Questions for No One

No worries, Ocha. I'll be providing footnotes for Scribz on every post now, so he doesn't freak out and feel pressured to use long words and nonchalant phrases.

@scribz & @Kimyona - that was a joke, derived from the other threads, to be appreciated contextually.
The more you know.
Pfft, well that was one hell of a joke. It's the internet, no one will be able to understand sarcasm unless you include deliberate hints. You can't blame others for not understanding, anyone could take that as an offense. It's common sense to dislike it.

(By the way, I just want to deliberately point out that I am not trying to be rude or hateful in my response.)

(By the way, I just want to deliberately point out that I am not trying to be rude or hateful in my response.)
And I would just like to take this opportunity to point out that I AM rude and hateful, and I wish for all of my messages to be read in such a tone.

That's fair enough. But the two of you joined yesterday and immediately started throwing the smites around. It's a bit odd. Especially when you could have simply clicked on my profile and seen that I have 2726 positive ratings. Or even asked around, and learned that I am the former Administrator of this site. Nothing to brag about, of course. But logic dictates that I must have been doing something right in the 5 years I've been here. Do you think the staff are so inept that they wouldn't have gotten rid of a troll within 5 years?

Maybe on your previous forums smites were used in this slapdash way. But to receive one when making an in-joke with an old friend, which referenced FIVE other existing threads, from a member who has just joined, is a little depressing.

Please assure me you both understand this.

Reactions: Beatrix and Kimyona
An argument over Internet points that have utterly zero value. This should be fun.

colbert-popcorn.gif

• Thank You
Reactions: Drakel
I had a good laugh out of this thread.

I'm the real winner here!

That's fair enough. But the two of you joined yesterday and immediately started throwing the smites around. It's a bit odd. Especially when you could have simply clicked on my profile and seen that I have 2726 positive ratings. Or even asked around, and learned that I am the former Administrator of this site. Nothing to brag about, of course. But logic dictates that I must have been doing something right in the 5 years I've been here. Do you think the staff are so inept that they wouldn't have gotten rid of a troll within 5 years?
Maybe on your previous forums smites were used in this slapdash way. But to receive one when making an in-joke with an old friend, which referenced FIVE other existing threads, from a member who has just joined, is a little depressing.
Lots of forums don't have any kind of post rating system like this, so people may not know of any kind of etiquette at all when it comes to using them. It's a pretty reasonable assumption that they're meant to show approval and disapproval for posts, and that's what they did. Why have something as a feature tacked onto every single post if you're not supposed to use it frequently and with wild abandon? In the end, the points are useless and don't mean anything, so they did no lasting harm. I'd say it should just be counted as a learning experience for newbies and nothing to get upset about.

This doesn't count for @scribz though. He's a real twat, shit on him all you like. :)

Lots of forums don't have any kind of post rating system like this, so people may not know of any kind of etiquette at all when it comes to using them. It's a pretty reasonable assumption that they're meant to show approval and disapproval for posts, and that's what they did. Why have something as a feature tacked onto every single post if you're not supposed to use it frequently and with wild abandon? In the end, the points are useless and don't mean anything, so they did no lasting harm. I'd say it should just be counted as a learning experience for newbies and nothing to get upset about.

@Asmodeus: He's talking about tags, yo.

Mate, that's fair. I didn't know this was a big deal to you. I am genuinely just fucking about, and I genuinely felt you were being aggressive on the first post. Once you explained it, I would of taken it back if I could.

But, as Jorick said, I am a bit of a shit, an amazing and oh so modest one at that. If you want to smite all my comments from here to the end of days, then go for it. It doesn't bother me as from how I see them, it doesn't hold much real bearing.

I refuse to acknowledge the context of that joke, Gruntle. You've offended me and I want you to die, whoever you are. >:[

Reactions: Disgruntled Goat
*Hovers on the periphery with flavorless peace biscuits and room temperature get-a-long juice*

*Has fallen asleep standing, waiting for Asmo to run out of jokes.*

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, a Michigan Platter.

*kidnaps Tegan aboard his Perpetual-Jokeamajigger*

*Leaves claw marks in the floor as she is dragged onto a strange, rickety, fire hazardy contraption*

DX

Why are there only two jokes (one of which you stole from me!) powering this thing?!

Victorian Imperialism, my dear.

*shoves a sprocket in her mouth*

Asmo ruined this thread. If you agree please sign on the dotted line below. With enough signatures we can take this to the Admin's where Asmo will be declaired "The Worst". Only YOU can stop Asmo fires!

This thread benefited the community. >:[