Questions for the Women

Why do some of you insist in having such long nails?
Glad I'm not in that circle. I don't understand it either. How are women even able to do things with such long fingernails? When I first tried them out, nothing went the way I wanted it too. Tapping an unwanted letter with the tip of your fingernail while trying to text equals NOT cool.

I don't ask trap questions. At least I try not to.

I don't do super-long nails either. A little bit of nail I don't mind but I value my typing and texting too highly to let my nails grow long / use long fake nails.

This girl at work once had really long acrylic nails put on. She was struggling with them on. Why put them on in the first place? O.o

I know this really old woman (bless her) she told me that she can't live without her long nails. She's always got them done at the salon and always will. So I suppose it all depends on preference.

I honestly would not like to have super long nails.

Only straight women keep nails that long, amirite. hue hue hue :dude:

In all seriousness, I believe it's about the art of it, for the most part. I've bitten my nails since I was 6 years old, so I've never really had nice nails, but I really appreciate nail art, especially the long, gorgeous ones. Also, long nails make your fingers look longer, and for whatever reason, long, slender fingers are a very sought after trait.

Now, toenails... I love getting pedicures done. Since I have no fingernails to speak of, I get protective about my pretty toesies and don't like to cut the nails once they get long. I guess I can understand it.

You really don't want nails that long inside a lady, though. I was serious.

Why is it that you always have to be right in an argument? And when you're wrong, why do you manipulate the guy so that he ends up feeling bad, anyway? Why not just own up to being wrong?

omg I had to answer this because I do it literally all the time. I actually feel TERRIBLE every time I do it, and then I just keep on doing it! I can't stop! I think for me, it's because I have this horrific fear of failure, and when I do things wrong, admitting it would mean I FAILED, and this is terrifying to me, so I end up making the boy feel terrible with me. =____=; I'm sure for other ladies it might have something to do with the feeling of male oppression, but I have no idea.

9 - So if there is a size 0, is there a size -1? Does this mean inversion happens? DO YOU TURN INSIDE OUT!?
10 - Does it matter if a guy is immensely nerdy?
11 - A lot of guys bitch about girls going for bad boys. I say what girls are actually looking for is a man with confidence. Discuss.
12 - Do you actually care if we make a ton of money or drive a nice car? Because I can totally reallocate those assets to something more useful. In fact, I'm reallocating regardless of your answer.
13 - Do the presence of kids matter during dating?

9. Someone already mentioned 00 haha. But if you go lower than that, I think it's a girls' 16 or something like that. As in a child's size. xD

10. It CAN be a turn-on. I love talking comics and playing video games. I hate being ignored for video games.

11. Yes. Confidence is EXTREMELY sexy. It just turns out that a lot of confident guys tend to be huge douchebags. Plus confidence makes a guy more noticeable.

12. If I end up paying for literally everything, I start getting bitter. But otherwise, idgaf how much money or how nice a car you drive. If a guy is rich and/or drives an awesome car, it is a plus, though.

13. To me, it does. I hate children. Hissssssss.

Why is it that you always have to be right in an argument? And when you're wrong, why do you manipulate the guy so that he ends up feeling bad, anyway? Why not just own up to being wrong?

If I'm bothering to argue in the first place it's probably because we're talking about something I feel really strongly about. And no, I don't like to play the manipulation game. If I'm wrong I'll admit it strait up and try to do something to apologies.

9 - So if there is a size 0, is there a size -1? Does this mean inversion happens? DO YOU TURN INSIDE OUT!?

O.O people can turn inside out?

10 - Does it matter if a guy is immensely nerdy?

Nerdy is a good thing. I'm a nerd. That means we have common interests.

11 - A lot of guys bitch about girls going for bad boys. I say what girls are actually looking for is a man with confidence. Discuss.

Not a fan of the bad boys, but a man with confidence is always a good thing.

12 - Do you actually care if we make a ton of money or drive a nice car? Because I can totally reallocate those assets to something more useful. In fact, I'm reallocating regardless of your answer.

It's not about the money or the type of car. It's about the work ethic and budgeting skills that led to those things.
I work hard for what I have, I work hard to keep what I have in good condition, and I budget what I make and have carefully to stay out of debt. Any guy I date should be able to do the same.

13 - Do the presence of kids matter during dating?

So long as the man is a caring and responsible dad I like to think that his already having kids won't matter.
However I DON'T want to be made to feel like I'm just a built in baby sitter.

14 - Do women ever appreciate the concept of a wingman when a guy tries to court you? Corollary: My favorite "wingman" is my dog or my (then) baby cousin; would a pet or baby change the concept of a wingman? Because I think it'd be really funny. Plus, I love my baby cousin.

Depends entirely on how the wing-man is behaving.
I'm going to say no to the kid thing though. I'll assume the kid is yours and that there's already a women in your life.

15 - Do men get sexier as they get older (ie, the Silver Fox)? If so, what about them is appealing?

Yes, depending on the man. And I'd say that the maturity and confidence that comes with having lived more of life can be very appealing.

Why do some of you insist in having such long nails?

Probably has something to do with all the fun designs that can be painted on them :)

16 - Why do you ask us questions that are obviously traps? ("Does this skirt make me look fat?" "Do you compare your girlfriend to your mother?")

If I'm asking a trap question (which I usually try not to do) It's either because I'm already annoyed about something else, or I just want to see if you can come up with answer clever enough to get out of it.

Reactions: fatalrendezvous
Wing man?

The options presented in this question would send me running. Babies and dogs are not appealing. Might work on others.

Older = Sexier?

No concept of sexy. Starting to think I'm an alien.

Long nails?

I have a severe compulsion to chew my nails and fingertips. I haven't had normal nails in years.

It's a trap!

I tend not to care about most things related to trap-questions, so they're rarely asked.

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally don't like long nails. I do get acrylics for special occasions, but even when I do they are short. However, I prefer gels.
Gel nails are MUCH easier to type in. I know this from experience....... Coding is so much easier in gel nails! ^.^

Reactions: Hope
Number Whatever Because I Lost Count - Which do you prefer more - a man who shares most of your interests, or a man who shares only a few of them? (i.e., do you like guys who are almost exactly like you, or guys who have other interests to share with you)

Number Whatever Because I Lost Count - What is the appeal of the "artsy" kind of guy?

Number Whatever Because I Lost Count - What is the appeal of the "rugged" kind of guy?

Number Whatever Because I Lost Count - Why are women so much better at men's fashion than actual men? ie, Why does my wife keeping telling me to buy new shoes - mu current shoes still have soles on them, don't they?

Number "Whatever Because I Lost Count"?
DUDE! THAT'S MY FAVORITE NUMBER!

Number Whatever Because I Lost Count - Which do you prefer more - a man who shares most of your interests, or a man who shares only a few of them? (i.e., do you like guys who are almost exactly like you, or guys who have other interests to share with you)
Number Whatever Because I Lost Count - What is the appeal of the "artsy" kind of guy?
Number Whatever Because I Lost Count - What is the appeal of the "rugged" kind of guy?
Number Whatever Because I Lost Count - Why are women so much better at men's fashion than actual men? ie, Why does my wife keeping telling me to buy new shoes - mu current shoes still have soles on them, don't they?
  • Shares most but not all. Because if we're too different I won't want anything to do with him.
  • There isn't any?
  • Protective kinda feeling I guess?
  • I dunno. but new shoes are fun. Just because your current shoes still have soles doesn't mean they're in good condition. Also, it's easier to dress someone else rather than dress yourself (at least in my opinion)

Which do you prefer more - a man who shares most of your interests, or a man who shares only a few of them? (i.e., do you like guys who are almost exactly like you, or guys who have other interests to share with you)

Somewhere in-between. Enough that we can relate and have conversation topics we're both comfortable with, and enough that we can pull each other out of our comfort zone every once in a while.

What is the appeal of the "artsy" kind of guy?

Not a clue. I don't generally see guys as just one type.

What is the appeal of the "rugged" kind of guy?

Ditto.

Why are women so much better at men's fashion than actual men? ie, Why does my wife keeping telling me to buy new shoes - mu current shoes still have soles on them, don't they?

Not all women are into fashion. Or know much about fashion. Like me, I think your shoes are fine.

hich do you prefer more - a man who shares most of your interests, or a man who shares only a few of them? (i.e., do you like guys who are almost exactly like you, or guys who have other interests to share with you)
We have to have at least a few common interests. I like guys to have interests outside of mine also, though. That way we can share our interests, learning from each other, having new experiences together, etc. :P

What is the appeal of the "artsy" kind of guy?
As a girl with a BFA, an artsy guy is great because we can mutually appreciate beautiful art. Plus he's more likely to be DIY inclined.

What is the appeal of the "rugged" kind of guy?
Umm, "rugged" guys are kinda sexy, but on the other hand not really my style because they tend to like doing all these outdoorsy things all the time, and I'm more the sit at home and read comics kind of girl.

Why are women so much better at men's fashion than actual men? ie, Why does my wife keeping telling me to buy new shoes - mu current shoes still have soles on them, don't they?
This is not true for me at allllll. My boyfriend helps me get dressed all the time. He's way more fashionable than me. I just put on t-shirts and rely on my face to get me through life. =____=

I prefer a good balance. It's nice to have things in common to form a bond, but I li, e for the guy to have other interests too because it's something he can introduce to me and teach me about. More bonding. I also like for him to have a few of his own hobbies just for him. For instance, we both love hunting, but when it comes to backpacking 14 miles into the Alps.... that's all him. And golfing.

I respect and appreciate the artsy type very much. As for attraction career wise, I am attracted normally to blue collar type jobs. Unless he is completely career driven. I am somewhat attracted to a successful man, but only because it means he has passion.

I don't know it's just, animalistic, natural, sexy! I want to feel like the guy I'm with can protect me, in the most basic sense, and the rugged type just correlates with that subconsciously. I like a man who isn't afraid to get dirty. God forbid if a man takes more time getting ready than I do its not going to work...

It's just a part of life. Just listen to whatever your wife says when it comes to fashion. Me and my boyfriend are still somewhat in our early stages I guess so he hadn't given in yet. I have to BEG him NOT to wear floral swim trunks with a plaid button up shirt to a nice dinner. T_T Oh and I better have a correct change of clothes ready for him or he's just like "screw it I'm wearing what I got on." u_u;

Last edited by a moderator:
Which do you prefer more - a man who shares most of your interests, or a man who shares only a few of them?
I prefer a man who shares an equal balance, if that makes any sense at all. What I mean to say is he could have interests differing from mine, but maybe he still likes to read and write even if it's not his favorite, or he just doesn't do it as often, but he's still interested in reading and writing.

Inbetween? It's good to have some similar interests, but not everything. I wouldn't expect my husband to knit or crochet, and I doubt he would expect me to build.

*shrugs* idk. Maybe to some women they are sensitive?

Maybe the feeling that they can get shit done and serve as a protector? I'm horrible at answering questions for women...

Another question that I'm horrible at. I do like to use things until they can no longer be used (shoes are one such thing), so i guess this does not apply to me.