Quests IC

Harriet followed the spider faithfully, both nervous and excited to see where it would lead her. However, like a torch being dousesd by sand, her excitement was abruptly put out. Before her stood two figures, one of them, a lizard-man, looking vaguely familiar. Had she seen him in the market earlier? The other figure was like nothing the girl had ever seen; long, dark hair with a stripe of white, two different-colored eyes, a tanned and athletic figure .... The woman had a certain exotic look, and was nothing short of beautiful. Harry shrunk backwards, intimidated, and was surprised to see Vern behind her. He was -unintentionally- blocking her way out. She made herself small, compact, unremarkable, and backed up against a wall.

Perhaps Vern should've taken a lesson and made himself a little more inconspicuous, Harriet thought, watching with wide eyes as the lizard-man advanced towards him. She would've intervened, but realized that both men were strangers to her. No sense in getting involved in a fight she knew nothing of. In any case, the lizard's body soon relaxed, and it seemed the two were once again on neutral terms.

The girl heard a clanking noise and turned her head, only to find the war-machine coming towards her. Though it was advancing more slowly than last time, Harriet's whole body still tensed up at the sight of the metal contraption. From it spilled a terrible screeching of words, so that the girl was forced to clap her gloved hands over her ears for comfort's sake. She just barely managed to catch a sentence: "I am also chased by them, so I cannot leave this city. How do you plan to make this up to me?" From this, Harriet gleaned two pieces of information: one, the war machine was not a war machine, and two, Vern was in a whole mess of trouble.

To his credit, Vern handled the situation remarkable well, considering both a lizard with sharp teeth and a colossal metal -thing- were hounding him. Regardless, Harriet felt inclined to help him out. "I didn't actually, um, enter this city legally. The entrance I used should still be open and unobserved." She said quietly, her dull eyes never leaving the metal creature's red ones. It all made sense now, she thought randomly. They were eyes, not peepholes.

Too much was starting to happen at the same time. Kiara saw two people coming down the alley, following something that skittered through the floor and then crawled up the lizard-man's body and settled on his head. Oh God...that surely is a spider. Her gaze then landed on thwo new persons joining them, Jason could only see one of them, a guy, but knew his companion was behind him. He was talking about running into the lizard-man's shop and finding an exit from the city. Figures, a guy on the run. The man she had been talking to came back to him with a half-aggresive response; half-aggresive because he looked tired. Then there was a noise, something that made Jason stiffen and ground her teeth. She snapped her head, like a dog on the hunt, and saw the slowly approaching figure of the great metal mass that Talrev was. By my grandma's beard, is everyone in here in trouble or what? Jason squinted her eyes and was about to give Talrev a response when the young man in front of her spoke again. That was when her curiosity returned to her, her doubts of all the people that surrounded her vanished in a millisecond. This young man's companion seemed to spoke for the first time, a girl, but she paid no attention. Mismatched eyes were staring at the pouch in his hands, and then she blurted out the question. "What kind of razor are you talking about?" Her eyes bore into his, and her arms crossed over her chest, waiting for an answer.

Groz was surprised when the large armored thing approached them. And he was almost shocked when it started speaking, and he understood it wasn't armored. It simply was made of iron, or some material like that. It seemed to also have something against the one that got him into trouble. However, the little person that also followed Azy said something that pulled Groz's attention away from the new arrival. He took a step towards her, asking her "You know of a way out of here, that ins't covered in guards? I'f you take me there, I'll give you a little something." He wanted, no, needed to get out of her. It was that, or latching onto someone to try to get some of their body heat.

Talrev divided his attention between the lizard man, Kiara, the strange man and the small girl. Appearently, every single one of them was chased by the city guards for some reason, or at least half of them were, so Talrev was convinced that this was no coincidence. There was definitely some sort of a greater force at work here. As he was contemplating that, he noticed that the young girl was looking directly at her, so for a few moments, he focused on her, and then it hit him. He almost managed to crush her not so long ago on one of the streets, and she fled with terror, which was a quite reasonable reaction considering the circumstances. Still, only now did he really take note of the fact that her entire body was covered in cloth, which was strange. Humans usually left at least their arms free of clothing unless they wore armour, and she certainly did not.

The Metal Steed pondered the significance of that for a few moments before he realised that his eyes lingered on her body for too long, which some humans often mistook for a sign of attention. Still, this girl, much like Kiara, piqued his curiosity, so he made a mental note about her before he decided to speak. This time his tone was relatively pleasant, but it still had an edge to it.

"I do not know how much that will help me. Even if you say you are not responsible for what has happened, I can not exactly manouvre every alleyway in the city, and I really doubt that the guards would be willing to negotiate me, especially because I have been associated with you," said Talrev and pointed one of his appendages below his mouth towards Vern. "As much as I hate to admit it, I will be most likely unable to escape punishment because of you, even though I have only defended myself from the guards."

Vern watched the girl he'd run into (literally) earlier offer to help everyone get out, and then he was distracted from the larger conversation by a question--'What kind of razor'. The asker seemed unusually focused on getting an answer to the question, as she wouldn't take her eyes off his. So he moved slightly closer to her, putting his hand in the pouch. "I dunno..just, a razor. You want to take a look at it?" he took the thing out and held it toward her while he spoke. "I mean, it's not mine, anyway.." She took it, and Vern turned to the..metal creature complaining about tight spaces.

"Look, I don't think I really could have helped what happened but I do want to help. What if I created a distraction so you could get out one of the main entrances and then I left Harriet's way afterward?"

After snatching up the glinting razor away from the man's hands, Jason turned her back on him and held the razor to the level of her eyes, taking in a silent, sharp breath. The handle felt dirty and uncared, and the blade was somewhat muddy, but she could still make out the engraved word in the center. Stravros. ​She wanted to run for an exit on the spot, wanted to leave the strange group she was with so it wouldn't make her quest slow down, but most of all she wanted to slap herself for not believing the old lady from the store before. Jason knew no one there, well except for Talrev but he was just a new acquaintance, knew they were all wanting to get out...and she had to help them. The lizard man started to look somewhat pale to her, Talrev surely was desperate to continue his way, and the young man clearly wanted to get out alive, his companion seemed to have no trouble but still was tangled in the same circumstances. Jason shut the razor and placed it in her belt, where it belonged; her attention then returned to the matter the other ones had in hand, her eyes searching their faces. "All right, folks. I believe I can help you with your dilemma." She turned tto look at the young man. "I will only owe you this one time, mister." She then proceeded to rummage through her satchel, pushing things here and there, her satchel seeming to have no end, like a woman's purse. With a hard and final pull, Jason held a small brown leather bag in front of herself, smiling in satisfaction.

"I really hope you got something helpful in there. Because if your plan is to shove all of us in there, I almost prefer to try my luck on my own." Groz said jokingly, flashing her a weak smile. He knew it had to be the first, and if not, this lady was crazy. Or his mind was just getting a bit clouded.
He leaned against the wall behind him again. If there was two things he didn't want, it was to start hibernating, or to ask for a great big hug for warmth. He almost preferred the first option, as then, he didn't have to ask a bunch of strangers for a hug. Yet he knew that it most likely was just a few hours before he had to get some heat, or fall into the slumber. "And with my luck, we'll probably be chased by the guards or something as I do..." He thought.

"I thought about that at first, getting all of you into my satchel but it would be very heavy, anyway." Jason smirked at the lizard-man and then cleared her throat. "Don't judge what you see, mister, but what's inside. I have an endless supply of spheres the size of marbles in this bag. What is important about thaem That these are fog spheres. This is not the brightest plan in history, but you all can go past the main exit while I fool around with the guardians and throw these to make a huge fog cloud. I have made several escapes with them, it can't fail. My other plan is to find someone who sells Transportation Spheres, but they are pretty expensive and most of the things in the market in here are not original." She raised both eyebrows and looked around, waiting for someone to speak up.

Harriet didn't know how to respond to the lizard man advancing towards her, but luckily, she didn't have to. The exotic-looking woman procured a sack full of small marbles, explaining what they were and how they worked. Harry took a lock of dirty hair between her fingers and twirled it, feeling silly for ever having offered a plan in the first place. Who did she think she was, anyways, speaking up when it was obviously not her place to do so? Shrugging her shoulders, she shrank against the wall behind her and kept her mouth shut.

The woman's "fog spheres" intrigued Harry, though. She had heard of something like them circulating illegally through the market, but had never actually seen one. Vaguely she wondered how the woman had obtained them, but she was even more curious about how they worked. Some sort of magic, no doubt.

"That seems to be an acceptable plan, Kiara Stavros. The fog spheres are indeed great tools for masking our own escape, however, will the mages of the city not notice our actions if there is magic involved?" asked Talrev, his voice feeling a bit more pleasant now that he was no longer angry at the people around him. After all, they seemed to be interesting in their own way, they seemed to have come from different cultures, and one of them was even a species that he had not met before. In fact, he was so interested in the lizardman that the problems of recreating the architecture of this city on the scale of his own species completely escaped his mind.

"I am willing to stall anyone who comes after us, though," added Talrev as he put some thought into the plan of Kiara. "I am sure even mages will think twice if they see me, especially if they know what I am... Even though this city seems to have no knowledge of the world."

"So, we got a plan and someone willing to sacrifice himself a bit if the plan doesn't work perfectly. So I see no reason to stall!" Groz said, as he pushed himself off the wall. "We're finally getting out of here Azy!" He hissed to his spider in his own tongue. He could feel his body preparing for the coming strain, making his limbs a bit easier to move.
He took one step, before stopping. "Uuh... Someone knowing where the exit is should probably lead the way..." He said with a sheepish grin.

"I assure you, I've done this many times and have come out without a single scratch on me. Well, maybe a couple of times I had to fight with the guards..." She checked the front of her half-leather attire, spotting the two spots where the guards' swords had almost pierced her and she had had to sew them with wolf's hair. She half-smirked to herself, the memory of that little adventure resurfacing for a moment. She gazed up again, getting her bangs out of her face and huffing. "Not a thing to worry about, and if they get anyone of you, or myself, I know how to get out of trouble" Jason smiled and shifted her unmatching eyes slightly, "in my own way". She swung the small leather bag around, the spheres clanked slightly against each other. The face of the young man was difficult to decipher, and the small girl that had arrived with him looked somewhat blue to her. For a moment, Jason decided to change her attention towards her by approaching her slowly and squating next to her. "Think about it, mates. You won't have another chance like this one." This she said to the rest of the group that had formed, but she was looking at the little girl, tilting her head to the side and wondering about how she had ended into such a life...just like herself.