Quests

Discussion in 'ROLEPLAY GRAVEYARD' started by Xindaris, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Quests
    (World B)​

Now Open!

Well now, what have we here? A band of adventurers? And what world may this be? Hmm, well, I don't know. Let's just start with the quests, and see where it goes from there...

—This RP will be creating a world as it goes, based on the characters and the descriptions of places they go and people they meet. If a race, even humans, is not mentioned, it doesn't exist; if a form of magic isn't mentioned it doesn't exist; etc. The plot will hopefully develop itself as we go.

Note that this RP is designed such that every character must have a quest. This “quest” is a goal which the character is traveling the world and possibly working with or against other characters in order to achieve. It should be something specific, not “a better world”, and somewhat realistic, not “destroy the world in ten seconds”. It can be more than one thing—a list of things, that is—if you so desire. It should make sense with who your character is; it should be something they really want. They can be a thief looking to get rich, build up some money and live a secure life, or a cleric trying to fulfill a bunch of requirements (certain virtues or whatever) in order to ascend to a higher rank and come closer to their god. It can be something more personal, like avenging a dead brother, or less serious, like telling a certain joke to as many people as possible before dying. Try to be creative, and have fun with it.

A post or two will be reserved for information on the world, but at the beginning there is nothing to record.

Excess Note: This concept has been used previously, on a site very nearby this one, but this version will involve different players and characters, and thus result in a different world and story entirely. That's why it's subtitled "World B".

2. All About the World of _______*​
    *--Name to be determined

Mythos:
    Luna-Goddess of the moon; patron goddess of werewolves.
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Perceived/Usual Appearance: A beautiful woman with tanned skin, gray eyes, a wolf's tail, and long, gleaming silver hair.
    Other information unknown at present.

Yeenogh-Demon responsible for the death of the patron god of gnolls; he is worshiped by the now-corrupted race.
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil
    Percieved/Usual Appearance: This.
    More information can be found here, under the "-----".

Races:
    Dragons: Creatures of immense magical and physical power. Most are associated with a given element and have a breath which reflects this, as well as magic of that element and two or three that are involved with it. They are capable of shapeshifting to creature and humanoid forms, but this takes time and great effort, the amount of each depending on how much a change of size there is--a humanoid form from draconic could take a full twenty-four hours, for instance. They grow up much slower than humans, and are considered young adults at two centuries.

Napaeae: Spirit-folk attuned to nature, formed by great magical power (often that of gods, though sometimes incidental) from creatures.

Lost Ones/Graakar: Beings summoned forth by a great mage long ago in a war, who wander the land in search of a way to revive their master. They are generally considered bad luck, perhaps because their drawing of the earth's power tends to drain it of nutrients, destroying nearby plants. It may also have something to do with their somewhat monstrous appearance.

Gnolls: A race of hyena-folk who have been corrupted by a great demon who killed their original patron god. As a result they are pillagers and destroyers of nearly all civilization, and quite accurately seen as such.

Humans: (Implied race) Just normal, everyday humans, similar to those of nearly every other universe.

Werewolves: (Implied race) Subrace of humans, capable of becoming a humanoid-wolf form, especially under the full moon. Seen as a menace by some humans, partially because not all are in full control of themselves while in this form. Primary worshipers of Luna, the goddess of the moon.

Verbal Map:
    (A description of the world's geography will go here)

3. The Story So Far

(A summary of the plot up until this point will go here.)

4. Character Sheet & Listing
    Note that this sheet is more in-depth than most you might see, because this story is very character-oriented. Please make an effort to describe everything to your fullest ability.
    Read, obey, then delete everything in parentheses.

[noparse]Name: (Your character's name)
    Race: (Name your character's race (including crossbreeding, special conditions, etc.) and describe it in general terms. I encourage you to come up with new ideas, be original, use a new take on things if you like.)
    Gender: (If you can't figure this one out, I am afraid there is no help for you.)
    Age: (Different races have different lifespans; give the approximate earth-human equivalent if they age much faster/slower)
    Class: (A basic name for your character's profession, e.g. Thief, Fighter, Ice Mage; you will discuss it in more detail later.)

Strong Points: (The character's attributes which make them better, be it in battle, making money, or just being neat)
    Weak Points: (The character's attributes which make them worse, be it in battle, making money, or just being neat)
    Abilities/Traits: (Anything about your character that is neither useful nor harmful, such as the ability to juggle.)

DND-Style Alignment: (You can remove this if you want. Pick one of each group of three to describe your character's morals: Lawful/Neutral/Chaotic Good/Neutral Evil)
    Personality: (If you feel this has been sufficiently covered above, remove it; otherwise, tell how your character acts around others.)

Your Quest: (What your character is trying to do. Discussed in detail in the first post)
    History: (Your character's past. Should include the reason for their quest.)

Appearance: (Post a link to a picture, or a else good description of your character. Or you can mix and match the two, if you like.)[/noparse]

Listing:

Irrik-An ice dragon cursed to a wolf form for insulting Luna, the goddess of the moon and werewolves. He seeks to regain his sealed power, and must perform tasks given by prophets to do so. [Xindaris]

Sphene-A beautiful lady of spiritual origin, attuned with nature (especially fauna). She seeks someone to feel strongly about, the way that humans do with one another. [Kitti]

Hyran-A being summoned forth by a powerful but evil mage long ago. The mage deceased, he and the remnants of his kind seek a way to revive him so they may do his bidding once more. [Vay]

Heart-Fang-A gnoll and former pirate, heavy in emotion and resourceful in a fight. He aspires to revive the original patron god of the knolls, slain by the great demon Yeenoghu, and thus to heal his kind. [Boss Frost]

5. ???
    This is a post reserved for anything else which may come up, and not fit the above categories.

6. I have to say, I am exceptionally intrigued.
    I'm gonna have to wait though and see how everything else is going.

7. ok night ^^

8. ..The several people interested are busy..

9. Name: Sphene
    Race: Napaeae
    Show Spoiler
    Napaeae were feminine animalistic spirits of the valleys, in Greco-Roman period, personalized and assigned the guardianship of fertile green valleys by the great gods. Usually they were invoked locally at small shrines. A.G.H.

Class: Archer

Strong Points: Astounding aim with a bow, a kindred spirit to animals that calms them with her actions and words.
    Weak Points: Sphene cannot wield any other weapon, and is squeamish about hunting.
    Abilities/Traits: Sphene can gather butterflies to herself if she sits still in a grassy area.

DND-Style Alignment: True Neutral
    Personality: Gentle as a butterfly, Sphene loves things of beauty and cherishes all living creatures, though she'll act in defense of those she is protecting. A little bit vague and apathetic beneath her sweet demeanor, she has never been forced to feel strongly, never experiencing true passion.

Your Quest: Sphene is looking for someone to feel strongly about.

History:
    Sphene was born of air and spirit, will and drops of blood. She was once content to live in her valley with her animals and butterfly kin, though she can no longer fly or speak to the animals.
    Human bards would visit her beautiful, sun-kissed valley in hopes of seeing the beauty, singing to her songs of love and loss in return for a glimpse of her graceful dances, but after a while, without knowing that love, she began to feel empty.

Appearance:
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

10. Looks good, Kitti. Could you expound a bit more on what a Naphaeae is? (On the race section, probably)

11. And morning~

12. Alright is Hyran lies to Irrik saying that the dead master can restore his powers at some point?

13. Hyran seems an acceptable character (some spelling errors made his abilities confusing at first). I'm under the assumption that he is resistant, not immune to magic, meaning that stronger magic could still affect him.
    I have some questions about the earth-drawing power. First, can he control how much power he draws from the earth at a given time, as it seems directly related to his strength? And second, if power is drawn from the earth, does it affect it in some way, such as withering plants under/near his feet? (This would help account for superstitions of lost ones ruining crops...)
    I probably wouldn't consider Hyran "evil", since I consider that to mean "Actively seeking to harm others". He seems more like Irrik's kind of "Neutral"--interested in only his own agenda...but that's up to you.

That doesn't seem like too bad an idea, but it will have to be a little later into the story, at least when Irrik regains a humanoid form and can actually talk...

14. Hokay. I've decided to join since Piro has totally forgotten about both of his RPs and and Aeon is on hold. ^_^

I'm not doing this in a whole sitting though, because it's such a crazy long bio and I actually have to think a bit. hahaha

Name: (Your character's name)
    Race: (Name your character's race (including crossbreeding, special conditions, etc.) and describe it in general terms. I encourage you to come up with new ideas, be original, use a new take on things if you like.)
    Age: (Different races have different lifespans; give the approximate earth-human equivalent if they age much faster/slower)
    Class: Hired Assassin.

Strong Points: (The character's attributes which make them better, be it in battle, making money, or just being neat)
    Weak Points: (The character's attributes which make them worse, be it in battle, making money, or just being neat)
    Abilities/Traits: (Anything about your character that is neither useful nor harmful, such as the ability to juggle.)

DND-Style Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Personality: (If you feel this has been sufficiently covered above, remove it; otherwise, tell how your character acts around others.)

Your Quest:
    History: (Your character's past. Should include the reason for their quest.)

Appearance: (Post a link to a picture, or a else good description of your character. Or you can mix and match the two, if you like.)

15. I was thinking he has created from earth, hence he runs on "earth energies" so is happens without him thinking about it and the amount he draws is equal to how much he is using at the time. Hadn't thought of the ground itself being affected but that is a good idea, the earth he draws from could be 'drained' and therefore turn to unfertile loam less sand. and yes that would mean small plants would die and even it to drains a large area trees and field could be affected.

I put him as evil because his master is evil and he serves the master. I guess following others blindly is more neutral than evil. I'll also add in a second goal to become the master's champion.

And yes, resistant not immune, he is made from magic and therefore can disperse it into his body to a certain extent, but to much would effect him faster than he can disperse it.

<s>I'll also work on the spelling.</s> Edited to my local English spelling which disagrees with my browser's dictionary and its doing its auto-correct thing >_>

16. **pets Vay**
    Sphene is all right now, non, Xindypants?

17. Well...I'd really intended for you to say what the race is in the fictional world, rather than the real-world myths it's based on...

I clearly can't say much about pattypixie's character yet, as the alignment, gender, and class seems all we know at present...

Vay--that works. 'Sgood

18. ... erm... she is what the myths say, Xinders...
    She's a spirit made flesh with a tie to animals.. she hails from a glen. x_X

19. *is petted by kitti and has his character approved*

Wow, I'm glad I got out of bed today ^^

20. tl;dr ritsuko has the power

[​IMG]