Quests

Irrik waved a paw dismissively, side to side, and pointed impatiently at his words. The snow would melt pretty soon, and if he didn't hear whoever it was this couldn't possibly be so much of a problem that the....whatever Hyran was would be rendered unable to read. Of course, he'd known there was a risk of the gnoll not getting the information this way, but maybe the newcomer would remedy that.

While he was still busy pointing at it, he gave the patch of snow a bit more magic, to keep it cold a bit longer.

Hyran didn't need to read the snow again.

"He was cursed be the gods. And to redeem himself must help one of us. The gods didn't specify which one."

He was still looking at the newcomer, perhaps another one the wolf could be meant to help, or perhaps something else. These woods hid many creatures, and more than usual where chosing to show themselves

[size=-2]
Sphene, eyes wide as the chill reestablished itself, felt the urge to draw away from the group, the cold seemed to be emanating from there. With a sheer force of will, she urged her flimsy body forward towards them.

The weather might not be cold to the others, but she was thin-skinned and, above that, a butterfly spirit with exposed blood vessels and the like. With a grimace,she was now a mere five feet away and peered at them warily, waiting for a sign she could come closer.
[/size]​

The soft-eared gnoll examines the butterfly woman before him, raising an eyebrow and considering her features for a moment. Not bad, he thought, but a bit too... human, for him. He looks back down at the wolf. "Oi, ye be havin' a curse o' tha gods, aincha...? Well, I don' know much 'bout oo 'elpin' me, but I do know I 'kin offer some help ta ye. I owe yer race a bit o' a favor, anyway."

Finally, he turns to look at Sphene. "Pleasure ta be makin' her acquaintance, m'lady. Iffin' ye be lookin' fer tha path, ye be a bit off."

[size=-2]
Sphene smiled slowly, a vaguely saccharine look for her pointed and smooth looking face. Like the set gaze of a doll, her porcelain features seemed more perfect not changing expression.

"Why thank you," she said slowly, softly. Her head tilted to the side. "Where might you all be headed? You could accompany me, perhaps, since you seem to know the area better than I do?" Sphene examined the group and quickly made sure a frown did not mar her face. There didn't seem to be any prospects in this lot, all very ... crude in appearance.
[/size]​

Deciding that he may as well make himself known to the newcomer, Irrik began searching for an original topic to ask her about. He noticed that she had some kind of butterfly wings, and certainly didn't smell like any normal human he'd seen. It seemed likely that she was some sort of spirit-given-form, as they called them, and the wings...hmm.

Butterflies didn't much like the cold, did they? She seemed almost dormant, conserving energy or else unable to move much--it was hard to tell which. Irrik decided to use this information. He barked once, sharply, attempting to get enough attention that he could ask his own question. Then he pointed with one paw straight at the girl, and after that made an exaggerated shudder, sustained for a couple of seconds. He'd never actually shivered, his body favoring cold, so it was as close as he could get to how other folk seemed to do it. Finally, he drew out the top part of a question mark in the air with the same paw he'd pointed with a moment ago.

[size=-2]
Sphene tilted her head at the wolf, watching him carefully. She needed little interpretation, animals, even strange half-creatures like this she had never seen, were kin to her in a way.

Sphene nodded slowly. She was terribly cold, her skin seeming to grow lifeless and numb to her own senses. Blue tinged lips and pale skin gave an almost startling essence to her appearance. Spreading her deep red wings, which balked at the icy air and nearly refused, she displayed her large wingspan before shivering, having exposed delicate blood vessels to the air with scarcely any protection.

Licking her lips to speak to the wolf, Sphene said softly, "I am what the humans call a butterfly. I realize I have not introduced myself, I am Sphene, named for a gemstone."
[/size]

Irrik nodded. She seemed quite cold, surely even coming as close to him as this was bothering her. He decided he would reciprocate knowing the lady's name by warning her.

He pointed at her, made a slight pushing gesture, and then tapped a side of his muzzle (an easy spot to reach with the paw). In an effort to make himself more clear, he did the same indication again, but with a pulling gesture and a strong shake of his head from side to side afterward. Finally, he indicated himself and blew out a small bit of air, along with a false shiver.

[size=-2]
With a weak chuckle, Sphene grinned at the wolf, her lips still tinted blue.

"I'm very cold, and I fear though I wish your company, I may be direly in need of parting ways. I cannot survive long with this numbness in my limbs."

Sphene brushed tendrils of black hair from her face and looked up at the sky. Was nature forsaking her, or merely demonstrating that she was but a facet of its being?
[/size]

Some where near by Irrik and Sphene, Seth was setting up to camp. Trying to bare the cold Seth saw an Ice Dragon. Within haste he grabs his Jupiter sword and Thors shield.

*Ah that woman is in trouble I have to save her from the Ice Dragon*

A sudden burst of adrenalin runs through Seth's body.

"Madam run this is an Ice Dragon you know that right! Run Madam you must or you will die."

Seth not knowing that it was Irrik the Ice Dragon draws his Jupiter sword and grasps his Thors shield.

"Ice Dragon don't you do anything to hurt this young girl and I wont try to harm you."

As Seth still a little slow in the mind has forgotten about back in the village when he asked the Inn keeper.

*Back at the Inn*

Seth "Excuse me miss but I was wondering if you had any rumors or herd of any."

Inn keeper "Well sir I herd a lot of rumors, ask me what you would like to know"

"Well I was wondering if you knew about anything called the Light Bringer."

"Light Bringer eh… Well I can't really say but you could try going through there but I warn you to dress warm because it is really cold."

"Thank you oh and could I get a room by any chance at all."

"100G… Thank you, oh and also if you're going that way I seen that an Ice Dragon is up in there his name is Irrik. I would be careful if I were you and make sure not to fight him, looking at you well let me just say good luck seeing the light of day again."

"Well miss it doesn't look that way but I am a rather well trained in the arts of the sword and I'm the youngest paladin out there."

"Don't get cocky kid you may have luck but it does run out at one point. You will have to be crafty."

*present day in bad situation*

* "Hmm well he seems a lot tougher than I am" *

Seth puts the sword away the sword and mounts his shield on his back again.

"Excuse me sorry for that but your name is it not Irrik the Ice Dragon"