Quiet Country People

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's safe to say that the Kingsley siblings are just just a lil' teensy bit fucked up in the head somehow. Oddly enough, Eliza seems like the most mentally stable one of the group... >_____>

Wish I'd realized this was the OOC in the beginning, though, so I could have adjusted for the twins a bit! But it doesn't seem like too much is out of place, so I don't feel the need to change anything on Maria's profile. Mehhhhhhhhh. I can't wait for this to start, though~

Name: Henry Weston
Age: 21 almost 22 (depending on the month you start in :) )
Birthday: November 28
Physical Description: Standing on the tall side of average with an athletic build, Henry is generally considered handsome (depending on personal taste). His hair and eyes are both brown. He is usually seen dressed in drab neutral colors, or on Sundays a black suit.

Personality: Henry is a kind hearted, friendly man, though he can be honest to the point of being blunt when the subject approaches something he sees as black and white. He is even willing to hurt feelings for the sake of the truth. He can be very enthusiastic about explaining his beliefs and opinions regardless of the interest of his audience. Generally speaking he is a philosophical man with a tendency to think in terms of the big picture. But this also means he on occasion bites off more than he can chew, spreads himself thin, or otherwise takes on too many responsibilities. He always pulls through though; believing that once given his word should always be kept. Henry can be generous, reacting to help someone on instinct and not always considering the cost to himself. Henry sees life as an adventure even in the small things and throughout his life people have termed him as lucky. Compared to most bachelors he's also a bit of a neat freak.

Motivation(s): To live his life in a way that brings honor to his lord. To do the best he can in all things with the little he has. To be content with his lot.
Goal in Life: To be respected and looked up to for his character, not his family.

Greatest Fear: That he will always be seen as nothing more than the son standing in his brother's shadow.
Useless Skill: Whittling.

Favorite Things: A good walk; a good book; seeing people smile; the sound of rain and the fresh smell afterwards; teaching people who like to learn; a good, well grounded debate.

Least Favorite Things: Horror stories, arrogant people, gossip, hunting, celery root.

History: While Henry tends to not speak of his relations much (or at all), It is generally believed by his parishioners that he is the younger son of a family of some note in another county. That the second son, not being in the way of much inheritance, and Henry disliking the practice of law and feeling unsuited for a career in the military, chose the clergy. According to the parishioners there was no objection from his family. A Parson will always be accepted into good society wherever he goes, and so regardless of how meager a living, there is many a busybody housewife who maintain hope of a good match for him.

What is known is that Henry attended and received a university degree from a well-respected school, and was offered the parish living upon graduation, having a "strong connection" in the vicinity. Though the previous Parson had declared the Tangle to be "demon infested," when he left the position abruptly vacant, Henry has so far displayed no fear of the place stating only "If it is the Lord's will then I will be protected." He has so far been serving as Parson a year and some odd months.

While his living is modestly comfortable, in the profession of a clergyman there is little to no security for old age. Living in the parsonage means he does not even own his own home. Thus Henry takes on tutoring jobs in addition to his responsibilities to his parish, in hope of being able to save up a little nest egg so that his family would have something to live on should he reach an age of retirement (be too old to do the job) or in the event of his death. This does of course assume that at some point in his future he will marry and have a family. Henry is currently single.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Midian
Name: Callahan Roy Peerce

Birthday: 5/23/18??

Physical Description: He is build for what he does-- physical labor and everything unjustified. He has very thoughtful eyes, but won't hesitate to change his thoughtful look into one of mischief and possible wrong-doing. He has piercing blue eyes, and long brown hair, that is reduced to dreads from the lack of care. It's ironic, really, the towns people mostly see him along near The Tangle, and his hair is reduced to that. He stands a tall 6'8", and weighs in at 220 pounds, nearly all muscle. He has dirty clothes, dirty hair, and a rugged face that always has a cruel grin, like he knows something you don't-- and he usually does.

Personality: Cold and cruel, this man isn't one you'd like to mess with. He has a place in his heart for the unloving and is quite possibly mad. He holds grudges and takes things very personal, but if you dare mess with anyone he may know, all hell could break loose.

Motivation(s): For the hell of it.

Goal in Life: To be bigger than Jesse James

Greatest Fear: Being caught.

Useless Skill: Very good at tying, untying, and retying ropes/knots/laces/what-have-you. While Callahan is considered a ruffian and a scoundrel, he is very punctual and prompt for any ball he might crash. He also has overly-beautiful handwritting, and speaks like a scholar.

Favorite Things: Rain, dirt, physical labor like chopping wood or mowing the lawn, running, the thrill of the kill.

Least Favorite Things: Suspicious, from anyone. He absolutely hates a nark.

History: Born an orphan off of the streets of England, he was apart of the School of Hard Knocks, and the school colors were Black and Blue. He had office hours with the Dean of Bloody Noses. Being an orphan, he never got more than a religious education. Though, not much of a Bible Thumper, he carries a cross that he had when he was born.

A young couple took him in when he was a child, only about ten in age. The family was the Hart family, and he did love them like no other. He lived with them, but only until they moved. The place near The Tangle gave him the creeps, so as soon as they got suited, he left. He kept in touch with his family, apologizing for him leaving, but he knew that a jail bird had to fly somewhere.

He spent his life lying, stealing, and killing for sport. He has wealth beyond compare, beautiful women on him almost wherever he goes, but he also has a terrible Gambling problem. As he collects, he gambles, wins, and loses all in the same game. The place is set up like this: A man walks into the pub, sets up a round of cards, throws a tantrum when he loses, starts a bar fight, and steals from the bar tender.

Rumors have been spreading that Dr. Agstrom and Mr. Peerce are closely looped in some sort of way, but no real insight from the two. They both are silent about it, thought if you ask Callahan, he would smile a crooked grin, and twiddle his thumbs. He knows something, but what?

So far, the only person that Callahan knows closely is The Widow Hart. She is crazy, but at one point, she took in Callahan when he was nothing but a ruffian. He owes her terribly, and he really does love her. And because people do stupid things for people they love, he lives with per partly, in her years of insanity.

It makes him feel terrible, really. He hates seeing her like that. He almost wants to put her out of her misery....

Though, seldom, he is seen exiting the Agstrom house, thought for the reason is unknown. Some think they're in cahoots. Some believe that Dr. Agstrom hands off harvested organs to Callahan, to sell on the black market. Some simply think they're very queer star-crossed lovers. Some people, the smart ones, think they're hiding something.

He is now currently living with Mrs. Hart. Though, as strange as a pair they may seem, he has no plans of leaving quite yet. But, in the night, some see him venture off from her house, possibly sneaking off somewhere in the night.

• Love
Okay! I'm loving all of the character profiles I'm getting!

As you guys can see, I'm getting up a general information page complete with estates and world information. So unless you object, I'm going to be putting up the profile pictures in their respective places.

@Dip - Whenever you get a minute, I need you to get me a picture of Dr. Angstrom and the Wywolfe Estate.

@Kat Noelle- Did you still want to play Mrs. Kingsley? If so, I need you to get me a picture of her.

@Falcon- Will you send me an image of Brighton Parsonage? I imagine it'll be smallish, maybe needing some work, but ultimately homey. Whatever you find is fine, however; I'm not going to be too picky.

To my people playing Stonewalls: I'm going to post a picture of the house just for the sake of simplicity.

Reactions: Boss Megu
@Midian I decided against it. I just wanted to play someone authoritative, so a mother seemed the natural choice. I think I did well adapting with the character of Esther, though.

@Midian Image here, and estate here. (or here? I can't decide which one I like the most! Pick at random, if you want. Or! Use the other picture for Hart's Estate. )

Last edited:
  • Love
Thanks @Dip! How old do you want Dr. Angstrom to be, and what do you want his first name to be? I'm thinking something Germanish, if you're okay with that :)

In the CS, I put 'Archibald Angstrom The Second', so, maybe he could be Doctor Archibald Angstrom The First? And as for age, probably mid to late 30's. But, if you happened upon a mor eoriginal name, I could switch out The Second/The First/Whatever.

Our general information page is now up, folks! Take a look, let me know if I got anything wrong, and check back for new updates!

This is turning out fantastic. ...though I noticed I'm not getting any alerts for this, which is weird.

@SilverKiramoto We can be both motherly! :D

edit: I like that the Kingsley siblings look like each other without trying. Allen and Eliza, Maria and Leanne. Though it's funny that one fears marriage while the other wishes to get married. :) So much fun.

That happens to me sometimes too, Temper, when maybe there are several alerts at once for a thread. It usually fixes itself :)

I've also noticed it happens if I ignore an alert too long the next time I don't get one.

• Thank You
Still very strange. :P

Extremely excited! I'm vibrating in my seat! :DDDDD

@Temper Tantrum

lol yea, I thought that was pretty funny, myself. Funny coincidences are funny. I wanted to try and balance Maria between a normal girl of her time and bordering on mentally unstable. XD

I'm so excited for this to start, though!!

• Thank You
I think it's safe to say that the Kingsley siblings are just just a lil' teensy bit fucked up in the head somehow. Oddly enough, Eliza seems like the most mentally stable one of the group... >_____>

Wish I'd realized this was the OOC in the beginning, though, so I could have adjusted for the twins a bit! But it doesn't seem like too much is out of place, so I don't feel the need to change anything on Maria's profile. Mehhhhhhhhh. I can't wait for this to start, though~

How about the three of us write in our characters in each other's profiles? The twins are kind of doting on their younger siblings. If they had older siblings, they might be detached to those.
I'll start by having Allen note that something is off with Maria and will be just as protective of her and so on and so forth, how's that?

I think their parents have some problems with child rearing...but then again they did their best under the circumstances.

So. Allen and Leanne as makeshift parents to Eliza and Maria. That cool?

Yes, the twins are a bit on the weird side, to say the least. The irony of Eliza's psychological health being on the normallish scale compared to her physically healthy siblings is kind of fascinating.

@Lorchenne

I think that'd be pretty cool, definitely! :D Having Allen and Leanne as parental figures for these two will certainly be a treat.

(And I find the mental verses physical health aspects in this family just wonderful, it makes me giddy with excitement to see how it'll all play out.)

Reactions: Banana-senpai
Status
Not open for further replies.