demons, possession, supernatural powers, Fae, werewolves, Lovecraftian horrors, fringe science, bizarre supernatural weapons (including three Arks of the Covenant in their possession), 4th dimensional entities, temporal anomalies, and more. At the moment, there's two possible ways this could go: new recruits, in which case you're an agent from a preexisting organization (CIA, FBI, MI6, KGB, etc.) or you could be part of the Fire/Fire Initiative, where you're selected because you have a specific supernatural ability. Every ability must come with some kind of serious detriment - mental or physical - so all would be open for discussion.

4: Spoopy Survival
The last idea is kind of different for an RP. You would play a group trying to escape a monster. Have three different monsters, all of them kind of invincible by conventional means. Which means you have to either A: find a way to trap/escape the monster or B: find some unconventional means of taking them out. This one would have a lot of character death, so would have to find a way around it. I suggest letting killed players make new characters and NPCs. You get to live out a horror movie, in honor of October being around the corner.

Please comment here if interested or have questions.

Last edited:
I tried this on Iwaku a while ago, but I think I made a mistake that made it go a bit too slow. Like Star-Crossed, this is also in the future, but not space. Instead, you're on earth over 5,000 years in the future. Technology has advanced to a point beyond human control and is now indistinguishable from magic. Ruins of the great cities of man litter the earth. The trees are thousands of feet tall, reinforced by nanotech to naturally grow steel in with their wood. Wildlife is varied, large, and equipped with natural weapons and unnatural genes. Humanity is back at square one, but with relics of their ancestors to give them a leg-up.

This sounds like it'd have a cool Stephen Baxter feel to it.

This is a modern setting, but even more out there than the others. Hushcobb is a secret facility in an undisclosed location (Kansas) disguised as a small town not appearing on any map. This facility is home to an organization that investigates, studies, and hunts supernatural phenomenon. Just about everything is up for grabs; ghosts, demons, possession, supernatural powers, Fae, werewolves, Lovecraftian horrors, fringe science, bizarre supernatural weapons (including three Arks of the Covenant in their possession), 4th dimensional entities, temporal anomalies, and more. At the moment, there's two possible ways this could go: new recruits, in which case you're an agent from a preexisting organization (CIA, FBI, MI6, KGB, etc.) or you could be part of the Fire/Fire Initiative, where you're selected because you have a specific supernatural ability. Every ability must come with some kind of serious detriment - mental or physical - so all would be open for discussion.

And this sounds a little bit MIB and a little bit SCP.

I'd be interested in either.

Reactions: Quiet One

This sounds like it'd have a cool Stephen Baxter feel to it.

And this sounds a little bit MIB and a little bit SCP.

I'd be interested in either.
Never heard of Stephen Baxter. Idea is mostly from watching stuff on Horizon: Zero Dawn. It remains the one game I'd buy a PS4 for.

And had this idea at least 10 years before I ever even heard of SCP, but yes that is the general idea. It was originally going to be a comic book series, but alas I suck at drawing. Have been watching quite a bit of info on them on YouTube and it's reignited the interest a little. Inspiration was mostly MIB and Hellboy. So if I get more interest, I can count you in?

Sure, ping me.

Still searching for other players.

Hm, im quite interested into the first two ideas. The second does give me a lot of that feel from Horizon: Zero Dawn as you stated and ive played that so honestly its quite the cool idea.

The star crossed one feels like a familiar rp ive been in before though at the sametime a little different, i take it the races and some of the names you have there are things you've already set with some lore to them?

Hm, im quite interested into the first two ideas. The second does give me a lot of that feel from Horizon: Zero Dawn as you stated and ive played that so honestly its quite the cool idea.

The star crossed one feels like a familiar rp ive been in before though at the sametime a little different, i take it the races and some of the names you have there are things you've already set with some lore to them?
Yes I have. Some of them I don't remember that much, but I know they're written down somewhere. I was going to bring everyone who expressed interest to Discord, but the only other person to express interest - @Ariel - says she doesn't go on there and I've gotten no other interest, so I think I'll drop the Discord part. Would like more than two players.

Thanks for the interest!

Hey~hey~^^!!

Interested in 2 and 3! But kk rundown time:

What is required:
~writing level?
~post frequency?
~face claim art style?
~max. number of RPers?

~Can we play multi charries?
~Is Discord required?

~Is there dice/stats use?

Thanks ya!!

Hey~hey~^^!!

What is required:
~writing level?
~post frequency?
~face claim art style?
~max. number of RPers?

~Is Discord required?

Thanks ya!!
Hey, Boom!

1 Writing level is adept. I'm a bit of a grammar Nazi.
2 Frequency...I'm gonna say at least once a week.
3 Face claim art style...don't know what this is
4 We might be at max for Last Age, which seems to overlap everyone's preferences.
5 Can play doubles if you want. Depends on the characters
6 it was going to be, but Discord doesn't seem as popular here, so it's looking like no.
7 I don't think there will be dice. Stats...unsure. That could be added for Last Age.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Boo Girlie BoomBoom
Hey~hey~^^!!

What is required:
~writing level?
~post frequency?
~face claim art style?
~max. number of RPers?

~Is Discord required?

Thanks ya!!
Hey, Boom!

1 Writing level is adept. I'm a bit of a grammar Nazi.
2 Frequency...I'm gonna say at least once a week.
3 Face claim art style...don't know what this is
4 We might be at max for Last Age, which seems to overlap everyone's preferences.
5 Can play doubles if you want. Depends on the characters
6 it was going to be, but Discord doesn't seem as popular here, so it's looking like no.
7 I don't think there will be dice. Stats...unsure. That could be added for Last Age.

Face claim art style is the kind of pic RPers use to represent their charrie: Anime, realistic, real person, digital, that kinda thing.

Thanks for answering but Imma drop interest. Boo don't do well with grammar Nazis :\