Question Reguarding a Code

• Before posting a thread, please take a look at the Iwaku FAQs to see if your question has already been answered there!

Ruins

Path of Totality
Original poster
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
Speed of Light, 1-3 posts per day, One post per day, 1-3 posts per week
Preferred Character Gender
Male
Genres
I kind of like fantasy but I really like Sci-fie. I'm really flexible though and am familiar with various genres.

Hey There​
Hey guys so I'm fighting with a code that wraps text around an image. Its the icss code or what ever its called where you float the image to the left or right. I was wondering what kind of link works best for images— like would photobucket be best or is there another site that y'all recommend. Also is there a better code to use for this?

Sorry if I'm confusing in the way I explained this, maybe someone might understand what it is I'm trying to accomplish. Any help would be wonderful. Also is there a site with more bbcodes to use?

Last edited:

neptune

𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔫 𝔦 𝔣𝔞𝔩𝔩
SECURITY DEPARTMENT
Invitation Status
, , ,
Posting Speed
1-3 posts per week, One post per week, Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
Adept, Advanced, Prestige, Adaptable
Male, Female, No Preferences
Genres
Slice of Life, Horror, Fandoms, Superheroes, Crime, Drama, Grit, Supernatural, Light Sci-Fi, Modern Era, Dark Themes
This one?
This image has been floated to the right with a 2px red border and 11px width. This image has been floated to the right with a 2px red border and 11px width. This image has been floated to the right with a 2px red border and 11px width. This image has been floated to the right with a 2px red border and 11px width.
Code:
[icss="float: right; border: 2px solid red; width: 100px;"]https://data.iwakuroleplay.com/avatars/l/0/1.jpg?1464242633[/icss]  This image has been floated to the right with a 2px red border and 11px width. This image has been floated to the right with a 2px red border and 11px width. This image has been floated to the right with a 2px red border and 11px width. This image has been floated to the right with a 2px red border and 11px width.
As far as I know, there's no preferred website for image links. Photobucket works fine, but so does something taken from Google or Tumblr. You can find more BBCodes here! The divtionary is also quite helpful.

Reactions: Kitti and Ruins

Ruins

Path of Totality
Original poster
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
Male
Genres
I kind of like fantasy but I really like Sci-fie. I'm really flexible though and am familiar with various genres.
Yeah thats the one I was having troubles with. I'll give it another shot though.

The Mood is Write

Mom-de-Plume
SITE SUPPORT
DONATING MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
Multiple posts per day, 1-3 posts per day, One post per day, 1-3 posts per week, One post per week
Online Availability
11PM to 2AM EST, plus or minus a few hours in either direction.
Writing Levels
Adept, Advanced, Prestige
Male, Female, , Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
I'm open to a wide range of genres. Obscenely wide. It's harder for me to list all I do like than all I don't like. My absolute favorite is mixed and multiverse, but I'm not limited to those.

• Mixed Genre
• Multiverse
• High Fantasy
• Hard Fantasy
• Low Fantasy
• OP Fantasy
• Science Fantasy
• Modern Fantasy
• Soft Scifi
• Science Fantasy
• Low Scifi
• OP Science Fantasy
• Modern Realistic (Strict)
• Modern Realistic (Loose)
• Urban Fantasy
• Alternate History (Fantasy Preference)
• Post-Apocalyptic Mixed
• Post-Apocalyptic Fantasy
• Post-Apocalyptic Scifi
• Post-Apocalyptic Modern
• Dystopia
• Displacement
• Military
• Dying Earth
• Supernatural
• Drama
• Mystery
• Horror
• Religious
• LBGT
• Crime/Detective
• Parody
• Comedy
• Tragedy
• Romance (Must Include Others)
• Erotic (Must Include Others)
I'd try to avoid photobucket since they've been having problems being a good host lately. Imgur might be better!

As for the code, I'm not much help. Been not-coding too long.

Reactions: Kitti and Ruins

Ruins

Path of Totality
Original poster
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
Male
Genres

Yeah I just started this afternoon— I'm incredibly green at it. Its like if I was walking through a foreign country with my cowboy boots on not knowing the language or the customs. I'm after simplicity in what I'm doing with easy dev boxes and headers, ect. I should be going to bed but I'm having waaaaay too much fun with this.

neptune

𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔫 𝔦 𝔣𝔞𝔩𝔩
SECURITY DEPARTMENT
Invitation Status
, , ,
Posting Speed
1-3 posts per week, One post per week, Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
Adept, Advanced, Prestige, Adaptable
Male, Female, No Preferences
Genres
Slice of Life, Horror, Fandoms, Superheroes, Crime, Drama, Grit, Supernatural, Light Sci-Fi, Modern Era, Dark Themes
Yeah thats the one I was having troubles with. I'll give it another shot though.
Oh I’m sorry! I misunderstood your question. Like Moody said, I’d try Imgur. Sometimes the link won’t work for whatever reason. Alternatively, you could try image align instead of float. There’s also the BBCode help thread.

Reactions: Kitti