Quests

Name: Count Jerral
Race: Human
Class: retired general

Strong Points: Immense Strength, Half a century battle experience
Weak Points: Age, prone to violent outbursts

DND-Style Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Personality: Quiet, but will give advice if asked. He is quick to lash out if someone mentions certain aspects of his past.

Your Quest: Revenge, Count Jerral wants to kill the man that killed his wife and took his belongings
History: A nobleman from the kingdom of Loran, he was raised to be a warrior and tactician. He spent the majority of his adult life in war, becoming a legend for his brutal tactics and his combat ability. After his final war and his retirement, his assets became coveted by another nobleman, Lord Harx. When they dueled neither proved to be the victor, so they came to a different agreement, the first to defeat the other outside of battle would be the victor.

Count Jerral used his knowledge to slowly press Lord Harx financially, but as Count Jerral was putting his plans in motion, Lord Harx struck. Count Jerral's wife was assassinated and Jerral admitted defeat. He left Loran and sought redemption elsewhere. He has since lived his life in a cathedral dedicated to Jedan and Sest, the gods of duels and wars respectively.

Appearance: Count Jerral is a huge man. He wears black plate mail with Emeralds placed in the forearms. He also wears a plate mask that goes up to his nose. Count Jerral's hair has turned gray and hangs down to just past the mask. He wears reading glasses and has brown eyes. He also wields a giant axe that is nearly as tall as he is.

Note on Jedan and Sest
Jedan is the god of duels, he has one artifact, a spear. He often appears as a middle class merchant.
Sest is the god of wars, He has six artifacts, six swords of varying types from across the world. He often appears as a foreign mercenary.

Hope this works for ya.

Alright, both characters are accepted. And you've picked a pretty fortunate time to join, since everyone's just outside the door of a town oracle, and someone who can see through time and space is useful to any quest.

Feel free to have your characters show up at the door...and maybe smash through it in impatience. That could be awesome.

In case the IC is somehow hard to find, tis here.

Also, to everyone: I've modified the setting section slightly to have just some descriptions of towns, forests, mountains and such as they're added. Once there's enough locations then I can do the verbal map, but I figured having descriptions of some individual locations would be helpful.
So heel free to post any information on your character's hometown (or other locations from their history) that you want.

Okay, finally! Now we can commence with the detective-style interview.

(Pardon the slight hijacking, but I needed somebody to ask a question boldly and my character wouldn't do. Let me know if it seems out of character)

And...here's the oracle's NPC sheet.

Name: Olaj Kioz
Race: Human
Class: Oracle/Prophet/Seer/etc.

Powers: "Blessed" by Fata with the ability to see the future, usually in irritatingly vague, often self-fulfilling flashes. He must use several magical items to exert control over his visions--both to make them go away so he can concentrate on just about anything else for terribly long, and to focus them so he can make them the least bit useful.
Needs: One of his most important magical prophecy-focusing items--a set of lenses that can help him to focus on the fate of a given person--has been stolen.
Relations: He has enjoyed a city-paid residence for the work of predicting (in a way that helps to prevent) numerous assassination attempts on the king and other important nobles. He used to know a great and powerful mage, who crafted many of his magical items, but claims she is now dead--whether she is just dead to him, or really dead, is debatable.

DND-Style Alignment: Neutral Cranky
Personality: He can come off as irritable, grumpy, a little rude, a little displeased, and even slightly bitter. But that's just because he is. Olaj has had a slightly hard life, and he's comfortable where he is now and doesn't like it to be upset. Unfortunately, there's always something wrong to him, so he's never really entirely content.

Appearance: Best described here.

It's not all that out of character. Cinder does take over speech-wise sometimes, as he did in one of my earlier posts. Anyway, I guess I'll see what I can come up with. Sorry if it's really brief again.

sorry for the short post, but not much I could do and give others the chance to do something.

I want to sincerely apologize for not posting in the past two or so weeks. Without going into too much detail: lots of irritating crap, I've dealt with.

Expect a post sometime within the next, er... 6 hours.

Sorry if I bothered you any, Seiji.

Okay, so, lemme try and sort something out as best I can.
I kind of was hoping they'd stay and question the oracle some to get some clues about where to go, and at the back of my mind had an idea that the group might split for some reason. In light of TC's post, I suspect it might be a good idea if some of the characters who seem more inclined to do so start investigating elsewhere while the rest ask the oracle, and either one group finds the thief/item or they both meet up or something. But that doesn't have to happen either.

And, a confession with an apology--I haven't quite worked out all the details on the thief yet, I have vague ideas and need to hammer them out quickly and soon. If anyone wants to help..PM me please.

Sorry I haven't responded in forever. I've been so busy .___. Hope the post was adequate.

Alsooo... hmmm... in regards to the thief, I don't really have any ideas about it for now, but I'll definitely try to brainstorm or something!

Okay, so, I didn't want to do like every other post, but it looks like that may be the best way to handle the NPC conversation without people getting confused or the conversation seeming awkward.
So forgive me, but with the Oracle I may have to do every other post so that things move forward properly.

And yes, he just had a brief vision of Oz's problem.

I feel I must make up for earlier failings.

Expect a character shortly. :|

*stares at the Story so far...*

Yeah, wasn't quite caught up on that...Honestly, not a lot has happened yet. A summary of the summary would be--Some people met, ran off to the Oracle, he says he doesn't have the macguffin lens he needs, they start to look for clues.

Name: Eldon Shorthwaite

Race: Crystal Elf (see history)

Class: Sage

Strong Points: Invention and arcana. Elven sensitivity to the currents of the world.

Weak Points: Usual Elven frailty, low strength and prone to emotional overload. Elves are not used to the mortal races, who cram so many emotions and mood-swings into so little time.

Abilities/Traits: Singing, musical ability (strings and pipes) and a fine cook.

DND-Style Alignment: Lawful neutral.

Personality: Eldon is not good in large groups or in arguments where emotions run unchecked. He likes things refined... purified... including his company and his surroundings. That which is wild and swirling troubles him and his life is an endeavour to reduce things to their core principles, their underlying emotions, that which matters and that which lasts. Needless to say, these efforts make him overly serious and single-minded to the point of aloofness.

Your Quest: Eldon seeks a Red Carmot Crystal. This is a rite of passage for his kind and will cost him his life if necessary.

History: The Crystal Elves are a tribe native to the Landorse Mountains, beyond the realms of the Wood Elves. It is a place on the edge of the known world, where caverns and subterranean tunnels are overgrown by the ancient woodland. The Crystal Elves live in trees above the caverns and venture down in search of Carmot Crystals - rare psychic gems produced inside the mountains. The Carmot Crystals are formed from emotions - the currents of grief, love, sorrow and hatred that issue from the mortal races. The Crystal Elves make it the purpose of their lives to cultivate these crystals and to use them in the construction of arcane weapons and machines. They are known among the elvenkind as inventors and artillerymen, possessing a unique magic called crystal-weaving which allows them to channel emotions into these crystals and thus accelerate their growth.

With the expansion of the mortal races, it has become clear that the Carmot Crystals are growing elsewhere and because of this the Crystal Elves have taken interest in travelling beyond their realms. The Red Journey - a right of passage for Elves in their 200th year, has now brought Elven adventurers further into the heartlands. These individuals seek to locate and cultivate Red Carmot Crystals, which are only formed from a delicate balance of specific emotions that comprise the heroic journey. To find a Red Crystal, an elf must be in the presence of a truly remarkable adventure.

Hey, what's going on!
Yeah, this got a little busted because I found several video games to overoccupy me, and have been busy in other ways that are probably not interesting.

So, let's try and get a headcount...post if you're still around and interested in this please!

--Also, I have no problem with Asmo's character, he's accepted. I think when I first looked at it I noticed he was leaving for a little while or something, and procrastinated more on getting a good look at the character far more than I should have. Sorry.

What choo talkin' about Xin?

I'll post if anyone else has something resembling a pulse.

Name: Nacyl
Race: pureblood werewolf
Class: Barbarian

Strong Points: Agility and strengh
Weak Points: thinking power
Abilities/Traits: Can play a harmonica
DND-Style Alignment: Neutral
Personality: not very good around other people
Your Quest: To gain back his land and pay back those that took it from him
History: when nacyl was younger he live in a nice and peaceful land until one dreadful day his land was attacked and he was locked away to rot while his captures took his land

Appearance: View attachment 1213

I would like to join if that's still an option.